Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,904 members, 7,973,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 08:15 AM

What Do You Think About This? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Do You Think About This? (976 Views)

What Do You Think About This Bubble Sort Method, Is It Efficient? / What Do You Think About Learning Perl / Even The Best Falter, Think About This When Your Application Isn't Going So Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About This? by mat6plus: 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2007
Hi guys i will love to ask, do you think braindumps is the best or you really knowing what's happening? I met guys who are certified ( DBA OCA and OCP) but has not much to prove when it comes to queries and all of that, what do you think should be done? is it all about reading for the exam or what?
Re: What Do You Think About This? by my2cents(m): 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2007
Therein lies the uselessness of certifications. If you know how to cram, you will pass. Does this mean you know what you crammed for like the back of your hand? Most likely not.

If I were an employer, the mere mention of a certification would make me administer an on-the-spot exam to verify how much you know.

Am I saying certification is bad? Nope. I have a few myself (by the way, I only have them because my employer at the time required/paid for it tongue). What I am saying though is, just like it says (paraphrasing) in the Bible, all works (insert, "certifications" here) without faith (insert, "experience", here) is nothing.

If the environment you find yourself in requires a certification in order to make you stand out amongst your peers, go for it. Otherwise, save your time/money, read books and apply what you have read to solving real-world examples. Eventually, you will be like old wine - you'll "taste" better with time.

As always, my 2 cents.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Future Of Software? / Warning To All Programmers ! / Social Im Sites That Can Connect You To Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.