Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,879 members, 7,899,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:20 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1784421 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (923) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:32am On Apr 20, 2015
Its okay to proceed on your journey provided your visa is still valid even if you have a week left on it. The most important thing is that you have a valid multiple entry visa which allows you to travel as many times as you wish, within the 3mth period.
So, you are good to go.
laplace:
Thanks guys, for all the educative posts. Please is there any stipulated number of days for which my SA visa must be valid before I'm allowed entry into SA? I got a 3-month multiple entry in November and travelled. I got another 3-month multiple entry visa in March and travelled but I have a meeting in May during which my visa will still be valid. I heard that sometimes they insist it must be valid for 1 month or more before I am allowed entry,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2015
In response to question 1, that section only applies to passengers in transit to another country and doesn't apply to you since your final destination is SA. Simply write " NOT APPLICABLE" on that part of the application form. The same thing applies to the other question u raised below in (1).
2) Since d applicant is a student, simply indicate so on the part that says occupation or profession. It poses no problem at all. All the best....
godownson:
hello house.
i got 2 questions pls.
1- on the visa applicatio form, one part of the 5th page asks;
what is your destination after leaving the republic?. and
do you hold a visa or permit or temporary or permanent residence in the country of your destination?.
^^^ these 2 questions confuse me cuz its a 2 weeks visa application with a return to nigeria so how do i answer the questions.
2- on the part that asks "occupation or profession", what do i fill?. tha applicant is 19yrs old and just finished secondary school so doesnt have a job and is yet to gain admission into the university. pls whats most appropriate to fill in?.
anyone with experience pls help clearify me. thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2015
yinksob002:
In response to question 1, that section only applies to passengers in transit to another country and doesn't apply to you since your final destination is SA. Simply write " NOT APPLICABLE" on that part of the application form. The same thing applies to the other question u raised below in (1).
2) Since d applicant is a student, simply indicate so on the part that says occupation or profession. It poses no problem at all. All the best....
alright. thanks bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2015
Please i need to know if the xenophobic attack will affect my Sa visa application... Any ideas please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
bisi16:
Hi all.. can visa change/extension be done at any of the home offices (cape town) ? Must it be Pretoria?

Thanks

Seems your question was overlooked. You can't apply for extension at any home affairs office. You have to apply at VFS office if your choice.

Change of status is not quite easy with the new laws.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
olabanji88:
i have sent my applyicatn 2 saqa wat nxt uow do i know b dey v guotten it

They will send an e-mail to the address you provided to let you know they got your application. If you didn't receive the mail, you haven't applied.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
BOWOTO:
Please i need to know if this xenophobic attacks will affect a visa application.

Well, pray for favour. It depends on the officer that attends to your case. Normally, it shouldn't. Unless there is a diplomatic row and they change their policy suddenly.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
TYPOP:

They will send an e-mail to the address you provided to let you know they got your application. If you didn't receive the mail, you haven't applied.
online Or hard copy application. Cos am talking of hard
copy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
TYPOP:

Seems your question was overlooked. You can't apply for extension at any home affairs office. You have to apply at VFS office if your choice.

Change of status is not quite easy with the new laws.
thanks for responding. I'm already in SA and have study permit. am changing school that's why I ask. how do I go abt changing my visa details?

thanks again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:22am On Apr 21, 2015
olabanji88:
online Or hard copy application. Cos am talking of hard copy

You first apply online, then you send all your documents as hard copies. After they get your hard copies, they send you an e-mail.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:24am On Apr 21, 2015
bisi16:

thanks for responding. I'm already in SA and have study permit. am changing school that's why I ask. how do I go abt changing my visa details?

thanks again

You're welcome man.

You go to VFS website, apply online for what you want to do (change of conditions), then you take your documents to the VFS office you choose while applying.

PLEASE NOTE: You must have at least 60 days left on your visa before you apply (that's the letter of the law)
Also, police report takes about 3 weeks to process so get that on time.

Go to http://www.vfsglobal.com/dha/southafrica/, get yourself informed and then apply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ofon15: 6:05am On Apr 22, 2015
helo people,pls is thre anyone in the house schooling in cape pennisula university of technology or that knows any nigerian schooling thre? Need information about their tuition fees,accomodation and xenophobia rating.Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
bisi16:

thanks again

You can apply for a change of condition. Apply online at VFS and submit to the nearest VFS office.
Just make sure that you have a letter from your former school, specifying that they are releasing you with no obligations, and also a letter of admission from the new school you want to change to(Very important), plus other supporting documents, if you have paid the school fees for the new school, please submit the proof too it helps.

