Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:45 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1772273 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (922) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
Thecassanova:

Most SA study permit are for Bsc, honours, Masters & PhD students. Non is work prohibited.

Do your research well. Almost all comes with a condition or clause not to work.
If there is no condition on the permit the holder is allowed to work part time 20 hours per week.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
infofta:

If there is no condition on the permit the holder is allowed to work part time 20 hours per week.
Again, not almost all. Non of these degrees is less than a year. It's temporary residence visa given over 6 months of study.

Full time towards a degree can't come with condition not to work. It's not like an exchange program, music school, video shoot school, or technical college.

Bsc, Bsc(hons), MSc, PhD fulltime can't come with a clause not to work.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2018
infofta:

Study permit holders in South Africa are not allowed to work. What he does on the side for money is considered illegitimate by law. If both of you can prove you have sufficient money to take care of your living expenses in SA without working illegally then the visa will be approved.

My advice:
Wait for him to complete his study in December, he can apply for a work or critical skill permit. If he has offer of employment while applying he can add you as accompanying spouse immediately.

Or you can apply for critical skill permit separately in Nigeria if you qualify.
The lady in question was talking about herself not the husband.
Shoyomi:
Dear Nairalanders,

First of all, i want to appreciate this platform for being so informative and educative, it really helped me while i was applying for a South African Visa for the first time and was granted the visa 20 days after the application (even though i have never traveled out of the country before, i.e my passport was clean and clear..). Anyway, i have come to seek your help again. Will be joining my husband in South Africa by July, 2018, though he's on Student Visa which will expire by 31st Dec. 2018, my question is this, what are the required documents needed in processing an Accompanying Spouse Visa?, How long does it take to process the said visa? Will i be allowed to work over there?

Thanking you in anticipation of your quick response.
He need to sent you his study permit page, proof of residence, passport page, bank statement, proof of registration. You need to submit your marriage certificate also. Its a straight forward process & you will be granted if all documents are complete. Check vfs for other documents.

I don't think you can work with the accompanying spouse visa. There would certainly be a clause.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
Thecassanova:

The lady in question was talking about herself not the husband.

He need to sent you his study permit page, proof of residence, passport page, bank statement, proof of registration. You need to submit your marriage certificate also. Its a straight forward process & you will be granted if all documents are complete. Check vfs for other documents.

I don't think you can work with the accompanying spouse visa. There would certainly be a clause.
the argument was uncalled for. When all the papers are submitted, it will depend on whether the amount in the account will be sufficient and I am not sure a Nigerian account will work. I guess we both know what the means. I will advise she goes with inofta’s advice on waiting till study is completed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
majekdom2:
the argument was uncalled for. When all the papers are submitted, it will depend on whether the amount in the account will be sufficient and I am not sure a Nigerian account will work. I guess we both know what the means. I will advise she goes with inofta’s advice on waiting till study is completed.
It's not about what you think is better.

Allot of Nigerians with study visa have wives here with accompany spousal visa. It's not necessarily they have a fat ending statement of account or wait till study finish. All they want to see is good cash in flows. A friend got his wife the visa with less than R3k balance on his Absa statement.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thecassanova:

It's not about what you think it's better.

Allot of Nigerians with study visa have wives here with accompany spousal visa. It's not necessarily they have a fat ending statement of account or wait till study finish. All they want to see is good cash in flows. A friend got his wife the visa with less than R3k balance on his Absa statement.
Visas are not issued based on bank balance alone but the source of income and the overall situation of the applicant.
I am very sure in her husband's study permit there is a clause that states "work is prohibited". So, what will be his source of income if he sends his bank statement.
You think the visa officer will not care about it.

