Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,390 members, 7,950,828 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

The Lord is my Shepherd - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Lord is my Shepherd (3496 Views)

Obama The Gay Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Kaestro(m): 3:39am On Nov 24, 2007
Enough said.You laid it down explicitly.
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Crossroads(m): 9:43am On Nov 24, 2007
For thou art with me
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Zebedee(m): 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2007
Follow your heart, man
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by almondjoy(f): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2007
Very good!  If you think you are depressed now, wait till you hit MMA.  You have a clinical problem my dear and need to check yourself into the care of a "shrink".  It does not matter where you relocate to. Your problem will follow you wherever you go since it is a mental problem. Please deal with it before you turn into a "JIM IYKE" in Nigeria.

You have nothing to be depressed about and you are depressed? Most people abroad will give anything to have your opportunities and all you can thank God for is "depression".

Well, off to Nigeria I say and you will be less "spoiled" in your thinking.  Aje-cheese!

Please tell us the truth and let us know what is really bothering you.
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by handsome2(m): 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2007
almondjoy:

Very good!  If you think you are depressed now, wait till you hit MMA.  You have a clinical problem my dear and need to check yourself into the care of a "shrink".  It does not matter where you relocate to.  Your problem will follow you wherever you go since it is a mental problem.  Please deal with it before you turn into a "JIM IYKE" in Nigeria.

You have nothing to be depressed about and you are depressed? Most people abroad will give anything to have your opportunities and all you can thank God for is "depression".

Well, off to Nigeria I say and you will be less "spoiled" in your thinking.  Aje-cheese!

Please tell us the truth and let us know what is really bothering you.

Reading thru your posts - seems its gotten to your head that you live outside Nigeria and you write all sorts on nonsense against the country Nigeria - in fact the country needs more like you Almond whatever.

Poster - I also live in the UK, boy - I will advice you - if home is where your heart is - please follow it - there is nothing worthwhile here more than it is back home.
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by SweetT1: 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2007
@Crossroad

I feel your pain my brother, it's never easy being away from home. But, even the bible says that there is blessing in venturing outside one's home sometimes. I have heard a lot of discouraging things about the UK and i also know that an average British is a very narrow minded individual. You are the only one who knows what's best for you, i don't think life inside Canada or USA is as shallow as it is in the UK but with that being said a foreigner will always be foreigner to this Oyinbos. I have thought about it myself over and over again, but the condition back home in Nigeria needs caution. Even people back at home are complaining of one thing or the other, it's not like a good life is Nigeria is effortless. But if you feel like your happiness is back in Nigeria, go for it. My happiness is truely in Nigeria but it requires caution and proper timing. I have seen so many people, that came back home with money and started business and got good jobs only to run back overseas because of one problem or the other. But whatever decision you make i say goodluck and God Bless.
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by almondjoy(f): 12:21am On Nov 26, 2007
handsome_:

Reading through your posts - seems its gotten to your head that you live outside Nigeria and you write all sorts on nonsense against the country Nigeria - in fact the country needs more like you Almond whatever.

Poster - I also live in the UK, boy - I will advice you - if home is where your heart is - please follow it - there is nothing worthwhile here more than it is back home.

And why are you following me around?  Could you please post your rubbish like I do and mind your own bloody business?  Why are you in the UK?  Pack and go to Nigeria and live there if you are so patriotic. I will choose whereever I feel I want to go and you mind your own life!

Yeah!  If you call that a country! Talking like typical illiterate Nigerian.  Please don't comment on any of my posts.  I am frankly sick and tired of responding to you.

See someone advising another to leave--why don't you leave first and come back to Nairaland and tell us your "success" stories? kiss

Mr. Patriotic!

@Poster

If you love yourself--better stay put till you have made up your mind like Sweet T said with caution and deliberation.  This is not the time to make a decision that will further drive you over the edge since your mental health status remains fragile. Others are rushing out and you are trying to rush back.  The only place you might end up is Ojuelegba, Aro or Uselu in chains.  Take care of your mental health status before you leave--that's all.  You may not have completely "healed" from what ever is traumatizing you. Depression is not something to fool around with.
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Pain(m): 2:28am On Nov 26, 2007
I See The BlackWidow Is Here Again. I Advice You Dont Start A War You Cant Finish. Because I Need Lab Rats Like You. You Cannot Bound Peoples Dreams to the 3rd Dimension Like Yours Has Already. Maybe You Need A Demotion to The Plane of the 2nd.

You Can Try This Battle and See How Far 2008 Takes You. I Eagerly Await Some Mind Games. I'm On Vacation Now. How Bout This: Maybe I Send You A Mind Virus? ( I see her doubting this)I Have Prototypes to Test. Mean B*tch!

