Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,364 members, 7,937,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:32 PM

Who Has Majority Stake In Nigeria Army, North Or South? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Has Majority Stake In Nigeria Army, North Or South? (2075 Views)

APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status / Nigeria Or South Africa , Which Is More Violent ? I Need To Know Urgently / Zonning:Jonathan or IBB remove North or edo,delta and Yorubas(satellte pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Majority Stake In Nigeria Army, North Or South? by boytonero1: 12:24am On May 22, 2012
Please share your thoughts on who you think controls Nigeria army in terms of number. Present evidence or facts if you have any. If you do not have facts to backup your claim, kindly state so.
Re: Who Has Majority Stake In Nigeria Army, North Or South? by Mcdondayan: 6:34am On May 22, 2012
I have no fact anyway but i think its the north cos they have a high level of blood lust. Lol
Re: Who Has Majority Stake In Nigeria Army, North Or South? by ozalogbo: 11:29am On May 22, 2012
I think it is d north. From my own southern part of d country, if a boy (in those days) told his parents dat he wanted to be a soldier, d usual response would be 'u wan go die for nothing'. They preferred professions like law, engineering, medicine, etc. But not so with d north. I think they are excited about d armed forces. In addition, the fact dat most of d military rulers have been from d north have given dem d added advantage of having more northerners secure places in military schools and in employment into d armed forces
Re: Who Has Majority Stake In Nigeria Army, North Or South? by achi4u(m): 2:15pm On May 22, 2012
daz northern job they are mostly illitrate.
once u can understand:
come...
go...
shoot..

daz zoombi for u.
Re: Who Has Majority Stake In Nigeria Army, North Or South? by geez1: 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
The north unarguably controls the Nigerian military (not just army) in terms of personnel as well as military hardware. Only the Navy, which they don't need is controlled by the south and the Nigeria Navy is about the weakest in terms of its hardware as most of the warships are look tired and more or less gunboats IMO.

For the Nigerian Army, out of 5 divisions, two are in the north (1 Division and 3 Division), two in the SW (2 Division and 81 Division) while there's one in the SE (82 Division)

For the Airforce, which is the strength of any modern military, they have in 11 units under the Training Command all situated in the north. There are 6 major units under the Logistics command with 5 situated in the SW and one in the north. I don't have any information on their Tactical and Mobility commands which I believe are in the north as well.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Majority Stake In Nigeria Army, North Or South? by 9jii(m): 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
The north,because they have depend this country while the others are chasing money.
Re: Who Has Majority Stake In Nigeria Army, North Or South? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
9jii.:
The north,because they have depend this country while the others are chasing money.

The Topic is quite Misleading ''Majority stake'' ...........

The Nigerian Army belong to The Federal Republic of Nigeria ..... Thats all........

The Northern Nigeria has favoured herself in terms of population,states,Number of Local Govts thus more representation in Army than southerners........

More representation doesn't mean Majority stake, Army belongs to Fed-Govt

1 Like

Re: Who Has Majority Stake In Nigeria Army, North Or South? by UncleJJ(m): 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
donroxy:

The Topic is quite Misleading ''Majority stake'' ...........

The Nigerian Army belong to The Federal Republic of Nigeria ..... Thats all........

The Northern Nigeria has favoured herself in terms of population,states,Number of Local Govts thus more representation in Army than southerners........

More representation doesn't mean Majority stake, Army belongs to Fed-Govt

Dont mind these jackals..... did anybody tell the SE SS SW not to join the military or navy.

the ibo man dominates commerce
the yoruba man dominates banking and petroleum
the hausa man dominates the military

so what..... another guy say's there in the military cos the like blood more. In developed country, the guy in the military are the most loyal, patriotic and dependable. Since jonathan became president, how many northerners have controlled the army ... and you sit down on your old chinko laptop - talking trash.

The real problem of Nigeria is the schools, our student by thier degrees cos if they read thier books, they would be able to think before they speak.

The world is no place for emotional men, who speak with their feeling not their brains. Use that thing between your ear's and your realise what you just said can only come out from a man who has never travelled beyond the boundaries of his village.

daz northern job they are mostly illitrate.
once u can understand:
come...
go...
shoot..

daz zoombi for u.

This is the worst post here, if i could e-spit, it would be on your face. effing national disgrace !!

I have no fact anyway but i think its the north cos they have a high level of blood lust. Lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fasola Declares War On Igbos / PDP Lagos Promise To Give Jonathan 5.9-million Out Of 6-million Votes! / BREAKING NEWS: President Jonathan Visits Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.