Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,332 members, 7,881,236 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:53 PM

EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception (2568 Views)

Governor Okowa's Message To Obasanjo At 79 / Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT / Why Buhari Must Apologise To Nigerians for Deception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 09, 2012

By Wilson Uwujaren Ag. Head, Media & Publicity Unit
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 dragged a 79-year-old Clement John Adiamiko Uwemedimo aka ‘Professor’ and his co-accomplice, Prince Ajamu Sunday Adedayo before Justice Habeeb Abiru of Lagos State High Court, Ikeja.

They were arraigned alongside their company, Command Clem Nigeria limited, on a 32 count charge for offences bordering on obtaining money under false pretences. The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the offence when the charges were read to them.

Soon after the charge was read, Jeese Daniels Onuigbo, counsel for the defendants, asked the court to grant his clients bail. He asked the court to take into consideration the constitutional right of the accused persons based on presumption of innocence until proven guilty. “My Lord with this application, we are relying on the provisions of Section 35 (1) and Section 36 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. And also we base it on the jurisdiction of this court. We urge the court to grant our prayers by granting the accused persons bail. We also pray that the conditions will be on the most liberal term.”

However, Ben Ubi, counsel to EFCC told the court that he was only handed the application for bail by the defence counsel in court, but will not oppose the application as bail is solely at the discretion of the court. But he urged the court to impose conditions that will ensure the defendants are present in court for trial, “Although I was served the bail application this morning in court, I managed to read through it, and in the interest of Justice, I will want the court to use its power of jurisdiction, but I pray the court to attach conditions that will ensure that the accused persons are present for trial.”

After listening to arguments from both counsel, the court admitted the accused persons to bail in the sum Five Hundred Thousand naira each, one surety each in like sum. The sureties must be resident of Lagos State with proven addresses and evidence of tax payment.

The case was adjourned to the 25th and 26th June, 2012 for commencement of trial.

Uwemedimo and his co-accused were arrested by the Commission after it received a petition from the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN alleging that the company, Command Clem Nigeria Limited was operating an illegal fund management business. One of the suspects, Umemedimo, the CEO of the Company, in his statement to the EFCC said he is an inventor of corrosive chemicals. He was said to have printed and circulated fliers and posters inviting members of the public to participate in becoming patentees in the invention of Anti-corrosive special paints.

The fliers and posters which had various bank accounts urged individuals to make deposits of N30, 000 and earn N30, 000 monthly returns for the rest of their lives.

Wilson Uwujaren

Ag. Head, Media & Publicity Unit
Source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 09, 2012
Why Prof no just collect 1 Billion that time wey oyel company offer money now

It is most unbecoming to be caught entangled in a 419 web of deceit.

If there is a time I wish the EFCC dragnet ends up catching the wrong type of fish, I suppose this is it grin cry

Friday, August 21, 2009 - Moshood Adebayo, Abeokuta

Why I rejected oil coy’s $1b offer -Prof, who invented anti-corrosive paint
For Professor Clement John Uwemedimo, the sum of $1 billion is too small for his intellectual prowess. He has therefore urged President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua to protect the rights and intellectual properties of Nigerians.

He spoke against the background of his invention, Anti-Corrosive Paint which today is being used by many oil companies in Nigeria and beyond.

The renowned inventor, who spoke in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State during a one-day sensitization workshop, said such a protection would help the actualization of the seven- point agenda and the Millennium Development Goals of the administration.

Anti-corrosive special paint which is the first and only enabling chemical that allows extraction and exploration of crude oil, condensate, liquefied natural gas and barrelled gas all over the world was invented by Uwemedimo in 1980.

The scientist who is a recipient of the Certificate of Patent from the Federal Government on the special paint also explained why he rejected a $1 billion offer to buy his Patent Certificate by an oil company in Nigeria.
According to him: "It would have amounted to selling one’s birth right, honour, sovereignty, dignity and pride if I have to sell the patent which was a product of my being a Nigerian. Posterity will not forgive me, if I have to accept that peanut against the earlier agreement that I would be paid $2 daily as royalties per barrel of every article.

Going down memory lane, Uwemedimo, who hails from Eket in Akwa Ibom State, said he suffered greatly before the invention materialized adding that he almost became blind.
"It was through the grace of God that I am seeing now. For almost 10 years after the invention, I found it difficult to see because of the salty nature of water where I worked during the invention. Yet those companies that are using results of my efforts have refused to pay me royalties since".
"I have not only been denied the proceeds from the invention, but Nigeria and Nigerians who have benefited from the proceeds have also been denied this proceed for the past 29 years. Unhindered and arrogantly too, they continue to cheat on Nigeria’s wealth and people".

