Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,048 members, 7,909,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 01:45 PM

Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma (11860 Views)

PDP Is In Coma With No Doctor, Only ‘Nurse Metuh’ Is Treating It – Senate Leader / Policeman Beats Driver To Coma In Lekki, Lagos (pics) / Soldiers Beat Policeman To Coma In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by not2long(m): 1:43pm On May 12, 2012
IT was a show of shame Thursday night at Eleme roundabout in Port Harcourt when about six Police men pounced on one of their colleagues beating him to coma because he allegedly resisted their effort to extort money from a commercial bus driver.

Eye witnesses gave the name of the Mobile Policeman who was beaten to coma as James Ameh and attached to Mopol 56. They said he was in a commercial bus when suddenly about six Policemen stopped the vehicle, ordering the driver to hand over the key to them. They said he had flouted traffic rule at about 7pm when he picked a passenger in the area.

The driver who did not want to waste time allegedly alighted from his vehicle to negotiate with the Policemen who insisted he must part with five thousand naira. At this point, the Mobile Policeman, James Ameh who was reportedly on the front seat with the Bus driver had to come down to appeal to his colleagues to let the driver go for his sake.

The Policemen were allegedly uncomfortable with his role in the whole drama. And one of them had to push him, telling him to get off their way. Before the Mobile Policeman could even regain balance, the six Policemen reportedly started raining slaps at him from all sides. In the heat of the ugly drama, the anti riot policeman allegedly slumped.

The eyewitnesses said it took the intervention of sympathisers to move him from where he allegedly slumped.

When contacted for comment on the alleged shameful conduct of some Policemen in his command, the state Police Commissioner, Mr Mohamed Indabawa said those allegedly involved were being investigated. He said the matter had been brought to his attention. “We know those said to be involved. And the whole issue is being investigated”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/six-policemen-beat-colleague-to-coma/
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Odunnu: 8:55pm On May 12, 2012
I was actually an eyewitness to this scene.
Its a shame what these men can do for money

1 Like

Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 12, 2012
When Police fit dey beat hin fellow police, are we the citizenry safe?
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Nobody: 12:14am On May 13, 2012
I can't wait to see the commercials of when ''WEED'' is legalised
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by dapachez: 7:43am On May 13, 2012
Just heard on independent radio benin that the cop has a spinal cord injury,if this is true then those cops should have to do time. Smh for NPF

1 Like

Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by doctokwus: 9:36am On May 13, 2012
No one shd be surprised if d cops go scot free.I bet d DP0 & d police high brass(apart frm d topmost echelon bc of d sensitivity of dere offices) will b castigating d now paralysed policeman for 'intervening out of his jurisdiction'.U wud not understand d calamity dat is d nigerian police until u experience d murderous tendency of d average nigerian policeman,all lot of misfits frm d topmost to d lowest.

1 Like

Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by hakanai(m): 10:37am On May 13, 2012
bennyraz: When Police fit dey beat hin fellow police, are we the citizenry safe?

^^^^My brother,you can imagine if to say na civilian.Them for don shoot you sharply before you even say sorry or abeg!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Nobody: 10:50am On May 13, 2012
What will MD ABUBAKAR,the inspector general of police do about this ? In as much as I pity the poor guy that was brutalized,the issue is a police affar.let them solve it by themselves.To me,they have always been an embarrassment to Nigeria. tongue
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by reflx(m): 11:11am On May 13, 2012
Well I have read all the news in the papers and other media and its shocking !!!and while I condemn the act..the news was blown out of proportion ...I work in the police clinic port harcourt and I treated james ameh and all he had were serious bruises,chest pain and a bite to his hand...no spinal cord injury or paralysis...he is still on admission because of the awareness of the incident ...meanwhile the six other guys are already in police net and set for trial next week after investigations...please the press should be truthful...I read with disbelief all I saw in the dailies...he had his bath and ate by himself...he is ok and those guys are set to be punished...fullstop!

5 Likes

Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by kay9(m): 11:12am On May 13, 2012
Shame. Shame on the NPF.
Sometimes i wish i wasn't Nigerian; as bad as our neighbouring Niger Republic is, this would never happen there.
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Tos87(m): 11:29am On May 13, 2012
reflx: Well I have read all the news in the papers and other media and its shocking !!!and while I condemn the act..the news was blown out of proportion ...I work in the police clinic port harcourt and I treated james ameh and all he had were serious bruises,chest pain and a bite to his hand...no spinal cord injury or paralysis...he is still on admission because of the awareness of the incident ...meanwhile the six other guys are already in police net and set for trial next week after investigations...please the press should be truthful...I read with disbelief all I saw in the dailies...he had his bath and ate by himself...he is ok and those guys are set to be punished...fullstop!
tell that to Punch dem,vanguard dem,sun dem,thisday dem.....and...and ....i
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by forkadict(m): 11:38am On May 13, 2012
reflx: Well I have read all the news in the papers and other media and its shocking !!!and while I condemn the act..the news was blown out of proportion ...I work in the police clinic port harcourt and I treated james ameh and all he had were serious bruises,chest pain and a bite to his hand...no spinal cord injury or paralysis...he is still on admission because of the awareness of the incident ...meanwhile the six other guys are already in police net and set for trial next week after investigations...please the press should be truthful...I read with disbelief all I saw in the dailies...he had his bath and ate by himself...he is ok and those guys are set to be punished...fullstop!
Thanks a bunch men for the update. Don't mind all those mushroom press men and newspapers that can not go the extra mile to verify accounts before going to press.

With that said, I still put the blame on GEJ, the corrupt C-in-C that can not curb corruption in his police force. Mtscheeeew!
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by forkadict(m): 11:42am On May 13, 2012
Thanks a bunch men for the update. Don't mind all those mushroom press men and newspapers that can not go the extra mile to verify accounts before going to press.

