Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,269 members, 7,970,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:46 PM

Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help (792 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help by mikkyjay(m): 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2007
pls oo i mistakenly downloaded a flash player which i now suspect to be a virus because after it was installed, it automatically changed my settings including my home page to its own, named about blank, and it has been poping up a disturbing nasty massage telling me that my computer is at risk of spyware that i should download their latest anti spyware programe to rid my system of the threat, i tried using my kaspersky antivirus to remove it but it doesnt see the programe as a virus, pls nairaland gurus come to my rescue here cos this creepy thing is really disturbing me. thanks in advance.
Re: Pls Help by koseepaaro(m): 10:33am On Nov 17, 2007
Hi guy, I will suggest that you, first of all, uninstall that Flash Player that you said you downloaded and installed. Afer this, make sure the kaspersky antivirus you have installed on your system is version 7.0, then scan your system with this Kaspersky antivirus (version 7.0) after uninstall of the downloaded program. To me, this Kaspersky antivirus is very reliable (if it is ver. 7.0) because that is what I normally installed on most of my client's system and it due detect and remove Virus from the system.

Best of luck.
Re: Pls Help by Ralvy(m): 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2007
mikkyjay:

please oo i mistakenly downloaded a flash player which i now suspect to be a virus

1st of all, I doubt its a virus!

mikkyjay:

it automatically changed my settings including my home page to its own, named about blank

Are u 4ril . . . ? About blank is like default, You should not bother about that unless u have something like http://aboutblank. sth . . . But if u just have About Blank there, then all's fine!

mikkyjay:

and it has been poping up a disturbing nasty massage telling me that my computer is at risk of spyware that i should download their latest anti spyware programe to rid my system of the threat,

Its possible that u contacted the virus/spyware from another site or a removable media, com'on . . dnt hold the poor IE toolbar responsible grin

mikkyjay:

i tried using my kaspersky antivirus to remove it but it doesnt see the programe as a virus,

Kapersky. . .  shocked A world class murderer of Viruses/spyware . . .what version?
If so, then - I don't think the toolbar posses threats!

mikkyjay:

please nairaland gurus

I am not a guru, maybe I shouldn't have replied . .  cheesy cool tongue cheesy grin

mikkyjay:

come to my rescue here because this creepy thing is really disturbing me. thanks in advance.

In that case, Click here to download hijackthis. .  Run it & paste the log file created so we can look through it, and get back to you with the files you should treat using Hijackthis!
Re: Pls Help by mikkyjay(m): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2007
thanks everyone, most of the activities of that virus has stopped after i removed the installed flash player but the nasty msgs about update is still disturbbing me every minute and i can return to my home page except theirs
Re: Pls Help by BASIT2020: 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2007
Koseeparo,how can one get that antivirus(Kaspersky).Any site to download this or where and how can i get it ,cos i need those kind of antivirus badly.Please mail me to eskay2u@gmail.com or call or text 08033530474.I will appreciate this.Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Tv Tuner Problem: Any Idea??? / Hints / Watch Over 9000 Tv Stations On Your Your Pc For Free.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.