Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,794 members, 7,938,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (631249 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by jerrytosin: 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
Abuja varsity appoints new bursar, director physical development

THE Governing Council of the University at its 25th Extra-Ordinary meeting recently approved the appointments of Sadiq Otu Shuaib, as the Director of Physical Development (DPP), and Mr. Ahmed El-Yakub, as the new Bursar for the institution. The ... 2 weeks ago
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by jerrytosin: 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
The Institute for Anti-Corruption Studies of the University of Abuja led by its Director, Dr. Kabir Mato, organised a National Conference on Corruption and National Security which held on the 8th and 9th of April at the Lagos Hall of the Transcorp Hilton, Abuja. At the event, the Master of Ceremony, Mr. Olympus Ejue, made a slip of the tongue that sent many at the event roaring with mirthful laughter.

While trying to usher to the high table erstwhile Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Malam Nuhu Ribadu, the MC, in a typically Nigerian fashion, decided to ‘’fully’’ introduce the august personality. In the course of doing so, he inadvertently said that Ribadu was also the former ‘’presidential candidate of the EFCC’’. He, of course, meant to say that the man once ran for the presidency of Nigeria on the platform of the ACN.

Like all good, innocent slip of the tongue, Ejue’s honest mistake betrayed his innermost thought. In popular Nigerian imagination, Ribadu has become synonymous with the EFCC. Whether it is just a matter of mere perception or it is actually a reality as many of us think it is, Ribadu has come to symbolise what has essentially remained Nigeria’s puny fight against the ravaging cancer that is eating away the soul of our nation called corruption.

No one before Ribadu or since after his tenure at the EFCC, has captured the popular imagination of the ideal anti-corruption czar and cleanser of public morality quite like Ribadu has done. In fact, many believe that since his exit from the EFCC, the fight against corruption has been all but dead.

It is therefore to be expected if someone unconsciously made him the presidential candidate on the platform of a party called EFCC. Come to think seriously of it, I honestly do not think it will be a bad idea if Ribadu actually tries to form a party whose acronym will be very close to EFCC, an organisation on whose platform he shot to national limelight, and run on it for the presidency of our country. I think the time has come in our country for a clean person to form a Clean People’s Party and run for the presidency on a single platform of genuinely fighting corruption.

This social malaise has grown and pervaded our system to a dangerous level. And gauzing from the popular sentiments expressed by many Nigerians on the streets and by participants at the anti-corruption conference in Transcorp Hilton, any political group that comes out to confront what is easily the country’s public enemy number one, will gain wide acceptability and enthusiastic electoral support.

But the focus of this piece is not on Ribadu or on a political platform to wage a war against corruption. Our concern here is with the corruption conference and the significant issues that arose from it.

Ribadu was keynote speaker at the event. Always known for his passionate concern for this nation, he rose and delivered a short, sharp and precise speech ex tempore. At some point, his voice will rise to high decibel as emotion took the better of him. A professional police officer, prosecutor and anti-graft fighter par excellence, it is hardly surprising that Ribadu talked about how to contend against corruption in our country from the point of view of law and order.

He took the position that corruption has become deep rooted in our country because laws, rules and regulations are never enforced. And they are not enforced, he said, because the police who are the only officials constitutionally mandated to lead the fight against corruption have been neglected by successive administrations since independence. He made a passionate case for the immediate retraining of the police and equipping them and re-orienting them to enforce the rules and regulations meant to guide public and private conduct without fear or favour.

Commenting on the topic of the discussion which was Corruption and National Security, Ribadu used an apt sexual analogy by observing that right now in our country there is an incestuous relationship between corruption and insecurity. This state of affair, he pointed out, has spelt doom for a number of countries he has been privileged to study. Such countries include Rwanda, Sudan, Afghanistan, Somalia, etc. Now that corruption and insecurity are in bed, danger is lurking in the corner for Nigeria, he said.

