Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,659 members, 7,941,546 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:03 AM

Bankers' Forum - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers' Forum (91281 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankers' Forum by eleweobi1: 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2010
what kind of stress can be compared to road work without any coolant? u are paid for doing ur work.i am an ATM engineer nd visit bas often.most of d bakers do d normal ting u ? i can do.they hate standing up from their seat s alwys a probem o them.they dont have time yet they chat and send posts.some have lot of wok but all of them as they claim and not always.it is obtainable in other profession.ok? so stop shouting
Re: Bankers' Forum by rbn: 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2010
Hello bankers, my name is Dupe and i work with an IT firm that runs an online auction website know as wazaba.com

Its unfortunate that the task as a banker does not give you the time to relax and enjoy the money you worked for but at
the moment we can only pray that things get better or should we begin a revolution Here , lol

Well, wazaba is here to help solve part of the difficulty you might be experiencing getting good stuff for your domestic, occasion or office use.

At wazaba.com people buy and sell different items online using a buy now or auction system and have it delivered at their doorstep. So you don't
have to worry any more about taking time off to shop. Simply log on to wazaba.com and order your needs and who say BANKERS can't sell too.
You can earn extra cash as a banker selling on wazaba.

email info@wazaba.com on how to get started.
Re: Bankers' Forum by lanrubi(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2010
the toughest dept in banking as far as i am concerned is cash management where u will have to move cash for your bank from one city to the other,consider the risk and the stress
Re: Bankers' Forum by Alluregurl(f): 5:09pm On May 08, 2010
My ex was banker, it contributed a lot to the dissolution of our relationship. We hardly saw each other and most of the times he's always stressed out when we finally get to be together. Abeg i no fancy that job jare. For y'all looking to get a better job, probably outside Nigeria's shores, I'll suggest you use the services of CV distribution agencies like www.blackcv.com .I got my job in S.A through them. kiss
Re: Bankers' Forum by sulad82i(m): 6:12pm On May 08, 2010
Nmadili:

I am suprised that the issue of the Zenith Banker that has made away with more than N7.5Billion Naira never hit nairaland radar

Maybe u missed the thread
Re: Bankers' Forum by benom(m): 2:26pm On May 16, 2010
I have a million and one complains about being a banker. The huge expectations from your family and friends, your customers' pressure, the targets, the environment, even the pay.

But hey, its better than staying at home. If u don't believe, try it out for yourself. I'll forever be grateful to God for making me a Firstbanker.
Re: Bankers' Forum by harrysilver: 2:37pm On May 17, 2010
Some key Interview Questions in Banks, oil and Gas / Blue-Chips Co.

House, I received calls asking for more information regarding banks interview which I need to explain more. Let's be guided.

Basically it’s classified into two types.

1. EXPERIENCED (Marketing, Control, Operations staff)

2. NEW INTAKE / GRADUATE TRAINEE

You can be asked in banks / company interview and be ready.

With the permission of the authors we’ve prepared list of 25 potential interview questions out of the 80 possible questions taken from the three Books / CD’s / DVD’s:

Product #1: How to enter the 24 banks and any other financial institutions easily, start earning not less than N200,000

Product #2: Oil and Gas Industries recruitments secrets, earn BIG pay every month.

Product #3: How to secure your dream jobs in communications industries and Blue-chips companies / Multinationals

Key points to NOTE:

1. Be well dressed and don’t go late

2. Pay attention to questions 6, 7, 12, 15, 16, 17 and 24 because they DETERMINE your pay / position to offer you.

For example, if you are a BANKING OFFICER ask for ASSISTANT MANAGER or FULL MANAGER and try to justify it by telling them your prospects and contacts to bring them more businesses

3. If you know something about credit / loan processing tell them as part of your skills

4. REMEMBER question 25, due to CBN re-structuring they may needs officers that can recover bad loan, so take note of what you can do in that aspect.

