Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,136 members, 7,928,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:40 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1806234 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (928) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
TYPOP:

Congrats pal. Please include your SAQA with your application documents for visa. Sometimes it's necessary, other times, it's not. But you don't know who will attend to you.
Am still on it. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2014
Hello everyone. I intend to apply for a visitors visa to visit SA for a conference that would take place on October 9 - 10. Please I would like to know the current processing time for Lagos. Anyone who has recently applied in Lagos please let me know.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 10:28am On Aug 31, 2014
For the past 5 weeks am still waiting for my study permit, this process is taking too long,...am time constraint and so frustrated right now...did anybody know what could be done to hasten up this process?.....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2014
yinchar: For the past 5 weeks am still waiting for my study permit, this process is taking too long,...am time constraint and so frustrated right now...did anybody know what could be done to hasten up this process?.....
5 weeks and you are complaining? Try call their lines and know what is going on in there. Mine took about 6 weeks at Abuja. You have nothing to worry about, just chill.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
There is no fixed time for processing d visa. It could take between two to four weeks depending on a number of factors and you may be lucky to have it processed within one week. However, I will advise you to put in your application 1st week of sept since you intend to travel before 9th october. All d best
sovpounds: Hello everyone. I intend to apply for a visitors visa to visit SA for a conference that would take place on October 9 - 10. Please I would like to know the current processing time for Lagos. Anyone who has recently applied in Lagos please let me know.

Thank you.
t
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
yinksob002: There is no fixed time for processing d visa. It could take between two to four weeks depending on a number of factors and you may be lucky to have it processed within one week. However, I will advise you to put in your application 1st week of sept since you intend to travel before 9th october. All d best t

Thank you so much.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 8:46am On Sep 01, 2014
Is it possible to book for an international flight at the airline stand at any airport?(International airports or the local airport at the city where I stay)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drunkenmaster: 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
hi, i applied for a SA visa an got denied for reason 'insufficient funds'. Although i'm very curious because i submitted 2 statement of account. My salary account had 150k and my savings a/c had 800k, making a total of 950k. So is 950k not enough for to prove to the officer that i have enough funds?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
drunkenmaster: hi, i applied for a SA visa an got denied for reason 'insufficient funds'. Although i'm very curious because i submitted 2 statement of account. My salary account had 150k and my savings a/c had 800k, making a total of 950k. So is 950k not enough for to prove to the officer that i have enough funds?

From your tone,I could infer you are applying for visiting visa,and that should be enough I guess.Maybe there was a mix up somewhere,like you said you submitted two statement of accounts,maybe only one was considered.#mythoughts#
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drunkenmaster: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Emasel:

From your tone,I could infer you are applying for visiting visa,and that should be enough I guess.Maybe there was a mix up somewhere,like you said you submitted two statement of accounts,maybe only one was considered.#mythoughts#

@Emasel: Thanks for the reply. Yeah it's a visitor Visa. That's what i feel too. I'm thinking or re applying and attaching a letter stating I attached 2 bank statements with their total balances indicated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oddybabs(m): 7:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
yinksob002: 1) You can get a new Int'l passport between 18k - 20k
2) The visa application fee to south africa is N18,000.00
3) For ticket fares, you can budget between N105,000.00 to N110,000.00 depending on the airline you intend using
4) To apply for SA visa, the following docs are required:
- International passport (you will need to make two copies of the Bio data page as well)
- Duly completed visa application form with two passport photographs (white background)
- Yellow fever vaccination card
- Personal Bank Statement or Sponsor's bank statement (whichever is applicable to you)
- Hotel Booking
- Flight reservation
- Letter of Introduction from your employer or Self letter of introduction in case you are self employed
- Payment of prescribed application fee at the VFS office (i.e N18,000.00)
- photocopies of previous visas (if any)
is this applicable to all categories of visa I.e study,work,tourist visa etc. Is it easy for nigerians to get job there for a fresh graduate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 5:05am On Sep 02, 2014
TYPOP:

A lot of applications are still pending at the moment actually. Once you have your receipt, you are free to walk around. All the best.
. [quote author=harlyon]Is it possible to book for an international flight at the airline stand at any airport?(International airports or the local airport at the city where I stay)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:49am On Sep 02, 2014
This only applies to Visitors visa
oddybabs: is this applicable to all categories of visa I.e study,work,tourist visa etc. Is it easy for nigerians to get job there for a fresh graduate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:47am On Sep 03, 2014
chemashie: may be you can send a letter by post to him and get someone to drop it on his table. Was the letter addressed to him or academic affairs?