Others, who spoke after Ribadu, echoed this sentiment warning that Nigeria would disintegrate if no serious or genuine effort is made to stem the growing tide of corruption in our polity. They noted that while in the past few years, corrupt public officers used to steal public funds in millions of Naira, some now steal in billions as seen in the current pension fund scam and many other cases of graft that have come to light.

The former ASUU leader and radical intellectual, Professor Festus Iyayi, who delivered a paper Corruption, Poverty and National Security: Implication for Peace Building; Prof. Femi Odekunle who spoke on Corruption, Intelligence Management and National Security; Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, who dwelt on The Dialectics of Corruption and National Development, and Prof. Sam Egwu, whose focus was on Electoral Malpractices and Political Violence: Implications for National Security and many other paper presenters and discussants opened the eyes of participants to the many forms of corruption in our society and the evil effects they are having on our national development aspirations.

I thought I know so much about corruption and its deleterious effect on our national development but when the egg-heads ‘split’ the subject for me and others at the two-day event, they sharpened our understanding to the clear and present danger facing our country. The civil rights activist Bamidele Aturu drew the attention of the audience to the danger lurking in the fact that corruption has become acceptable to many Nigerians as seen in the fact that even the language used in describing it has changed from a rude rejection of it to a vigorous accommodation of it.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Swaycater(m): 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
Hmmmmmmm!!! Uniabuja tinz on my mind, i luv you guys, cuz with u guys around! There wont be any Dull momentz, i nava knew dah we got much people on this thread,any wey we no cum Narialand cum show ourself, we just here tryin 2 knw each oda, i still wunna send my Hola 2 Mrpresido!AZEEZ etc, I still Rep Pol Sic, IT IZ WELL!!!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by tobiassunny: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] :DLwkMD... Nairaland is hotting up, unigwagz air out ya opinions::: the thread is reaching itz climax (100) admission list on point anymoment from now... Cheers!!!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by johneewalker(m): 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
Evening peepz...I wana use dis medium 2 xpress appreciation 2 u guyz both dose dat gave us rumourz and d real gist I say tankz..I also tank our minister of information and communication Mr PRESIDO..u guyz are d best.plz I guese few regularz are missing eg llola and safrigal..ah rep Economics.We are UNLIMITED.tankz and letz hope 4 d best.keep it locked
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kaybee67(m): 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
Mr malam M. B. Modibbo uniabuja registrar announce on uniabuja jan bulletin that there is no 2nd list on net for 2012/2013 as myschool.com,ng said. he also warned the aspirant student not to pay any money for assistance because d list is not yet out.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sheanoel(m): 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
kaybee67: Mr malam M. B. Modibbo uniabuja registrar announce on uniabuja jan bulletin that there is no 2nd list on net for 2012/2013 as myschool.com,ng said. he also warned the aspirant student not to pay any money for assistance because d list is not yet out.
even Gudluck johnathan cnt stop dat list 4rm cmin out. Do u knw hw many mnth ive bin w8n 4 dix list. Abeg no tel us news way we no wan hear oh. Shuuu
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kaybee67(m): 11:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
@sheanoel nothing we delay the list to come out next week by God grace don't quote me wrong...am just saying that the registrar said that nothing like 2nd list on d net which I red in uniabuja january bulletin today. So any adminsion apart from the merit giving by jamb is a fake. Present 100l we finish their exam on saturday and the school will go for 2weeks holiday. No matter what the list must be paste next week because no time to waste again.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sheanoel(m): 12:10am On Apr 19, 2013
kaybee67: @sheanoel nothing we delay the list to come out next week by God grace don't quote me wrong...am just saying that the registrar said that nothing like 2nd list on d net which I red in uniabuja january bulletin today. So any adminsion apart from the merit giving by jamb is a fake. Present 100l we finish their exam on saturday and the school will go for 2weeks holiday. No matter what the list must be paste next week because no time to waste again.