5. If you face them, we pray for you. This is not another GMAT don’t fear. Turn them into a discussion format.

QUESTIONS 1-26 out of the 80 Interview questions

1. Tell me about yourself OR May I meet you?

2. What are your strengths?

3. Who was your favorite manager and why?

4. Why do you want this job at this time?

5. Where would you like to be five years from now?

6. Tell me about your achievements so far?

7. How much are you earning now as take home pay?

8. If the bank is to give you this salary and I asked you to write your job descriptions for the next one year, what would it say?

9. Give examples of ideas you’ve implemented so far?

10. What do you ultimately want to become?

11. How would you describe your work style?

12. Tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict on the job.

13. Why should we hire you?

14. Do you have any questions for me?

15. When were you most satisfied in your job?

16. What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?

17. What salary are you seeking?

18. What’s your salary history?

19. What were the responsibilities of your last position?

20. What do you know about this industry?

21. What do you know about our company?

22. How long will it take for you to make a significant contribution?

23. What was the last project you headed up, and what was its outcome?

24. Sell me this pen

25. If you were given some bad loans to recover what will you do?
All answers and further tips to help your were stated clearly in the three products below:
Kudos to the Authors!

Product #1: How to enter the 24 banks and any other financial institutions easily start earning not less than N200,000

Product #2: Oil and Gas Industries recruitment secrets start earning BIG pay every month

Product #3: How to secure your dream jobs in communications industries and Blue-chips companies.

PS: To learn how to build your prospects list and increase your chances of being shortlisted, send an email to: banksandotherjobs@gmail.com

Subject of the mail should be: MORE INFORMATION, indicating your name, phone no.

By: Harry Silver and Gabriel Moses

Cheers!

Published By: CETA DECO LTD
Re: Bankers' Forum by harpo(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2010
Does anyone in the house know what client profiling is, i need to make a presentation on it and dont seem to have it well, help me with materials if you have cos am sure we have a lot of marketers around

Thanks

harri_richards2000@yahoo.com
Re: Bankers' Forum by PMP: 4:01pm On May 21, 2010
Make use of www.google.com and type in client profiling.The internet has all the answer for you!
Re: Bankers' Forum by leighcon(m): 7:52am On May 26, 2010
A big question to Bankers (Preferrably with more than 2yrs experience).

Do you guys get paid for going to work or you get paid for working?

Well I joined the banking sector from I.T sector like 3 months back and if I will make comparison, people in the IT and telecoms work their ass out whereas what I see in the banking sector is eyeservice and people exerggeration of work done. Could it be that am missing something here.
Re: Bankers' Forum by yodiyokun(f): 4:40pm On May 28, 2010
leighcon:

A big question to Bankers (Preferrably with more than 2yrs experience).

Do you guys get paid for going to work or you get paid for working?

Well I joined the banking sector from I.T sector like 3 months back and if I will make comparison, people in the IT and telecoms work their backside out whereas what I see in the banking sector is eyeservice and people exerggeration of work done. Could it be that am missing something here.

Yes and No.
I can not compare to other industries because I only worked in Banking in Naija. Some departments are laid back and coasting is allowed, but some departments are like work till you quench. I can see IT folks coasting but not operations people. So it depends on your department, that said, eyeservice is king in Banking.
If your work load is lighter right now, I advice you to do something meaningful with your time and not get trapped in the mentality of this work will last forever.
Re: Bankers' Forum by darqly(m): 7:58pm On May 28, 2010
Leighcon, i guess the previous poster has pretty much answered ur question. I'd add that it pretty much depends on ur unit and possibly region. If you're still in i.t, you'd probably find that the saying 'if it ain't broke,don't fix it' works true for u and you'd be idle for some periods. On the other hand,if de bank decides to upgrade or use some new app,you've got your work cut out for u at that time. This is why some banks now outsource most of their i.t work. But brother,if you're in operations,and you claim you're laidback,you're sitting on a timebomb with a VERY short fuse. Still welcome to the fray compadre.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 29, 2010
Hello evry1.i have to submit a project on any bank product or service dat would be appreciated by the customers but also add to the profitability of the bank.I need help from any1
Re: Bankers' Forum by leighcon(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2010
@yodiyokun and darqly

I quite agree with you that the operations guys are usually the busiest. If you will agree with me, you will equally realise that operations work is more of routine and all it requires from you is to pay attention and be meticulous, I don't see problem solving. For other units as well there is rarely problem solving. And oh Lord for the guys in marketing save for the scary targets(which is challenging anyway) they have bunch of time in their hands.