The young man went to AAUA and (I assume) spoke with the registrar. The letter was addressed to the Registrar directly. Any help?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:48am On Sep 03, 2014
harlyon: Is it possible to book for an international flight at the airline stand at any airport?(International airports or the local airport at the city where I stay)

Where do you stay sir?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 6:49am On Sep 03, 2014
TYPOP:

Where do you stay sir?
. Warri,Delta State
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 10:08am On Sep 03, 2014
TYPOP:

The young man went to AAUA and (I assume) spoke with the registrar. The letter was addressed to the Registrar directly. Any help?
The guy should have asked the secretary to the Registrar if they have received any letter or not by checking through the incoming (if received) mails and outgoing (if has been attended to by Registrar) mails. After confirming the receipt and dispatching of the mail at the Registrar's office, he should proceed to the Exams and Records where the information is expected to be supplied and sent back to SAQA. The guy will need to pay some fees at the exams and records before they can send back the report; if not, the mail will remain in the unit for as long as God knows. That is how a guy lost his admission in Finland waiting for school to reply not knowing that some fees are attached to the service.
In summary, he needs to check at Registrar's office first and proceed to the exams and records unit for the processing.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oddybabs(m): 10:09am On Sep 03, 2014
yinksob002: This only applies to Visitors visa
thanks for ur responses. Pls wat can make embassy to refuse to grant someone visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kemkem30(f): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hi everyone, my husband just got refused a visa. The reason given was: false documents. He is a lecturer, he won a post doctoral grant. All documents related to the grant were submitted including The university in South Africa's acceptance letter. His hotel booking for 6 weeks. Proof of payment of the first tranch of his grant (9600 dollars).
Do they do administrative review. Or does he have to reapply?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
kemkem30: Hi everyone, my husband just got refused a visa. The reason given was: false documents. He is a lecturer, he won a post doctoral grant. All documents related to the grant were submitted including The university in South Africa's acceptance letter. His hotel booking for 6 weeks. Proof of payment of the first tranch of his grant (9600 dollars).
Those guys can be funny at times; may be he ought to have used other proof of accommodation in the application instead of hotel. He has nothing to worry about, let him reapply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kemkem30(f): 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
chemashie: Those guys can be funny at times; may be he ought to have used other proof of accommodation in the application instead of hotel. He has nothing to worry about, let him reapply.
I wish I know what document exactly they think is false. So u think the problem might be the hotel reservation? How else can he get proof of accommodation. The university said they can't help with accommodation. It's UKZN Durban.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 9:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
kemkem30:
I wish I know what document exactly they think is false. So u think the problem might be the hotel reservation? How else can he get proof of accommodation. The university said they can't help with accommodation. It's UKZN Durban.
Let him get an accommodation and reapply with the letter indicating where he is going to stay during his program. Besides, we have a reliable guy who is also an active member of this thread in that school. His username is samtol4. I will call his attention to this question through my BB.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
kemkem30: Hi everyone, my husband just got refused a visa. The reason given was: false documents. He is a lecturer, he won a post doctoral grant. All documents related to the grant were submitted including The university in South Africa's acceptance letter. His hotel booking for 6 weeks. Proof of payment of the first tranch of his grant (9600 dollars).
.He will surely reapply and this time around the visa will be issued. Since the Embassy didn't state which of documents are fake ,can you please itemized the documents he submitted at the embassy.2.who gave him all the documents he submitted .3.When there are contradictions in documents and no clarity embassy can tagged "Fake"even when documents are genuine .4.Most times for study permit proof of accommodation is required not hotel booking ,however two weeks ago a friend of mine got study permit using hotel booking as proof of residence,meaning your hubby application was not denied because of proof of residence and for a PhD holder to be denied there is need for cross examining of those documents .In a nutshell cross check the source of all documents.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
