Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,362 members, 7,910,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:10 PM

Blood Transfussion, What Do U Think?. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Blood Transfussion, What Do U Think?. (884 Views)

Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets" / ‘she Denies Me Sex And My Doctor Says SEX Is Good For My High Blood Pressure’ / How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blood Transfussion, What Do U Think?. by kosovo(m): 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2007
HI everyone
About 2 years now
A very close friend of mine died for refusing blood transfussion
because her religion does not permit it.
she was asked home after her parents refused to sign some certain
documents. she DIED at home right in front of her family after
refusing the transfussion.
it was really a tragedy and i was dowm for about 2 months, and
and sometimes i begin to wonder what life holds for us,
i have also been lookin for a place where i could ask these questions

IS BLOOD TRANSFUSSION REALLY REALLY BAD?
IS THEIR ANY BIBLICAN TEACHINGS AGAINST BLOOD TRANSFUSSION?
OR IS IT JUST MISERY?
IF YOU WERE TO BE IN SUCH SITUATION WHAT WOULD BE YOUR REACTION?

AS for me i would do any thing to save a life. except taking
another ones life.

MAY HER SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.
kosovo1
Re: Blood Transfussion, What Do U Think?. by almondjoy(f): 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2007
kosovo:

HI everyone
About 2 years now

A very close friend of mine died for refusing blood transfussion
because her religion does not permit it.

she was asked home after her parents refused to sign some certain
documents. she DIED at home right in front of her family after
refusing the transfussion.

it was really a tragedy and i was dowm for about 2 months, and
and sometimes i begin to wonder what life holds for us,
i have also been lookin for a place where i could ask these questions

IS BLOOD TRANSFUSSION REALLY REALLY BAD?

IS THEIR ANY BIBLICAN TEACHINGS AGAINST BLOOD TRANSFUSSION?
OR IS IT JUST MISERY?
IF YOU WERE TO BE IN SUCH SITUATION WHAT WOULD BE YOUR REACTION?

AS for me i would do any thing to save a life. except taking
another ones life.

MAY HER SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.
kosovo1

Dear kosovo,

thanks for this refreshing topic.

Blood transfusions are not bad. Different cultures practice different things. If your friend is under 18--I think she should have been transfused to save her life unless her illness was terminal and blood transfusions would not make a difference. But if the society in which they lived allowed for such to happen without protecting the girl--then we cannot question them. For they have the right to do so. They have to live with the loss.

I have had people waive their rights to receiving blood transfusions as Jehovah's witnesses or other religious affiliations. As adults that is alright. But as children, I have a problem with that.

I do not know where your friend lived or what the true circumstances are. Blood transfusions are not bad but a risk to take. Most blood donors are screened for infectious agents and the blood supply where safe is may not be 100% safe hence the risk-taking aspect of it. When it comes to matters of life and death, everyone has a choice to make. Children do not and everything should be done to save them.

If your friend's family decided to go that route, we have to respect their feelings. In most developed countries--minor children under 18 are protected by such religious beliefs to save lives. When the children are over 18, they can make their choices. Most developed countries get a court order to override the parent's religious beliefs to save any sick child under 18.

When we are faced with matters of life and death-we will have to make that choice individually. I have nothing against blood transfusions and think I can allow it if my life depended on it.
Re: Blood Transfussion, What Do U Think?. by kosovo(m): 3:51am On Nov 17, 2007
almondjoy, thanks. u  r great. well she was just a little above 18 and a witness too. thats right i ll try nd respect peoples culture nd religion since da incidence i really could not but as of this moment i dont have choice. thanks again
Re: Blood Transfussion, What Do U Think?. by omoge25(f): 8:29am On Nov 17, 2007
I couldn't have said it any better almondjoy did a great job in breaking it down.
We have to respect everyones right and beliefs and if she and her family felt refusing blood was the right thing to do so be it, I am sorry for your loss sha.
Re: Blood Transfussion, What Do U Think?. by kosovo(m): 10:05am On Nov 17, 2007
omogbe25, thanks i really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Can Any One Give Me A Short Term Loan To Setup Online Business? / Please Can Someone Tell Me What Makes A Real Big Girl ? / What Is Their Relationship!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.