Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,816 members, 7,872,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:54 PM

Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience (75736 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. / Life In The Usa As A Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 1:30am On Nov 23, 2007
In a sprawling street of Athens, the popular area where Nigerians are mainly concentrated in the haphazardly. . . area of the city, near Omonia square. Greece is a very, very beautiful country, but you rarely see Nigerians living up to expectations. . . (Please check previous page for others photos)

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by minsk: 8:12am On Nov 23, 2007
You're right about the Baltic States and Malta as I've been there. Greece as well because my younger brother is there.
People should read and learn from this post.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by minsk: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2007
Hope and promises of future Nah, nah, nah!! That can only come from within.
Never wait for any country to provide you with hopes and promises for future.

Thats the reason why many Nigerians are complaining that life is hard in UK and Overseas.
Because majority are looking for jobs.

Those that create opportunities for themselves are not complaining.
And you can create oppotunities anywhere, whether in Czech, Swiss, Estonia, Germany,or wherever.
The bottomline is quality of life. And this is the reason people are leaving Nigeria. Quality of life is low.
These people are not leaving because of hope and promises for future. These people just want a better standard of living.A better place to school. A place where electricity works just fine and there is no fear of Armed robbery.
A place where you can move around the city in reasonable time.Just a good place where things work fine.

And I think the countries you mentioned provide these things pretty good.

I hope you are not one of those guys that collect money from unsuspecting Nigerians only to take them to hell. Just recently somebody took 800,000 from my younger brother only to dump him in Turkey. ROBBERY, STEALING, DRUG DEALING, and FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES are not opportunities. They are criminal acts that have done considerable damage to the image of Nigeria. People do not travel because there isn't constant power supply in Nigeria. I've been to 44 countries in 10 yrs, and I know the evil our people do all over the world.
Did you copy your original post off the internet?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 9:40am On Nov 23, 2007
minsk:

I hope you are not one of those guys that collect money from unsuspecting Nigerians only to take them to hell. Just recently somebody took 800,000 from my younger brother only to dump him in Turkey. ROBBERY, STEALING, DRUG DEALING, and FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES are not opportunities. They are criminal acts that have done considerable damage to the image of Nigeria. People do not travel because there isn't constant power supply in Nigeria. I've been to 44 countries in 10 yrs, and I know the evil our people do all over the world.
Did you copy your original post off the internet?

Ha, Minsk! Everything i wrote is original, from my personal experience, i was in these countries myself, i spent time integrating with the locals as well as with the Nigerian comunities, and i confirm that everything i wrote is a first hand information from my personal observations.
***I understand that you added someone's quote in your post, could you please edit the quote in your post to distinguish it so that people won't think you wrote it yourself, at least, a quotation mark can do it.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by funkybaby(f): 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2007
Honestly, i dont see any sense/lessons to learn in this thread or the pictures.

What would carry an average,'educated' naija man to estonia 0

1 Like

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by funkybaby(f): 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2007
what is with the picture of the cat on your laps and the comment 'cats are not witches'?? Should you get a medal for having a cat. Talking as if nairalanders are dumb.

'Cats are not witches', hiss!

1 Like

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by K2: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2007
@Vic, Just shake the haters off. Let me paraphrase the words of Maitaima Sule. Some folks are determined to hate (dislike) you even if you do something good. Na you get time to dey post piksho.
So what if you decide to globetrot through 12 countries in 5 years? What is it at their expense? Even if you did it looking for a wife and so what? If na me I go just tell dem to overdose on hot bleach.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by xgbovo: 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2007
Great! but wat abt us that [s][/s]have not been to anywhere apart form the usual Yaba where we buy daale and oshodi at iya basira place where we eat hot plates of amala
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 12:21am On Nov 24, 2007
K2:

@Vic, Just shake the haters off. Let me paraphrase the words of Maitaima Sule. Some folks are determined to hate (dislike) you even if you do something good. Na you get time to dey post piksho.
So what if you decide to globetrot through 12 countries in 5 years? What is it at their expense? Even if you did it looking for a wife and so what? If na me I go just tell them to overdose on hot bleach.

Thank you, K2, i get more strength with guys like you. and as for those busy-body Critics, let them count the countries one by one again: the figure is even more than the 12 that they worry about. To God be the glory:
Malta, the Czech Rep, Russia, Germany, Greece, Turkey, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Croatia, Canada, Benin Rep. Nigeria, France, Ireland, England, Italy and Spain
  And whatever took me to these countries is none of their business, i have the capability of conscious choice and decision and intention to go wherever i please. I'd answer that question if they asked in a decent manner.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Akolawole(m): 12:23am On Nov 24, 2007
@Funkybabe

Is there any problem Baby?

