Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,417 members, 7,940,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:50 AM

**stories That My Mother Told Me** - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / **stories That My Mother Told Me** (2347 Views)

Share The Stories That Made An Impression On U From Alawiye Textbook / Some Stories That I Saved Before The File Loss. / Nairaland Stories That Made My Year!(2013)! . . . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

**stories That My Mother Told Me** by Teekay777: 12:26am On May 13, 2012
[/color]
Good day your excellencies! It's a great day! Henceforth, I have decided to always use this corner to inspire you to greater heights. You may now call me your 'NairaLand Inspirational writer'.

Here comes my first writeUp, it will rock you off your chairs!

------>'A College Student Solves an Unsolved Mathematical Problem'

In 1939, a student at the University of California, studied up late at night. The next morning, he arrived class very late when the class had dismissed. He found three mathematical problems on the board. He copied them all, assuming they were all part of the homeWork.

The first two problems were not so tough to solve. But the third was seem impossible! But after about one hour, he came up with the solution. He reluctantly went to submit his script at his professor's office and left.

That evening he received a phone call from his professor. "Do you realize what you did on the test today?" he shouted at the student.

"Oh, no," thought the student. I must not have gotten the problems right after all.

"You were only supposed to do the first two problems," the professor explained.

** "That last one was an example of an equation that mathematicians since Einstein have been trying to solve without success. I discussed it with the class before starting the test. And you just solved it! Eureka!!!" \=D/ <=-P

Needless to say, the young man got his name into history books. His name is George Dantzig.

✽✽ LESSONS ✽✽
☑ George was able to solve the 'unsolveable' problem because he wasn't there when the professor mentioned it.
* Many of us have too much facts at hand why the dream ain't gonna work out. We have too much statistics:

"In sub-saharan Africa, 8 out of every 10 girls are..., Kids born out of wedlock are likely to..., someone with only an OND can't..... " Hey!! You need to hush with those figures! They are barriers stopping your progress.

☑ Impossibility doesn't exist! It's just a mindSet. The wright brothers were told metals can't float. Behold we have gigantic airbuses today.

☑ It's time to toss those statistics away! Refuse to be put into that box!

☑ Ignorance can sometime become a blessing!
* Too much Analysis can lead to Paralysis! That's a Rhema right there! smiley

Friends, move forward, keep moving! You are closer than you think!

As you pursue after your dreams, I pray that God will grant you the sight of an eagle, the strength of an ox, the speed of a deer and the boldness of a lion in Jesus' name!

For a betterYOU,
TeeKay.

* Kindly follow me on twitter for more inspirational tweets: @Mr_teekay [color=#006600]
Good day your excellencies! It's a great day! Henceforth, I have decided to always use this corner to inspire you to greater heights. You may now call me your 'NairaLand Inspirational writer'.

In 1939, a student at the University of California, studied up late at night. The next morning, he arrived class very late when the class had dismissed. He found three mathematical problems on the board. He copied them all, assuming they were all part of the homeWork.

The first two problems were not so tough to solve. But the third was seem impossible! But after about one hour, he came up with the solution. He reluctantly went to submit his script at his professor's office and left.

That evening he received a phone call from his professor. "Do you realize what you did on the test today?" he shouted at the student.

"Oh, no," thought the student. I must not have gotten the problems right after all.

** "That last one was an example of an equation that mathematicians since Einstein have been trying to solve without success. I discussed it with the class before starting the test. And you just solved it! Eureka!!!" \=D/ <=-P

Needless to say, the young man got his name into history books. His name is George Dantzig.

✽✽ LESSONS ✽✽
☑ George was able to solve the 'unsolveable' problem because he wasn't there when the professor mentioned it.
* Many of us have too much facts at hand why the dream ain't gonna work out. We have too much statistics:

"In sub-saharan Africa, 8 out of every 10 girls are..., Kids born out of wedlock are likely to..., someone with only an OND can't..... " Hey!! You need to hush with those figures! They are barriers stopping your progress.

☑ Impossibility doesn't exist! It's just a mindSet. The wright brothers were told metals can't float. Behold we have gigantic airbuses today.

As you pursue after your dreams, I pray that God will grant you the sight of an eagle, the strength of an ox, the speed of a deer and the boldness of a lion in Jesus' name!

For a betterYOU,
TeeKay.

* Kindly follow me on twitter for more inspirational tweets: @Mr_teekay

✽✽ LESSONS ✽✽

For a betterYOU,
TeeKay.

* Kindly follow me on twitter for more inspirational tweets: @Mr_teekay

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: My Dirty Friend Cynthia / My Christmas Angel / Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.