Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:25 AM

PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria (6178 Views)

Murray-bruce Throws Graduation Party For Son At His Beverly Hills Mansion -pics / Pls I Want To Join Politics,pls Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Party To Join / What Is D Best Party System Nigerian Have Ever Practise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by faithin9ja: 10:47am On May 15, 2012
It is so SAD, but PDP is the party Nigerians deserve. PDP like it's predecessor NPN is the only national party in Nigeria today all other parties are based on regions and/or religion.

Any real Nigerian who wants to get into politics, and wants to get elected, so he or she can improve their family will in most parts of Nigeria join PDP.

Most Nigerians think politics (and even their day to day jobs) is all about what that job (or political position) can do for them and their family, very few Nigerians enter any vocation for the sake of others.

Our parents push us to be doctors and lawyers not because we will cure sick people in the Nation or fight for justice but because these are perceived to be high paying professions, Nigerian youths want to work for oil companies or banks, not because they want to fight oil pollution or give loans to small businesses, but because they want higher salaries and a company that well cover their diesel bill.

So how are we, Nigerians different when we enter politics - very few Nigerians have any kind of political ideology. We only enter politics for what we can get. Many of my friends and associates left the US and UK to move to Nigeria to enter politics or because their brother had political appointment, none of them ever said I am going home to improve something for my people.

Most of these people ended up in PDP, why PDP because this is the winning party, unless you are from ACN, CPPC or APGA states, whereupon you enter those parties.

How many 'nairalanders' have even joined a political party? and how many of you joined for ideological reasons?

For that matter how is APGA or ANPP or PDP ideology different, don't they all promise us the same things?

So as the heading of the post states, as long as Nigerians only get up in the morning to sort our own stomach out first, PDP will remain in power.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Ilaje44(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2012
Ok! Wo ist der Antragsformular? I wanna join Papa don Pay jare. Mo ti so ireti nu wipe Naija go better... I don reach the stage of break-even chopulate point. Up Awo, up PDP! Abi, shebi Party Awolowo ni PDP? 2/3 minority plus 3/2 majority with 99.99 percent electoral result, insha allah, I go be next Gomina in both Ondo and Konfluenza abi Delta State. PDP, democracy for majority, justice for minority.

Vote baba Ilaje
The only baba that understandable the youths in their youthful exuberance
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by faithin9ja: 11:38am On May 15, 2012
As a matter of fact I go as far to say that PDP is the only non-tribalistic party in Nigeria. Why because all other parties are based on region, tribal and religious lines. We all talk about Buhari and Fashola, El-Rufai and Tinubu, etc yet PDP has perfected the art of using the average Nigerian greed and selfishness to create one big party for everybody.

Even Buhari cannot sway the core North to himself, because any right thinking Northern who wants to make sure he does not enter politics for nothing will join PDP, see Ogboru in Delta State, he contested for governor with one party but supported GEJ and PDP for presidential elections - why because he wanted to be part of the winning party.Even the fuel subsidy, the beneficiaries cut across all ethnic groups.

Basically if you are a true Nigerian and you want to sort out yourself and family, don't waste your time, join PDP
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by duality(m): 1:14pm On May 15, 2012
faithin9ja: It is so SAD, but PDP is the party Nigerians deserve. PDP like it's predecessor NPN is the only national party in Nigeria today all other parties are based on regions and/or religion.

Any real Nigerian who wants to get into politics, and wants to get elected, so he or she can improve their family will in most parts of Nigeria join PDP.

Most Nigerians think politics (and even their day to day jobs) is all about what that job (or political position) can do for them and their family, very few Nigerians enter any vocation for the sake of others.

Our parents push us to be doctors and lawyers not because we will cure sick people in the Nation or fight for justice but because these are perceived to be high paying professions, Nigerian youths want to work for oil companies or banks, not because they want to fight oil pollution or give loans to small businesses, but because they want higher salaries and a company that well cover their diesel bill.

So how are we, Nigerians different when we enter politics - very few Nigerians have any kind of political ideology. We only enter politics for what we can get. Many of my friends and associates left the US and UK to move to Nigeria to enter politics or because their brother had political appointment, none of them ever said I am going home to improve something for my people.

Most of these people ended up in PDP, why PDP because this is the winning party, unless you are from ACN, CPPC or APGA states, whereupon you enter those parties.

How many 'nairalanders' have even joined a political party? and how many of you joined for ideological reasons?

For that matter how is APGA or ANPP or PDP ideology different, don't they all promise us the same things?