Let the guy be but shoot me a mail

olowori mi kiss kiss kiss
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 12:48am On Nov 24, 2007
d_chosen1:

hi vicjustice
i love your article,u re just the boom.Hit me up on falorepaul1@yahoo.com.i have sum questions for u that r kind of private.

Hi, d_chosen1.
At your request, i tried to send you an email, but i just received a report that it failed. Perhaps you should give me a valid contact whatsoever. Cheers.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by funkybaby(f): 11:42am On Nov 24, 2007
@akolawole

Alright. Mo ti gbo. You make me weak and soften up when you address me with that phrase. I'll send you an email tomorrow. Thanks.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ineh: 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2007
Hello there,

this article may not be complete but its not far from the truth.

What fascinates me about Nigerians is when important issues are raised, some people do not even raise important questions or make an enquiry on the topic. Other prefer to deceive those that aspire to travel by telling them that all is green in other contries even in Russia.

I have lived in France now since 2004 & i have seen Nigerian & other African who barely make ends meet. With the Sarkozy (President of France) program immigrants have worse days ahead. You need to go to some quarters where Nigerians live, its a life of misery. My point here is even in countries like France immigrants are living poorly.

There was a documentary by France 2 ( French national TV stations) and blacks living in Russian are having a hell of a time. Foreign student are being killed and harassed on a daily basis & the Putin (president of Russian) govt does not care as this Skin heads protects him. they said they want a pure Russian where everyone is blond and blued eyes. even immigrants from other Asian countries are having it bad.

As for Malta, illegal immigrants have a camp where they leave. As their boats land, they are taken to this camp. They cannot leave the camp and cannot integrate into the society. Ask the Somalians they have stories to tell as they are many there. These immigrants when interviewed preferred to return to Africa.

So i suggest that when someone writes an intelligent artice instead criticizing, we should instead make research to see if the person is telling the truth.

Having leave abroad for awhile now ( France now China), the best place to be would be Nigeria. If only our Leaders would understand that. Don't get me wrong, I M not suffering in anyway. I get relatively better treatment because of my husband. But the reality is too Obvious
Well done Vicjustice
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 2:41pm On Nov 25, 2007
SeunsPenis:

all these diasporic sufferers - give me their p ussy.
Nothing better to say?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by blueband(m): 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2007
Portugal
Many black people and immigrants.A good place for a hustler.You will be competeing with Angolans,Mozambicans and Brazillians for cleaning and gaurd jobs.You will have to learn Portuguese to make a head way if you intend to get a good job.The economy is not that good so if you are looking for a middle level job then forget it.

Malta
Tourism only.So you will make a lot of money if you sell drugs or are a yahoo boy.But because it is such a small country you will get caught before you say jack robinson.The prison in Valleta looks old from outside but I hear t is actually a nice place.

U.K
The best place to live other than home.Remain in Peckham(if you like doing menial jobs,cos you will find a Nigerian who will help you out) or West Thamesmead(if you are a yahoo boy.Every Nigerian in West Thamesmead is considered a yahoo boy until proven otherwise.Nigerians fear Nigerians in West Thamesmead)

Holland
Good country for ladies.Stay out of Rotterdam and Amsterdaam.Move up north to Groningen.The red light zone is still under populated.In Rotterdaam you will see many Nigerian ladies standing almost naked in windows.Names like Igbenidion,Osunbor,Osahon are commonly heard when walking down the red light district.If you are a lady you will make it very well in Rotterdaam.As for guys-yahoo yahoo is also a good venture

U.S.A

The American Dream as they call it.Be careful-America has the toughest laws on earth.Life in prison is life in prison.Minimum sentence for armed robbery in some states is 30 years and no chance of parole.If you are hard working and you can marry an American then the sky is your starting point.

Mali

They still use donkey drawn carts as taxis.Most barbers in Bamako are Nigerians who have stopped by enroute Europe.You will see all kinds of Nigerians there.Not a very good place to find yourself in.You will be forced to even give the citizens some of your money out of pity.They are very poor.

