Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,427 members, 7,944,124 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:42 AM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38838 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 5:24pm On May 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

I agree, the Igbo man is a very greedy man. undecided

But I cant live in a place
where Igbo man no dey o!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by SamIkenna: 5:25pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

Jason is just bitter that I exposed him as a fake, pretending to come from Delta state to cause ethnic dissent.
When challenged to name his village, he actually mentioned an Ijaw one! But is Itsekiri? grin
How is that possible? He doesn't even know the place he claims to come from. Why make the absolutely ridiculous claims to be an Itsekiri who comes from an Ijaw village (Guiness Book of Records!)?

Jason123 is alj harem. If you go through alj harem's posts here you will find the same constant rattling about "Beaf" like I'm sleeping with his wife or something. Its comedic anyway!

jason123:

No we don't share the same views. He is a bigot! He hates his fellow Deltans of Ilajes origins. He believes Itsekiris should pay homage to the Oporaza family. He hates Edos. What comes out of his mouth are MOSTLY lies and twisted words to keep his oga looking good.
You have seen me insult other leaders and never GEJ because I respect him not because he comes from my region. Beaf is not like that, he is bias!
GEJ IS A NIGERIAN LEADER and should be seen as such! Ethnic propagandist like Beaf and Dokubo are reducing his power base! I'm in the UK and when guys talk about politics, you can sense that he is seen as a Ijaw president (not even Niger deltan)

All these things makes us as opposites as DAY and NIGHT!

beaf, perhaps jason123 is not from Delta State, but I sure believe he's not alj harem. I've read a lot of posts from alj harem and jason123 to decode their signature - grammar-wise, rhetoric-wise, you name it.

beaf, I think jason123 is a nice guy who wouldn't like to have altercation with you but he's now doing it because you probably riled him. On the flip side, beaf is a very vocal guy, straight-shooter, funny, over the top, nationalist - he still believes in one Nigeria more than most of us, and lastly, mean-sprited. Beaf can return blows and say some mean stuff to people if he gets pushed and this kind of personna usually gets miscontrued as being pushy, clannish, and disrepectful, but is it really?

If at all both of you are from Delta, then you'll complement each other.

On a different note, Delta state is one heck of a state I wouldn't mind having a border with. They're fine people, educated, can be laid-back sometimes and before you say jack they're holding the steering - wonderful people.

Anyway, you guys need to quit this e-fight.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On May 20, 2012
ezer: I gez some people (alj harem, divideus...) do nt understand d meaning of SNC. @kobo, ur words are indiscernible...u know wat buhari statement caused last year, yet u prefer to tag GEJ's statement treason over Buhari's. @op and kobo, lemme put it this way; wat IF the british knew nigeria wud bcom a failed state, and they still went ahead wit their intentions cos of their selfish interest. Wud it be wrong for d president to identify the mistakes made by the british and proclaim it? Or shud we live on the mistakes because it was made by the british? Note the conj. If

Please let's try to use our heads here.

Buhari is just an ordinary Nigerian trying to make himself relevant, and maybe get elected. The current President is NOT YOUR ORDINARY NIGERIAN. He is an elected leader who swore an Oath to Uphold the Nigerian constitution and all it stands for, not for when you get it exactly the way @Ezer wants it in the future, but AS IT IS TODAY.

He had more than 97 years of information to work with, yet he went ahead with the decision to take the oath, and become President of Nigeria.
When you take an oath, in a marriage of any kind, what you are doing is accepting the party AS-IS, AS-WAS and AS-WILL-BE. I am certain you are old enough to know all this.

Stop coming up with the ridiculous and expecting it to make sense when it is built on the illogical. The only thing that really happened in 2014 was the joining of North and South to make one country Nigeria. The President did not campaign to be president only of south Or of South-South, but to be President of Nigeria(the amalgamated entity/the already marriage and over 97 years now entity).

P.S: I don't believe Jonathan Goodluck supports your call for SNC, so you are probably having the wrong dreams there.
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/%E2%80%98no-need-sovereign-national-conference%E2%80%99-%E2%80%93-jonathan
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Adagba1: 5:26pm On May 20, 2012
LeoMax: LETS BE FRANK, ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BE ONE COUNTRY WITH TERRORIST NORTH ?
And the militant south south?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by redsun(m): 5:26pm On May 20, 2012
There is nothing wrong about belonging to a tribe,but having a tribal mentality in the 21st century.Having a restricted bigoted mental judgement in the 21st century world,the space age,is utterlly dangerous.

