Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,915 members, 7,883,183 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:21 AM

HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders (2171 Views)

Job Opportunity For Bsc Holders / Undergraduate,interns,ond And Bsc Holders Come In / State Security Service Recuiting Bsc Holders As Cadet Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by 28octo: 9:08am On May 15, 2012
Considering the fact that after the OND progrms they engage in a compulsary one year IT makes them bttr. Unlike university graduates that lacks any form of training. Basically BSC graduates are termed 'fresh graduates' bcs they knw nothing! I have intervied one too many BSC grds and it seems most pirchase degrees. So many of them are not fit to be engaged my anybdy

1 Like

Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by Exponental(m): 9:42am On May 15, 2012
Mr poster, dont worsen d case, raise a topic on how d challenges can be resolved. Who told u Bsc holders dont go 4 IT, 3months in 300level, 6months in 400level.
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by 28octo: 9:48am On May 15, 2012
Exponental: Mr poster, dont worsen d case, raise a topic on how d challenges can be resolved. Who told u Bsc holders dont go 4 IT, 3months in 300level, 6months in 400level.

still cant be compared to one yr IT at a go. Besides poly is more practical on point
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by jonzy1(m): 11:41am On May 15, 2012
28octo :
Considering the fact that after the OND progrms they engage in a compulsary one year IT makes them bttr. Unlike university graduates that lacks any form of training. Basically BSC graduates are termed 'fresh graduates' bcs they knw nothing! I have intervied one too many BSC grds and it seems most pirchase degrees. So many of them are not fit to be engaged my anybdy

See grammatical blunders, this shows how you will perform better than bsc or beng. Just becos u did one year training makes u better abi?

Just pray make ur kids pass jamb enter good university cos it's obviuos u didn't
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by 28octo: 1:21pm On May 15, 2012
jon_zy:

See grammatical blunders, this shows how you will perform better than bsc or beng. Just becos u did one year training makes u better abi?

Just pray make ur kids pass jamb enter good university cos it's obviuos u didn't
dude am still in secondary sch. Fact is I knw lots u guys dats fucking up
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by jonzy1(m): 3:45pm On May 15, 2012
28octo :

dude am still in secondary sch. Fact is I knw lots u guys dats fucking up

Perfect, then u still have the opp to read and make it to the uni. Fact is that all the good jobs go to bsc and beng so long u made 2.1 and above.
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by Meritgoal(m): 9:18pm On May 15, 2012
jon_zy:

Perfect, then u still have the opp to read and make it to the uni. Fact is that all the good jobs go to bsc and beng so long u made 2.1 and above.
That's the criticism that goes arround, which i notice always make the Bsc holder focus on the wrong mindset of jumping from one job to another, in the name of better offer till he get older than the performing age. While the HND holder seize the opportunity of the criticism, to build up a business venture and create job.
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by afinic001(m): 10:48pm On May 15, 2012
Meritgoal: That's the criticism that goes arround, which i notice always make the Bsc holder focus on the wrong mindset of jumping from one job to another, in the name of better offer till he get older than the performing age. While the HND holder seize the opportunity of the criticism, to build up a business venture and create job.

Your statements are too generic. Please can you be more factual? Besides you have deviated from the topic/debate.
As far as I'm concerned, there is no controversy about the quality of a BSC holder and an HND holder. BSc holder are of higher quality than HND holders. All the Employers/Corporate organisations could not be wrong on this as evidenced by the criteria they normally stipulate for job openings. Infact, in many organisations(e.g Banks) HND holders are contract staff while BSc are professional staff.
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by Meritgoal(m): 11:44pm On May 15, 2012
afinic001:

Your statements are too generic. Please can you be more factual? Besides you have deviated from the topic/debate.
As far as I'm concerned, there is no controversy about the quality of a BSC holder and an HND holder. BSc holder are of higher quality than HND holders. All the Employers/Corporate organisations could not be wrong on this as evidenced by the criteria they normally stipulate for job openings. Infact, in many organisations(e.g Banks) HND holders are contract staff while BSc are professional staff.
My main point is that HND holders are mostly job creators, which is the best and more advantageous. While BSc holders get stock with salary job. Which is the wrong idea for todays economy.
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by 28octo: 6:49am On May 16, 2012
Meritgoal: My main point is that HND holders are mostly job creators, which is the best and more advantageous. While BSc holders get stock with salary job. Which is the wrong idea for todays economy.

