Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,512 members, 7,904,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 11:51 PM

Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? (28018 Views)

BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" / Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by blingzzy: 12:19pm On May 24, 2012
dkings101: I would advice you to get the USB Universal Modem and try buying 50mb (N500) on etisalat and browse with it..if it works fine. Stick with Etisalat cos thats what I did. Etisalat is more faster than Visa, Starcomms. If etisalat don't work, try Airtel with their smallest Mb maybe N500 also and see the speed. Don't go for locked broadband cos u wd end up wasting your money if it doesn't work fine. Just buy the Universal modem tat uses sim and try all sim, surely 1 would browse fine...instead of buying a locked modem and end up wasting ur money cos they won't refund u a penny if it doesn't work fine.

dkings please am a member here before i traveled to malaysia..please i need shipping tracking site and banking also. this is my email cute4reail@yahooo.com or cuteossy4sure@yahoo.com or can have you phone and email address please waiting to hear from you...we'v got business to do my guy some guys here will be interested for that okay
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by samchide(m): 11:31pm On May 24, 2012
Contact us for your best UNIVERSAL MODEM HSDPA @ a discount price we sale in stock for N3800 call now while offer last 08036028085,,,08180011362............
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by purplekayc(m): 10:30am On May 25, 2012
Need advice peeps (like now!) Wanna buy a modem for internet connection fast unlimited acceess I live along aiprt road , specifically 7 and 8 bus stop inter section .... Am thinking of among these one (mobitel,multilinks,starcomms and netcom ?) Advice. My peeps
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Neoviper147: 11:47am On May 25, 2012
coolETISALAT WILL DO IT. ITS SPEED IS NOT OF THIS WORLD, TRUST ME[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by purplekayc(m): 2:12pm On May 25, 2012
ETISALAT WILL DO IT. ITS SPEED IS NOT OF THIS WORLD, TRUST ME[color=#006600][/color]

Did you forget I mentioned un limited downloads?
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by purplekayc(m): 3:27pm On May 28, 2012
@ li

Do I need to buy a modem or something? And where is their coverage in lage spans through out or what? Coz I stay around airport road ...

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by LI(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2012
purplekayc: @ li

Do I need to buy a modem or something? And where is their coverage in lage spans through out or what? Coz I stay around airport road ...

From what I hear, they have coverage in most parts of Lagos including Airport Road and yes, you have to buy a modem. There are different kinds: single user (7,000) and multi-user (10,000-15,000)
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by purplekayc(m): 6:31pm On May 28, 2012
Two more questions lin:

1:their head office
2:how fast is it ? Can I hit 1 meg/sec?
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by LI(m): 10:41pm On May 29, 2012
purplekayc: Two more questions lin:

1:their head office
2:how fast is it ? Can I hit 1 meg/sec?

Their office is in Osbourne, Ikoyi. You can call their customer care on 07002345678 or Nnena on 08030682248, That's the sales rep who brought me a modem to test out at home to verify that it really works in my area.
Secondly, yes you can get a plan that reaches 1Mb/s but my 512kb/s works perfectly
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by blackweaver(m): 3:00pm On May 30, 2012
LI:

Their office is in Osbourne, Ikoyi. You can call their customer care on 07002345678 or Nnena on 08030682248, That's the sales rep who brought me a modem to test out at home to verify that it really works in my area.
Secondly, yes you can get a plan that reaches 1Mb/s but my 512kb/s works perfectly

hmm 512kbps, which means you have max download speeds of 64kb/s or is it actually 512kb/s? i use swift and despite their promised 2mbps i usually get closer to 1mbps (about 128kb/s) however i haven't been able to get the wimax usb dongle to work on my linux os so i'm thinking of looking for another service provider with a more os - friendly hardware
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by ben2007: 4:55pm On May 30, 2012
Unwired 4G from DOPC is d best..... super fast. Check www.unwired.com.ng
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 02, 2012
ITbomb: Airtel or Glo , make sure its a 3g modem, you will believe in fast internet
airtel iz d best anytime
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by purplekayc(m): 10:28am On Jun 02, 2012
@lin:

This is my glo number: 08056283015
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by moshoodn(m): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2012
samchide: Contact us for your best UNIVERSAL MODEM HSDPA @ a discount price we sale in stock for N3800 call now while offer last 08036028085,,,08180011362............

if I wanna buy like a dozen, how much discount am I gonna get ??

your location ??
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by moshoodn(m): 11:30am On Jun 08, 2012
WITH SWIFT, YOU CAN HIT 1MB/SEC. . .

THOUGH, I DON'T USE IT BUT MY BUDDIES TESTIFY.

I USE ETISALAT EASYBLAZE.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Ebenezerk2: 8:06am On Jun 14, 2012
how much last?
ugbana: I have new multilinks modem for sale ev-do precisely call 07033668618
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by solomonjesus: 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
Jenticles: Try multilinks its ok

in some area
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Gbengaslc: 4:44am On Jun 16, 2012
Pls after lendin my zte usb modem to a friend of mine, its no longer workin i tried to uninstall it and its later saying device not found. And now when i insert the dongle it is not reinstall again and is also display zte wcdma driver not found Pls wat can i do?
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by onyx77: 6:39am On Jun 16, 2012
LI: I have an urgent decision to make and I need help. Which is the best internet modem for home use in Nigeria. My options are Swift, Mobitel, Unwired, Visafone, Starcomms or the ones provided by GSM networks. I understand that some of them might not work well in certain areas. I live around Ojota.
onyx:well iam not sure bt I tink etisalat will do
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by onyx77: 6:44am On Jun 16, 2012
Onyx:nairalanders I need a toshiba labtop urgently
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Ebenezerk2: 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2012
@Ugbana, can you exchange your multilinks with my starcomm,
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by jelly456: 7:05am On Nov 07, 2014
newmaster:
try universal modem, thats what i use now with any network sim, works very fast on airtel and glo, etisalat,

Yes,I agree with your points.
Currently i own universal modem.
Through my modem,I experienced this speed.
Download speed-6.047mbps Upload speed-1.043mbps I checked my internet speed using ScanmySpeed.com What do you think about my internet speed?
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Hush754: 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
Please which network can I use on a universal modern that works well in kwara. Ilorin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Effect Of Plugging Laptops For A Long Time? / Download Bluestacks For Windows 7/8 & MAC PC (offline Installer) / Reasons Why You Need A New Laptop This 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.