Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,416 members, 7,914,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 04:52 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1794172 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (926) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 9:31am On May 24, 2019
Geenosko:

Do the break down of your expenses

Get a letter from your bank attesting to the fact that your bank statement is legitimate

If there are lump sum deposits, explain

You may not get the visa but you would have been clear your name for future applications.

And send it via courier to the address on the refusal letter.

please will they get it if I send it through courier? Hope they will not say they did not receive it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:42am On May 24, 2019
Geenosko:

If they does not respond within the ten day window, he will be banned. So according to your logic, how can he reapply when he ignored the consulate's request for clarification?

They are already have suspicions about his bank statements and have given him the opportunity to clarify.

If he doesn't respond, the next time he applies, it will be a straight denial with the reason being fraudulent account statement on file

This is not entirely correct. It makes sense, but it is not necessarily the case.

He/she was not asked to clarify. He/she was told he/she could appeal. So it's his/her decision to make.

While I am in support of appealing, the OP must note that appeals take a long time to be concluded and it is not certain that the decision will be reversed. However, since you intend to wait for some time before re-applying, then maybe it won't be a waste of time to appeal the decision.

In my opinion, appeal and put the record straight. It's worth it. The agent already damaged your reputation. It's time to start getting it cleaned.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:43am On May 24, 2019
Ogborokiri:
Please house will 250k be enough to take me to sa i want to visit a friend

No. It will not be enough unless your friend attaches a letter that he/she will sponsor your trip and includes banking details.

Once you buy your ticket, your 250k will be remaining less than 100k, and that's small, considering the cost of living in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:51am On May 24, 2019
Hamintab:
Hi Guys,

Please i need your expert guidance on SA Visa application.

After some series of online assessment and skype interview, i have been invite for another phase of job interview in SA.

I have seen on the VFS site that they have a Visa category for interview: http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/interviews.html

We have agreed on a temporary date of June 11th for the interview, though i may reschedule a week before (especially if i dont get my visa before that time)

The coy has provided me with an invitation letter (letter says i will be attending a job interview with them and wont stay more than 10 days, specific dates not included) and a non paid flight/hotel booking booked for June 9th,10th, and 11th (they will be responsible for both).

Also advise if there is any other thing i can include to make this work.

---------------------------

Alternatively, someone has advised that i go to a tourist visa stating that i am going on vacation.
Then once the visa is granted, the i can now re-schedule the interview and go for the interview.

For both , i need your advise on the best approach as i intent to submit application on Friday or Monday.

Thanks .

albertbosun:

I believe Tourist is better for you if you have what it takes.

I disagree. The fact that it is not common does not mean that it is not a possibility. The company will be sponsoring your trip, they will be giving you all the documents you need.

I think you should explore the option of the Interview visa. It may be the better option for you, particularly if the company has to step in to contact the embassy. My thoughts though.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 9:53am On May 24, 2019
TYPOP:

This is not entirely correct. It makes sense, but it is not necessarily the case.

He/she was not asked to clarify. He/she was told he/she could appeal. So it's his/her decision to make.

While I am in support of appealing, the OP must note that appeals take a long time to be concluded and it is not certain that the decision will be reversed. However, since you intend to wait for some time before re-applying, then maybe it won't be a waste of time to appeal the decision.
In my opinion, appeal and put the record straight. It's worth it. The agent already damaged your reputation. It's time to start getting it cleaned.

My point exactly
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:24am On May 24, 2019
Geenosko:

My point exactly
brother, please, will they get it if I send it through courier? As I stay in rivers state and they specified that I have to submit through Lagos vsf.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ogborokiri(m): 10:24am On May 24, 2019
TYPOP:

No. It will not be enough unless your friend attaches a letter that he/she will sponsor your trip and includes banking details.

Once you buy your ticket, your 250k will be remaining less than 100k, and that's small, considering the cost of living in SA.
thank although we planed to get married when i get there so everything will be taking care of is just for me to meet her there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:35am On May 24, 2019
Ogborokiri:
thank although we planed to get married when i get there so everything will be taking care of is just for me to meet her there

My brother, don't plan like that o.

What happens if you get there and:
She thinks you don't look like what she had in mind or
She simply changes her mind or
Her family or friends convinces her not to go along with the plan
her number doesn't work anymore?

A lot could go wrong and you don't want to be left stranded in a strange land like that.

Also, if she is an SA girl, then the fact that you marry her makes matters worse for you as your expenses will increase, rather than your thoughts that she will take care of expenses until you get your feet on the ground.

Please and please, plan well so as not to be stranded.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ogborokiri(m): 10:42am On May 24, 2019
TYPOP:

My brother, don't plan like that o.

What happens if you get there and:
She thinks you don't look like what she had in mind or
She simply changes her mind or
Her family or friends convinces her not to go along with the plan
her number doesn't work anymore?

A lot could go wrong and you don't want to be left stranded in a strange land like that.

Also, if she is an SA girl, then the fact that you marry her makes matters worse for you as your expenses will increase, rather than your thoughts that she will take care of expenses until you get your feet on the ground.