dude i feel u bt u sure jamb admisn z by merit. I gt 233 nd natin 4 jamb bt i knw of pple wu gt around 190 r givn admisn. Even dose wu ddnt ryt pume wer givn admisn. Abt any oda list being fake i even c it d oda way around. D d remaning list r d original 1es
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 19, 2013
UNIGWAZ ON POINT!! i can see guys are keying into the TRANSFORMATION AGENDA of Mr Presido...."it pays to be patient"
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by hayubee(m): 6:50am On Apr 19, 2013
Is d jamb merit list valid
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by johneewalker(m): 7:13am On Apr 19, 2013
mehn 2weeks is 2much oh..i even tauqht is a week
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Azboy34(m): 7:19am On Apr 19, 2013
As'mualaikun waramotullahi wabarakatu to all my muslim brothers nd sisters nd Juma Mubarak to u all. May we wittness more of it in life(amin). Remember Allah mercy is all we need. Inshallahu d list will be out very soon nd we shall be called Bonafide student of Uniabuja. All pub admin aspirant nd al oda department I hail o. Gud morning nd hw was ur nyt? Ma salam!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 7:33am On Apr 19, 2013
I wz jst intimated dat Uniabuja list is coming out today, ,relax nd keep urself updated...we go all dey der,...repping econz all d way
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 7:48am On Apr 19, 2013
Usually is during d break d new studnts wll b doing their registration
So dat dey can finsh b4 d old 1 return. And abt d jamb 2nd list dere no any source 4 dat, it was jst rumors going round dat time. Dat jamb has gven all d versities to sumit deir list b4 so so time or d jamb will help dem release d list. And all dese were jst rumors. Jamb has no rite to release 2nd list because d merit 4 jamb is 60% while d sch's own is 40%. And dat 40% d sch will gv admss dey must send d names to jamb and jamb hv sent their own 60% to d sch already
. And d list dat will b cmin out next week it will consist of all dose admttd by jamb and so many oda names whc d sch will add.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 8:06am On Apr 19, 2013
Where ar d accountants? Show ursf because we hv to count d whole money in CBN now.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 8:14am On Apr 19, 2013
Pls note; d sch does not announce on when it will release her list, because dey don't do so until it has been release been posted. So we telling ur pple dat d list will b out so so time we can only predict base on d pass experience we had. Dis list will content a large num of studnts so when it cms out u will all see it.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Origbacrown2(m): 9:22am On Apr 19, 2013
What i know is that nobody can paste list on jamb site except jamb did so....K how do dos name get to jamb site?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Iphiedazzle: 9:40am On Apr 19, 2013
Kai! mehn! i 4 fear oooo. i tried to checkout dis thread last nyt, e cum dey tel me one tin one tin... i'm happy it was an error ooo cos 4 ple lyk me, here's our only medium to knowin d goings-on abt d great varsity... Where r my fellow potential learned colleagues....! Holla! cool
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by hayubee(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2013
Every aspirant shud likd dis post so we go no our number nd how we go trek go gwagz
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by hayubee(m): 10:14am On Apr 19, 2013
Accounting students we're una dy na
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by tryxe: 10:46am On Apr 19, 2013
ECONZ students I greet ooh,,, let's all chill B4 a week d list most av been pasted,, pls those who go first should take a pic and paste here so dey can help those far C 4 dem selves,, COUNT DWN TO LIST PASTING STARTS NOW
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by AjikeGold: 11:21am On Apr 19, 2013
PIs I don't undastand dis anymore,I got my admission tru jamb,dos dat mean its nt vaIid,,dis 1 dey re saying Iist frm jamb is fake..pIs sum1 shId enIighten me..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sharon96265: 11:39am On Apr 19, 2013
PLASTIC IDENTITY CARD PRINTERS AUHTHORIZED SALES PARTNER
ZEBRA AUTHORIZED PARTNER IN NIGERIA. HADEY GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES LTD LAGOS

Zebra P430i
Printing: Single/ dual-sided Printing
Color Capability: Full Color, Monochrome
Print Method: Direct-to-Card Dye Sublimation
Lamination: None
Feeder: Card Feeder/Hopper Capacity
• Card input capacity: 100 cards (30 mil)
• Card output capacity: 100 cards (30 mil)
Ribbons: Zebra True Colours iSeries intelligent
technology media
• YMCKOK: 170 images/roll
• YMCKO: 200 and 330 images/roll