My point is, the husband cannot act as sponsor if he has a study permit with work restriction on it. Except his source of income is outside SA or he is allowed to work in SA.
Are you saying the poster can apply for accompanying visa as a dependant of a work restricted study permit holder. My friend, it's not a visitors visa she is applying for.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thecassanova:

It's not about what you think is better.

that’s what he may have told you, how about his wife’s account? Will you advise a man brings his spouse over with 3k rand with no job or with 3k rand with a job or perhaps a work permit that lets him get a good job. And again, the lady in question is looking to work with the said visa. I would think we give appropriate advices considering the situation properly even when it seems the out come of an event is possible.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by enthusiasm: 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2018
majekdom2:
again South Africa visa officers can be funny in my experience. to them you have an unpleasant record. The ban might still be there. It does not automatically waive. Someone has got to do it. Email: overstayappeals@dha.gov.za cc: Hilda.dlamini@dha.gov.za

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HelpingHands100: 2:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
I don't know what was obtainable before now, but I have secured 3 South African visas, 2 for short visits and 1 study permit. On the two short term visas were written, work is prohibited. But for the study permit, no such condition attached.
Can I work? Yes absolutely, but only for a limited number of hours as it will be determined by my university.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2018
HelpingHands100:
I don't know what was obtainable before now, but I have secured 3 South African visas, 2 for short visits and 1 study permit. On the two short term visas were written, work is prohibited. But for the study permit, no such condition attached.
Can I work? Yes absolutely, but only for a limited number of hours as it will be determined by my university.

You are on point. When there is such condition on the permit sponsoring a dependant becomes an issue as source of income will be difficult to prove.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2018
infofta:

Visas are not issued based on bank balance alone but the source of income and the overall situation of the applicant.
I am very sure in her husband's study permit there is a clause that states "work is prohibited". So, what will be his source of income if he sends his bank statement.
You think the visa officer will not care about it.

My point is, the husband cannot act as sponsor if he has a study permit with work restriction on it. Except his source of income is outside SA or he is allowed to work in SA.
Are you saying the poster can apply for accompanying visa as a dependant of a work restricted study permit holder. My friend, it's not a visitors visa she is applying for.
You're very sure like you approved the visa.

Stop spreading fake news on public forum by saying all study permit comes with a work prohibited clause. Most study permits comprises of Bsc Bsc(hons), Msc, PhD and non is work prohibited as they are TRV with atleast a year program.

About sponsor, this is not Uk, Canada or Australia where the VO will check relationship on who is sponsoring you. SA study permit can be sponsored by friends, Uncle, etc without showing how related the person is to you or why they wanna spend hard cash on you.

I quoted you because of this fake lies about study permit
infofta:

Study permit holders in South Africa are not allowed to work.
infofta:

Show Us prove that most Study visa are not allowed to work. Don't misguide people.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
HelpingHands100:
Thank you.

Study permit if its an exchange course, video shoot school, photography school etc can be work prohibited. But degree, diploma, masters, PhD can never be work prohibited and this is the most study permit type.

You can work as a postgraduate for up to 20hrs a week. On campus or outside. Undergraduate 10hrs a week.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
majekdom2:
that’s what he may have told you, how about his wife’s account? Will you advise a man brings his spouse over with 3k rand with no job or with 3k rand with a job or perhaps a work permit that lets him get a good job. And again, the lady in question is looking to work with the said visa. I would think we give appropriate advices considering the situation properly even when it seems the out come of an event is possible.
The analogy you gave to the lady was assuming her husband can't afford the expenses. You don't even know if he's a recipient of R120k per annum NRF bursary. Or a PhD student with fundings & also get enough money working part-time.

Schooling in SA is different from Nigeria. Enough do afford to bring their family to SA while studying its no big deal.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 6:22am On Mar 12, 2018
Thecassanova:

You're very sure like you approved the visa.

Stop spreading fake news on public forum by saying all study permit comes with a work prohibited clause. Most study permits comprises of Bsc Bsc(hons), Msc, PhD and non is work prohibited as they are TRV with atleast a year program.

About sponsor, this is not Uk, Canada or Australia where the VO will check relationship on who is sponsoring you. SA study permit can be sponsored by friends, Uncle, etc without showing how related the person is to you or why they wanna spend hard cash on you.

