Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,811 members, 7,872,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead (5219 Views)

We Never Supported Saraki's Emergence As Senate President:pdp Senators / We’ll Allow APC Elect Senate President – PDP / Patience Jonathan Fuelled My Conflict With President, PDP – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by Nobody: 9:25am On May 16, 2012
Former NLC President, Pascal Bafyau Is Dead

The former President of the Nigeria Labour Congress and chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Comrade Pascal Bafyau, is dead.

Bafyau, reportedly suffered a heart attack in his Abuja residence, at about 10:30pm on Tuesday and passed away on the way to a hospital, a few hours later.

He was rushed to Silver Spring Hospital, but did not make it to the hospital before he gave up.

Doctors at the hospital however tried to jump start his heart but failed to revive him.

Bafyau, who was the leader of the labour group from 1988 to 1994, made a foray into politics on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP).

He was on the verge of emerging as the running mate to late Chief MKO Abiola for 1993 presidential elections, but he was beaten to the contest by Babagana Kingibe, who was chosen by the party.

Bafyau joined the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) at its inception in 1998 and made an unsuccessful bid for senatorial and gubernatorial contests in Adamawa state.

In 1989, Pascal Bafyau, led the NLC to form the Nigerian Labour Party.

He survived by his wife and three daughters.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/05/16/former-nlc-president-pascal-bafyau-is-dead/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by don33310(m): 9:44am On May 16, 2012
Isn't it the man that supported IBB during the june 12 crisis and refuse to call for strike
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by Jeel: 11:45am On May 16, 2012
They have started going,the next one will be announce soon
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by ifedun2: 3:13pm On May 16, 2012
Whether one is gud or bad,death is inevitable.Adieu comrade.
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by atasteve: 3:15pm On May 16, 2012
It's not Godly to wish others dead.

RIP
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by imparable7(m): 3:38pm On May 16, 2012
let them die fast

1 Like

Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by sylve11: 4:02pm On May 16, 2012
sad sad sad tongue tongue cool
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 16, 2012
I DONT KNOW IF TO SAY R.I.P TO POLITICIANS OR NOT
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by juman(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2012
Hmmm, the man is dead.
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by BabaEleko(m): 5:36pm On May 16, 2012
One less headache for Nigerians to worry about. More shall follow insha Allah.
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by Jarus(m): 7:04pm On May 16, 2012
One of the most prominent and common names I came across on daily basis in my early years of reading newspapers.
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by amosy007: 7:24pm On May 16, 2012
imparable7: let them die fast
Amen cheesy :8
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by JBL316: 8:53pm On May 16, 2012
where iz this guy that usually laugh in swahili?
I beg show your skill for this mata.
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by sanusimuslim: 9:41pm On May 16, 2012
Well death is inevitable but we still need of them to be as the same as bafyau because they are the one that led nigeria into all this boundage. He should not RIP as far as Nigeria is not rest in peace because every time innocent people are killing like fouls
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by stagger: 1:01am On May 17, 2012
Labour was at its weakest during his time, as he sold the movement out to further his own ambitions. A military apologist. Can those who were behind IBB's reign of terror rest in peace?
Re: Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead by don33310(m): 11:02am On May 17, 2012
stagger: Labour was at its weakest during his time, as he sold the movement out to further his own ambitions. A military apologist. Can those who were behind IBB's reign of terror rest in peace?
Certainly NOT.

(1) (Reply)

Sambo Did It Before Buhari(PIX) / Biafra;i Don’t Want Another Country, A Beautiful Piece On Biafra- Vanguard / Chief Of Defence Staff Confirms Nigerian Soldiers Went Missing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.