And Hey Your Soul IP Address Is As Bare As A Kids Ass. Find A Priest! U Need Cover! Small F@@L!
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by ringo: 2:45am On Nov 26, 2007
hey crossroad what wuz really the reasons you went overseas wuz it because you wanted a education or you followed someone there and did not get to see her/him please finish your education or job well done make sure get along with friends do something useful and engage your self on stuffs it will be great trying to join an association and plan your schedule and in no time you will be singing and dancing and dont forget your creator he will be able to pave you the way good luck crossroads,
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by roflmao: 4:26am On Nov 26, 2007
Well Crossroads, Obalende and myself got somethings in common.

I've actually been in UK for 7 years now and I haven't being home in that time - mainly due to financial reasons. I had to sought ways to fund my education here so I had to sacrifice trips home as they'd only make life harder financially plus my Dad was completely opposed to it anyway. Unlike Crossroads I came here as a 16yr old, alone and I knew no one so I got the taste of the bitterness and harshness immediately in its fullness. I never liked it here and never will.

Anyway my situation didn't really allow me the luxury to think about it too much. I lived my life like a deployed soldier waiting for that day when the enemy would surrender. The only difference is that I knew when my enemy would surrender. That day I'd complete my university degree.

My struggle through the years felt so much like a burden on my shoulders. I got the break I so much needed this summer after my degree when I went to the US for 4months. Again I was there alone and knew no one but this time I wasn't 16yrs old and I was already so exposed to the Western culture. I was there for one reason only: to forget my problems and hassles in the UK and chill out like never before. And I did just that as best as I could. The weather was perfect, the people were livelier, and most importantly I had nothing on my mind. It was the best summer of my entire life.

The latter half of my time in the US which I spent as an Intern was even more captivating. I worked at an Institute I really liked, a project I was motivated to work on, and with fantastic people I am very happy to have known. To cap it all the Institute wanted me to come back and work for them on a permanent basis. I'd always dreamt of leaving UK for North America but I never thought I'd get the opportunity so soon. So I left the US for the UK at the end of summer excited about my "quick" return and final adios to 'mama charlie'. My decision wouldn't be so starightforward however.

On my return to the UK a friend of mine raised a compelling point: I have only 3yrs to stay here to get a permanent residence. Stay a year more and I'd be eligible for British Citizenship. Now by virtue of my UK degree I get a year pemit to work on the International Graduate Scheme meaning my permanent residency is only 2yrs away. To make matters worse my US work permit is going to take longer than I'd like. The bureaucratic formalities to go through is extensive and the longer I stay here the more compelling it is to go with the less favoured UK option. I don't want to stay here but it appears I'm going to have to. I'm naturally a realist and mostly go with my head as opposed to passionaty heart so I figured I put up with it 7yrs already anyway why not wait it out and finish the job? At least I'll solve the biggest problem that's been hindering my chances for so long and have comfort of a degree of certainty in my future.

I won't really say I'm confused about what to do. I'd like to go to Nigeria but I know that's a far-fetched dream for me. I can't fit in anymore. I've spent the defining years of my life here and sad as it is I'll feel comfortable here that I'd in Nigeria. Nigeria is not for you if you're not willing to be part of the pathetic political elites who have and, are still running that country to ruins. The grass does not seem green on that side to me. I don't believe it does to the 60% plus of the population living below the poverty line.
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Crossroads(m): 5:26am On Nov 27, 2007
thy Rod and thy staff
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Crossroads(m): 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2007
they comfort me
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by anusule(m): 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2007
NOW!!!!! let me take it from a spiritual angle,

You are where you are because God wants you to be there. Have you prayed over this issue? Many people are wanting to be in your shoes, me too, You have a good job here and its not easy for a proper african man to get a decent job in this UK, they wont allow,they will fraustrate you.
What if you leave and go to Nigeria and nothing good is waiting for you?
My guy, you have an opportunity here.
Gather experience, save your money, and wait to get your permanent residency status as this will make you free.

