Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:13 AM

When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? (33427 Views)

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms / Is There An Online Directory Of Nigerian Lawyers Available? / Diminished Responsibility And Criminal Law-a Question To Nigerian Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Eshinwaju: 7:55pm On May 03, 2016
Lawyers in the house.....why these silly steewpeed display of subservience.....I suspect someone who has a lot of influence benefits from wig importation......otherwise why this shameful act....I bet a lot of our lawyers don't even know how these wigs came about....bunch of shameless Neo-colonialists.. angry angry
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Eshinwaju: 8:13pm On May 03, 2016
Ban the wigs and conserve our foreign currency.... angry angry angry
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 18, 2016
In my own humble opinion, I think the wig is a remnant of colonial past and should be done away with. Being an attorney and a good one at that has nothing to do with wearing that ridiculous horse hair on your head. It is about time the Nigerian Bar Association do away with that and step into modernity. Nigeria copy and do things with no rhyme or reason. I can understand British attorneys wearing it especially in a cold climate like theirs but not in Nigeria where it is hot as heck and people sweat their butts off. In America as an attorney you just wear your suit and tie when you make an appearance before the court and that's it. Only the judges wear robes. I am sure it costs a lot of money to buy one of those and the last time I checked it was not made in Nigeria and most certainly has to be imported. We wonder why and how the foreign reserve gets depleted.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by cr80vity(m): 1:14pm On May 19, 2016
the white as made us believe we cant establish things on our own
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by AlphaSoul: 12:15pm On May 15, 2021
Knegoyon:
When will Nigeria stop wearing wigs looking like fools to the entire world?

I came across this article look how we look totally stupid to the world.

Check this article out and check out more pictures here:
Is now the time to remove wig wearing as part of court dress in Africa’s Commonwealth of Nations and those in the Caribbean?

http://dilemma-x.net/2012/05/09/is-now-the-time-to-remove-wig-wearing-in-africas-commonwealth-and-caribbean/

[img]http://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2012/05/bahamas-02.jpg?w=540&h=360[/img]

LMAO! The white wigs and black
overalls look excessive and ridiculous. It's just for showing
off IMHO.

Why not wear special suits for
men and skirt suits for female lawyers while maintaining a
client-friendly but conservative nature of the legal profession which does not give room for
loud publicity.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by sherlock229(m): 9:51am On Feb 03, 2022
I hate them wigs so bad

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. / Angry UBA Customer Grills Bank Staff Over Fraudulent Transactions In His Account / 10 Glaring Signs That You Are Being Underpaid (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.