Uwemedimo promised to inject proceeds of his invention into building Nigeria’s economy. "I will definitely insulate our economy from any economic meltdown, recession, etc. That’s why I am appealing to Nigerians to buy into my ideas by supporting my struggle. "I will build 400 new towns across the country as well as provide unparalled employment in the country", this is a promise and covenant with Nigeria and Nigerians that I am part of”. He told the participants that attempts had been made on his life in the past. "They (those who did not want to pay me royalty) wanted me dead. Attempts have been made on my life. They want me to die so that there will be nobody to tell Nigerians that they have rights over their oil.

"If we have no right over our oil, what else do we have right over? I will stand on my feet for the struggle over my invention. “I have suffered persecution because of my struggle to get what rightly belongs to me. Two weeks ago, they kidnapped my daughter, beat her up and left her almost dead. They have made several attempts on my life too. They have also tried to kidnap me too, but they always failed because God is on my side”.
“They kidnapped my daughter last February and I had to pay heavily, because she could be released. They said they were looking for me. I don’t know my sin. I don’t know that invention is a crime”.

Source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 09, 2012
Right, I take back what I wrote earlier.
This 79 year old does bear all the traits of an unreconstructed 419er grin
King Prof?...<<Just when you think you've seen it all cheesy>>

I'll say the CBN made a good call on this particular money making scheme scam.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by papagiddy(m): 5:39pm On May 09, 2012
where are all those calling for investor to this scam called commmand clamm??
God just helped me,i almost jumped at it.yeye grand pa!!!
Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Banjo24: 6:10pm On May 09, 2012
let hear the other side of the story
this is not the first time.
sign of intimidation from mobil.
am not a sugbendu
Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Banjo24: 6:16pm On May 09, 2012
this is not the first time hearing such stories
Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Banjo24: 6:22pm On May 09, 2012
there is publication about the supreme court case against mobil Nigeria unlimited and others inf-ringers!
why ?

1 Like

Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 09, 2012
^^^
You think this unfortunate turn of events is down to Mobil pulling the CBN's puppet strings?
As someone who appears to be in the know, please explain how an investment of 30K Naira is supposed to result in the kind of returns projected by Commandclem.

By the way, is there a title 'Doctor of Science' Clement John Adiamiko Uwemedimoh does not posses?
A human rights group, the Global Peace Movement International, recently organised a rally to celebrate the Rev Clement Uwemedimo of Commandclem Nigeria Limited (CNL), who invented an anti-corrosive paint that rust-proofs oil pipes.
-- Source

1 Like

Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:09pm On May 09, 2012
Finally EFCC is waking up to its duty somewhat this old frump and his cohorts have milked millions of Nigerians dry - always askign for N2,000 donations to prosecute Mobil Unlimited Vs. CommandClem that was discharged since 1999 -bloody bas.tards grin
Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by PhysicsQED(m): 11:03pm On May 09, 2012
Didn't this guy's footsoldiers used to spam this forum a while back? grin
Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Nobody: 9:55am On May 10, 2012
PhysicsQED: Didn't this guy's footsoldiers used to spam this forum a while back? grin

Threads running to 108 pages and now morbid silence? grin --https://www.nairaland.com/569089/comandclem-patentees-assembly/108
Failure is truly an orphan.
Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by airmark(m): 3:16pm On May 10, 2012
Sharrap bro, nija is a failed state.
Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 10, 2012
airmark: Sharrap bro, nija is a failed state.

No twerp, your mind is in a failed state cheesy

airmark:

@ IVORY, i a'int Comandclem rep or officer or NSIMAN. You and others 've got no brilliant and convincing facts to confirm Comandclem is a scam. You promised to give details earlier. You now said people should visit Vanguard for details.
You can't post a genuine and accessible online link to nail the scam. It buttressed my post on your reasoning. you want people to visit vanguard Newspapers' office or check all issues of Vanguard newspapers from January to December 2010? Grow up, your level of intelligence is shocking. No point conversing with you anymore.
Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by airmark(m): 1:12am On May 12, 2012
@e gorilla, comandclem has nt been proved guilty. Thats the handiwork of enemies of light. d!!ck head grin
Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Banjo24: 11:32pm On Jun 14, 2012
@Gorilla, can you pls update us.
The king is out ! You never hear ?
Always think with your brain and mind. Dont make use of your anus again pls.
Re: EFCC: 79-year Old Nigerian Man Arraigned For Deception by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
@Banjo24/@Airmark,

As a seasoned veteran of war, by default, I find it difficult to trade infantile insults with unconscionable eejits like you two.
So what if Reverend, King, Professor, Doctor Clem makes bail? How does this equate with not being proven guilty yet?

Since you are both unquestionable slow on the uptake, let me make it clear that, while I had absolutely nothing against your principal to begin with (look at my very first post), having read through other threads on these boards, I have determined that his pyramid money-making scheme is nothing short of reprehensible.

What inventor goes by titles such as Reverend, King, Professor...etc anyway?

(1) (Reply)

Senate, House Committees Disagree On Oil Benchmark / Nigeria Ministry Of Defence Official Website / The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.