Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,565 members, 7,941,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed (2126 Views)

Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption / P0420 Code Fix, High Fuel Consumption To Be Fixed. / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed by NJN: 7:54am On May 23, 2012
I use a Honda Accord (2000/2001) model. The car consumes fuel like water. The mechanics don't seem to know what to do as they keep suggesting different things everyday. I'm based in kaduna and would like an advise on what to do to get this fixed. I really need to. ( I buy full tank every week, just for inside town movement, basically from home to work and weekend run-arounds.)

Thank you.
Re: High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed by feelamong(m): 8:52am On May 23, 2012
Is there any light showing up on the dash board? go and get the car scanned for any OBD -11 troble code..A lot of things could cause this problem...
Re: High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed by NJN: 10:24am On May 23, 2012
yes...on starting, the engine, battery and engine oil light all come up b4 full ignition. once engine comes up, only the side airbag light comes up.

i hope to do the scan thing but can't seem to get any workshop here in kad. i've decided to get that done in abuja.
Re: High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed by gulfer: 11:09am On May 23, 2012
Follow this thread, you may be lucky to have similar issues and not require extensive search after doing the scan.https://www.nairaland.com/937564/help-car-consuming-too-much
Re: High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed by NnamdiChidi(m): 11:15am On May 23, 2012
let them clean ur injector nuzzle n filter
Re: High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed by NJN: 2:47pm On May 23, 2012
thanks nnamdi and gulfer...actually the latest thing the mechanic suggested had to do with the nozzle and silencer...just don't want anymore guess work by them.

so, i guess i'll just have the scan done, and work on the nozzle...

more advise would be appreciated...
Re: High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed by gulfer: 3:07pm On May 23, 2012
NJN: thanks nnamdi and gulfer...actually the latest thing the mechanic suggested had to do with the nozzle and silencer...just don't want anymore guess work by them.

so, i guess i'll just have the scan done, and work on the nozzle...

more advise would be appreciated...
I call your monicker NJN(In Jesus Name), i beg that you scan the vehicle first before you do any work especially as prescribed by guess work artists-mechanic.
Re: High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed by NJN: 4:03pm On May 23, 2012
tnks man...will surely do.

on d monicker, nice guess, but not it. though, i must admit dt sounds real cool too.
Re: High Fuel Consumption In Car-help Needed by cardoctor(m): 1:47pm On May 24, 2012
You did not specify if your Honda is a V6 engined model which can be quite thirsty on fuel especially if you do a lot of harsh accelerations while cruising or from standstill.

Anyway, most of the problems weve solved regarding high fuel consumptions (especially with cars imported from the U.S) is caused by the 02 sensor/s which get corrupted due to the various grades and quality of fuel that we use here in Nigeria. I would recommend that you change yours with a BRAND NEW one. Do not go for a second hand as it may also be faulty.

I would also suggest that you carry out a proper scan with live data stream check on your fuel trim percentage as well as checking your o2 sensors.

A defective o2 sensor could drastically alter the fuel trim of your car engine and although you may not notice any operational problems, it may cause your car to be guzzling fuel like mad.

(1) (Reply)

New Engine But Car Not Working Well / Here Are 8 Engines You Have To Avoid / GLK 350 4matic Battery Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.