Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,669 members, 7,938,026 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1812356 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (929) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

God bless you bro, this is what i wanted to hear from you

south africa visa is hard this days but i hope for the best as i submitted on the 20th

Thanks alot
It is quite unfortunate

It took me only a week after the submission of my application to get a study permit about 8 to 9 years ago during my first trip to the country.

It is quite sad now that it takes nearly two months to get the same visa just 8 years after.

Just hope for the best bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
okay thanks , please do you know the full list of docs I need to submit for visiting visa if someone is inviting me
Iamgrey5:
Yes, you are not supposed to pay before being granted a visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
saintobi009:
okay thanks , please do you know the full list of docs I need to submit for visiting visa if someone is inviting me
A certified invitation letter, Proof of address and a certified copy of the id of person inviting you.

A Six months bank statement either of the person inviting you or your own

Yellow card (take the color photocopy along with you)

International passport and 2 color photocopy of the data page

Verifiable Flight booking

A duly completed South Africa immigration form (Dha form) with two passport photographs, Fill the form with black pen and it must be in capital letters.

Visa processing fee of 32+

You can check the vfs website for more information

http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shygunXs(m): 7:34pm On Apr 03, 2019
My host sent 3 months statement. I provided my 3 months statement as well.

Iamgrey5:
A certified invitation letter, Proof of address and a certified copy of the id of person inviting you.

A duly completed South Africa immigration form (Dha form) with two passport photographs, Fill the form with black pen and it must be in capital letters.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 7:39pm On Apr 03, 2019
shygunXs:
My host sent 3 months statement. I provided my 3 months statement as well.

That is ok

I think they accept three months bank statement in lagos

The most important thing is funds inside both accounts and probably the cash flow.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timilehingeorge: 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
It is quite unfortunate

It took me only a week after the submission of my application to get a study permit about 8 to 9 years ago during my first trip to the country.

It is quite sad now that it takes nearly two months to get the same visa just 8 years after.

Just hope for the best bro.

Two months sir?

My study visa application will be 10 weeks tomorrow. I submitted January 24th!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
timilehingeorge:

Two months sir?

My study visa application will be 10 weeks tomorrow. I submitted January 24th!
Wow !

That is two months and two weeks

Nigeria has lost the respect of almost all the decent countries in the world.

Just hope for the best bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
iodineadamatine:
Hi everyone. I am a final year student in the basic Medical sciences. The course is Human Anatomy. I need your very experienced and candid advice. I intend to further my studies abroad. And by abroad, I mean outside Nigeria but not necessarily Europe.My intended destination, ( which If there's better enlightement, Is likely to change) is South Africa.

I have the cash sum of 3million at my disposal. And I don't want to drain it entirely into just study. I hope to finish the programme, in a period of about two years, and return home for business.

*please sirs/ma, is it possible for me to have enough money left to do business, After coming back, supposing I have scholarship funding, and since I intend to do part time studies, is it possible for me to invest in business over there also..

I would really appreciate and be indebted if and when my questions are attempted by experienced and educated minds. Thanks a lot.

PLEASE AND PLEASE guys, I really need your help on this, no matter how little, i'ld really appreciate, thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 8:47pm On Apr 03, 2019
iodineadamatine:

PLEASE AND PLEASE guys, I really need your help on this, no matter how little, i'ld really appreciate, thanks
I believe you need to complete your studies in Nigeria and evaluate your certificate after graduating with SAQA (the south Africa body responsible for evaluating foreign degrees like yours.

Then apply for a masters degree at any university of your choice. if accepted, you might qualify for a tuition waiver for your masters program depending on the particular institution you choose to study. You might even study for free in some universities

It is at the point of securing an admission that you will be able to make accurate estimation e.g. it is at the point you will be able to fully determine if the 3 million will be enough to fulfill your dreams.

It is a long process, so good luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I believe you need to complete your studies in Nigeria and evaluate your certificate after graduating with SAQA (the south Africa body responsible for evaluating foreign degrees like yours.

Then apply for a masters degree at any university of your choice. if accepted, you might qualify for a tuition waiver for your masters program depending on the particular institution you choose to study. You might even study for free in some universities

It is at the point of securing an admission that you will be able to make accurate estimation e.g. it is at the point you will be able to fully determine if the 3 million will be enough to fulfill your dreams.

It is a long process, so good luck.

Thanks for your very succinct reply sir, this will certainly be useful to me when the time Comes.
But please sorry for the bother. Would like you to kindly touch on the aspect of investing in business over there as a part-time student.is it by chance possible.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2019
iodineadamatine:

Thanks for your very succinct reply sir, this will certainly be useful to me when the time Comes.
But please sorry for the bother. Would like you to kindly touch on the aspect of investing over there as a part-time student.is by any chance possible.

You are welcome

@ emboldened

It's quite complicated

Starting a proper business in South Africa as an immigrant requires a business visa, but I have seen immigrants buy businesses of other immigrants without having the business visa in the past. I have also seen a lot of Nigerians doing a lot of road side business, barbing saloon etc. without proper documentation.