Please and please, plan well so as not to be stranded.
Thanks bro GOD Bless you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 12:48pm On May 24, 2019
Geenosko:

If they does not respond within the ten day window, he will be banned. So according to your logic, how can he reapply when he ignored the consulate's request for clarification?

They are already have suspicions about his bank statements and have given him the opportunity to clarify.

If he doesn't respond, the next time he applies, it will be a straight denial with the reason being fraudulent account statement on file

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 12:56pm On May 24, 2019
Geenosko:

Next time he reapplies with a correct bank statement and proper documents, he will be granted a VISA. Usually when you ask even the guys at VFS for directions on how to appeal they re a bit reluctant and then they give you the address of the home affiars in Pretoria. The HA does not even have access to the application ref numbers from NG so they can't influence anything. The appeal process is just an invitation to appear fair in my honest opinion - its not like it's treated or reviewed that's what I'm saying. But as suggested OP can appeal just to satisfy his curiosity.

My suggestion is that he addresses the concerns raised and provide sufficient/adequate info in his application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 4:11pm On May 24, 2019
My country people, I was so heart broken today to have been denied visa on the ground of insufficient funds with an account statement of 1.5M and a tuition free master's program.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 4:13pm On May 24, 2019
My country people, I was so heart broken today to have been denied visa on the ground of insufficient funds with an account statement of 1.5M and a tuition free master's program.

Though I was ask to reapply within 10 days but my fear now is, won't this take another 3-4 months?

Just confused. Kindly advise house.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sirgigs: 4:26pm On May 24, 2019
Hello Guys,

Is this some sort of fraud or what? Please Guys is this the SA high commission direct line 0902 969 6234?

One clown picked the call saying he is George and works in the VI office of the high commission that i should pay 62k into Fidelity Bank 6322232836 Suleiman Zukeri [ Head of Visa Processing]

Lolzzzzz..........i no fit laugh Ooooo

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 4:29pm On May 24, 2019
cucumbar:
I just got a ups mail today and visit visa wasn’t given. Reasons:
1. insufficient funds to embark on trip( had about 1.460m in the account with very healthy transaction flow)

2. Bank Statement transactions lacks credibility (wonder what they mean by that)

I was told I could appeal within 10 working days. Do I appeal or apply again later? If so, how long do I wait before I re-apply?

Is there anyone that was denied on these grounds and later issued a visa on subsequent applications?

My brother, this thing looks like scan to me. I was denied based on these two reasons two and I am going for a tuition free program which is stated on my admission letter, I have accommodation already for my first one year with proof submitted, I have paid for health insurance already of which all these were the requirements I submitted with an account balance of 1.5M.

Yet I was denied after almost four months of waiting. I was supposed to resume semester 1 but because of the delay, my supervisor said semester 2 which will begin july. If I reapply as they said within the 10days, how sure it won't spend another 3-4months?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 4:35pm On May 24, 2019
Is it possible for one to request for his insurance since one is denied visa? And if yes, how do you go about it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 4:49pm On May 24, 2019
lordwilliem:

My brother, this thing looks like scan to me. I was denied based on these two reasons two and I am going for a tuition free program which is stated on my admission letter, I have accommodation already for my first one year with proof submitted, I have paid for health insurance already of which all these were the requirements I submitted with an account balance of 1.5M.

Yet I was denied after almost four months of waiting. I was supposed to resume semester 1 but because of the delay, my supervisor said semester 2 which will begin july. If I reapply as they said within the 10days, how sure it won't spend another 3-4months?

My brother having read ur write up I dont know how I feel. Is very sad. After almost 4 months of waiting now these? And oky as if that's not enough the money u spent in all that.

Is really so heartbreaking.

Oky I dont know what to advice in these instances that you reapply with same documentations or suddenly creat a new one and reapply?

I am patiently waiting cos hopefully next week maybe there should be something cos that would make it 13 to 14 weeks.

I only pray for divine favour cos it seem they are intentionally doing some funny things

Meanwhile am really sorry for the disappointments.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 4:58pm On May 24, 2019
lordwilliem:
Is it possible for one to request for his insurance since one is denied visa? And if yes, how do you go about it?

Did you also had a sponsor and is his bank statement attached
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sirgigs: 5:28pm On May 24, 2019
Those Guys are just using all forms of baseless excuses to deny Nigerians abeg.
Now take a look at the reasons they gave me. This is the second refusal yet its a official business engagement.

First time they said Unverifiable Invite Letter - We approached our Partners in SA who confirmed nobody called or mail them

So we had to get a revised invited letter and boom another story of no flight detail of arrival and departure ports when every was boldly printed out on the flight booking paper Ooooo.

Also. what is the meaning of No reference letter from the bank confirming signatory - After attaching same bank statement as we did 1st time but with a more recent date duly stamped at the bank with balance of over 700Million naira. I thought they always called the banks or where they just lazy?

Why didn't they tick this as basis of refusal the first time?

Anyway, i am not even interested in their business going forward.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:22pm On May 24, 2019
lordwilliem:

Which medical aid is this? Momentum or CompCare?

