Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,529 members, 7,905,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 03:07 AM

- Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / (12906 Views)

Lagos Restricts Danfo Drivers To 8-Hrs Of Work / 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! / Who Makes Worse Drivers? Men Or Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Tropilo(m): 12:38am On May 08, 2012
lepasharon: is it becos of the parking thing ? cheesy

aah! Parking na different matter entirely. They either park at the centre of the road or inside gutter.
Re: by Nobody: 12:47am On May 08, 2012
Male or female?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz4gHscmUdI

interesting montage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8FPWB8IEDM

not so funny now is it?
Re: by lepasharon(f): 1:03am On May 08, 2012
Re: by lagcity(m): 2:44am On May 08, 2012
women are terrible drivers. i can't count the numerous times when women have tried to snuff the life out of me with their cars.
Re: by Oluwa4Sure: 2:54am On May 08, 2012
well

Re: by Oluwa4Sure: 2:55am On May 08, 2012
I think they still hold that position: WORST!!!

Re: by armyofone(m): 2:57am On May 08, 2012
Neil Armstrong first word on the moon was "one step for mankind yeah that's one small step for man one giant leap for mankind" women driving ba, one giant step for womankind cheesy
Re: by Oluwa4Sure: 2:58am On May 08, 2012
the one with that old malle, is just priceless for me

Re: by lagcity(m): 3:16am On May 08, 2012
drnoel: u guys can also see some links that show women canĀ“t drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QigzPnEz9E&feature=related

i laff till water comot for my eye. the blonde video is the funiest. At the end, the driving teacher just jump comot for car like, "phock this shit, i gat kids to feed man. this blonde b1tch is gonna kill me!" grin
Re: by Lee644: 3:19am On May 08, 2012
Busineis the salt of life.
[img]http://www.keyforex.info/iPad.gif[/img]
Re: by WhoIGoAsk: 5:11am On May 08, 2012
yes, lots of them are
Re: by Claracuzio: 5:39am On May 08, 2012
Most Women always drive foolishly
Re: by coolguy2002: 5:40am On May 08, 2012
i dnt think
Re: by Moralistli(m): 5:58am On May 08, 2012
I think that us women are safer drivers, we dont race, we are careful and we dont get into ego scraps with other drivers (something I have seen men do time after time), we think before we act and so on.

Check d bold word plzz, i think it should be 'we women'

Meanwhile, i just watched one of the videos up there; dis particular one ''American's worst drivers..Miami Sneak'' and i have got to understand that the lazy dude up there/the instructor, is not doing his job perfectly... i have taught more than four ladies driving and they are all driving perfectly... you don't instruct with raised voice 'cos the person is already nervous, is gud to avoid heighten his tension any further, lest you put him or her in a state of confusion..... do the job as an instructor perfectly if willing and you will see d learner learning fast/ perfectly if he or she is really determined to learn driving.

You all will hear of my Smart-driving school soon because gone are the days when only few ladies drive or wanna drive in our society. lol
[i][/i]
Re: by Freesia(f): 6:24am On May 08, 2012
Generally women drive with more caution Some men believe they are good drivers back home until they come and do the road test in places like Europe and fail the "behind the wheel test" and nobody tell me it has to do with the different road signs!!
I also know many men who can't drive stick and believe they are good drivers how can you be a good driver when you don't have full control of your car?

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 6:52am On May 08, 2012
Freesia: Generally women drive with more caution Some men believe they are good drivers back home until they come and do the road test in places like Europe and fail the "behind the wheel test" and nobody tell me it has to do with the different road signs!!
I also know many men who can't drive stick and believe they are good drivers how can you be a good driver when you don't have full control of your car?

love this post. It's hard to generalize. I have seen women that are excellent drivers and men that are bad drivers and vice versa. And if you can't drive a manual tranny, then you still don't know how to drive. It's a lot easier driving an auto than riding a tricycle.LOL
Re: by recruitmnt: 7:20am On May 08, 2012
Gaggi: Women are too emotional on the steering. The ones who are stubborn are extreme, the ones who are fearful will keep moving at slow pace while the reckless ones usually dent a brand new car in just 1hr. Like most things in life u need men to mentor them properly.
All the women i taught to drive are world class drivers 2day. wink

You're so right! EMOTIONAL is just the word. I remember when I started driving, I used to cry on the steering cos of fear and intimidation by other drivers..lol.
Re: by Nobody: 7:48am On May 08, 2012
chaircover: I'm fed up of hearing this all the time. Sometimes I am in the car with my husband and someone in front of him does something silly and he automatically says "women drivers" and then we go past the car and see that it is a man driving it angry

I think that us women are safer drivers, we dont race, we are careful and we dont get into ego scraps with other drivers (something I have seen men do time after time), we think before we act and so on.

Using myself as an example, I have only had 2 accidents in 10 years; one was when a lorry hit me whilst I was stationary at the side of the road (so not my fault) and[b] the other when I choose not to believe my reverse sensors and reversed into a tree. OK that was my fault[/b] embarassed shocked shocked shocked

Ok I have seen some lady drivers do some silly things but it is not as bad as people paint it.

I dont work for an insurance company, but it will be interesting to see the percentage of accidents caused by women against accidents caused by men.