Bobo Dialaso/Ougadogou(Burkina Fasso)
Bobo Dialaso-the town that never sleeps.Alcohol and prostituion rule!Good toursit destination or if enroute Europe via Sahara Desert!
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2007
romeo:

Italy and Spain are not mentioned in your list of visited countries!! and why were you offering quack advice on them? man go get a life and stop editing your posts to look like a saint, HYPOCRITE

Which Ndi-igbo use the slogan "Onitsha boys" to describe the less educated? stupid tribalist
romeo:

The issue is that you did not mention a single thing Nigerians in Spain and Italy are doing to warrant this name smearing, and for that your post about them is ignorant and stupid

You have said it all there qouting yourself about the Yorubas and Onitsha boys in Greece, whether it was in the past or present, according to you the good ones (the Yorubas) were replaced by the bad ones ( Onitsha boys)

And you did not comment on the Ireland thing in my post and i guessed you are in Dublin, so i am sorry if you are one of them too

romeo:

I am in Spain and i have gone round the whole of Europe too, but your statement about our nationals in Spain, Italy and Greece is stupid and ignorant  and the fact that you said that the few good Nigerians in Greece are Yorubas and some few other Nigerian students and that the lousy ones are "onitsha boys" makes your story ridiculously lacking credibility (sounds like ethnic mud slinging to me)

And you did not mention anything about where you are staying!!! how our people there are faring, and if you are in Dublin you should know that the Nigerians in Greece are saints compared to the people in Ireland[/color]
my 2 cents
[color=#006600]Mr Romeo,
Giving informations or impressions that lack justification because you enjoy being recognised and praised for reason of your location is simply unfair and unsuitable: such behaviour is absolutely uncalled-for.
Are you trying to say that the Nigerians in Italy and in Spain (that you supposedly reside) are living any better than those in Greece?
NO way. In fact, many Nigerians in these two countries moved over to Greece after the Italian and Spanish authorities began to send them home in mass deportation: perhaps you managed to escape the raids.
Come to think about these:
*How many Nigerians in Italy or Spain entered the countries in genuine ways (if not by using "resemblance" passports or crossing the Mediterranean sea from Morocco)?
*How many Nigerians in Italy or Spain are doing noble jobs like those in the UK or Ireland?
*How many Nigerians in Italy and Spain properly deserve resident permits (if not for the past mercies of the authorities to do mass distribution of residence permits for those frustrated illegal immigrants)?
*How many Nigerian women that were/are not involved in road-side prostitution or human trafficking in Italy and Spain?
*How many Nigerian men that were/are not involved in door to door hawking toilet papares and under-wears and occasionally begging for money in Italy and Spain?
*How many Nigerian men that were/are not kept at home by Nigerian "sugar mummies" madams who would fend for their needs as long as they remain their gigolos "poure boys"?
I know of someone who use to go on door to door hawking, sometimes, he'd ring the bell at the main doors and instead of the doors being opened or at least answered, he'd see someone open an upstair window or a balcony and throw down some coins to him saying "Thank you, but we don't want to buy anything". Sometimes, there are notes at the door stating things like "NO HAWKERS PLEASE" OR "HAWKERS BEWARE OF DOGS".
So, how is it that you now try to claim that the Nigerians in Greece, Italy or your Spain are "saints"?
Man, forget about your location and stop deceiving yourself, just come out with the truth: even if you're one of these funny guys in Spain.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by funkybaby(f): 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2007
@blueband

Lol. Very nice post. Had me laughing, especially about the italo girls and the thamesmead guys. Not very far from the truth. Nice piece.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by blueband(m): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2007
Thanks @ funkybaby
Any chance living in West Thamesmead?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by funkybaby(f): 9:57am On Nov 26, 2007
@blueband
Thamesmead ké? My dear, lai lai. But i have some few friends there and i fear them no be small. Expensively furnished cribs and i cant say this is where they work.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by shey(m): 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2007
@vicjustice
well i appreciate your intention to inform people before they put money together and decide to make a go abroad. actually most of us forget that communication is important were ever u find ur self in this life nad that if u cant communicate u are in a gig SHIT. alot of our people move from frying pan to fire, can u believe it there are some people that cant afford to pay theire ticket back to nigeria from uk coss they have been out of job for months and have been moving from friends to friends /
some of them were ok in nigeria before they left but now here no paper means big troubleits only if u are lucky that u get soem thing to do and moreover british people are now replacing us{blacks }with these new eu members so its are no more like before it seems tthe party is gradually comming to an end~God forbid, polish and others are doing does jobs black are doing before and its ok for agency guys they need no check on there papers coss they are eu members
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by suze(f): 9:54am On Nov 29, 2007
what about iceland,turkey, ukraine and bulgaria. Does anyone know anything about these places.

I'm particularly interested in iceland and alaska. I wonder if there are any nigerians there because its extemely cold there.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Bosdem(f): 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2007
Vicjustice, thats for ur article i must say its very informative.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by olat(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2007
@victjustice.

Let me emphatically tell you that your thread should be nominated for the "thread of the year" award. That was a very good thinking.
EVERYBODY in da house appreciate your thread including the critics.

As a matter of fact, the critics mail simply indicates that they envy you for beating them to this noble idea.