With that said, I still put the blame on GEJ, the corrupt C-in-C that can not curb corruption in his police force. Mtscheeeew!
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by forkadict(m): 11:43am On May 13, 2012

Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by ITbomb(m): 11:54am On May 13, 2012
so if I write say........
all he had were serious bruises,chest pain
and a bite to his hand...no spinal cord injury or paralysis.
..had his bath and ate by himself
Who go buy my paper?
You no go face ur clinic work , mark I do mine as a professional

4 Likes

Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Nobody: 11:55am On May 13, 2012

That is some good crisis management skills you got here.CAN YOU PLEASE POST A PICTURE OF THE GUY FOR SOME BACKUP ?

1 Like

Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by MrGlobe(m): 12:16pm On May 13, 2012
we dont believe you. You need more people.
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by emekauzor(m): 12:29pm On May 13, 2012

thats true reflx is right the whole thing was blown out of proportion, its a pity at what happened but we need to tread the way this story is said
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Odunnu: 12:36pm On May 13, 2012
Like I stated before, I was at the scene. Ameh was the one who called his colleagues. He was conscious to do that. We actually begged him to allow us take him to the hospital but he refused. That was the point when I became a passive onlooker.
The exaggeration by the press is alarming
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Rhino5dm: 12:52pm On May 13, 2012
It is very plausible the guy is already dead and hurriedly buried in a shallow grave. I can't trust police with the life on dog! Na 2day?

~Bluetooth:

That is some good crisis management skills you got here.CAN YOU PLEASE POST A PICTURE OF THE GUY FOR SOME BACKUP ?
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Claumy2(m): 12:55pm On May 13, 2012
The truth is that the man working with the police clinic should be a policeman and MAY not want to expose themselves more. The said Ameh must have been under threats for not allowing his colleague extort money from the bus driver. Nigerian Police! Habah!!! Corrupt men. The men of the NPF are the bane of this country. The said six policemen are likely to go scot-free; unless they don't have god-fathers. We hear about this because it wasn't a civilian.
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by stagger: 1:43pm On May 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

That is not some BS crisis management. A former staff of that clinic is my townsman, and I know for sure that only corpers work in that clinic assisting the DECOMPOL medical. So I will believe this guy more than I will believe the pressmen who always spice up their stories to sell their papers.
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by freecocoa(f): 1:54pm On May 13, 2012
Hmmm,and we are just supposed to believe this just like that?

Anyways as far as its police vs police case,I fecking don't care,they can all die,they are no good to us tongue.
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 13, 2012
reflx: ..meanwhile the six other guys are already in police net!

POLICE IN POLICE NET!

1 Like

Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Proxytalk: 2:39pm On May 13, 2012
Even though is a fact that ng press do blow out of proportion, but i dont see any inflated report so far. it was ind radio far away benin that mentioned spinal the press report said "according to eye witness,they allegedly said" so the reporter was not there when it happnd neither do rexf that claimed he treated the corp. and he admited the corp had bruises & defect in his arm. some hiting can make some one collapse without bruise, not talk of bruises. moreover if press didnt report itll end there
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by nelly4(f): 2:44pm On May 13, 2012
this report would have been better is d beaten cop was an army or navy or airforce officer.....then i would actually follow dis thread with much zeal and a bowl of popcorn cos we would then be set for the movie battle of musanga season 3 but nw its just a pity

2 Likes

Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by question(m): 3:00pm On May 13, 2012
DOG EAT DOG.
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 13, 2012
MD Abubakaoooooooooooooooo
I.G.Pooooooooo
Senatorsoooooooooo
Were all of una dey
This legalise armed robbers aka NPF don come back for road againoooooooo
This time with anoyance
See me drive all the way from lagos reach Imo state na him These guys sey I go give them 200nira when I refuse them delay me sotee them begin look for fault
One say the hackney card wey de attach to my papers na him I present as driving licence,
Istead of sey him no fit differentiate the two.
Finally them come leave me run when trailer come jam for their checkpoint
Now I dey suffer alone for hospital for police checkpoint matter.
I beg IG, I still trust you to do something to policemen at mgbidi.
Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by Yinkay: 3:06pm On May 13, 2012
Well I have read all the news in the papers and other media and its shocking !!!and while I condemn the act..the news was blown out of proportion ...I work in the police clinic port harcourt and I treated james ameh and all he had were serious bruises,chest pain and a bite to his hand...no spinal cord injury or paralysis

So we have reached a stage where such conduct by Policemen is not serious since there is no paralysis or fatality,

1 Like

Re: Six Policemen Beat Colleague To Coma by jamace(m): 3:10pm On May 13, 2012
onyefin: MD Abubakaoooooooooooooooo
I.G.Pooooooooo
Senatorsoooooooooo
Were all of una dey
This legalise armed robbers aka NPF don come back for road againoooooooo
This time with anoyance
See me drive all the way from lagos reach Imo state na him These guys sey I go give them 200nira when I refuse them delay me sotee them begin look for fault
One say the hackney card wey de attach to my papers na him I present as driving licence,
Istead of sey him no fit differentiate the two.
Finally them come leave me run when trailer come jam for their checkpoint
Now I dey suffer alone for hospital for police checkpoint matter.
I beg IG, I still trust you to do something to policemen at mgbidi.

These numbers(08077446699 or 0810255581) are direct lines to ig -only short messages (SMS) :

Your SMS should contain the following:
-Quote the police Vehicle number /identification
-Quote the Officers name and numbers
-Time:
-State:
-Local Govt area:
-Type of illegal duty - Extortion of money,illegal road block/Check points e.t.c

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Central Bank Of Nigeria To Spend $8 Billion Defending The Naira In 2022 / Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration / Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.