really
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by yommy2sure(m): 11:49am On May 16, 2012
no lon thing @ op since u r still in sec sch and u r so illogically obsessed with hnd, go ahead and attend a poly or other institution grab your hnd and create job...simple!
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by 28octo: 5:50pm On May 16, 2012
yommy2sure: no lon thing @ op since u r still in sec sch and u r so illogically obsessed with hnd, go ahead and attend a poly or other institution grab your hnd and create job...simple!
on point
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by chinweuche(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2012
U guyz no get work @ all. Hw can u be comparing messi(BSC) wit aiyegbeni(HND)? Lol. Anyway, dnt mind me. It doesnt matter. Both of them ar good degrees. It's nt ur fault dat society regarded one a littl bit higher dan d other. Remember, DSC/PHD/MSC/BSC/HND/ and their younger brothers, do nt determine hw sucessful u wil b. Evrythin depends on ur willingness 2 suceed, opportunities/decisions u take and God's plan/destiny 4 u. D guy talking abt 2.1 no doubt, is a good grade worth strugglin 2 get but it's nt jst d criterion 2 succeed. So many 2.1 and first class holders sit @ home and fail aptitude tests/interviews many times b4 dey recover, those wit lower grades have overtaken them or becom successful enterpreneurs. Though u need 2 work hard on ur G.P 2 secure job opportunities and invitations but that doesnt automatically put u on d success ladder. Fate may decide dat wit ur first class degree, u wuld go begging 3rd class recipient jobs and crying(pls help me "is like my wicked uncle is chasing me frm d village even wit my first class"wink. If u doubt me, go and ask prof utomi, wole shoyinka and many of those guyz in d national assembly. Som who were frustrated in school or attended college cos dey were influenced by parents/colleagues/society nt because dey wantd 2 attend. Weda u have BSC, HND, OND, NCE OR SSCE, is nt d criterion to make it. Even those who didnt or culdnt go 2 skul ar driving d best cars and living big. In all, education shld nt jst b seen as a factor 2 gettin a gud job/living big but a course 2 develop d mind with, change d way u think, behave and create useful ideas(nt makin bombs 2 kill fellow human). Den finally work hard and pray 2 God 4 help and guide 2 ur destiny. He will bless you. Am a living testimony.

1 Like

Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by shalljane: 12:12pm On May 17, 2012
I agree with u as Unversity will teach the "Y" why the Polytechniques will teach you how which makes them better than the universities.
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by chinweuche(m): 1:21pm On May 17, 2012
@shalljane, let's nt b deceived here. Evry1 is free 2 xpress himself in public but in a sensible way. Bsc and hnd serve in their similar ways. Dey both hav their limitations and advantages. While bsc is extensively built on theoritical reasoning, deductions and designs hnd concentrate more on practicals and techniques. both share parts wit d other 2 balance up. D gospel truth is dat one thing can com first b4 anoda(jst like A b4 B not B b4 A unless there is an anomaly/fault). By hierrachy, bsc is placed higher dan hnd 4 nw, unless there is a reverse. It doesnt mean bsc holders ar better dan hnd holders or reverse. It depends on individual degree holders and their abilities. U were wrong wen u said knowin hw is better dan knowin y. Hw do u kn hw when u dnt even kn y or y wen u dnt kn how? U first first understand why b4 u kn hw 2 tackle it. Look @ ur post again! Employers require hnd or bsc depending on the kind of job and functional areas while som employ bsc based on hierrachy 2 chase crowd or play along wit societal/personal sentiments. But dat's d world we'v found ourselves.
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by shalljane: 11:26am On May 18, 2012
Can we move on on this topic please.....? and discuss something else.
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by 28octo: 1:42pm On May 18, 2012
shalljane: Can we move on on this topic please.....? and discuss something else.

jane how do u mean
Re: HND Graduates Performs Better Than BSC Holders by tobnical(m): 1:47pm On May 18, 2012
Mr. man,u re only trying to console urself. i am a BSc. holder and i went for IT twice-3months each tim.
normally in d industrial settings. a BSc. holder is expected to do d designing§all paper work dat re needed to successfully complete d projet while he hands it over to poly graduate for execution

(1) (Reply)

Who Got A Text From Fantasia S.P. (upstairs)? / Careers At Portland Nig Ltd, Ibadan / Info On Accord Mortgage Bank Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.