Before VFS came on board, home affairs will call you and let you know that there is a missing document and you need to fax the document with so so days. But with VFS, if there is any missing document, your application will be rejected quickly. So just make sure you submit all the required documents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LadyWolfe: 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
Please anyone know how long it takes to process a visit visa? Its been two weeks now.

I need my passport next week for an urgent assignment and considering withdrawing my application.

How does that work?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by goryorhal(m): 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
LadyWolfe:
Please anyone know how long it takes to process a visit visa? Its been two weeks now.

I need my passport next week for an urgent assignment and considering withdrawing my application.

How does that work?

Thanks

If you need your passport , you better go and withdraw it, I.e if what you are going for its very important and urgent .. Visiting visa takes up to 4-6 weeks ... A living witness cry undecided
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 12:36am On Apr 23, 2015
sultan003:

You can apply for a change of condition. Apply online at VFS and submit to the nearest VFS office.
Just make sure that you have a letter from your former school, specifying that they are releasing you with no obligations, and also a letter of admission from the new school you want to change to(Very important), plus other supporting documents, if you have paid the school fees for the new school, please submit the proof too it helps.

Before VFS came on board, home affairs will call you and let you know that there is a missing document and you need to fax the document with so so days. But with VFS, if there is any missing document, your application will be rejected quickly. So just make sure you submit all the required documents
thanks a lot.. didn't know there's VFS in South Africa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ofon15: 6:35am On Apr 23, 2015
sultan003:

bisi16:

thanks a lot.. didn't know there's VFS in South Africa.
Brother,please is this the same step you have to follow if you are about finishing your studies in a particular school here and want to change to another university here in SA the following year?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 8:16am On Apr 23, 2015
Ofon15:
Brother,please is this the same step you have to follow if you are about finishing your studies in a particular school here and want to change to another university here in SA the following year?

Yes, if you still have a permit that is still valid for years. If not you should be applying for a new one for the new school
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ofon15: 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
sultan003:

Yes, if you still have a permit that is still valid for years. If not you should be applying for a new one for the new school
ok,thank you,but please one more question.someone i know is finishng his honours by december this year and wants to start masters in another school here in SA,his permit will expire by 31st of december this year,is he to apply for change of condition of the visa that is about to expire or apply for a new one? If he is to apply for a new one,can that be done here in SA or Nigeria? Thank you brother for ur response,God bless u.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ofon15:
ok,thank you,but please one more question.someone i know is finishng his honours by december this year and wants to start masters in another school here in SA,his permit will expire by 31st of december this year,is he to apply for change of condition of the visa that is about to expire or apply for a new one? If he is to apply for a new one,can that be done here in SA or Nigeria? Thank you brother for ur response,God bless u.

new one 60 days before the expiry of the old one http://www.vfsglobal.com/dha/southafrica/study_visa.html
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
TYPOP:

You first apply online, then you send all your documents as hard copies. After they get your hard copies, they send you an e-mail.
I HAVVE SENT THAT FOR LIKE 2 WEEKS VIA MY SCHOOL BUT I DONT KNOW OW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO GET THERE
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by flowsamuels(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Pls hause what's the minimum PTA one needs to hold before been permitted to pass migration at the airport
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:15am On Apr 25, 2015
akin3102:
How can someone,apply for this job?have a relative who might be interested..pls u can contact me on topeakinmoladun@gmail.com
Google Abu Dhabi Educational Council for details .I saw it online and decided to post it .The interview comes up in South Africa .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:06am On Apr 26, 2015
olabanji88:
I HAVVE SENT THAT FOR LIKE 2 WEEKS VIA MY SCHOOL BUT I DONT KNOW OW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO GET THERE

Normally, you apply for SAQA online yourself, gather the documents yourself, certify them yourself and post them yourself. Of course, anybody could help you with any of the stages above.

Your school should not send your application documents for you, unless you are in one of those private schools that decide to do stuff for their students. If they sent it indeed, the document might not have gotten there or they used their own e-mail address instead of yours. That way, the e-mail will be sent to them, not you.

