Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,552 members, 7,948,138 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:44 PM

Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? (7816 Views)

See How Ethiopians Welcomed Obama, That “red Carpet” (PHOTO) / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by Hakim27: 10:35am On May 24, 2012
Or they then to be africans when it suits them?

1 Like

Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by AndreUweh(m): 10:44am On May 24, 2012
Geography has placed them in Africa so they are Africans. Why do we keep seeing all this imbecilic questions all the time?.

2 Likes

Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by Hakim27: 10:50am On May 24, 2012
Andre Uweh: Geography has placed them in Africa so they are Africans. Why do we keep seeing all this imbecilic questions all the time?.

Because they call themselves ethiopians and somalians and not africans, they only say africans when it suits them....just like north africans
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by LogicMind: 11:17am On May 24, 2012
Andre Uweh: Geography has placed them in Africa so they are Africans. Why do we keep seeing all this imbecilic questions all the time?.

So this man was also an african as geography has placed him in africa?
[img]http://www.elnortedecastilla.es/RC/200611/01/Media/M1-1596847221--200x280.jpg[/img]
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by Kobojunkie: 12:43pm On May 24, 2012
@Poster, this thread is a waste of space, you know? What is wrong in there selecting to be called Somalian or Ethiopian?

Just so you know, they are more African than you or your grandparents can claim since there is evidence they existed on that continent longer than you, or your tribe, or much of the rest of Africa. So, if you wan carry Africa for head, fine, but make sure you know those to respect to.

1 Like

Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by dasparrow: 1:14pm On May 24, 2012
Hakim27:

Because they call themselves ethiopians and somalians and not africans, they only say africans when it suits them....just like north africans

So? That should not bother you bros. Whatever they decide to call themselves, let them be. We Nigerians must learn to live and let live. Everyone cannot dance to the tune of our whistle or see things from your point of view. As Nigerians, we should be more concerned about the continous deteriorating state of our nation Nigeria and not what somalians and ethiopians want or choose to call themselves. Peace!

1 Like

Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by somegirl1: 1:24pm On May 24, 2012
abeg make una bone this topic. e get one olodo from that side wey dey on the loose here.
Na this kyn topic dey sweet am.
E no concern us wetin them be.
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 24, 2012
Actually, new evidence suggests they're Martians!
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by lepasharon(f): 4:17am On May 27, 2012
ypur gonna find out that the horners of africa are the true africans,everyone else there is an immigrant..
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by ektbear: 4:58am On May 27, 2012
lepasharon: ypur gonna find out that the horners of africa are the true africans,everyone else there is an immigrant..

nah, this is false. what on earth do you even mean by saying it?

West Africans are immigrants, yes. But that they migrated to an unpopulated land from eastern africa (or wherever mankind originated) doesn't make them less African.
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by cashmentor(m): 6:10am On May 27, 2012
Logic Mind:

So this man was also an african as geography has placed him in africa?
[img]http://www.elnortedecastilla.es/RC/200611/01/Media/M1-1596847221--200x280.jpg[/img]
actualy he said ''placed them!'' The people and their land...
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by LionStorm: 3:01am On Aug 19, 2012
Listen, very carefuly! Not as a man talking to a child but as a man reasoning with other men. All this talk about who's an african and who's an african with more white or arab blood is very unproductive. It serves only one thing, DIVIDE AND CONQUER. Hasn't mother africa's legs, east and west been spread wide and then raped by enough outsiders ,europeans and arabs and now the chinese want their turn?

And how is this spreading of the legs achieved?

The European- "Oh you are better that those other n@#gers, infact we have tested your blood, you're 70% white you know. Your one of us."
If that fails find a village fool puff him up and fund a coup or revolution! cry

The Arab-"Jihad!"
If that fails........... , "More, jihad, wash , rinse, repeat!" cry

A display of just how related we all are; west/ east african, north and south african. There's also a shocker in it too.

Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by LionStorm: 3:32am On Aug 19, 2012
As you can see east west north and south africa is comprised of much the same haplogroups

These are: A, B and predominantly E with small smatterings of K "light green" the middle eastern haplogruop

But there's a surprise! Cameroon has a high amount of R haplogruop , which is a european type.

Now you cameroonians don't start getting any ideas! You still have more E , A and B, thus african.
This mixture wasnt brought about by any colonialism ,this gene flow happened thousands of years ago.The theory being that when R gruop developed in africa it migrated out but for some reason some turned right back home. Others say it migrated from eurasia and is not african in origin, debate is still out.

Look at how many countries have the african type E (light blue). Seems our ancestors sowed their oaks in europe and the steppes!

Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by LionStorm: 4:17am On Aug 19, 2012
Oh and not to forget, A and B are the oldest y haplogruops followed by C, D, E etc. This means africa was the home of genetic adam, all other types mutated from these.
Mitochondrial eve is the L group also found predominantly in africa, all other mitochondrial types mutated from these. From the male y haplogruops A-B and the female mitochondrial L, came the other races. What this means for science is that africans contain

1. The original dna code from adam and eve.(This didn't surprise me)

2.Carry a rich array of genetic diversity, which could solve many of humanities illnesses and disease.

Africans beware, ever heard of the organ thieves mostly in asia and south america, well soon africans might be harvested for their genes (may sound crazy to a european or asian but facts are facts). Maybe even experimented on to see what other race or bio-enhancements could be created from them.
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by Ikengawo: 5:17am On Aug 19, 2012
The people who made these discoveries didn't believe in adam and eve and that's why they were able to make these discoveries. If you read the full journal by which this was published nobody speak of Adam and Eve. Spot mixing actual scientific fact with fairy tales and voodoo.
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by LionStorm: 5:29am On Aug 19, 2012
Ikengawo: The people who made these discoveries didn't believe in adam and eve and that's why they were able to make these discoveries. If you read the full journal by which this was published nobody speak of Adam and Eve. Spot mixing actual scientific fact with fairy tales and voodoo.

I'm not using voodoo, genetic scientists use the term genetic Adam and genetic Eve look it up.

{Edit} Fight the message not the messenger!
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 03, 2012

exactly.

who REALLY gives a sh*t?

I am going to ask Seun and Mukina personally to lock such threads.
All they bring is ignorance.
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by somalia5: 5:18am On Sep 19, 2012
i am somali, am not related to no ugly negroid
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by gst101: 6:17am On Sep 19, 2012
are the same somalis and ethiopians not the ones i see on tv? salasi the sprinter, meles zanawi, al shabab fighters. these are people you see on tv and the first and only thing that comes to your mind is negro! they do not have a special feature other africans and nigerians do not have. we have people with lighter skin than all of the horners i have ever seen. their hair is still another thick wool like any other. infact, the fulani man is the one that should be saying he is not african, not the horner. somali5, have you ever seen a fulani man before? if you have, you wouldnt be feeling too special.
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by somalia5: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2012
gst101: are the same somalis and ethiopians not the ones i see on tv? salasi the sprinter, meles zanawi, al shabab fighters. these are people you see on tv and the first and only thing that comes to your mind is negro! they do not have a special feature other africans and nigerians do not have. we have people with lighter skin than all of the horners i have ever seen. their hair is still another thick wool like any other. infact, the fulani man is the one that should be saying he is not african, not the horner. somali5, have you ever seen a fulani man before? if you have, you wouldnt be feeling too special.

you must be afrocentrics that like to claim all people.

i know my genetics. i also can count my forefathers up to 13 generations. i am not related to no negroid.

somalis are known for their looks. we have soft hair, all of us. we have a unique look. even in america black people look at me and say you are not black. i can even post people from here who say somalis dont look negroid.

if you google somalis...one of the questions that pops up is are we arab or black.

plz dont offend me by saying am related to u. go up to any somali and tell them that u guys are related..u will got hanged from a tree like a slave.

also the somali word for black is adoon which means slave...same for ethiopian word for black is abed, baaria which is slave.

