Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

Important - How Not To Run A Business!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Important - How Not To Run A Business!!! (669 Views)

Circuit Atlantic/ Shippy Me/ Zaposta - How NOT To Run A Company / How To Open And Run A School Successfully / I Need Ideas On How To Run A Poultry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Important - How Not To Run A Business!!! by Fati99: 5:52pm On May 18, 2012
Hello everyone, this is my first time on Nairaland, I would have loved to write about something else but right now I am so pissed off, I need to get this off my chest before I explode.

I just got off the phone with the most annoying and disrespectful Nigerian business owner I have ever had the misfortune to ever ever come across. Let me tell you guys the story from the beginning.

On the 14th of this month (Monday), I registered for a domain name from this company called Taprap Nigeria, immediately after registering I went straight to the bank to pay because I needed it urgently. On getting back from the bank, I tried their number to inform them, it kept ringing, nobody picked up. Then I decided to send them a message via my email. In the email, i told the name of the domain and also told of them of the urgency of this domain to me.

Day 2, I kept checking my email to see whether they would send a mail confirming that my domain name is ready for use. Nothing! not ever a word from them besides the first automated mail from their site that they saw my order. Day 3, same thing, I now called their number around 8 am, the owner picked it, I told him my problem, he asked me to send my details: Name of Depositor, Bank, Invoice no, Domain name. I sent it between 9-10am that same day.

I began to check my mail again for any news from them, again nothing only for me to call them a few minutes ago and have the idiot of a business owner tell me that they didn't see my money, can you imagine? what were doing since all these days, five working days and they couldn't send me a mail or even a =N=5 sms (we both use MTN). Today is Friday, I've to wait until Monday to go and complain at GTB (I don't even know how I am supposed to do that).

This is not the first time these buffoons are messing up with me, this is the third time, i am engaging them. The first time went well, I didn't really have any problem. The second was hell. I paid them and for a whole week, i kept chasing them with calls and two SMS before I could get them to do anything tangible even after they acknowledged receiving my money. They sent me a mail with my account details and a temporary IP address for the site so I could upload etc. For one good week, they refused to propagate the domain, so anyone could not access the site using my domain name, i could only access the control panel using the Ip address, something that should ordinarily not take more than 24-48 hours! I was so pissed off that I called the guy, gave him my piece of mind and then he told they were having technical issues! can you imagine, technical issues and you didn't think it was polite for you to call or send me a message?

The only reason I used them again was because the plan i paid for allowed me to use 7 domains with the already existing webspace. Since it was the same space, why not buy a domain name from them and transfer to the same space without hassles. One thing is for sure, after my one year expires, they are never getting my business and that of my clients again!

The funny thing is that when people like these have no customers, they will be saying all sort of things yet they are the ones messing themselves up. This is the reason why some businesses do well than others. Take a look at DHL, when people hear their name, people automatically associate them with quality and it is not a mistake. When i was starting my importing biz, I sent them an enquiry via their site. It was their marketing and sales manager, Mr. Puneet Arora that sent me a message that same day (within 4 hours) asking for my contacts because he felt it would be necessary to see me and discuss face to face based on the scale of importing, i wanted to start from. Can you imagine?

I sent him the details, an auto reply email was sent to me that he was out of office but I could reach two other people (name and email address oh) if my case was urgent. The next day i got a call from their Business development manager SME, one Mr. Yakubu informing me that they would pay me a visit the next day as there were on their way to see another client. I was surprised, it was unbelievable but true to their words, they were at my office the next morning, both of them. can you see the difference in how these two businesses are being run.

Later on, when their company folds up, they will blame everybody but their lazy, lackadaisical and complacent selves. What evil can PHCN, the Nigerian factor, etc. and their 'enemies from village' combined do them more than the one that they are doing themselves now? Foolish people, Foolish company!!!

The success of any and every company is very much dependent on the relationship you build with your consumers!
Re: Important - How Not To Run A Business!!! by Fati99: 5:54pm On May 18, 2012
Fati99: Hello everyone, this is my first time on Nairaland, I would have loved to write about something else but right now I am so pissed off, I need to get this off my chest before I explode.

I just got off the phone with the most annoying and disrespectful Nigerian business owner I have ever had the misfortune to ever ever come across. Let me tell you guys the story from the beginning.

On the 14th of this month (Monday), I registered for a domain name from this company called Taprap Nigeria, immediately after registering I went straight to the bank to pay because I needed it urgently. On getting back from the bank, I tried their number to inform them, it kept ringing, nobody picked up. Then I decided to send them a message via my email. In the email, i told the name of the domain and also told of them of the urgency of this domain to me.

Day 2, I kept checking my email to see whether they would send a mail confirming that my domain name is ready for use. Nothing! not ever a word from them besides the first automated mail from their site that they saw my order. Day 3, same thing, I now called their number around 8 am, the owner picked it, I told him my problem, he asked me to send my details: Name of Depositor, Bank, Invoice no, Domain name. I sent it between 9-10am that same day.

I began to check my mail again for any news from them, again nothing only for me to call them a few minutes ago and have the idiot of a business owner tell me that they didn't see my money, can you imagine? what were doing since all these days, five working days and they couldn't send me a mail or even a =N=5 sms (we both use MTN). Today is Friday, I've to wait until Monday to go and complain at GTB (I don't even know how I am supposed to do that).

This is not the first time these buffoons are messing up with me, this is the third time, i am engaging them. The first time went well, I didn't really have any problem. The second was hell. I paid them and for a whole week, i kept chasing them with calls and two SMS before I could get them to do anything tangible even after they acknowledged receiving my money. They sent me a mail with my account details and a temporary IP address for the site so I could upload etc. For one good week, they refused to propagate the domain, so anyone could not access the site using my domain name, i could only access the control panel using the Ip address, something that should ordinarily not take more than 24-48 hours! I was so pissed off that I called the guy, gave him my piece of mind and then he told they were having technical issues! can you imagine, technical issues and you didn't think it was polite for you to call or send me a message?

The only reason I used them again was because the plan i paid for allowed me to use 7 domains with the already existing webspace. Since it was the same space, why not buy a domain name from them and transfer to the same space without hassles. One thing is for sure, after my one year expires, they are never getting my business and that of my clients again!

The funny thing is that when people like these have no customers, they will be saying all sort of things yet they are the ones messing themselves up. This is the reason why some businesses do well than others. Take a look at DHL, when people hear their name, people automatically associate them with quality and it is not a mistake. When i was starting my importing biz, I sent them an enquiry via their site. It was their marketing and sales manager, Mr. Puneet Arora that sent me a message that same day (within 4 hours) asking for my contacts because he felt it would be necessary to see me and discuss face to face based on the scale of importing, i wanted to start from. Can you imagine?

I sent him the details, an auto reply email was sent to me that he was out of office but I could reach two other people (name and email address oh) if my case was urgent. The next day i got a call from their Business development manager SME, one Mr. Yakubu informing me that they would pay me a visit the next day as there were on their way to see another client. I was surprised, it was unbelievable but true to their words, they were at my office the next morning, both of them. can you see the difference in how these two businesses are being run.

Later on, when their company folds up, they will blame everybody but their lazy, lackadaisical and complacent selves. What evil can PHCN, the Nigerian factor, etc. and their 'enemies from village' combined do them more than the one that they are doing themselves now? Foolish people, Foolish company!!!

The success of any and every company is very much dependent on the relationship you build with your consumers!

(1) (Reply)

Anti-virus Money Is Good Business / Chauffeur Service / Cheap Sms Service Needed Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.