So as the heading of the post states, as long as Nigerians only get up in the morning to sort our own stomach out first, PDP will remain in power.

very correct. can't wast my time on any god forsaking party that can't win election or at least guarantee political contracts.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by achi4u(m): 1:16pm On May 15, 2012
i wish we were ONE nigeria,we would've go the way of USA...two party system.
PDP may rule till nigeria break.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by gulfer: 1:26pm On May 15, 2012
PDP Is the Best Party For Nigeria's Ruination!!! grin grin grin
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by emiye(m): 1:33pm On May 15, 2012
As your name implies, "Faith in Nigeria" will never be translated to reality with PDP being at the helms of affairs.

If every one reasons like you, Nigeria will head to a One Party State.

One Party State is a sure doom for the country, it signals political monopoly and less power for the people of the country to make significant changes in who governs them.

For a succesful democracy, the ruling party must have a viable opposition who keeps it on its toes. The ruling party is coerced to "performing", knowing that failure to do so could lead to a loss of the peoples mandate to the opposition

If you are not yet a PDP card carrying member, you had better have a rethink.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Standing5(m): 1:35pm On May 15, 2012
If religion unites CPC and Tribal bond unites ACN and APGA, what Unites PDP?
(a)The mass suffering/Innocent blood
(b)Corruption
(c)Oil Money
(d)All of the above

2 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Baawaa(m): 1:41pm On May 15, 2012
faithin9ja: It is so SAD, but PDP is the party Nigerians deserve. PDP like it's predecessor NPN is the only national party in Nigeria today all other parties are based on regions and/or religion.

Right it down now,come 2015 power will change hands!
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 15, 2012
Ofcourse PDP is the only Party one can register and you are truly nationalistic in view. All other parties seem to be pursuing regional goals. I rather wish PDP can clean herself of rotten eggs. ACN is Tinubu's looting machine and CPC is Buhari's channel to show naked temperament.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Godmann(m): 1:48pm On May 15, 2012
Yea, your are right but it is the only national party of the thieves. Our angels if there is any is yet to get their feet and form a party that can clean up our land. The other masquerading progressive alternatives are as corrupt and unfocused as PDP
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 1:51pm On May 15, 2012
What do you mean by "nationalistic view"? When they can't allow minority to rule? So many fools don't even know that PDP is northern party.

Do you think PDP would have allowed Jonathan to rule, not for the cold hands of death that took care of Yar' adua? Saying why should a minority from the creek become the party flag bearer.

Only those with little inner workings of the greatest evil party or those on her payroll would think otherwise.

National party my foot!
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by lacasa: 1:56pm On May 15, 2012
if this is †ЂΞ case come 2015 then nobody shld compplain abt their poverty, suffering, corruption, lack O̶̷̩̥̊͡f hospitals, roads, decent livelihood again

Its either U̶̲̥̅̊ r a political thief or U̶̲̥̅̊ r a hungry victim

2015 is †ЂΞ last chance 4 us
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Johndoe100(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2012
At last some people have come out who see the truth. PDP is the only truly national party and the only party capable of wining at the center..
In their hearts the Yoruba understand that they can't win by themselves and are just trying to see if they can bully the rest of us to go alang with them.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by faithin9ja: 2:08pm On May 15, 2012
Standing5: If religion unites CPC and Tribal bond unites ACN and APGA, what Unites PDP?
(b)Corruption
(c)Oil Money
(d)All of the above

d. all of the above unites PDP, 95% of Nigerians want a piece of corruption, oil money and don't give a hoot about the masses, they don't even care about their employees (check even the way Madam deals with the housegirl)

to make matters worse; CPC, APGA, ACN in addition to their tribal and religion bigotry, also have problems a to c.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Beaf: 2:08pm On May 15, 2012
faithin9ja: As a matter of fact I go as far to say that PDP is the only non-tribalistic party in Nigeria. Why because all other parties are based on region, tribal and religious lines. We all talk about Buhari and Fashola, El-Rufai and Tinubu, etc yet PDP has perfected the art of using the average Nigerian greed and selfishness to create one big party for everybody.

Even Buhari cannot sway the core North to himself, because any right thinking Northern who wants to make sure he does not enter politics for nothing will join PDP,[b] see Ogboru in Delta State, he contested for governor with one party but supported GEJ and PDP for presidential elections - why because he wanted to be part of the winning party.[/b]Even the fuel subsidy, the beneficiaries cut across all ethnic groups.