Nothing can work when a people's concepts are dangerously limited.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:27pm On May 20, 2012
ayobase:

But I cant live in a place
where Igbo man no dey o!
same here grin grin grin lovely people
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

You don't want to talk, because you are scared stiff. I understand.
But it won't be for you to decide when the time comes, cos 99.99% of the country wants to talk and forge a structured way forward.

actually 99.99% of the country wants your oga to wake up!! and about 100% dont want to be in nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
what logic, i am soooooo scared that i think SNC (talk) is wasting time?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 5:29pm On May 20, 2012
ezer: I gez some people (alj harem, divideus...) do nt understand d meaning of SNC. @kobo, ur words are indiscernible...u know wat buhari statement caused last year, yet u prefer to tag GEJ's statement treason over Buhari's. @op and kobo, lemme put it this way; wat IF the british knew nigeria wud bcom a failed state, and they still went ahead wit their intentions cos of their selfish interest. Wud it be wrong for d president to identify the mistakes made by the british and proclaim it? Or shud we live on the mistakes because it was made by the british? Note the conj. If

The unfortunate truth is that 90% of our politicians are only too happy to use the tools the British left behind to enslave the people and suck them to death for their selfish benefit.

It is fear of the loss of their tools of oppression that is causing many here to raise their voices, twist words and even lie.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:30pm On May 20, 2012
^^^^^^^

duuuuuddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee split the country already rather than crying foul
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 5:30pm On May 20, 2012
alj harem:

It is unfortunate that you do not understand my position.

Yes sir I know what SNC means, I am not against SNC or GEJ infact my position here is clear. Why is Beaf still insult abokis when they support SNC as well

Haha I laugh! Does Jona truly want an SNC? Is he ready to relinquish the powers at the center? If he does would he still be able to "throw stone" at Sylva? The noise they make is just diversionary, it is a smokescreen. Act like they are acting in the interest of the Niger Delta and take that opportunity to loot. We know this strategy, it is similar to the one used by those who sold Ken Saro Wiwa to Abacha and so we are not deceived. Like I said before when the time comes, we would separate the "monkeys from the baboons".
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 20, 2012
alj harem:

My brother, you have said it all but but but !!! We need SNC fast so each region can bring our their potential.

If we do not get this SNC likes of Beaf would keep insulting us. Fact

pay no mind to beaf and his likes he is paid to do this, just be here for the entertainment grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jason123: 5:34pm On May 20, 2012

Sam_Ikenna
, only my parents are from Delta state. I'm from the UK (London to be precise). The only time I stepped foot in Nigeria was to do my secondary school(6 yrs) and that was in Lagos!!! I can NEVER complement liesBEAF, NEVER! I reject it!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 5:34pm On May 20, 2012
DivideUs:

actually 99.99% of the country wants your oga to wake up!! and about 100% dont want to be in nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
what logic, i am soooooo scared that i think SNC (talk) is wasting time?

No, you are scared and think you can hide it under sophistry.
If 100% of the people didn't want to belong to Nigeria, there would be no country, there would be no people wishing the Green Eagles and Falcons well, nobody passionately watching our efforts in the Olympics.

Yes, you are scared of the people and an SNC. Be real about it, the people want a nation they can belong to, not a piece of land that is exploited by a few. Talking is the only structured path forward, even if we are to split.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by member479760: 5:34pm On May 20, 2012
Just ask yourself, is there any black country on this earth that is develop? then amalgamation is not the issue here but primitive way of thinking.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 5:34pm On May 20, 2012
A statement like adversely affect a diplomatic relationship between nations if it was made by another president. Let alone a sitting President. Was it not the same Jonathan, PDP, Beaf and crew that trashed Ghaddafi of Libya when he said Nigeria should split into two?

Now because its Jonathan that vomited such treason, Beaf wants to insult us into accepting its harmless.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

Haha I laugh! Does Jona truly want an SNC? Is he ready to relinquish the powers at the center? If he does would he still be able to "throw stone" at Sylva? The noise they make is just diversionary, it is a smokescreen. Act like they are acting in the interest of the Niger Delta and take that opportunity to loot. We know this strategy, it is similar to the one used by those who sold Ken Saro Wiwa to Abacha and so we are not deceived. Like I said before when the time comes, we would separate the "monkeys from the baboons".

careful o, soon your words will mean something different in nigerian politics grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 5:36pm On May 20, 2012
jason123:
Sam_Ikenna
, only my parents are from Delta state. I'm from the UK (London to be precise). The only time I stepped foot in Nigeria was to do my secondary school(6 yrs) and that was in Lagos!!! I can NEVER complement liesBEAF, NEVER! I reject it!

Lol! Is that why you claim to be Itsekiri from an Ijaw village? Please explain!

