Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? (1790 Views)

VIO Vs FRSC (fake Drivers License) / "new Plate Number And Drivers Lincense Unveiled"- But Too Costly / Women Are The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by senator100(m): 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2006
A research was conducted on the above subject. Several drivers were listed including danfo drivers, molue drivers, bullion drivers, okada riders, female drivers.

Guess who topped the list? Female drivers! They are the most dangerous drivers in nigeria today.

I subscribe to it, but what do you think?
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by IAH(f): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2006
I disagree!!! It has to be, must be, shall be, will forever be okada riders. Damn! angry
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2006
Of course, Okada riders must be the most dangerous. I agree with IAH. I will also like to know why "male drivers" are not in that list. Also, what about age demographics? I am sure teenage drivers are very dangerous too.

He needs to supply the source, or else we'll have to conclude that the "study" is bogus.
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by Zahymaka(m): 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2006
I have to agree that female drivers are very dangerous. You see girls who aren't much over 16 but have had cars bought for them by their rich boyfriends and sugar-daddys.

They don't even bother to take good driving lessons -- I've had some very bad experiences with them. Anyway, okada riders are supposed to top the lists. You see them weaving in and out of traffic -- especially trailer-studded traffic -- and everyda many of them die. Pathetic.
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by senator100(m): 9:33pm On Apr 04, 2006
i aint no chauvinist but i nearly got hit by a girl today .Jees dont they look who is in front
girlssssssssssssssss
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by senator100(m): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2006
sorry i forgot to add tanker drivers to my list ,especially those plying lagos ibadan road they are dangerrrrrrrrrrrous .pray u are behind them and if u are in front let them go 10km before u , if possible let there be a line of 3 cars inbetween (before urs)
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by SIBLI06(m): 11:15am On Apr 07, 2006
I think a high percentage (70% ish) of drivers on the roads in Nigeria are bad drivers. It makes no difference of age / sex/ job etc. Does anybody use the 2 second rule? (While driving allow 2 seconds distance between your car and the vehicle in front). I'm sure that comment will cause a uproar but it's only my opinion!!! How many people do you know that actually had driving lessons by a professional instructor? Have you seen some of the instructors driving!!

I would love to see all drivers being made to take a driving test and the police charging people for drink driving. IT WILL HAPPEN SOON, MARK MY WORDS. stay safe while driving, use the 2 second rule!!!!!
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by LoverBwoy(m): 7:52pm On May 08, 2006
2 second rule in nigeria?

see if you have littile space between your car and the car in front of u , some drivers will try to get in even (bully) if theres not even enough space till u just allow them pass angry
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by Oracle(m): 3:00am On Aug 22, 2006
Seun:

Of course, Okada riders must be the most dangerous. I agree with IAH. I will also like to know why "male drivers" are not in that list. Also, what about age demographics? I am sure teenage drivers are very dangerous too.

He needs to supply the source, or else we'll have to conclude that the "study" is bogus.

Seun. the problem is that you speak too much english. It is very much Obvious that women are the worst drivers.
those people can send you to hell when you're not ready.
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by robby1(m): 8:09am On Sep 27, 2006
okada riders are sure thye worst. they made ma old momma learn how to curse cry
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by vanariso(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2006
U guys are obviously forgetting DANFO DRIVERS!!!!! angry
Especially those around mushin oloosha ,pako eleja ,babalola itire area.These guys hardly apply brakes.I used to wonder if their vehicles are models without brakes. shocked

All the private cars in this area are dented and mostly wearing their 3th,4th spray.
lipsrsealed
If u ve been driving ur car without dents then try them for 1hr and I promise A yellow mark .Thats right,an intro/welcome into the district. cheesy grin

And note u, cant excape visiting ur panel-beater in one month. grin grin
As for lost lifes and Gbobi patients, Ah , alot, ko se e ka. undecided sad

Danfo drivers are the worst jo! Awon omo kowo pe ,ke mi jabo , jabo danu!!! embarassed
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by Stealthy(m): 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2006
90% (or more) of Nigerian drivers dont even know driving rules. In fact, how many Nairaland members obey the highway code (if u know what that is)? Be honest o!

But the worst are Okada riders & danfo drivers. Without them, traffic in a place like Lagos will be very much reduced!

As for the ladies, well they're always on the extremes: Vey slow or very fast, too cautious or too aggressive,
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by goldieloc(m): 11:16am On Jun 03, 2007
no one can be as dangerous as the okada riders, dey die like chickens everyday and they are the same everywhere in the country.
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by 1forall: 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2007
Thanks stealthy, I think the worst drivers are EVERYONE! Come on we all do it - as proper as we attempt to drive most of the time, there are those frustrating situations when common sense requires to be em . . em . . proactive wink with your driving esp if you drive these lagos roads! angry  

We're {nearly} ALL guilty!
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by doncartel: 7:46pm On Jun 04, 2007
The worst drivers in nigeria are the luxury bus drivers.I know they trying to meet a time target but cant they be more careful?Overtaking sports cars at narrow bends while carrying so many lives and later people will say witches caused the accident.Those guys are mass killers.Such bad driving is more responsible for accidents than the bad roads
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by mrofficial(m): 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2007
@poster, you wrote drivers
so why including okada?
female drivers are the worst.
Seun--> "Teen"
Can you challenge me? lol.
Re: The Worst Drivers In Nigeria? by Oracle(m): 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2007
Thanx Official,
at least somebody in the house understands

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Used Honda Accord 2000 - Babyboy / Nissan Maxima 2007 For Sale / 2009 Toyota Raf4 For Sale Call For Price:tel:017657480.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.