Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,708 members, 7,889,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:36 AM

Comparing DSTV And HiTV - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Comparing DSTV And HiTV (37789 Views)

Poll: I will rather subscribe to:

DSTV: 71% (118 votes)
HiTV: 28% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Did CTL/Trend TV Just Win The Lawsuit Against NCC And HiTV? / 42 Fee Channels:-say Bye Bye To Monthly Subscription On Dstv,ctl,cmtv And Hitv. / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Mustay(m): 6:32am On Nov 27, 2007
take am easy now. . . .

eve ur local tv stations 'test-transmit' when they commene operations.

Make we jus get small patience wink
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by choco4life(m): 9:18am On Nov 27, 2007
See the problem with we Nigerians is that we are Anti-Nigeria in the real sense,

I can only but marvel at the progress in Malaysia(where i currently reside) almost

everything in the country is produced in the country even things that traditonally

foreign ,they produce themselves and buy them(encourage themselves)without complaining.

A Nigerian would rather buy stuffs made overseas than patronise the "made in Nigerian Brand"

what a shame it is, this bug even spread to services provided MTN a foreign company in Nigeria

for over six years still provides epileptic services, we really need a Rethink.

Concluding Nigerians should also try to make things/provide services that are worthwhile.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 10:03am On Nov 27, 2007
Hypocrites!Hypocrites!!Hypocrites!!!

Damn! Nigerians can never stop being hypocritical about things that doesnt affect them!

@Mustay,

Why u come dey talk like dis now? HITV do test transmition? No! Instead, they just rushed into the market knowing that there would be gullible Nigerians who are ready to support them to exploit. Must it always be like this?sad It's pathetic that some pple who don't even use HITV would even come out to support them.

@Choco4life

Na wao for u oo. Why u come dey Malaysia dey contribute to another economy? Hmmm! Why not return home and follow us to support them? That would be the highest form of hypocrisy if u say we shld support our own again.

How do we support and encourage substandard and epileptic services? If u think MTN is providing epileptic services; why not come home and experience our very own. My friend! Abeg, concentrate on earning those dollars and leave those of us in Nigeria to try and make things work!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 27, 2007
choco4life:

See the problem with we Nigerians is that we are Anti-Nigeria in the real sense,

I can only but marvel at the progress in Malaysia(where i currently reside) .

Bros, come home and experience what we are talking 'bout.

Nobody is crucifying HITV, all we are asking them to do is to render service for money collected. Opari!, Ogbula!. Shikena!. grin grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bims88: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2007
Does anyone know how i can get a Hitv smart card alone. I have mytv that is boring me.
Pls help!!!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2007
@Bims

u shld be able 2 get it at their office.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2007
bims

HITV off add: 10, Borno way off Apapa Rd. Ebutte Metta West.

Ayusman, how far!, let's dispel the notion that we don't like them. grin grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ayusman

Pls remove that arsenal stuff in your profile grin grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Vickivicki(m): 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2007
bims88:

Does anyone know how i can get a Hitv smart card alone. I have mytv that is boring me.
Please help!!!

Sorry,despite placing the ad on their site but presently they r not selling smartcard only.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2007
no body is anti naija
just that the truth is alwayz BITTER grin grin grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Mustay(m): 6:45am On Nov 28, 2007
patience is da keywo
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 7:51am On Nov 28, 2007
ilugunboy:

@ayusman

Please remove that arsenal stuff in your profile grin grin

Okay bros, but u have to publicly renounce your romance with Chelsea and pledge ur loyalty to Arsenal! grin grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 28, 2007
@ayus,

Tell me to divorce my wife, and i will grin grin, telling to renounce my fidelity to Chelsea, you bet that won't happen!!!. Have you spoken with the FTA installer?.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 1:07pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Ilugunboy

So u don't what to join the winning club (invisible)! grin

Don't think he has stock yet in Lagos but promised to send one asap. As for the MYTV, would be doing it on Friday unfailingly.

Any gist about HITV Ikeja problem?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2007
Why MyTV?, is it better or you want to add more variety?.

Whatz is their content like?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 1:44pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Iluguboy

It's just the FTA contents am interested on. Would connect it to my HITV.

The FTA contents are basically religious channels
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2007
@ayus
Are you now on the satallite platform?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Ilugun

Have not really had time to do that even though the installer has gotten the equipment ready. sad
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by olowe(m): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2007
I think this comparison is unfair when we are to consider when DSTV has been in operation. For HITV to give us what we need, they need fund, where will they get it? From me and you?

SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2007
Here they come again angry angry
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Egavlas(m): 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2007
@bims

I think you should get a list of their agents from their office and am sure someone should be able to give you the smart card alone.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2007
ilugunboy:

Here they come again angry angry

U just said my mind sad
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ayusman, Salvage, Kosovo, Olowe et all

All of your comments and criticism are well appreciated and accepted, without all of that we will not be moving forward and knowing the need to improve on our services. We are a newly licensed Pay Tv provider and bearly we have delivered service it took DSTV some good fortune years to deliver and are heading towards achieving the ultimate and thats not to say that we are not going to be given considerate and good services but all of these will never be @ a go cos what we deal with here are high power machines which it really takes to time to customize to suit your (HITV's) definition.

I will like to correct the fact that HITV has come to loot, steal, 419 or scam Nigerians but rather we have come to salvage Nigerians off the modern slave trade that has existed before now. Do you know that after HITV won the right of Premiership for Nigeria so other  companies specifically GTV won it for the rest of Africa except South Africa which is inclusive of FA Cup, also it would be fair to let you know that in this business content is a major issue and you really have to fight for it, a brother said HITV "rushed out" no HITV did not rather took our time but would it be fair to have the rights and not broadcast saying that you are waiting for the right time? would it also be fair to start and we are showing just 2 Channels? would it also be fair if HITV does not have money to pay salaries and do all other social commitments as a NIgerian Organisation?

Please have in mind that HITV will by the grace of God launch its Dual View Decoder in shortest possible time after the company has gotten over the signal problem as it were.

We are proudly Nigerian and would do our best to salvage Nigerians off the foreigners who do not have any good for us but to come to our market (being the biggest) to make money and take back to there country becuase we have refused to support ours and believe Nigerians cannot do anything right.

So my people let us support HITV and make the country proud as it will affect not just the present generation but 3,4,5,6,, generations coming.

Do you know that HITV,

Has over 70 manpower right now?

Its manpower is Nigerian based?

what else makes you proudly Nigerian but all of these i have stated and there are still more.

Regards to all.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2007

All of your comments and criticism are well appreciated and accepted, without all of that we will not be moving forward and knowing the need to improve on our services. We are a newly licensed Pay Tv provider and bearly we have delivered service it took DSTV some good fortune years to deliver and are heading towards achieving the ultimate and thats not to say that we are not going to be given considerate and good services but all of these will never be @ a go because what we deal with here are high power machines which it really takes to time to customize to suit your (HITV's) definition.

I will like to correct the fact that HITV has come to loot, steal, 419 or scam Nigerians but rather we have come to salvage Nigerians off the modern slave trade that has existed before now. Do you know that after HITV won the right of Premiership for Nigeria so other companies specifically GTV won it for the rest of Africa except South Africa which is inclusive of FA Cup, also it would be fair to let you know that in this business content is a major issue and you really have to fight for it, a brother said HITV "rushed out" no HITV did not rather took our time but would it be fair to have the rights and not broadcast saying that you are waiting for the right time? would it also be fair to start and we are showing just 2 Channels? would it also be fair if HITV does not have money to pay salaries and do all other social commitments as a NIgerian Organisation?

Please have in mind that HITV will by the grace of God launch its Dual View Decoder in shortest possible time after the company has gotten over the signal problem as it were.

We are proudly Nigerian and would do our best to salvage Nigerians off the foreigners who do not have any good for us but to come to our market (being the biggest) to make money and take back to there country becuase we have refused to support ours and believe Nigerians cannot do anything right.

So my people let us support HITV and make the country proud as it will affect not just the present generation but 3,4,5,6,, generations coming.

Do you know that HITV,

what else makes you proudly Nigerian but all of these i have stated and there are still more.

Regards to all.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Egavlas(m): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Raahym

Thank you for taking out the time to reply to all the complaints.

Please, You guys should forget about dual view for now and focus on the seemingly little things that irritate.

1) The EPG.
someone said here that we have to go to your office and pay for another decoder to get the EPG on hitv.
can you confirm this?

2)Are there chances of any new channels coming on this december? someone also said that here. can you confirm or denounce that?

3)Still on content and channels. Mytv offers free to air channels and at least they have a documentary channel even if its like a poor imitation of discovery and the likes.