.He will surely reapply and this time around the visa will be issued. Since the Embassy didn't state which of documents are fake ,can you please itemized the documents he submitted at the embassy.2.who gave him all the documents he submitted .3.When there are contradictions in documents and no clarity embassy can tagged "Fake"even when documents are genuine .4.Most times for study permit proof of accommodation is required not hotel booking ,however two weeks ago a friend of mine got study permit using hotel booking as proof of residence,meaning your hubby application was not denied because of proof of residence and for a PhD holder to be denied there is need for cross examining of those documents .In a nutshell cross check the source of all documents.(Let him get proof of accommodation in case the hotel booking is questionable).
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kemkem30(f): 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
samtol4: .He will surely reapply and this time around the visa will be issued. Since the Embassy didn't state which of documents are fake ,can you please itemized the documents he submitted at the embassy.2.who gave him all the documents he submitted .3.When there are contradictions in documents and no clarity embassy can tagged "Fake"even when documents are genuine .4.Most times for study permit proof of accommodation is required not hotel booking ,however two weeks ago a friend of mine got study permit using hotel booking as proof of residence,meaning your hubby application was not denied because of proof of residence and for a PhD holder to be denied there is need for cross examining of those documents .In a nutshell cross check the source of all documents.(Let him get proof of accommodation in case the hotel booking is questionable).
He is to spend 6 weeks at kwazulu natal writing up a post doctoral research and 4 weeks at Harvard to conclude the write up. He was advised to do B1/B2 for US that's why we chose tourist visa for SA since be is spending less than 3 months. He submitted
1: letter of post doctoral award (original which they didn't return)
2: acceptance letter from UKZN (printed from his email)
3: acceptance letter from Harvard
4:evidence of payment of 9600 dollars to a dom account (first tranch of award money received)
5:another statement of account for a naira account that has 400,000naira but showing regular flow of money
6: 6 weeks hotel booking he got a confirmation letter from the the hotel. This letter has a number that could be called.
7:Yellow card
8: letter of introduction from a nigerian university where he lectures
I will really like to know what could be fake here. The only thing he got help with, was the hotel booking which was done by a former student of his who is currently doing his PhD in SA. He got all other documents himself.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Canadidacy(m): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
»» Kemkem30, am sure your husband applied through Vfs. The procedure for Study visa differs from Visiting also the visa fees differs. Tell him to go to The Embassy on Monday -Wed with all the documents, they will be the one to authorise him to pay visa and repatriation fees. He ought to purchase Medical insurance too. Hope this helps.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kemkem30(f): 5:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
Canadidacy: »» Kemkem30, am sure your husband applied through Vfs. The procedure for Study visa differs from Visiting also the visa fees differs. Tell him to go to The Embassy on Monday -Wed with all the documents, they will be the one to authorise him to pay visa and repatriation fees. He ought to purchase Medical insurance too. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for this. From my research, study visa is for those going for at least 3 months. My hubby's research is just for 6 weeks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
@kemkem .let your husband go to the embassy I think he need study permit since the purpose of coming to SA is academic purpose not visiting irrespective of the period.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kemkem30(f): 2:17am On Sep 05, 2014
samtol4: @kemkem .let your husband go to the embassy I think he need study permit since the purpose of coming to SA is academic purpose not visiting irrespective of the period.
Ok then. Thank u all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:18am On Sep 05, 2014
harlyon: . Warri,Delta State

If there is an Arik or SAA stand there, yes, you may book it. You will need two flights, one local (from Waari to Lag) and the other international.

Otherwise, go online to apply and then pay at the bank, or send someone to go to Lagos.

Cheers.
chemashie: The guy should have asked the secretary to the Registrar if they have received any letter or not by checking through the incoming (if received) mails and outgoing (if has been attended to by Registrar) mails. After confirming the receipt and dispatching of the mail at the Registrar's office, he should proceed to the Exams and Records where the information is expected to be supplied and sent back to SAQA. The guy will need to pay some fees at the exams and records before they can send back the report; if not, the mail will remain in the unit for as long as God knows. That is how a guy lost his admission in Finland waiting for school to reply not knowing that some fees are attached to the service.
In summary, he needs to check at Registrar's office first and proceed to the exams and records unit for the processing.

Thanks baba Rhodes. Will advise as you stated.

1 Like

oddybabs: thanks for ur responses. Pls wat can make embassy to refuse to grant someone visa

A lot of reasons. What reason did they give?

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (928) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.