Zebra P120i
Lamination: None
• Card input capacity: 100 cards (30 mil)
• Card output capacity: 100 cards (30 mil)
Ribbons: Zebra True Colours iSeries intelligent
technology media
• YMCKOK: 170 images/roll
• YMCKO: 200 and 330 images/roll

Zebra P640i
Lamination: Single-sided, Dual-sided Card
• Card input capacity: 150 cards (30 mil)
• Card output capacity: 150 cards (30 mil)
Ribbons:
• YMCK: 600 images/roll
• YMCKK: 500 images/roll
• YMCUvK: 500 images/roll

Zebra ZXP Series 3 Card Printer (Dual
sided printing)
• Load-N-Go drop-in ribbon
• cartridge
• Microsoft Windows drivers
• USB connectivity
• Covered 100 card feeder (30 mil)
• 45 card output hopper (30 mil)
• 16 character LCD display
• 300 dpi print resolution
• 32 MB memory standard
• One-year warranty on printer

Zebra ZXP Series 8 ID card Printer
Dual-Sided w/ Dual-Side Lamination
• Encoding Options: Magnetic EncodingTrue
edge-to-edge printing via over the-edge
printing
• Windows drivers: XP, Vista, Server 2003,
Windows 7
• XML-based SDK enables advanced print and
encoding features
• Single-card feed capacity 21-character, 6-line
LCD operator display
• One year limited printer, and lifetime print
head warranty
• 150 card capacity card feeder (30 mil)
• 100 card output hopper (30 mil)
• 190 cards/hr Single-sided print (YMC)
• 180 cards/hr Dual-sided print (YMCK)

ZXP Series 8 Double Sided, USB and
Ethernet and Magnetic Stripe Encoder
• True edge-to-edge printing via over the-edge
printing
• Windows drivers: XP, Vista, Server 2003,
Windows 7
• XML-based SDK enables advanced print and
encoding features
• Single-card feed capacity 21-character, 6-line
LCD operator display
• One year limited printer, and lifetime print
head warranty
• 150 card capacity card feeder (30 mil)
• 100 card output hopper (30 mil)
• 190 cards/hr Single-sided print (YMC)
• 180 cards/hr Dual-sided print (YMCK)

Thank you for your interest in Hadey Global Technologies Limited, a relationship you can always count on. sales call bayo on 08135586674,07085834420. email.idprintersales@gmail.com.www.hgtl.com.ng
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2013
@ajikegold dere is nofin like fake list dear
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
[/quote]
AjikeGold: PIs I don't undastand dis anymore,I got my admission tru jamb,dos dat mean its nt vaIid,,dis 1 dey re saying Iist frm jamb is fake..pIs sum1 shId enIighten me..
AjikeGold: PIs I don't undastand dis anymore,I got my admission tru jamb,dos dat mean its nt vaIid,,dis 1 dey re saying Iist frm jamb is fake..pIs sum1 shId enIighten me..

Your admission is REAL, CORRECT and VALID. Always follow this thread for the latest update on when freshers are to resume.
Gudluck
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by asese100: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
Chai! Mr presido i must see u wen we don enta promise land. Infact i owe u 5 bottles of any drink of ur choice at least hp don dey. Thank u
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Origbacrown2(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2013
no ans em AJIKE,na rubish dem dey yan 4 mouth.....Jst help me wan dat guy make hin no talk am again cos if i catch him Ehn......I no dey play with admission ooo...Asalam to all real peepz.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
Omo dis 1, na pple are nt smilin, wel tnk God is friday,wikend tins on board,make una calm dwn
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
No shakin our admdon sure,pax baba ijebu 10 sure,10 direct
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sheanoel(m): 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2013
hey presido/richez cu u confirm 100l hs finishd xams dat wuld officialy kick off d countdown 2 admisn list
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sheanoel(m): 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
hey presido/richez cn u pls confirm 100l hs finishd xams dat wuld officially kick off d countdown 2 d release of admisn list.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.