Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1767590 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (921) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teed89: 8:28am On Nov 11, 2016
staggerlee:

See, to be on the safer side please pay for yor hotel it saves you more money at the end of the day. As per your bank statement don't stress, I hope heavy deposits in your accounts are regular not one off. Like in the past 6 months, how many times have you rec'd huge deposits? I hope its not just this one million your brother paid in! If there are others in the past 6 months pls print a 6 months bank statement.

Yes I have them in multiple places... I can't even count that when it comes to the deposit... I have been having such deposit in my account for so long (since 9-11 months ago) and I just want to visit SA for December to relax.

On the payment issue, how do I pay for the hotel ? I have called the hotel and I was told they will send me an invoice... I neva see ham... Lol.. Can I pay using PayPal? or I have to go to the bank? What's the best way to pay it?

Thanks for the help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigerboy200: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2016
jsben:

Thank you...I will appreciate more clarification from you
Ok..If you want to evaluate both, you'll be charged more..but what u really need is d evaluation for Msc since u r applying for PhD..why spend more for something that's not needed...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
bigerboy200:

No...If u r coming for Msc,then SAQA must evaluate ur Bsc,but for PhD, it ur Msc that must be evaluated..

Both B.Sc and M.Sc have to be evaluated. It provides them with an educational history.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olusegunthomas(m): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hello! I apply for a visitor visa and to the glory of God I got it,pls can some1 halp me with cheaper airline or can some1 from the right source write it out too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2grozz: 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2016
loveourlagos:

Simply apply for a tourist visa.

Thank you for your time.
Would it be an offence to have a tourist visa and still enrol for an 11days certification course?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2grozz: 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
olusegunthomas:
Hello! I apply for a visitor visa and to the glory of God I got it,pls can some1 halp me with cheaper airline or can some1 from the right source write it out too

Congrats my brother.
Pls how long did you application process take?
Did you use and agent?
If not pls can you help with the documents you presented?
I intend applying too.
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2016
2grozz:

Thank you for your time.
Would it be an offence to have a tourist visa and still enrol for an 11days certification course?

Yes you can
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2grozz: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
Ariel20:

Yes you can

Right!
Thank you very much!
What is the average time for visa processing?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
Warning !!!!!!!!!!! Please don't come to South Africa on visitor's visa if your intension is to reside in republic. No more renewal of asylum permit for Nigerian. A friend told that God saved him yesterday when he went to renewal his asylum permit. The immigration arrested people mostly Nigerian in Pretoria office. If you want to come to SA try to get study permit or work permit. Even the country change their law every time. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olusegunthomas(m): 4:40pm On Nov 11, 2016
femiaction:
Warning !!!!!!!!!!! Please don't come to South Africa on visitor's visa if your intension is to reside in republic. No more renewal of asylum permit for Nigerian. A friend told that God saved him yesterday when he went to renewal his asylum permit. The immigration arrested people mostly Nigerian in Pretoria office. If you want to come to SA try to get study permit or work permit. Even the country change their law every time. Thanks
that's what am having now, hope I won't get any problem if I get there..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teed89: 7:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
I have issue paying for my hotel oh. I must have a domicilry account to pay to Ned bank. What can I do ? Or should I submit my application like hat without paying for my hotel as I already called the hotel and they told me I can pay when I arrive. Please help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Autophys1: 10:45pm On Nov 11, 2016
[quote author=yinksob002 post=50855839]Hello guys,

I heard that travelex doesn't sell forex to SA and dubai bound travellers. Can anyone who has travelled recently confirm this. I need to know to enable me plan.

