Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,037 members, 7,970,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:21 PM

- Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / (12933 Views)

Lagos Restricts Danfo Drivers To 8-Hrs Of Work / 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! / Who Makes Worse Drivers? Men Or Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Okijajuju1(m): 9:19am On May 08, 2012
more

Re: by Nobody: 9:57am On May 08, 2012
who said women don't race!!!...on Sunday, there was this lady I was trying to overtake on third mainland bridge, I was doing 140, she was in a red corolla, I was in a Jetta...and women are rough, they don't give u right of way, ESP if the car they are driving is more expensive than yours! SMH! God help women
Re: by cantell(m): 9:57am On May 08, 2012
chaircover: LOL Bluetooth I have been driving long before sensors came along and that is one of the reasons why I dont bother looking at the camera when reversing & I relay on my judgment.

Like I said there are a number of crazy female drivers but it isn't as bad as people make out. There are some exceptionally good ones too. Living in the UK with snow, heaps of women safetly get from A to B in those conditions. Simply said, We are not as bad as people try to make out.

The purpose of this thread was to break the myth and I was expecting proper figures from insurance companies, police accident figures etc not one off You tube clips.

In naija we don't do figures at least not for accidents or bad driving.
Bad drivers dey plenty for naija. Add female drivers to it, the result is quite disastrous.
Re: by kpolli(m): 10:08am On May 08, 2012
chaircover: I'm fed up of hearing this all the time. Sometimes I am in the car with my husband and someone in front of him does something silly and he automatically says "women drivers" and then we go past the car and see that it is a man driving it angry

I think that us women are safer drivers, we dont race, we are careful and we dont get into ego scraps with other drivers (something I have seen men do time after time), we think before we act and so on.

Using myself as an example, I have only had 2 accidents in 10 years; one was when a lorry hit me whilst I was stationary at the side of the road (so not my fault) and the other when I choose not to believe my reverse sensors and reversed into a tree. OK that was my fault embarassed

Ok I have seen some lady drivers do some silly things but it is not as bad as people paint it.

I dont work for an insurance company, but it will be interesting to see the percentage of accidents caused by women against accidents caused by men.

Lie from the pit of hell. . . It's women that even started that
Re: by Demdem(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2012
kpolli:

Lie from the pit of hell. . . It's women that even started that

u dey mind them. One thing i know is i dont allow any lady driver in front of me. They know how to plead buy generally ingrates on the road. as soon as i see a lady driver about to take a position in front of me i make sure she doesnt succeed. Thats me.
Re: by nwanioma(f): 10:56am On May 08, 2012
Ikenna351: Women drivers? Hm!

I have taught about 10 persons how to drive & most were women. At a point, I started thinking that only God would be patient enough to teach women how to drive. Am serious. Every moment i had spent on the passengers seat when they take over the steering, I would be having cycle of nightmares till i would take over. Sometimes i wonder where some men that teach their wives how to drive borrow all those patience & calmness to go through all that high blood pressure. The worst part is that while they would be raising your blood pressure with their wonderful driving, they would still be asking you "How are my doing?". I remembered when mom told me what happened during her own time of learning how to drive. Mistakenly, dad decided to be the one to teach her to drive with his BRAND NEW car. A mistake indeed! The first few days they went out for practise, they would come back nagging at each others. At a point, mom realised that she wasnt making any progress & they would always come back unhappy with each other. The 4th day or so, dad realised his mistake & sent her to driving school, for peace sake. I was teaching a female neighbor with her car how to drive then, & mom was telling me the story that I must be special then to be doing this without the woman complaining, instead singing praises to her how good & patient i was while i was teaching her driving. But mom didnt realise that dad wasnt different. Maybe, i would have done worse than dad to that lady if it was my car. I could remember the day one of my younger sister asked me to teach her how to drive with dad's car i was using then. I didnt even utter a word to her in reply. Make she come carry me!

Dont get me wrong, am not saying all women are slow learners in driving. Some men are worst than most women in learning how to drive.

Whenever am driving in the city, I dont like women driving behind me. Once i notice that, I would quickly steer into the other lane. Make dem carry their wahala dey go! Most women, when they are reversing, they will only apply brake when they hear noise behind or when the car suddenly stopped on its own. God have mercy on you if your car was the wage or the source of noise. A woman will drive & hit you behind, when you have calculated, smartly applied brake & stopped your car before a traffic light. When you walk up to her car & asked her "why me?", she would reply "But why did you brake like that?". As if it was wrong for you to know how to apply brake. Before you know it, she would pull her phone & start calling her husband or boyfriend. Expecting you to do what? Call your wife or girfriend(s) too?

Notwithstanding, there are very few that are very good in driving, very few. Some are even rough riders! But we are looking at 10 - 15%.

Yes, some men are like that too. You will see some men sitting so close to the steering wheel, holding the steering wheel so firm, like women, as if they driving accross graveyard! How do you expect to drive properly when you are so nervous, not relaxed? Even some tutors in some driving schools drive the same way. What do you expect them to produce then? Expert drivers?

Ikenna.

I like your post! and I totally understand what you mean, i recently got back to learning how to drive (after i threw a man into the gutter some years back), and i totally feel for my friend who donated his EOD for me to learn(my brother sings for me "what your father can not do..."wink. I know half the time his heart is in his mouth when am behind the steering. This said i do not feel like i am a terrible driver oh, am just slow for now and i have not hit anything or anyone yet so i think i am doing quite well! On the issue of bad drivers one of the best drivers are i know is my female friend, she would race you any time any where, i just love the chick so there are great female drivers afterall wink
Re: by chineloSA(f): 11:03am On May 08, 2012
I have obseved that Nigerian drivers are the worst. Hate me if you want to, no wahala

Male or Female.