Comedy!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jason123: 5:36pm On May 20, 2012
^^^

Shut up! Ignorant ajebutter!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:38pm On May 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

Ballabriggs, truth be told that is GEJ's problem. The fact now is that as things stand some people in the Niger-delta are whipping up sentiments among the people for example Beaf.

It take a discerning mind like Sweetlemon and the other poster on this thread to see all his tricks
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by SamIkenna: 5:38pm On May 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

I agree, the Igbo man is a very greedy man. undecided

Reagan said greed is good. Mind you greed is what drives capitalism, greed is why Europe colonized Africa - I bet you're living in UK or America. Do like like Boeing, Airbus - you fly in them? Greed of their leaders pushed their nations to explore and conquer lands, seas, and space which, by implication, gave you that technology. Give me Igbo greed any day - it drives the economy.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:
If you live in a tiny World, why try to include those who can see beyond the walls?

What are you on about??

A wise man once said: "pick the stones in your eyes, before trying to help the next man." I'm vast in everything - but I'd rather focus on Nigeria, rather than trying to teach a next man on how to lead his life...

Nigeria is home to me, and that's the only country I care about on this planet. grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 5:38pm On May 20, 2012
nakedall: Just ask yourself, is there any black country on this earth that is develop? then amalgamation is not the issue here but primitive way of thinking.

There are several black developed countries in the Caribbean. Countries that are of African origin and led by black people.
Come with another trick, bro.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:39pm On May 20, 2012
DivideUs:

pay no mind to beaf and his likes he is paid to do this, just be here for the entertainment grin grin grin grin grin grin

LOL grin grin grin grin Omo I fear at times embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 5:39pm On May 20, 2012
jason123: ^^^

Shut up! Ignorant ajebutter!

Bitterness! grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:
Bitterness! grin

[size=14pt]You haven't answered my question... grin

Was Southern Cameroon part of Nigeria in 1914 - YES or NO??

Please, tell me how they avoided the cesspit called Nigeria in 1960.. grin[/size]
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 5:42pm On May 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

Jonathan understands the issue of SNC. But most of his sycophants here do not. Because once the conference is Sovereign, even Jonathan will not have the power to change any agreement reached. Jonathan have said he can only agree to a National Conference. Which is nothing but a glorified committee.

And if Jonathan's is working and stop his divisive tactics, Nigerians will be more united and nobody will be talking about conferences.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Bestlyf: 5:42pm On May 20, 2012
It takes discovering what the problem is in order to proffer solution. If the problem, by the discovery of the president began from 1914, then it is a sensitive issue that shouldn't have been brought up in a funeral. Now that he thinks he knows the problem, what he should do is divice a working strategy to deliver nigeria from the mess it is in,, not to make statements that connote that he didn't create the problem of nigeria therefore much should not be expected from him.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

No, you are scared and think you can hide it under sophistry.
If 100% of the people didn't want to belong to Nigeria, there would be no country, there would be no people wishing the Green Eagles and Falcons well, nobody passionately watching our efforts in the Olympics.

Yes, you are scared of the people and an SNC. Be real about it, the people want a nation they can belong to, not a piece of land that is exploited by a few. Talking is the only structured path forward, even if we are to split.

i am starting to think you are not honest about the split, but hey i actually remember you writing "I've been all over the north and love it" so for the pursuit of division i think we are on our own. SNC dis SNC dat, STORY!!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On May 20, 2012
nakedall: Just ask yourself, is there any black country on this earth that is develop? then amalgamation is not the issue here but primitive way of thinking.

I also believe that to be the case.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by manny4life(m): 5:43pm On May 20, 2012
I am so loving the argument here grin grin grin

@Jason, though you're from UK, you're still Nigerian by naturalization through your parents unless you don't want to go back home to your roots.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 5:43pm On May 20, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Reagan said greed is good. Mind you greed is what drives capitalism, greed is why Europe colonized Africa - I bet you're living in UK or America. Do like like Boeing, Airbus - you fly in them? Greed of their leaders pushed their nations to explore and conquer lands, seas, and space which, by implication, gave you that technology. Give me Igbo greed any day - it drives the economy.

Bia Nwokem, is it the same greed that makes Isupenko sell fake Guiness in Aba? Warn yourself O.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:44pm On May 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

Bia Nwokem, is it the same greed that makes Isupenko sell fake Guiness in Aba? Warn yourself O.

don't go down that tribal route, whether igbo yoruba niger-delta ijaw hausa fulani etc we are all one people

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Garba Kirki Jega Is Dead And Buried (Photos) / House Of Reps Member In Ekiti Defects To Apc,sends Letter To Gbajabiamila(photo) / What Nigerians Should Expect From Buhari’s Second Term

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.