However, it is quite complicated like I earlier stated, hence I will simply say keep an open mind with regards to business opportunities in Sa. It might work out and it might not work out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:

You are welcome

@ emboldened

It's quite complicated

Starting a proper business in South Africa as an immigrant requires a business visa, but I have seen immigrants buy businesses of other immigrants without having the business visa in the past. I have also seen a lot of Nigerians doing a lot of road side business, barbing saloon etc. without proper documentation.

However, it is quite complicated like I earlier stated, hence I will simply say keep an open mind with regards to business opportunities in Sa. It might work out and it might not work out

Alright thanks a bunch sir, I guess I have to as you said, keep an open mind, again thanks so much, your answers have really been helpful so far.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LIFE101: 10:44pm On Apr 03, 2019
Hello everyone,i will be through with my MBA in few months and will like to go for my DBA in SA as there is no sch that do that in Nigeria...Please i will like to know which states in the SA r awesome for students and also how much will it cost me(excluding tutition fee...Just feeding,accommodation and other lil stuffs) for the period of my program which will run 3-4yrs....Though i contacted someone who talked about the university offering me a part time job...I know only PHD students must lecture part time as they r more of academic pattern so idk if it will be possible to get a job while i run my DBA program??
NOTE:: I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A SELF EMPLOYED RIGHT FROM TIME SO IVE NEVER WORKED UNDER ANYONE BEFORE NOR DO IVE ANY VOCATIONAL SKILL...THANKS
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ebose09: 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2019
Pls i need answer.
Iamgrey5

ebose09:

My travel date is close (8/4/19) and have not heard from them yet.my questions are
1:does ds mean after visa not approved
2:if approved after intended travel date can i make new arrangements and won't it after at the poe.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:02am On Apr 04, 2019
Mimicle101:
Goody people. Please I urgently need help from anyone who can.
I am currently applying for a south african study visa for my sister. I have provided medicals, insurance, acceptance letter and also details of RSA sponsor.

We have been to lagos for submission 2 times but turned back
They require undertaking letter from the learning institution.... the school wrote a letter of undertaking but it was rejected that is not the one. Am completely lost need assistance to what is exactly required. Please help anyone the school start date is 25th February 2019. So no time

How does the letter of undertaking you got from the school looks like?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 04, 2019
okay I have all this except proof of address
Iamgrey5:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:15am On Apr 04, 2019
Savagereplaya:
Good afternon my people,i am new in the house..
I have made up my mind to travel,work and reside in south africa and i already have about 500,000 thousand in my account....
Please note i dont have anybody or any place to reside,but i know if i move over there i will find accomodation
please what type of visa do i need to apply for and how much will it cost me
and again what are the necessary documents that i need to have before applying for the visa!!
What kind of work do you have in mind ? Unemployment rate is very high now unless u have skills you will not survive. 2 . What qualification do you have now ? The visa is not the problem but what visa do you qualify for is the main thing .
Thanks waiting for quotes!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timilehingeorge: 6:33am On Apr 04, 2019
Please did anyone get there visas recently... I mean study visa..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 6:49am On Apr 04, 2019
ebose09:
Pls i need answer.
Iamgrey5

It doesn't mean anything

They can still approve your visa application after your intended day of departure.

And no it doesn't affect you at point of entry

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 6:51am On Apr 04, 2019
saintobi009:
okay I have all this except proof of address
hmmm. I believe you need a certified proof of address of your host.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2019
timilehingeorge:
Please did anyone get there visas recently... I mean study visa..

Am also looking forward to hear also. These things are not funny anymore
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LIFE101: 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
LIFE101:
Hello everyone,i will be through with my MBA in few months and will like to go for my DBA in SA as there is no sch that do that in Nigeria...Please i will like to know which states in the SA r awesome for students and also how much will it cost me(excluding tutition fee...Just feeding,accommodation and other lil stuffs) for the period of my program which will run 3-4yrs....Though i contacted someone who talked about the university offering me a part time job...I know only PHD students must lecture part time as they r more of academic pattern so idk if it will be possible to get a job while i run my DBA program??
NOTE:: I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A SELF EMPLOYED RIGHT FROM TIME SO IVE NEVER WORKED UNDER ANYONE BEFORE NOR DO IVE ANY VOCATIONAL SKILL...THANKS
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
Application: 8th Feb. Lagos

Visa type: study

Passport released : 3rd April

Duration : 7 weeks 5

Wish everyone expecting their visa best of luck.

Note: Saw a lot of visa denial today.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
mroyato:

My brother we are expecting

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2019
mroyato:

Hmmm

na wa ooo

so many visa denial?

You where notified via email your visa is out right?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2019
Email and SMS

andrew444:

Hmmm

na wa ooo

so many visa denial?

You where notified via email your visa is out right?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mechango: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
mroyato:

Pls Does study Visa fall into this category ?...This is becoming scary
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jemypeters: 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
please house , how do i download the SA visa application form... someone told me there is a recent one than the one i am seeing at the VFS site... can someone please help me with the link so that i can complete my application.

Additionally, can i use my investment Advisory statement from my investment bank in place of my account statement? Help with feedback

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (929) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.