They do not know the signs let alone observe and adhere to the rules.

They do not know the rules so they do anyhow.

The problem is not about being able to propel the car its about observing the signs on the road and respecting the rules of the road.

As alot of you have mentioned that you taught alot of your female folks, you forget to focus on the road signs, rules etc. when you teaching. Home driving school is not good @ all

Hence in foreign countries, they just drive bull since they not used to that.

Nigerian drivers are pathetic in general smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: by 4wardever(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2012
I once asked a woman why women are such dangerous drivers and she smiled and said: It is our hormones that are responsible for it.

2 Likes

Re: by bknight: 12:46pm On May 08, 2012
An average Nigerian woman always thinks 'gra-gra will show them they can't cheat me on d road because I'm a woman', she'd rather cause an accident than being 'chanced'. serzly there r more 'stubborn' female drivers than males in nigeria.

I once saw this woman making up while on d steering, she put her make-up kit on d dashboard, making up and checking herself out in mirror
Re: by laykhorn(m): 1:39pm On May 08, 2012
purefella: Why women are worst drivers is that most of them can't stay focused for a longer time without doing other silly things like talking , looking around if they can see fresh fish to buy while driving and once they see anything they go for it forgetting they are on the road , they just hit the break with their frog little legs , they are also good at doing a lot other funny stuffs and mostly study any female drivers the perfect time for her to make a mistake while driving is when she passed beside the market and she sees fresh tomatoes or whenever she passed beside where they are selling clothes like ankara , lace that goes for older women ,if it's our ladies let them drive pass in-front of big boutique that has a lot female wears hanged outside grin cheesy grin
ROTFLMAOOO!!! Hey! You've studied them that much. Very true....

1 Like

Re: by Kk4(m): 2:23pm On May 08, 2012
Although women r safer drivers, but their driving can b very ridiculous. Poor calculations 2
Re: by r231(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2012
grin grin
Re: by Freesia(f): 8:18pm On May 08, 2012
Okija_juju: Driving!!

Its a skill. One in which most women dont seem to be gifted in. Above and beyond moving a car, a driver has to be sharp, alert, decisive and confident in their ability behind the wheel.

The first problem with most female drivers is that they are afraid. Its almost as if they feel that when once they let go of the steering wheels for a second, the car would go out of control so they grip the steering like they are holding on for dear life. what this causes is that they lose fluidity in their manuevers. Example, a man who wants to make a U-Turn on a busy road would simply watch, wait for his chance and would with one hand turn the steering like a racecar driver and within 15secs, he is done. But a woman would come wait for her chance and start making this turn with two hands on the steering doing the hand-over-hand manuever, looking down at her gearstick every two seconds, her chest to the steering wheel, her neck stretched, her eyes trying to see her bumper in front of the car. all this could take up to two minutes in an extremely tight situation. In a womans bid to be careful, she ends up becoming a nuisance on the road. This is especially worse when it is in rush hour and everyone is in a hurry.
All bad drivers are not women, but most women are bad drivers! grin

I gotta agree with you on this but there are also men who don't give a second thought,they just make rush decisions and think later

chineloSA: I have obseved that Nigerian drivers are the worst. Hate me if you want to, no wahala

Male or Female.

They do not know the signs let alone observe and adhere to the rules.

They do not know the rules so they do anyhow.

The problem is not about being able to propel the car its about observing the signs on the road and respecting the rules of the road.

As alot of you have mentioned that you taught alot of your female folks, you forget to focus on the road signs, rules etc. when you teaching. Home driving school is not good @ all

that would explain why many countries in Europe and North America require people to do a "behind the wheel test" when they want to drive.Driving back home and driving in the west is different.Imagine people jumping a red light as if it's not a big deal because they are in a hurry or they are worried about their safety if they stop at a red light at night
Re: by yungboss(m): 12:03am On May 09, 2012
This thread makes me laugh, well lady drivers are easily noticeable when they are ahead of u. You see all kinds of drama. Sometimes u get irritated,presume its a woman,when u finally drive past/overtake her, the sight of her hugging the steering and not caring to look at ur passing vehicle just douses my annoyance. I always give them space so that i dont scratch my car. I learnt to respect and avoid our ladies on the road for my own good!
Re: by yungboss(m): 12:12am On May 09, 2012
Just the other day, a little lady was driving something of a Nissan Armada, that massive box! U needed to see how she was straining to see the nose of the bonnet of her car, hugging the steering with her seat pulled forward. I thot, why on earth would she choose to drive such a big vehicle,couldnt she have gone for a much smaller car, i bet u, she wasnt going to go home without a quarrel with some male drivers on the road that day. Women,learn to drive cars compatible with ur stature hmm.
Re: by Okijajuju1(m): 9:04am On May 10, 2012
yungboss: Just the other day, a little lady was driving something of a Nissan Armada, that massive box! U needed to see how she was straining to see the nose of the bonnet of her car, hugging the steering with her seat pulled forward. I thot, why on earth would she choose to drive such a big vehicle,couldnt she have gone for a much smaller car, i bet u, she wasnt going to go home without a quarrel with some male drivers on the road that day. Women,learn to drive cars compatible with ur stature hmm.

Imagine if those airbags should deploy... No be instant death be that!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Koenigsegg Posts $2m Regera Crash Test Video To Celebrate 1m Instagram Followers / See How To Debadge A Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Or Any Car Brand / Who Said Honda Has A Wheel Problem (photo)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.