Cheers
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by cybersleek(m): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2007
Crossroads, ive been following ur jist for about a week or two now, and i must admit i feel you very deeply!, the Uk is an environment that takes no prisoners, and at the best of times is depressing enough, much less at the worst of times. I,ve been here for three years myself and everyday feels like i came yesterday and i guess it has to do with the value system that i have aquired over time before i came to the UK, admittedly, a lot of my friends would readily trade places with me, but there are somethings in the UK that go beyond the good life that a lot of people back home assume it to be. Personally, if i had a choice, i would choose to live in Nigeria without thinking twice! but i guess we are all here for a purpose and it is left for us to find that purpose. Again, im sure no right thinking immigrant would sleep in the UK with both eyes closed with the way things are going this days, and all the immigrant bashing in the media. My advice to you is this, get your permanent residence status, save some money that would enable you hold your own financially for about a year in Nigeria without let or hindrance, and take a long holiday in Naija, if it works out fine, if it doesnt, you find your way out again! life is not about absolutes, so when there is a way, there is a will,

Dont forget that despite all the riches and splendour of Egypt and Babylon respectively, the Israelites still missed their homeland, no matter how bad Nigeria is , it is still our homeland and we haven't got another. If we all refuse to return, then what hope is there for the country? I'm happy that those of us here are getting exposed and can see the difference between good governance and bad! and for all those who have written Nigeria off, we all have a choice to make, and every man has a right to decide his own destiny.

Finally, eschewing all sentiments, do what seems the most logical to you, make friends with other reasonable Nigerians here in the UK and you will find out that just having people to talk to, and encourage you in this environment is worth more than you can imagine, and above all i wish you all the best. Cheers!
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Crossroads(m): 7:58am On Dec 02, 2007
you prepare a table before me, in the presence of my enemies
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by olofinjeje: 9:57am On Dec 02, 2007
My two pennies worth of advise-Before Before( long, long ago)I went to school in the UK when I was 10 years old ,returned to Nigeria at 21 years old and back again to the UK for further studies and to settle. The truth is that there really is no place like home. I got a go job in the UK I even integrated as all my childhood friends were in the UK ,but you can never dismiss the lack of belonging as well as the glass ceiling of prospects due to colour,nationality etc.

Today I am happy with my choices-I managed my exit from the UK,gave up the "benefit" of obtaining British citizenship (no regrets) I can travel to the UK at will.Yes there is the visa hassle but that is a minor irritant,

Job prospect wise-if you excel ,irrespective of where you reside,are born or work,you will definitely shine.I believe that you should manage your exittry and get at least a years experience.Take from the job and the environment the knowledge that will give you the edge and advantage if you are vying for a position and you are shortlisted-what is referred to as "world experience"gives you the upper hand any day.

Yes Nigeria is stressful but that is really what we enjoy about it-the sense of belonging-the sense of camaraderie(as exhibited by all the comments in this link) and the real fact that the sky really is the limit not some formulated racially discriminatory ceiling.

Good luck
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Tats(m): 12:38am On Dec 03, 2007
@Crossroads,

I spoke to M*** and mentioned you to him, as he is in town. He promised to check for you when he pops in to the office this week. He should be able to discuss your concerns with you and offer any professional or personal advice, especially since you work in same Dept and live close to each other. Enjoy your week and no more culture shock! Sorry, I have been really busy with work and so have not been able to maintain contact.
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Crossroads(m): 6:56am On Dec 03, 2007
You anoint my head with oil
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Lady2(f): 11:20pm On Dec 03, 2007
Crossroads

Thanks for this thread. I currently reside in the U.S. and I've been here for a while now. I've always felt empty here and missed home so much. I already know that this is not where I need to be. I'll be done with my undergraduate degree in 5 months. I plan on coming home to start laying the founation for my life as soon as I graduate. Then I'll return to the states to finish my master's before fully returning home.

I feel the same way as u and want to thank u for this thread.

Does anyone have any advice for me? As far as moving home and starting a career and everything that falls under that umbrella?
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Crossroads(m): 7:08am On Dec 04, 2007
My cup overflows
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by btayo1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Crossroads, I think you problem is more of loneliness; as you never felt this way about residing in the Uk when you had your friends and colleagues from nigeria around. Do you have a Partner; I think you need one excerpt you have one in nigeria then i can see the additional reason behind your wanting to go to back to nigeria. If you dont have; try going out in london e.g clubs, parties, churches, mosques etc and when you a meet a nice nigerian girl to keep you busy and make friends with others you will feel partly if not largely at home.
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by Crossroads(m): 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2008
Surely Goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the lord,
For ever and ever, Amen!!
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by ufobabe(f): 11:55am On Jan 19, 2008
ME TOO OHH.

GOODNESS AND MERCY ARE FOLLOWING ME 4 THE REST OF MY LIFE, DWELLING DAILY IN

GOD'S HOUSE 4EVER AND MORE.AMEN
Re: The Lord is my Shepherd by DisGuy: 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2011
Damn

where rof-lmao shocked shocked

How did it go/ How's it going @ crossroads and others?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Banks Has A Principal Manager Grade? / Accountancy Or Economics / CISA/CISM September Exam - Need Help And Materials?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.