Personally, I will like to ask about the real-sector/mortgage in Iberia/Spain Islands, do you think its a good thing to tap into for investment purpose?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 11:48am On Dec 01, 2007
olat:

@victjustice.

Let me emphatically tell you that your thread should be nominated for the "thread of the year" award. That was a very good thinking.
EVERYBODY in da house appreciate your thread including the critics.

As a matter of fact, the critics mail simply indicates that they envy you for beating them to this noble idea.

Personally, I will like to ask about the real-sector/mortgage in Iberia/Spain Islands, do you think its a good thing to tap into for investment purpose?

Thanks for the compliments, Olat. As for your query, i regret to say that i'm not the appropriate person to give advice on business or investments in these mentioned places. Perhaps you can brows google for ideas.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by bjluv: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2007
@vicjustice, great article and true!!!

I have been to all those country you have mentioned and I wonder what year you visited. Estonia is like great Russia and just trying to hide under the EU skin. Too sad for the stuff going in in Greece though, too sad  sad

I should also say, that I am the first black santa in the baltic/Scandi area  cheesy [only if you were santa before 2002]  tongue

I wouldnt advise anyone to go to anywhere besides North America, Australia and Western Europe. The rest is nothing but trash for the moment,  you need to go to all these countries to know smiley

1 Like

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by nellzur(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2007
i need to know about sweden,considering going there to school and need to know if it is a place to hustle.anyone who know anything should get back to me at nellzur@yahoo.com
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by anusule(m): 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2007
i think funkybaby has problems with pictures, picturephobic. undecided
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by didara86(f): 10:43am On Dec 05, 2007
About [/b]Germany[b]
i think all the opinions, mentioned in this thread are nearly correct, even though they're quite different sometimes.
I was born here, grew up and got to know all the sides of germany: the good and also the bad ones.
In my mind germany isn't as great as it seems so often. Surely it depends on what you need in life or what is important for you to be
happy and satisfied.
Maybe it's clean, modern and structured. But if you're not well educated, you have no chance to get a well paid job what also means you can expect
social problems, maybe even discrimination.
It's sad, but most Germans are much too biased against things they don't really know.
Success in their job or generally in making money means more to them than having a happy family life.
And especially showing what they have is what they like most.
On the other hand you have "poor" people that are too lazy to get their asses up for work and prefer staying at home or doing whatever they like, the whole day. But that's easy in Germany because the state will pay for you.
It's funny.
The so called "good structures" are mostly [/b]too[b] good, or too useless.
Some laws will make you smile.
I live in western Germany and i'm happy about that.
For other, maybe poorer countries and states, Germany might seem like a place to come up
and be successful. But why can't you see people laughing on the streets? Why can't you see people being
tolerant towards each other?
It's so sad and that's definately an aspect that Africa is ahead of Europe.
People love their life and try the best of it, even if they're poor or have less possibilties.
They know it will go on.
A German would sit down in the corner and cry and never get up by himself.
How embarrassing.

On the other hand, there are surely some positive aspects. The health system for example, wouldn't want to miss it.

Why do i think that way about my own nation?
I want to cry for that every day, but i'm not that kind of person, sitting in the corner.
I just look at it with a smile and find it really funny that most Europeans see themselves as the best people.
They are even too dump to see the reality.
Am not talking about [/b]all[b] the Europeans, but surely most of them.
I can say i would be more proud to be African than European.

Don't let yourself decept by the "greatness" of Europe, believe me, your own country has much more advantages.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by nellzur(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2007
about sweden not germany,germany is not too good,they are raceist and the language na die.anyone who has been to sweden pls reply
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by proo212(m): 5:13pm On Dec 05, 2007
Have you been to Germany before to conclude that they're racist? Or is this just what you hear?

There is racism in every country. Germany can be an easy punching bag because of what happened years and years ago. Of course there will be discrimination if you look different to the local population. There is racism in Nigeria (tribalism).

Sweden that you are anxious to find out info also has some racism. I have never lived in Sweden so I cannot say that it's much better than Germany. There's good infrastructure and a good social state. I am by no means defending Germany but having lived here for 8 years, there's good and bad.

I don't believe Sweden is a hustling country. If you believe the German language is difficult, I can't wait to see how you will survive in Sweden. Because to live a decent life there you have to speak the language. I'm sure you can get by in English but not many doors will open if you don't learn the language.

didara86, wie gehts dir? Ich hoffe alles bei dir gut geht,
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by didara86(f): 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2007
smiley
Ja proo, bei mir ist alles bestens. I'm very fine, thanks. smiley Where do you stay i f i may ask?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by didara86(f): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2007
Und bei dir? Alles ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Killed By Nigerian Man In US Was A Prostitute Who Robbed Him (pics) / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.