I actually used my e-mail for someone (of course with her consent) before so they sent all her mails to me. But as I received them, I forwarded them to the lady immediately. So, it is possible for them to use their own e-mail. Talk to your school
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 10:55am On Apr 26, 2015
TYPOP:

Normally, you apply for SAQA online yourself, gather the documents yourself, certify them yourself and post them yourself. Of course, anybody could help you with any of the stages above.

Your school should not send your application documents for you, unless you are in one of those private schools that decide to do stuff for their students. If they sent it indeed, the document might not have gotten there or they used their own e-mail address instead of yours. That way, the e-mail will be sent to them, not you.

I actually used my e-mail for someone (of course with her consent) before so they sent all her mails to me. But as I received them, I forwarded them to the lady immediately. So, it is possible for them to use their own e-mail. Talk to your school
anyway i can confirm from saqa status of application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by laplace(m): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
Please what documents am I expected to take along to the airport when re-using a multiple entry visa? Do I need any invitation letter, hotel reservation, self intro letter, introduction from company, etc?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:10am On Apr 27, 2015
laplace:
Please what documents am I expected to take along to the airport when re-using a multiple entry visa? Do I need any invitation letter, hotel reservation, self intro letter, introduction from company, etc?

Same documents you used first time.

And if this is personal or pleasure, then you don't need company letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by honeyoluwatoyin: 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
hello peeps, pls how can i get the application form.... cant find it on their site.. help pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:45am On Apr 28, 2015
honeyoluwatoyin:
http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/ Once the site opens, See STEP 3 and click on visa application form to download. All the best. eeps, pls how can i get the application form.... cant find it on their site.. help pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 3:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
hello house,
my Lil bro submitted the following things today for a 2 weeks visit visa:
-international passport
-flight reservation
-photocopy of yellow card
-2 passport photographs (on white background)
-invitation letter from SA host (dated and signed by host)
-6 months bank statement of SA host (stamped by bank)
-photocopy of SA host's ID card (certified)
-SA proof of accommodation (certified).

When he got to the vfs center at lekki to submit the documents for the visa application, an official looked at his documents and said they were fine but that he was supposed to come with a letter from his school (a computer school) and another letter (my bro says he cant remember- i'm guessing its an introductory letter or something like that). but then the official said he could still submit the documents like that if he wanted to. so he did submit it.
my question is, does the unavailability of the letters requested pose a threat?. i thought everything listed above are the requirements for a visit visa?.
what do i need to know... i need your thoughts on this.
TYPOP, samtol4, yinkob002 and others who got experience, pls help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
godownson:
hello house,
my Lil bro submitted the following things today for a 2 weeks visit visa:
-international passport
-flight reservation
-photocopy of yellow card
-2 passport photographs (on white background)
-invitation letter from SA host (dated and signed by host)
-6 months bank statement of SA host (stamped by bank)
-photocopy of SA host's ID card (certified)
-SA proof of accommodation (certified).

When he got to the vfs center at lekki to submit the documents for the visa application, an official looked at his documents and said they were fine but that he was supposed to come with a letter from his school (a computer school) and another letter (my bro says he cant remember- i'm guessing its an introductory letter or something like that). but then the official said he could still submit the documents like that if he wanted to. so he did submit it.
my question is, does the unavailability of the letters requested pose a threat?. i thought everything listed above are the requirements for a visit visa?.
what do i need to know... i need your thoughts on this.
TYPOP, samtol4, yinkob002 and others who got experience, pls help.

It will be nice if he includes a letter of self introduction (I really don't know why we need these things anyway) but the letter from his school is really important. They want to know what people are doing (in Nigeria) and assess the chances of people trying to become illegal residents of their country. In short, they want to know if your brother will have reasons to go back home or if he will try to stay in the Republic.

These seem trivial but they may deny people's visas based on these and they may overlook them.

I'm asking myself what the way out is and I am seeing difficult choices to be made (either pay to add documents via VFS or go to the embassy to try and beg them so he can add the documents). Unfortunately, it's not a good time to apply for visa cos of the diplomatic row between Naija and SA.

Let him pray and seek for favour and then decide on what to do.

I'm interested in hearing what the others have to say.

cc @collinsfbi @samtol4 @yinkob002 @sultan003 @chemashie @kingmayor

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (923) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.