You can buy $$ from travellex at MMIA if you are travelling to SA. Just came back from Jo'burg a week ago and although I was not able to get because of the long queue, a lady on my flight bought her $$ right in front of me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 3:30am On Nov 12, 2016
Hi y'all. I'm trying to renew my study visa. I've just paid fee hours ago the vfs + visa fee but I'm unable to schedule an appointment date. Is anyone else going through this?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
Pls i will like to PM you bro
samuelUMOH:
This is not tenable Embassy won't entertain such excuses .Let your friend in SA draft letter stating you will b staying with him and attached utility bill in his name and passport data page .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tamotiye: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
South African visa is easy provided you have the required documents. I used an agent for my first visa to be honest since I never really knew how the process works. Went there with my wife and we were almost bounced back at the airport. They bounced about 10 Nigerians in front of us that day in J'oborg without asking any questions but they didn't bounce us because my wife holds an EU passport. Nigerian passport is finished everywhere! Anyway fast forward to last month I applied myself at vfs, paid the fee and paid for the hotel with my international credit card (Since Buhari don finish the financial sector) also included the properties we own in Capetown and I got my visa the date I put I was gonna travel. I still haven't used the visa due to other commitment. One thing I noticed tho was the huge crowd at the vfs collection center. There were about 200 of us who came to receive their visas!

Make SURE your hotel is PAID FOR!!! Do not go with a booking.com or hotel.com reservation. They denied people like crazy. I don't know what Nigeria is turning into. They only give according to the number of days on your hotel. I booked 14 days hotel stay in Stellenbosch Capetown and I was issued the exact two weeks multiple entry. And please beware of agents since South Africa verify bank statements now and your hotel reservation. I know from people who I saw were refused. They asked for their genuine bank statement to be submitted before they can issue them a visa. They also included a white paper between their passport explain why they were refused.

South Africa is an AMAZING place to live in!!!! If you live in Capetown you'd never want to go back to this crazy hell of a place called Nigeria. I see reasons why Nigerians don't want to return but it's also necessary we go through the right procedure of staying permanently not by overstaying our visas.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EUGENE846: 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
Tamotiye:
South African visa is easy provided you have the required documents. I used an agent for my first visa to be honest since I never really knew how the process works. Went there with my wife and we were almost bounced back at the airport. They bounced about 10 Nigerians in front of us that day in J'oborg without asking any questions but they didn't bounce us because my wife holds an EU passport. Nigerian passport is finished everywhere! Anyway fast forward to last month I applied myself at vfs, paid the fee and paid for the hotel with my international credit card (Since Buhari don finish the financial sector) also included the properties we own in Capetown and I got my visa the date I put I was gonna travel. I still haven't used the visa due to other commitment. One thing I noticed tho was the huge crowd at the vfs collection center. There were about 200 of us who came to receive their visas!

Make SURE your hotel is PAID FOR!!! Do not go with a booking.com or hotel.com reservation. They denied people like crazy. I don't know what Nigeria is turning into. They only give according to the number of days on your hotel. I booked 14 days hotel stay in Stellenbosch Capetown and I was issued the exact two weeks multiple entry. And please beware of agents since South Africa verify bank statements now and your hotel reservation. I know from people who I saw were refused. They asked for their genuine bank statement to be submitted before they can issue them a visa. They also included a white paper between their passport explain why they were refused.

South Africa is an AMAZING place to live in!!!! If you live in Capetown you'd never want to go back to this crazy hell of a place called Nigeria. I see reasons why Nigerians don't want to return but it's also necessary we go through the right procedure of staying permanently not by overstaying our visas.

Nice writeup. But how can they bounce people without proper verification. That's very wrong because this people must have gone through the right processes to be granted visas or are they implying that the issuing officers aren't discharging their duties accordingly.

To the best of my knowledge one can only be denied entrance if he or she isn't with the documents required at the POE.