Basically if you are a true Nigerian and you want to sort out yourself and family, don't waste your time, join PDP

Sadly for Delta state, Ogboru has lost twice, because he is not in PDP. It is the only party that is not affiliated with ethnicity, region or religion as the OP has noted (one or two items in that list have consistently nailed Ogboru).
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by PeterKbaba: 2:10pm On May 15, 2012
Standing5: If religion unites CPC and Tribal bond unites ACN and APGA, what Unites PDP?
(b)Corruption
(c)Oil Money
(d)All of the above

My brother, you are blessed. You know why, you have refused to remain blind.. It's the same PDP that will go behind, start tribal problems in the country , with the beleive that all Nigerians will see them as a non tribal party.... big lie, if you study the PDP, you will realize that all PDP in all the states are owned by top military retired leaders... forget about the governors... they will always do what they are told... Even if you want to do good, you have to be corrupt, in order to cover their past leaders corrupt trace... So you think PDP governors will allow any Court to justify any corruption, know that if 1 person falls, all others will fall too. Why do you think they can't stop the boko haram people. Every one in Africa knows that if the nigeria military are giving a sincere order, within 1 week, nothern nigeria will be swept clean.... but again, this can't happen, cause if you expose the sponsors of boko haran, you will expose some PDP members, which would lead to information of all the scam PDP as done... Chop I chop and clean mouth..

I'm telling you that if another party comes in.. we will all be suprised that thia people as made of 100 billion dollars from stollen funds... that is why they will do anything to remain president. I'm not talking about Jonathan, PDP is the problem.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by onyewec3: 2:28pm On May 15, 2012
I WILL CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR PDP till a viable presidential candidate that cut accross tribal ,ethnic and religious divides emerges....i think that is what gave GEJ an advantage in 2015 before buhari unleashes his boko haram brothers and kill innocent corp members. if buhari continues to contest,in will continue to vote PDP
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 2:43pm On May 15, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by DAY12(m): 2:45pm On May 15, 2012
PDP.....*run for ya life* shocked
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by abacus(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2012
Poser you only want to glorify JEGA's work. Because all I see is rigging upon rigging..
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 15, 2012

This is nothing but the Pure Truth and is painful to admit it but it remains the truth no matter how hard we try to ignore it.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by 1025: 3:00pm On May 15, 2012

@o.poster,
you are either mis-informed or uninformed. i so much hate pdp that i did not waste all that time in reading all you wrote.but i was lucky to see the two lines above. ppl go to pdp not to be elected but to be selected if you want to know how, visit the last gubernatorial election in Bayelsa which brought dickson to power. on the second line, pdp is not a winning party rather they are a rigging party.
if you have time, go and read about political parties starting from their definition. under normal circumstances, a political party is a group of individuals who come together with a common political agenda with the aim of winning and keeping it.
what is the political agenda of pdp under obasanjo, yar adua and now jonathan? if pdp is a political party, the above three men would not mean change in government because they have the same political agenda. unfortunately, we had obasanjo who ruled with dog in the name of efcc and a yar adua who came with the rule of law and we now have a boko haram infested fuel subsidy removal pdp. all these are pdp of different mind and one target - stealing.
if any nigerian believe in voting then that one can believe anything. what has pdp done as a party that will make nigerians vote for them? i am from imo state, our ex-gov (ohakim) nearly made it to the second tenure even in the presence of all his evil deeds so devil is not voting here as to vote in these ppl rather they use their machineries to manipulate themselves into power.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by gregg2: 3:01pm On May 15, 2012
@Poster
You are 100% correct.

PDP remains the only National Party in Nigeria today.
We may not be into politics but do not need a magician to tell us this.
ANPP at a time had national outlook but so sad how it reduced to a regional party.
CPC, APGA and ACN are mere ethnic champions and built around individuals.

The bitter truth is that PDP will keep ruling untill the next 50 years as one PDP
stalwart puts it unless the so called opposition takes practical steps to present
credible alternative - political parties devoid of ethnic and religious colouration.
Until then, the likes of ACN, APGA, CPC and ANPP may never take a shot at ASO Rock.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by faithin9ja: 3:06pm On May 15, 2012
1025:

@o.poster,
you are either mis-informed or uninformed. i so much hate pdp that i did not waste all that time in reading all you wrote.but i was lucky to see the two lines above. ppl go to pdp not to be elected but to be selected if you want to know how, visit the last gubernatorial election in Bayelsa which brought dickson to power. on the second line, pdp is not a winning party rather they are a rigging party.
if you have time, go and read about political parties starting from their definition. under normal circumstances, a political party is a group of individuals who come together with a common political agenda with the aim of winning and keeping it.
what is the political agenda of pdp under obasanjo, yar adua and now jonathan? if pdp is a political party, the above three men would not mean change in government because they have the same political agenda. unfortunately, we had obasanjo who ruled with dog in the name of efcc and a yar adua who came with the rule of law and we now have a boko haram infested fuel subsidy removal pdp. all these are pdp of different mind and one target - stealing.
if any nigerian believe in voting then that one can believe anything. what has pdp done as a party that will make nigerians vote for them? i am from imo state, our ex-gov (ohakim) nearly made it to the second tenure even in the presence of all his evil deeds so devil is not voting here as to vote in these ppl rather they use their machineries to manipulate themselves into power.

