Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:33 AM

What's Your Advice To Me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Advice To Me? (1159 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? / Advice To All The Single Ladies In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Advice To Me? by Motunmi: 4:32pm On May 21, 2012
Good day all,

I need sincere and matured advice from nairalanders on an important issue.

I am a working class single lady and I will be getting married in less than a year from now. I have a guy whose attitude, character, disposition to life, etc anyone would desire but I happen to earn much more than him since I have a good and stable job unlike him. This however has NEVER caused any issue between us.

I just bought 2 plots of land and the documentation needs to be done.

Where I am confused is, do I make these documents bear my name since I'm not married to him yet or should the document carry our names since we are getting married soonest?

He is fully aware of the transaction and was not against the land acquisition. I want to be safe and at the same time I want him to feel it that what belongs to one belongs to the other.

What is your advice to me please? I need to see my lawyer for the documents SOON.
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by taryour(f): 5:08pm On May 21, 2012
Motun mi: Good day all,

I need sincere and matured advice from nairalanders on an important issue.

I am a working class single lady and I will be getting married in less than a year from now. I have a guy whose attitude, character, disposition to life, etc anyone would desire but I happen to earn much more than him since I have a good and stable job unlike him. This however has NEVER caused any issue between us.

I just bought 2 plots of land and the documentation needs to be done.

Where I am confused is, do I make these documents bear my name since I'm not married to him yet or should the document carry our names since we are getting married soonest?

He is fully aware of the transaction and was not against the land acquisition. I want to be safe and at the same time I want him to feel it that what belongs to one belongs to the other.

What is your advice to me please? I need to see my lawyer for the documents SOON.

for now let it be in ur name,later on when u av been married and u love him enuf n feel comfortable to add his name then u can put his name if u choose.

But dont ever make d mistake of putting it to his face dat u bot d land with ur money wen u av any misunderstanding in future. All d best.
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 21, 2012
Since you're asking questions, I presume you have doubts, so put it in your name for now, you can always change it later, right? Besides I don't know how him earning less has anything to do with this issue. undecided Are you insinuating he's going to dupe you or something? Or you think if he was well to do, he wouldn't run away with your money? I don't think you should have mentioned it in your introductory statements.

You're sure?
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by EfemenaXY: 5:15pm On May 21, 2012
That's easy.

Your name.

You're NOT YET married.
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by Motunmi: 9:53am On May 23, 2012
I appreciate you all.

Thanks.
@ stillwater, Since you're asking questions, I presume you have doubts, so put it in your name for now, you can always change it later, right? Besides I don't know how him earning less has anything to do with this issue. undecided Are you insinuating he's going to dupe you or something? Or you think if he was well to do, he wouldn't run away with your money? I don't think you should have mentioned it in your introductory statements.

I just felt I need to make people understand our current financial position so that I will get a candid advice. I do not intend any harm

Also, like I said, it has NEVER caused any uproar in our relationship because we understand each other.

Thanks.
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by maclatunji: 10:32am On May 23, 2012
Efemena_xy: That's easy.

Your name.

You're NOT YET married.

Abi now, even if you are married there is no reason to feel guilty about buying land or any other thing in your name, the only thing there is that you should let your husband know about it and get his agreement with it.
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by iaabc(f): 11:52am On May 23, 2012
You are not yet married, so it should be in your name. If and when you do get married, you can always add his name to the papers.
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 23, 2012
Buy it in your name. 'Less than a year' is a long time to discover many things you yet don't know!
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 23, 2012
put it in your name - if anything happens to you he still inherits it all as next of kin so I don't actually know what the issue is here.

you can always add his name after you are legally married.
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by shushu(f): 1:39pm On May 23, 2012
dear op,
you are still single. enjoy the freedom that comes with it.Buy anything you want in your name now.when you get married, decisions are made at a slower pace... if you catch my drift.
enjoy
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by EfemenaXY: 1:41pm On May 23, 2012
^^ Well said.
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by agiboma(f): 1:42pm On May 23, 2012
YOUR NAME ONLY PLEASE AND THANK YOU
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 23, 2012
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by PrettyCindy(f): 3:29pm On May 23, 2012
Don't make the mistake of adding his name pls. 2months is enough to discover suprising things talkless of less than a yr. Be wise lady. Act wisely. It doesn't mean you don't love but the main fact is that you are not married yet! After you do, you can then add his if you so desire.
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by stepo707: 3:40pm On May 23, 2012
If you really love him,you would put both your fiance's name as well.why the doubt?
Re: What's Your Advice To Me? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 23, 2012
Your name, as you're not yet married.

(1) (Reply)

Y Do Married Men Keep Talking About Number Of Sex? / Cry Of A Single Lady;is He Planning To Dump Me? / My Life Will Be Alot Better If.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.