I know Momentum has a way of allowing you to defer part of the insurance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2019
sirgigs:
Now take a look at the reasons they gave me. This is the second refusal yet its a official business engagement.

First time they said Unverifiable Invite Letter - We approached our Partners in SA who confirmed nobody called or mail them

So we had to get a revised invited letter and boom another story of no flight detail of arrival and departure ports when every was boldly printed out on the flight booking paper Ooooo.

Also. what is the meaning of No reference letter from the bank confirming signatory - After attaching same bank statement as we did 1st time but with a more recent date duly stamped at the bank with balance of over 700Million naira. I thought they always called the banks or where they just lazy?

Surely, it is their loss as you were going to use your money for the benefit of the country.

I agree. The embassy sometimes look for flimsy excuses to reject applications. Too bad.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 9:41pm On May 24, 2019
Mimicle101:

My brother having read ur write up I dont know how I feel. Is very sad. After almost 4 months of waiting now these? And oky as if that's not enough the money u spent in all that.

Is really so heartbreaking.

Oky I dont know what to advice in these instances that you reapply with same documentations or suddenly creat a new one and reapply?

I am patiently waiting cos hopefully next week maybe there should be something cos that would make it 13 to 14 weeks.

I only pray for divine favour cos it seem they are intentionally doing some funny things

Meanwhile am really sorry for the disappointments.
This denial actually look somehow.To me,l don't think 1.5million should be insufficient for study visa.After wasting his precious time.l am beginning to give up on South Africa study visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hotice1954: 10:50pm On May 24, 2019
dangervu:
]
do you have an idea of how to go about this appeal process?

I’d advise you just reapply. Appealing takes about 6months or more. You can get more info about it on the VFS site
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hayohorje: 11:01pm On May 24, 2019
The reference letter from the bank is only applicable and mandatory if you are using a company corporate account. The bank must confirm the signatory to the account. For more info you can check the checklist on Vfs website because this particular information is contained therein.
sirgigs:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hayohorje: 11:07pm On May 24, 2019
Did you lodge a huge sum of money into your account prior to submission of your application. If so then that suggest the reason why they ticked account not credible. It once happened to me and I had to leave the money in the account for like 2 months before reapplying and I was granted the 2nd time.
lordwilliem:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sirgigs: 11:20pm On May 24, 2019
hayohorje:
The reference letter from the bank is only applicable and mandatory if you are using a company corporate account. The bank must confirm the signatory to the account. For more info you can check the checklist on Vfs website because this particular information is contained therein.

Bros, there is nothing like reference bank letter on Vfs website
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shex202(m): 6:29am On May 25, 2019
Thanks for the information.
I plan spending 6nights in SA and the hotel I found wants me to make a deposit for 2 nights before a confirmation letter will be sent to me. While the balance payment will be paid in cash upon arrival.
According to the Hotel the confirmation letter will state that a deposit of Rxxxxx has been paid for 6 nights.
Please will this arrangement work because I have where to stay for the remaining 4 days but I don't want to disclose to the immigration officer?
Or do you advise I make full payment here in 9ja?

Sage7:

Chief, make sure you book & pay. They won’t allow you check-in in Nigeria. They verify anything verifiable at MMA.

I just passed through SA immigration about 1hr ago, they keep sidelining the young looking guys for reasons best known to them. I can’t even start typing the reasons ‘cuz I was able to confirm from some of them.

Know what you filled in your forms too.

Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 10:10am On May 25, 2019
hayohorje:
Did you lodge a huge sum of money into your account prior to submission of your application. If so then that suggest the reason why they ticked account not credible. It once happened to me and I had to leave the money in the account for like 2 months before reapplying and I was granted the 2nd time.

Like how much is one supposed to have in his account?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 10:12am On May 25, 2019
TYPOP:

Which medical aid is this? Momentum or CompCare?

I know Momentum has a way of allowing you to defer part of the insurance.

Momentum....

How do one go about?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 10:17am On May 25, 2019
[quote author=Mimicle101 post=78683437]

Did you also had a sponsor and is his bank statement attached [/q]

No sponsor. Just my personal account. But I am considering adding a sponsor to mine and reapply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 11:53am On May 25, 2019
[quote author=lordwilliem post=78701112][/quote]

Oky thanks bro.

If u can maybe u should.

Am stil on the waiting list
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 2:50pm On May 25, 2019
shex202:
Thanks for the information.
I plan spending 6nights in SA and the hotel I found wants me to make a deposit for 2 nights before a confirmation letter will be sent to me. While the balance payment will be paid in cash upon arrival.
According to the Hotel the confirmation letter will state that a deposit of Rxxxxx has been paid for 6 nights.
Please will this arrangement work because I have where to stay for the remaining 4 days but I don't want to disclose to the immigration officer?
Or do you advise I make full payment here in 9ja?

Your plan to book for two nights should be fine.

You must have nothing less than 300-500 dollars at hand. If you don’t have, they won’t check you in until you buy at MMA.

A guy was begging because he had just 200 dollars for 5 days with cash in MasterCard though he booked his hotel already.

I don’t know when they started this level of scrutiny but be prepared.

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (926) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.