Gurus in the house should say something about this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
@TAMOTIYE PLEASE HOW MANY DAYS DID IT TAKE THEM TO ISSUE YOU YOUR VISA? I SUBMITED MY DOC SINCE 2ND NOV AND TILL NOW ITS STILL NOT YET READY.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2grozz: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2016
Must I pay for hotel lodging or can I just make a reservation?
Bearing in mind that I want to pay fully for an 11 day course that I intend undergoing.
I have a friend I intend staying with but I do not want to state it in my application.......as such paying for hotel would be a waste.
Pls advice.....thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2016
Kenya Airline is about 150k now. will advise yu to go for it.
olusegunthomas:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2016
It depence, some take 6, 8 or 10days if yiu submitted at Abuja, but if nah Lag, it can take up to a month ooo
Ndukaikenna:
@TAMOTIYE PLEASE HOW MANY DAYS DID IT TAKE THEM TO ISSUE YOU YOUR VISA? I SUBMITED MY DOC SINCE 2ND NOV AND TILL NOW ITS STILL NOT YET READY.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tamotiye: 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
Just to add to what I've written because I saw someone asked why Nigerians are been deported at Point of Entry in South Africa. The reason is most Nigerians are not tourists. They intend to come and stay. The immigration officers already know this and they target and single us out whenever we land. Even Ethiopian airlines collect a repatriation fee of $150 from every Nigerian passenger and it's refundable after 5 working days if you do not have any issues with the immigration.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EUGENE846: 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
Tamotiye:
Just to add to what I've written because I saw someone asked why Nigerians are been deported at Point of Entry in South Africa. The reason is most Nigerians are not tourists. They intend to come and stay. The immigration officers already know this and they target and single us out whenever we land. Even Ethiopian airlines collect a repatriation fee of $150 from every Nigerian passenger and it's refundable after 5 working days if you do not have any issues with the immigration.

So how do they differentiate real Nigerian tourists from the fake ones or they just guess and waste people's visa fee and flight fare. If they don't want Nigerians at all they should simply state it.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olaoke16(m): 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
bigerboy200:

Ok..If you want to evaluate both, you'll be charged more..but what u really need is d evaluation for Msc since u r applying for PhD..why spend more for something that's not needed...

But if applying for Btech, someone said I av to evaluate both ND and HND
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigerboy200: 9:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
Olaoke16:

But if applying for Btech, someone said I av to evaluate both ND and HND
I'm Sorry..I don't know about the Btech process..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jsben(m): 8:20am On Nov 13, 2016
bigerboy200:

stevetop:

Both B.Sc and M.Sc have to be evaluated. It provides them with an educational history.
Thank you...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by odehbrainard: 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2016
please i applied for a south african tourist visa, i have been to dubai three times before, i work as the secretary and personal assistant to the chief inspector of taxes at delta state board of internal revenue, my boss drafted an official letter introducing me and stating my intentions and stamped the letter and signed, am also a blogger and stated my website address in the self introduction letter, i had a closing account balance of 710,000,an inflow of 3million and outflow of 2million plus, did my flight booking with wakanow though didnt confirm, i just want to visit the place as am tired of going to only dubai all the time, do i stand a chance?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
You stand a great chance given that you have a stable job and good account activity. Besides, you have a blogging biz with details spelt out in your introductory letter, which further strengthen your ties back home. Therefore, you have got nothing to worry about. It will surely come out positive all things being equal. All the best
odehbrainard:
please i applied for a south african tourist visa, i have been to dubai three times before, i work as the secretary and personal assistant to the chief inspector of taxes at delta state board of internal revenue, my boss drafted an official letter introducing me and stating my intentions and stamped the letter and signed, am also a blogger and stated my website address in the self introduction letter, i had a closing account balance of 710,000,an inflow of 3million and outflow of 2million plus, did my flight booking with wakanow though didnt confirm, i just want to visit the place as am tired of going to only dubai all the time, do i stand a chance?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danshy: 9:30am On Nov 14, 2016
wink wink
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Swith(m): 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hello, i want to apply for a study permit this week but i have some questions. (1). Can i use my mothers statement of account because she has good inflow and outflow of cash but mine dont have good flow of cash (2). Must i get an admission letter from the university in S.A. (3). how long does it take to process the visa. Kind response pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (921) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.