I quoted you because of this fake lies about study permit

Show Us prove that most Study visa are not allowed to work. Don't misguide people.

I never said all study permit comes with work restriction. It's up to the visa officer to decide. It could be on any study permit.

The holder of this study permit cannot write to SA embassy that he works part time, the permit might be cancelled.

If you are not yet convinced email or call South African embassy for clarification.

If you want to find out how to remove work restriction from a study permit inside SA read:

http://www.vfsglobal.com/dha/southafrica/study-visa-content.htm

I have met a lot of students with this issue. I know what I am writing about.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 7:23am On Mar 12, 2018
Thecassanova:

The analogy you gave to the lady was assuming her husband can't afford the expenses. You don't even know if he's a recipient of R120k per annum NRF bursary. Or a PhD student with fundings & also get enough money working part-time.

Schooling in SA is different from Nigeria. Enough do afford to bring their family to SA while studying its no big deal.

I never told her it is impossible. But difficult if the husband's permit is work restricted. In fact, there is a provision in the study permit application form for spouse to apply for accompany visa immediately.
I gave her my advice based on the information she provided.

She has visited the husband before on a visitors visa with the help of this forum. Now she wants to immigrate permanently as a Dependant (accompanying spouse) to meet her husband who is on a study permit that expires in December.

1. The husband is yet to successfully change his status to a work permit that allows him to work fully.
2, It is also proper for her to wait or go with a critical skill work permit that allows her to work full time if she qualifies for it. It's not mandatory to have a degree to qualify.

I have seen people with different immigration issues ranging from changing of status to registering their children in school due to the parents immigration status.

SA visitors visa is easy to get because the holder cannot change status inside South Africa. Many people are trapped because they refused to return back when their visa expired. They are unable to return back for proper permit as they will be given a ban at the airport. They are forced to buy fake visa stickers to avoid the Police and to get few things done which is illegal.

Let the poster post more information about the husband, then people will be able to advice her better.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 8:09am On Mar 12, 2018
People are able to bring their families to SA because they do things on the side like working or conducting business without authorization or business permit. The govt is aware and doesn't care. My advice to the lady is based on their immigration status in the country and not their financial status.

Hope you have understood my opinion.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 9:05am On Mar 12, 2018
infofta:

I never said all study permit comes with work restriction. It's up to the visa officer to decide. It could be on any study permit.

The holder of this study permit cannot write to SA embassy that he works part time, the permit might be cancelled.

If you are not yet convinced email or call South African embassy for clarification.

If you want to find out how to remove work restriction from a study permit inside SA read:

http://www.vfsglobal.com/dha/southafrica/study-visa-content.htm

I have met a lot of students with this issue. I know what I am writing about.
The image you attached is a certificate course which amount to less than 30% of study permit. Including photography course, video shooting etc as i mentioned earlier.

Degree courses >6 months such as Bsc Bsc(hons) MSc PhD constitute almost all of the acclaimed study visas (<70%), and non is work prohibited. The VO decides based on this.

You said almost all which gives a false impression or have you seen a BSC, MSc, or PhD study permit with work Prohibition?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 9:13am On Mar 12, 2018
infofta:

I never told her it is impossible. But difficult if the husband's permit is work restricted. In fact, there is a provision in the study permit application form for spouse to apply for accompany visa immediately.
I gave her my advice based on the information she provided.

She has visited the husband before on a visitors visa with the help of this forum. Now she wants to immigrate permanently as a Dependant (accompanying spouse) to meet her husband who is on a study permit that expires in December.

1. The husband is yet to successfully change his status to a work permit that allows him to work fully.
2, It is also proper for her to wait or go with a critical skill work permit that allows her to work full time if she qualifies for it. It's not mandatory to have a degree to qualify.

I have seen people with different immigration issues ranging from changing of status to registering their children in school due to the parents immigration status.

SA visitors visa is easy to get because the holder cannot change status inside South Africa. Many people are trapped because they refused to return back when their visa expired. They are unable to return back for proper permit as they will be given a ban at the airport. They are forced to buy fake visa stickers to avoid the Police and to get few things done which is illegal.

