Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,235 members, 7,970,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 04:39 PM

Ђδω Do I Get Back Money Lent To A Family Member? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ђδω Do I Get Back Money Lent To A Family Member? (1000 Views)

Celebrating Birthdays For February 29th Born Family Member? / Should The Character Of A Family Member Influence Your Marriage Decision! / A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ђδω Do I Get Back Money Lent To A Family Member? by Nobody: 6:47am On May 24, 2012
Pls I need an advice,I always find ȋ̝̊τ̲̅. Hard to retrieve it.after colllecting ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ from me,they find ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ difficult to pay back,and I find ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ very difficult to ask.ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ has happened many times.
Re: Ђδω Do I Get Back Money Lent To A Family Member? by Alleinad(f): 6:59am On May 24, 2012
honestly,if you lend money to alot of your family members, just consider it gone. They never like to pay... Learn to tell them you're broke when they ask,except you want to dash them the money...
Re: Ђδω Do I Get Back Money Lent To A Family Member? by moremi2008(m): 7:55am On May 24, 2012
My mum has a golden rule that really works: never lend anybody money that you cannot dash them. Just consider your money a charitable donation. sad
Re: Ђδω Do I Get Back Money Lent To A Family Member? by Nobody: 10:32am On May 24, 2012
†ђξ funniest thing is that after giving them †ђξ money,they pretend as if you never gave them,they won't even talk about ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ again.I am pissed off
Re: Ђδω Do I Get Back Money Lent To A Family Member? by stepo707: 4:04pm On May 24, 2012
Yomieluv: †ђξ funniest thing is that after giving them †ђξ money,they pretend as if you never gave them,they won't even talk about ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ again.I am pissed off

They take advantage of your good heart.It happens to me a lot.I learn to say no this days except if the situation actually deserves it.For now, sorry pal,your money is gone.Don't fight/quarrel with them.It ain't worth it.
Re: Ђδω Do I Get Back Money Lent To A Family Member? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 24, 2012
This also happens to me as well but I will give you two tips
1. As people have said, never lend friends and family members money you cannot forget about. Infact don't lend them at all because Nigerians are wicked people. They will have the money and refuse to pay back and I just wonder why
2. Sometimes and in extreme situations, you have to lend e.g for health reasons. You can't watch a family member die. In such cases try and work out a monthly payment from them. And please, there is no shame in it. If they refuse to pay you back don't hesitate to severe the relationship although they still wouldn't pay

I think it's plain wickedness. I lent £7000 to a family member two years ago and till date he only paid back £5000. The painful thing is that this guy can afford to pay me the outstanding £2000 but he just wouldn't. Plain wickedness and then they will say our leaders are thieves. Isn't it the same?
Re: Ђδω Do I Get Back Money Lent To A Family Member? by EfemenaXY: 9:26pm On May 24, 2012
^^ I'm curious, did you ask him for the N2,000 balance? Two years is a long time now.

@ poster, all I can think of in addition to what's already been said, is that next time before lending money out to a family member - make it absolutely clear that it's a loan (not dash money ) and you would like to get your money back in full. Make sure they agree to that condition else no show from you.

If they agree and then don't pay you back the full amount later on, then simply refuse to help the next time they come running to you for financial aid.

Afterall, money doesn't grow on trees!

Goodluck smiley

(1) (Reply)

Rep Your Place Of Birth / This 170 Years Old Nigerian May Have His Soul Hiding In A Hard To Kill Animal / Once You Get Married; Stop Cheating!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.