Honestly campared to my previous background I don't see why a Gradute should be a teller and be paid N150k/M when an ND holder (Who will be paid lesser) can equally do the Job well while the gradute can also apply his/her skills elsewhere. Don't know if you guys are feeling me.
Re: Bankers' Forum by darqly(m): 11:34pm On May 29, 2010
Leighcon, i felt that way exactly after 6mths doing debit and credit. I told my colleagues we were being overpaid and they laughed it off. So i moved on to where i felt i'd at least task myself though it still does get to be abit routine. U see,ideally we should be thinkin up new schemes,products or investment types that'll bring income to the bank and leave customers better off. But all our marketers are deposit-seeking predators that barely have the time to be interested in what can grow your biz and by implication,the bank's bottomline. Still,try not to limit yourself-if u figure out a way to better a process or render service optimally,share wit ur superiors and/or product devt team.
Re: Bankers' Forum by awoogim: 4:54pm On May 31, 2010
checkout this site for JOBS and news www.tbnwebnews..com
Re: Bankers' Forum by nicejoe(m): 1:18am On Jun 01, 2010
I cant post a site address due to rule, you can send an email to bkmglbrt69@gmail.com for information on banking jobs.
Email me if you have any infor.
Re: Bankers' Forum by leighcon(m): 8:33am On Jun 01, 2010
@darqly,
What I found disheartening is that a lot of people are too concerned about the pay coming in at the end of the month to think of this. The truth is people are not adding up in skill which is why they work for years yet no quantifiable experience to leverage on.
Re: Bankers' Forum by harpo(m): 10:01am On Jun 01, 2010
pls can someone give me adetailed job description of a banker risk management and also a banker in credit
Re: Bankers' Forum by leighcon(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2010
@harpo
Nomenclature and JD usually varies from organisation to organisation but on the usual, the credit guy is the business development guy who brings in the potential borrower of fund and of course manages the relationship between the borrower and the bank, the risk management guy however is concerned with assesment of risk in any lending or part funding by the bank.

Hope you caught some idea there.
Re: Bankers' Forum by WarHorse1(m): 8:37am On Jun 02, 2010
Hello Bankers,

Please visit the thread below and kindly respond to it.
It is of concern to Bankers and Ex-Bankers.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-455651.0.html#msg6135582
Re: Bankers' Forum by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2010
The Problem With Nigeria`s Banking Sector?

Why are most bankers dissatisfied with their jobs?
It seems like the banking industry is becoming Nigeria`s most frustrating sector. Every day, one comes in contact with bankers who are full of woes about their jobs- `I`m just doing this job to pay the bills, I went for an interview yesterday, I want to change this job, I don`t even mind a pay cut,, etc.
`What, NLers, do u think is the reason behind this increasing discontent stemming from naija`s most sought after sector?
Re: Bankers' Forum by ntj: 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2010
So much is being said for bankers
Re: Bankers' Forum by darqly(m): 11:45am On Jun 14, 2010
It's probably a lack of interest on the part of the staff. Most don't really want to be career bankers,they just sought employment and wound up there. But the pay is good so they stay and bitch and moan all day.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Consensus: 11:23am On Jun 16, 2010
Interesting thread. Interesting topic, I'm an investment banker and worked in a "Bank of Newyork" and Lehman Brothers for years, Different work attitude and ethics all together.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Springrise: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2010
my family member seriously needs a job
Re: Bankers' Forum by Darayola(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2010
Any Vacancy for a year Industrial Training Attachment, I study computer science, Response to this will gladly be appreciated, Kindly help me.
Re: Bankers' Forum by candylips(m): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2010
Bankers
Re: Bankers' Forum by femmy2010(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2010
A banker is a fellow who lends you his/her umbrella when the sun is shining,but wants it back the minute it begins to rain. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

ICAN release the result of Nov 2016 diet result / 10 Jobs That Look Poor But Are Very Lucrative / Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.