Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,821 members, 7,879,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:37 PM

Christ Our Solid Foundation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Our Solid Foundation (1477 Views)

today Is The Feast Of Corpus Christi. (Christ our universal king) / Christ Our Leader / "christ Our Sacrifice" A Letter From Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Our Solid Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On May 24, 2012
Christ Our Solid Foundation

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:11)

A building is as strong as its foundation. The need for a strong foundation arises because it sustains the entire structure and enables the building to withstand all external climatic pressures. The storm will arise, the wind will blow, the flood will descend and beat upon it, yet the structure will stand.

The Church, the body of believers is one foundation with Jesus Christ as its cornerstone. Ministers, preachers and all who are called into the ministry cannot do an enduring work where the increase does not come from God. "He that planteth and he that watereth are one" (1 Cor. 3:8.) All faithful followers of Christ are one in the great task of the ministry. Their reward will also be in proportion to their diligence and faithfulness. If we are used of God to do anything for the furtherance of the Gospel, we should always remember that we are only by divine grace.

There is the danger of building our own fancies or false reasoning on the foundation of divine revelation. "Other foundation can no man lay than that is laid." Those who build upon this foundation with gold, silver or precious stones (verse 12) will tenaciously hold on to the truth as it is in Jesus Christ. But others who build upon false foundation with wood, hay and stubble with their works will suffer outright destruction on the last day. There is a great day coming in which our actions will be examined in the true gospel light and every man's work shall be made to manisfest (verse 13).

The true believer's body is the temple of God. christians should therefore, "be holy, pure and clean both within and without." Our services must also be rendered in similar light. Every teaching or knowledge that is not of Christ should be discarded. That way, we will posssess the capacity to withstand the storms of life.

Thought For The Day: Christ is the Cornerstone on whom every hope is anchored

For more . . . .
Re: Christ Our Solid Foundation by Ubenedictus(m): 8:30pm On May 25, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Christ Our Solid Foundation

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:11)

A building is as strong as its foundation. The need for a strong foundation arises because it sustains the entire structure and enables the building to withstand all external climatic pressures. The storm will arise, the wind will blow, the flood will descend and beat upon it, yet the structure will stand.

The Church, the body of believers is one foundation with Jesus Christ as its cornerstone. Ministers, preachers and all who are called into the ministry cannot do an enduring work where the increase does not come from God. "He that planteth and he that watereth are one" (1 Cor. 3:8.) All faithful followers of Christ are one in the great task of the ministry. Their reward will also be in proportion to their diligence and faithfulness. If we are used of God to do anything for the furtherance of the Gospel, we should always remember that we are only by divine grace.

There is the danger of building our own fancies or false reasoning on the foundation of divine revelation. "Other foundation can no man lay than that is laid." Those who build upon this foundation with gold, silver or precious stones (verse 12) will tenaciously hold on to the truth as it is in Jesus Christ. But others who build upon false foundation with wood, hay and stubble with their works will suffer outright destruction on the last day. There is a great day coming in which our actions will be examined in the true gospel light and every man's work shall be made to manisfest (verse 13).

The true believer's body is the temple of God. christians should therefore, "be holy, pure and clean both within and without." Our services must also be rendered in similar light. Every teaching or knowledge that is not of Christ should be discarded. That way, we will posssess the capacity to withstand the storms of life.

Thought For The Day: Christ is the Cornerstone on whom every hope is anchored

For more . . . .
amen to this
Re: Christ Our Solid Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:16pm On May 26, 2012
Ubenedictus: amen to this

Do you believe that the "Church" here does not mean the RCC?
Re: Christ Our Solid Foundation by ijawkid(m): 6:08pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Na trouble u wan find so o....

Lol
Re: Christ Our Solid Foundation by Ubenedictus(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

are you trying to be troublesome? The church here as i understand it is not a denomination, to speak in simplicity it refers to the catholic church. I know you will ask for clarification.
Re: Christ Our Solid Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On May 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Na trouble u wan find so o....

Lol

You mean that I should allow sleeping dogs lie, no?
Re: Christ Our Solid Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On May 26, 2012
Ubenedictus:

are you trying to be troublesome? The church here as i understand it is not a denomination, to speak in simplicity it refers to the catholic church. I know you will ask for clarification.

I didn't mean to upset the apple pie, I was only interested in knowing what you meant by the word "Church."
Re: Christ Our Solid Foundation by ijawkid(m): 7:04pm On May 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You mean that I should allow sleeping dogs lie, no?

Lol.......

Yes ooooo......
Re: Christ Our Solid Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25pm On May 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.......

Yes ooooo......

Ok ooo!
Re: Christ Our Solid Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On May 27, 2012
Ubenedictus:

amen to this

Don't mind me my broda, I agree with you on this point.
Re: Christ Our Solid Foundation by Ubenedictus(m): 8:37pm On May 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Don't mind me my broda, I agree with you on this point.
atleast we can agree on something. Thank God

(1) (Reply)

. / Was Mother Theresa Overrated? / Pics: Pastor Chris In "Holy Swag"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.