so fkkk off and dont claim my race.

the comment below is a kenya guy who knows alot of somalis...even kenyans know how somalis hate blacks..lmao

Hello people on this forum, I am a Kenyan Muslim. So I wanted to ask this question, why are Somalis so racist towards other Africans? Many who have skin color the same as Somalis. Comments like these about Kenyans make me sad, should Somalis be friends with Kenyans.
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by pendo89(f): 8:16am On Sep 19, 2012
I can't even shake a wolalo's hand or sit close to any.Can't even buy their stuff cz they do not shower and they stink.
Their beautiful hair is full of lice and their skin smells like poo.

Ethiopians are more cleaner and normal.The somalis heads imo got messed up with grenade fumes loong time ago, so their reasoning is twisted.
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by somalia5: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2012
pendo89: I can't even shake a wolalo's hand or sit close to any.Can't even buy their stuff cz they do not shower and they stink.
Their beautiful hair is full of lice and their skin smells like poo.

Ethiopians are more cleaner and normal.The somalis heads imo got messed up with grenade fumes loong time ago, so their reasoning is twisted.

a nappy headed negroid talking about skin and hair ....the funniest most ironic joke i have heard all week.

Somali people are muslims and pray five times a day...they wash up five times a day to pray.

our skin color and hair are envied by negroid and even whites....u ugly mofos wear weaves and makeup too look like the average somali

Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by Desola(f): 8:29am On Sep 19, 2012
yeepa! Somalians dey Nairaland too? We need to be careful of what we say now o, we don't know who is watching and taking notes.

Personally though, I have never felt any relationship to eastern Africans. I see them mostly as arabs.
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by somalia5: 8:30am On Sep 19, 2012
Desola: yeepa! Somalians dey Nairaland too? We need to be careful of what we say now o, we don't know who is watching and taking notes.

Personally though, I have never felt any relationship to eastern Africans. I see them mostly as arabs.

why do we have to be either arabs or negroids...we are our own race...somalis, oromo, eritreans, afar, amahar are all cushitic race.

while u guys are negroid.
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by Dhelake: 8:40am On Sep 19, 2012
wetin concern una concern somalians ...
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by somalia5: 8:41am On Sep 19, 2012
Dhelake: wetin concern una concern somalians ...

speak in english monkey
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by Desola(f): 9:29am On Sep 19, 2012
somalia5:

speak in english monkey

okay, cushitic. I'm curious to know what brought you to this foray of negroids?

Is cushitic even a race or a kind of language?
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by Desola(f): 9:29am On Sep 19, 2012
somalia5:

speak in english monkey

Really? Monkey? really?
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by pendo89(f): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2012
And what is the essence of this thread? Why are people trying so hard to prove race?

Ok they are chinese.But HALLO!! some poor somali is dying of hunger in a refugee camp.
While another SOMALI/AYANLE suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
He needs psychological help not a discussion.
Good day.Do not reply ayanle!

1 Like

Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by somalia5: 9:52am On Sep 19, 2012
ugly gorillas
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by gst101: 10:25am On Sep 19, 2012
somalia5: ugly gorillas
i am going to ask you again. Do you know the fulanis?
Re: Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? by somalia5: 10:30am On Sep 19, 2012
gst101: i am going to ask you again. Do you know the fulanis?

i dont give a damnnnn about people who are a minority who u guys try to claim....

fulani loook like a mix between somali and negroid.

also they are less than 1 percent of the negroids...dna evidence shows that they dont speak a negroid language but an afro asiatic meaning they came from the horn...

but why do u try so desperate to claim ethiopians, somalis...we are cushitic...die negroid die...u were swinging from trees not long ago and before that u were slave picking a cotton

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Judgment Debt Default: U.S. Court Awards $111 Million To Trafigura Against Ghana / Gbabo's Wife Being Molested / See Lavish Lifestyle Of Mariam, Daughter Of Gambia’s President, Yahya Jammeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.