Let the poster post more information about the husband, then people will be able to advice her better.
She just asked documents for accompany visa, how long it takes and if she can work. You assumed the rest. Well she can provide more info.

Have a blessed day.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kaddy162: 11:48am On Mar 12, 2018
i submitted my application on the 7th of March and my hotel reservation was cancelled today by the hotel I booked can anyone explain what will happen to the application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by enthusiasm: 1:47pm On Mar 12, 2018
kaddy162:
i submitted my application on the 7th of March and my hotel reservation was cancelled today by the hotel I booked can anyone explain what will happen to the application

My dear nothing will happen okay? Just keep your keep your fingers crossed, if your statement of account and other documents are in order, they will issue your visa. Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by enthusiasm: 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2018
Hey People,
I submitted my passport on the 23rd of Feb and got a msg for pickup last Friday. I just collected and its successful! Visitor Visa, single entry, first time applying. Mine took exactly 10 working days.
Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
Thecassanova:

The image you attached is a certificate course which amount to less than 30% of study permit. Including photography course, video shooting etc as i mentioned earlier.

Degree courses >6 months such as Bsc Bsc(hons) MSc PhD constitute almost all of the acclaimed study visas (<70%), and non is work prohibited. The VO decides based on this.

You said almost all which gives a false impression or have you seen a BSC, MSc, or PhD study permit with work Prohibition?

I gave you the proof you required now you want proof for a PHD course.

Did you check the duration of the course?
Did you check the link I provided for you? Is the link for study permit with certificate holders? I have posted the link again for you to check.

In your analogy photography and other media courses are less important. Hence, they put conditions. For your information no consular officer will issue a study permit for a course and institution that does not meet SA National qualifications framework and immigration act requirements.

Visa officer or immigration officer at the port of entry has the right to put any condition or restriction or even cancel a visa.
Call SA embassy to verify for yourself.

I don't want to continue with this debate.

http://www.vfsglobal.com/dha/southafrica/study-visa-content.html
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
enthusiasm:
Hey People,
I submitted my passport on the 23rd of Feb and got a msg for pickup last Friday. I just collected and its successful! Visitor Visa, single entry, first time applying. Mine took exactly 10 working days.
Cheers!!!
but you claimed to have overstayed before
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by enthusiasm: 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2018
majekdom2:
but you claimed to have overstayed before

I was asking for a friend. And your answers were helpful.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jsegskenny: 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2018
Hello Fellas and Senior colleagues please I am a PhD student here and got a grant by the South African academy of Science to attend a conference in south Africa,fully funded from the third week of April, I am aware that i would be needing a short term Visa. Please how much is the visa fee and i would also appreciate any useful information as this is my first time. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2018
Jsegskenny:
Hello Fellas and Senior colleagues please I am a PhD student here and got a grant by the South African academy of Science to attend a conference in south Africa,fully funded from the third week of April, I am aware that i would be needing a short term Visa. Please how much is the visa fee and i would also appreciate any useful information as this is my first time. Thanks

Apply for a visitor's visa is about N34,000 including vfs service fee.
You are running out of time

www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bumex14: 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
enthusiasm:
Hey People,
Cheers!!!
bro, I would like to relate with u .....
pm me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by thacokeboy: 6:30pm On Mar 13, 2018
infofta:

Apply for a visitor's visa is about N34,000 including vfs service fee. You are running out of time
www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria
good day bro/sis. pls can I pm u?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 7:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
thacokeboy:
good day bro/sis. pls can I pm u?

You can.
Your query might be valuable to others if you post it here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kaddy162: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2018
I applied for my visa 3days ago and I got an SMS now to come for the pickup of my passport please was I denied or what
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2018
kaddy162:
I applied for my visa 3days ago and I got an SMS now to come for the pickup of my passport please was I denied or what
Go collect your passport first, it's probably they have issued your visa, mine took 4days.

If I may ask, do you work in a bank or a well known corporate organisation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (922) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.