Someone said you dont have licence to broadcast free to air channels and am wondering why? Mytv is subscription based service but they also offer free to air.

My issue with this is that Hitv can actually put paid to all this content issue by just getting th mbc network and all the movies and sitcoms will be watched by your customers.

When I was on Disc cable services, they used to broadcast mbc2 and I didnt see any one complain and they are also a pay tv service.

So can you clarify this issue once and for all? Cant hitv offer some free to airs as part of their services? Dstv has a lot of those free to air channels bundled into their services .

Before , I even went to get hitv, I heard someone from your office saying that free channels will be among the offerings.

MBC network is the only one of those Free To Air offerings you need and all the content issues will be sorted.

But then, I dont know much about all the licences so let us know whats on board.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Vickivicki(m): 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Salvage

That is a good prompt,we all hope the PRO (@Raahym) gives us his take on all u posted.
But i think on your Q.1 what is been talked about earlier is their customised receiver that gives OSD of programmes like DSTV decoders do. To agree with you content is the real issue.

Peace.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 9:54am On Nov 30, 2007
Raahym:

All of your comments and criticism are well appreciated and accepted, without all of that we will not be moving forward and knowing the need to improve on our services. We are a newly licensed Pay Tv provider and bearly we have delivered service it took DSTV some good fortune years to deliver and are heading towards achieving the ultimate and thats not to say that we are not going to be given considerate and good services but all of these will never be @ a go because what we deal with here are high power machines which it really takes to time to customize to suit your (HITV's) definition.

I will like to correct the fact that HITV has come to loot, steal, 419 or scam Nigerians but rather we have come to salvage Nigerians off the modern slave trade that has existed before now. Do you know that after HITV won the right of Premiership for Nigeria so other companies specifically GTV won it for the rest of Africa except South Africa which is inclusive of FA Cup, also it would be fair to let you know that in this business content is a major issue and you really have to fight for it, a brother said HITV "rushed out" no HITV did not rather took our time but would it be fair to have the rights and not broadcast saying that you are waiting for the right time? would it also be fair to start and we are showing just 2 Channels? would it also be fair if HITV does not have money to pay salaries and do all other social commitments as a NIgerian Organisation?

Do you know that HITV,

Regards to all.

i really appreciate your comments and or reply.
when something is not critized it is bound to fail. but when there is critizism, success follows.
so i want to belive that HiTV would live to it's expectation.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by idupaul: 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2007
HI tv has a long way to go, in the subscription tv bidness,tyme provides a lot of oppunity to learn on the job, the longer uve bin in the bidness the mo scale of experience u have and the more satisfaction u can deliver to clients, Hi tv has just one advantage(they get to show the premiership) and once they loose that advantage its gameover, I will like to see a nigerian company dominate the cable tv landscape but for now i will stick to my dstv(cos i cannot live without alittle csi,thc and E! daily).
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 8:03am On Dec 01, 2007
@Raahym

I really appreciate ur post but that's not the issue at hand and i believe u can help hitv by conveying the greviances of subscribers to the mgt (Heard that angry mob invaded ur office last week because of epileptic services sad).

Please kindly respond to the ff ques and iff possible resolve them instead of trying to promote hitv when we all know the truth.

1. When are u guys going to resolve the Ikeja problem (it's going to 3months now)
2. Whats going to happen to my lost subscription (as u say una no be 419)
3. Can i use mytv smart card on the decoders bought from ur office (abi una lock am?)
4 Can i use the mytv dish (without changing the direction) to convert my terrestial to Sat?

Would appreciate ur response!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 01, 2007
@raahym,

In as much as we are intersted in your future plans, we are more concerned about the obvious present shortcomings, please can you be exact as to when the Ikeja mast problem will be resolve?.

And one last thing, will be asking for too much if we ask that your website should be more current, the last time i checked, the last update was done in october, thatz static!

Thank you.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 9:27am On Dec 01, 2007
@Ilugun

How u dey bros? I've finally installed mytv and guess what? 25 free on air (even though majority are xtians channels including about 3 that we pay for on hitv). Thinking of getting the smart card so that i can view the other contents.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 01, 2007
@ayus,

aside these xtians channels, can i know the other contents, like documentaries, sitcoms, news.

pls let me know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Deji And Modella Are Fake Bbnaija Season 7 Housemates / BBNaija: Anto And Tobi Cuddled In Bed Last Night (Photos) / Fun Photos From Big Brother Naija Saturday Night Party ( Week 8)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.