You have said it all.how can a safer driver end up reversing into a tree ? What if the tree were a human being ? Driving is not about racing but being calculative,considering of other road users and never being emotional on the road.You can hardly find a woman that can park or reverse successfully without getting a scratch.your being too careful which may arise out of fear sometimes lead to men being rude to you.
Personally,I see women as learners and I try as much as possible to avoid them while driving cuz it's either she's thinking of one thing or the other.So women are worse on the road than men because they can hit you thinking you are a tree.
Re: by Nobody: 7:57am On May 08, 2012
women look lovely while driving but truly their pattern of driving perhaps comes from another planet. some would adjust the seat very close to the dashboard, fighting with powered-steering, others cant even look side-ways. its always easier to detect if the car in front of you is being driven by a woman and to be on the safe side always give women drivers a good gap(distance) because she would match the break at any occasion even when she thinks she forgot something at home.
Re: by ballabriggs: 8:00am On May 08, 2012
[size=18pt]Another sexist post. KMT[/size]
Re: by Nobody: 8:02am On May 08, 2012
chaircover: I'm fed up of hearing this all the time. Sometimes I am in the car with my husband and someone in front of him does something silly and he automatically says "women drivers" and then we go past the car and see that it is a man driving it angry

Using myself as an example, I have only had 2 accidents in 10 years; one was when a lorry hit me whilst I was stationary at the side of the road (so not my fault) and the other when I choose not to believe my reverse sensors and reversed into a tree. OK that was my fault embarassed

Ok I have seen some lady drivers do some silly things but it is not as bad as people paint it.

I dont work for an insurance company, but it will be interesting to see the percentage of accidents caused by women against accidents caused by men.
Hahahahthey usually are at first when they are learning but when they get a hang of it.....Sometime sI wonder why they dont participate in Formula 1 beleive me they will make Schumacher look like a turtle.
Re: by maintain10(m): 8:12am On May 08, 2012
grin grin grin

Re: by maintain10(m): 8:13am On May 08, 2012
grin grin grin

Re: by Nobody: 8:15am On May 08, 2012
Re: by gsmgold: 8:20am On May 08, 2012
steph7:
Those sexist statements can be so annoying, my mum has been driving for over 20 years and has never had an accident or scratches on her cars, but her drivers hmm story for another day. Most times men feel cos she is a woman she can't drive well and try to push her off lanes in traffic, she just laffs and by some miraclous rough driving she maintains her lane, I don't subscribe to the fact that women are worse drivers than men
Re: by Nobody: 8:27am On May 08, 2012
chaircover: A lot of you are just generalizing. Yes there are some really crazy lady drives just as there are heaps of crazy male drivers. Funny Enough I beleive that[b] I am a safer driver[/b] than my husband and many people have said the same thing.

Ah! Bluetooth what happened is (And I am sure that many peeps who drive cars with reverse sensors will say the same thing) is that the sensors start beeping miles away from the obstacle. You look in the rear view mirror and what you see doesn't correspond to the noise on the sensors, It is rather annoying and until you are able to judge the real distance, you either reverse short or you go the other way which is what I did.

You dont need to rely on your sensor if you are a safe driver like you said.Do the drill with a rugged manual car without a sensor and see if you are truly a good driver.Like I said earlier,driving is not all about holding the steering and moving the car from point A to point B but the ability to ensure safety of other road users between that point.Look at the terrible pictures around and you will admit tha women should not even be allowed to drive in the first instance:just take a look at the pictures critically and say someting even when most of the vehicle may likely have sensors.the fact that you dont speed doesnt mean you ensure maximum safety on the road !
Re: by Carrlls: 8:29am On May 08, 2012
why are you women always so bitterly against your fellow women? Blood no dey una veins?[img]http://www.keyforex.info/cpu.gif[/img]
Re: by Nobody: 8:32am On May 08, 2012
Ladies are naturally carefull drivers but wicked one too they take the road like their property the average Nigerian lady won't let u enter through their side infront of them but if they are @ d side of d road they insist in entering in front of u.
Re: by Okijajuju1(m): 8:49am On May 08, 2012
Driving!!

Its a skill. One in which most women dont seem to be gifted in. Above and beyond moving a car, a driver has to be sharp, alert, decisive and confident in their ability behind the wheel. Now I have met some wonderful female drivers no doubt one of whom is my mother, but then again shes a road hazard more often than none. Now we are judging driving based on proper road conduct and not who can run against traffic best.

The first problem with most female drivers is that they are afraid. Its almost as if they feel that when once they let go of the steering wheels for a second, the car would go out of control so they grip the steering like they are holding on for dear life. what this causes is that they lose fluidity in their manuevers. Example, a man who wants to make a U-Turn on a busy road would simply watch, wait for his chance and would with one hand turn the steering like a racecar driver and within 15secs, he is done. But a woman would come wait for her chance and start making this turn with two hands on the steering doing the hand-over-hand manuever, looking down at her gearstick every two seconds, her chest to the steering wheel, her neck stretched, her eyes trying to see her bumper in front of the car. all this could take up to two minutes in an extremely tight situation. In a womans bid to be careful, she ends up becoming a nuisance on the road. This is especially worse when it is in rush hour and everyone is in a hurry.

Another issue is women and distraction. Most female drivers are already scared, then ontop of this, they try to multitask while driving. I have seen several women doing make-up while driving (esp. in the morning) using the mirror on their visor, some even talking on the phone while driving which makes an already difficult situation worse.

All bad drivers are not women, but most women are bad drivers! grin

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 8:52am On May 08, 2012
Re: by Okijajuju1(m): 9:19am On May 08, 2012
women

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One / Koenigsegg Posts $2m Regera Crash Test Video To Celebrate 1m Instagram Followers / Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.