Mr man, take your time to read what I wrote before you answer. It's people like you that are the problem in Nigeria - you don't even know what the problem is.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by faithin9ja: 3:09pm On May 15, 2012
gregg2: @Poster
You are 100% correct.

PDP remains the only National Party in Nigeria today.
We may not be into politics but do not need a magician to tell us this.
ANPP at a time had national outlook but so sad how it reduced to a regional party.
CPC, APGA and ACN are mere ethnic champions and built around individuals.

The bitter truth is that PDP will keep ruling untill the next 50 years as one PDP
stalwart puts it unless the so called opposition takes practical steps to present
credible alternative - political parties devoid of ethnic and religious colouration.
Until then, the likes of ACN, APGA, CPC and ANPP may never take a shot at ASO Rock.

Until 80% of Nigerians understand the meaning of self reliance and productivity, PDP will continue to rule. All the people here condemning PDP will immediately buy PDP party form the day their friend or brother say 'come I have contacts in state house but you need party card.....'.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by gregg2: 3:10pm On May 15, 2012
abacus: Poser you only want to glorify JEGA's work. Because all I see is rigging upon rigging..

See, my bros, PDP does not need to rig to win expecially the presidency.
In most states, the only party the citizens know is the PDP. In many states,
there is no ACN nor CPC, nor APGA but you will find PDP in all the LGA's in the country.

We are only stating the obvious truth, not that we support the one party system Nigeria is practicing.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by otosa(m): 3:11pm On May 15, 2012
There is no chance 4 anybody 2 come & make any illicit campaign here. Election of year 2015 is going 2 b d trend of d Nigeria's future. Either another party 2 b in power or Nigeria shall breaks. Enough is enough for PDP.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by faithin9ja: 3:19pm On May 15, 2012
otosa: There is no chance 4 anybody 2 come & make any illicit campaign here. Election of year 2015 is going 2 b d trend of d Nigeria's future. Either another party 2 b in power or Nigeria shall breaks. Enough is enough for PDP.

who will you vote for in 2015? CPC in Port Harcourt? ACN in Maiduguri, APGA in Osogbo?
Country break up? for where? will you leave Lagos or Abuja to live in your village? I bet you have never spent one week in your village, where are you going?

My friend, when I offer you PDP party card and one juicy contract, you start singing praises of how Nigeria is the best country in the world
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by gregg2: 3:33pm On May 15, 2012
faithin9ja:

who will you vote for in 2015? CPC in Port Harcourt? ACN in Maiduguri, APGA in Osogbo?
Country break up? for where? will you leave Lagos or Abuja to live in your village? I bet you have never spent one week in your village, where are you going?

My friend, when I offer you PDP party card and one juicy contract, you start singing praises of how Nigeria is the best country in the world

He is a small boy. Let him be.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by edicolove: 3:36pm On May 15, 2012
Sadly, the @pp is right on point.

Look at Edo state for example. The moment Oshiomole took over, all the corrupt PDP stalwarts who have ripped the state under Lucky Igbinedion decamped to ACN. Even Lucky and his father are now in ACN as we speak. Just shows you why most Nigerians will continue to vote PDP. The issue is, everyone likes to join the winning party. PDP does not need to rig to win presidential election in Nigeria. I found it very funny last time when Buhari and CPC said the election was rigged and Buhari won. I wonder where he thought people would vote for him when they don't even know him. Most people shouting Buhari are in Lagos and Abuja. You think a northern Christian would vote for Buhari?

I do not want Nigeria to be a one party state because without viable opposition, the governors and presidency will become lax. But it saddens me that the so called opposition are as bad as the ruling party.
Re: PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria by Beaf: 3:40pm On May 15, 2012
otosa: There is no chance 4 anybody 2 come & make any illicit campaign here. Election of year 2015 is going 2 b d trend of d Nigeria's future. Either another party 2 b in power or Nigeria shall breaks. Enough is enough for PDP.

As usual, in 2015 the PDP primaries will be the real election. Its sad, but the other parties are mere mushroom organisations that are content to share allocations from Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas / Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? / Court Sacks Ebonyi PDP Caretaker Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.