Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,013 members, 7,933,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:44 AM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (74026 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 11:25am On May 13, 2008
A-40:

@bgees
Long throat! we would give you Wenger too, nonsense

but a wenger-rafa partnership would be superb.

wenger-----------attacking
rafa--------------defensive.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 2:10pm On May 13, 2008
All said, I think guys underrate Benayoun too much. I feel he's a quality player and is excellent as a squad player. That said, he shouldn't really be a first teamer. Play him when defences are tight, and he'll find a hole. He always does.

Finally, I hope Rafa brings in Kristzian Nemeth from the reserves. Though young, he's definitely going to be the next Torres. Looks like him too. wink
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by DaJunta(m): 4:00pm On May 13, 2008
Whatever that needs to be done should be done,
all we need is good results and trophies next season.

i just talk my own. sad

YNWA
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 2:11pm On May 14, 2008
Okay guys
Strategy Session:

Where do we go from here, 4th place and UCL Semis isn't good enough;what should we do to win the premiership next season.

Suggestions
1. Do away with the rotation policy
2.Voronin should be loaned out asap !

[center]please add to this list,cheers[/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Kubed2klin(m): 2:38pm On May 14, 2008
During Pre-Season training last year, I asked  question on my thread before some moderator or administrator decided to lock it, that who was going to end up with 30 goals in the kitty.

Well the English season has come and Gone. Reading have finally gone to where they belong, or rather still where was home for them, and what MANAGERS are thinking of now, is who and who they think would make them earn $80 million, come mid-next year.

However, only three players made it, and most remarkable, was Ferdnando Torres, because he broke a record - 24 League goals for a foreigner in his debut season.

Now, what next? Rafa would be confirming Phil Degen from Dotmund very soon, and Gary Barry would be moving to Anfield soon.

Well, Voronin has not done bad this season, so who ever is saying he should be loaned out, let him burn in hell. What are you going to say of Kewell? Why wasn't he loaned out? or rather before now, sold? What of Agger? or was it because he scored the all important goal against Chel last season?

Let Alonso got, for Lucas to command first team shirt. Mario Zarate is no bad idea, and Rafinha can come to help Skrtel, as Car goes wide. Crouch can leave, and as well Riise (no bad feelings dear). Its just that we have to challenge for the trophy next season. And let fire rage in the Director's box, and let Hicks burn. We want better days for Rafa, - God's gift to Anfield.

You'll Never Walk Alone!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 5:18pm On May 14, 2008
Kubed2klin:

[s]Well, Voronin has not done bad this season, so who ever is saying he should be loaned out, let him burn in hell.[/s] You'll Never Walk Alone!

Why 'burn in Hell' ? Is expressing one's opinion now a sin undecided?

State your case and leave the rest my friend.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 7:23pm On May 14, 2008
lets all calm down our negative emotions.

illusion2:

Okay guys
Strategy Session:

Where do we go from here, 4th place and UCL Semis isn't good enough;what should we do to win the premiership next season.

Suggestions
1. Do away with the rotation policy
2.Voronin should be loaned out asap !

[center]please add to this list,cheers[/center]

i agree with u. thr rotation policy killed us.pyscologically we improved, because we had a very good away record. but something tells me rafa will rotate less in the future.he seemed to have learnt from the mistakes of rotation.

add these to your suggestion:

we must get a new striker, what if torress gets injured, except if babel can take it up effectively.

nemeth must feature for the 1st team this next season.he is very promising.

degen will not do any good, he is'nt very impressive. rafinha looks a lot better.

lucas and mascherano will be ayt the olympics. we need to get adequate replacements.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 7:36pm On May 14, 2008
adding to ur list:

voronin, kewell,riise and crouch can go.

insua can take over steadily.

the centre backs are already sorted.there are no problems there.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:28pm On May 17, 2008
ok,
sammy lee is now rafa's assistant. the last time he was our assistant coach, we won in treble(carling cup, f.a cup and the uefa cup), in 2001. what do u all think.

bentley for pennant

riera for leto(loan)

ur views.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 11:49am On May 20, 2008
I don't know. I really like watching Pennant taking on defenders. He's the best dribbler we have in the team. Hate Voronin's style of football. Riise's not very intelligent but he's very strong and NEVER gets injured. He's gotta go though since Dossena of Udinese seems set to join us as LB. Signing Deggen means;

1. He'll assist Arbeloa
2. Carra can focus on CB(though will play at RB once in a while as Agger's back to training.)
3. Finnan will be sold for about 2M.
4. Most importantly, rafa will have more money saved for the attacking wing positions. There we need to splash the cash.

Also, Babel needs to start training and playing as a striker. No doubt with his speed and shot power, he could do well.

Finally, i feel our central spine of CB and MC is perfect already and with Rafa's lessened tinkering, who really knows?

Oops, here's a photo of the new signing. Rafa seems to go for looks these days (Skrtel aside)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 4:56pm On May 20, 2008
Cool.
So our defense's essentially sorted.
What do y'all think about Obafemi Martins joining us?

If indeed Lampard's set to  leave Chelsea,I think we could also raid Stamford Bridge for SWP? please dnt crucify me ok? grin grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 3:23pm On May 21, 2008
i am unhappy we signed degen , he is just an average player. even if schalke refused to sell rafinha (who i think is better), there are other better right backs.

what we need is a winger or two. and why are we linked with average players. i fear for us,lets just watch the euro 2008 and see what rafa does afterwards.

illusion2:

Cool.
So our defense's essentially sorted.
What do y'all think about Obafemi Martins joining us?

If indeed Lampard's set to leave Chelsea,I think we could also raid Stamford Bridge for SWP? please dnt crucify me ok? grin grin

martins will be a wonderful addition. he can play dirk kuyts role better. but even we made a bid , he wont come becos he is hungry for money. he dosent fancy winning trophies., he just wants money.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 12:07pm On May 22, 2008
i hope Rafa's learnt 4rm past mistakes & is ready to take us to the very Top next season. DID ANY ONE SEE THE sCOUSER FREE zONE BANNER PUT UP BY A CHELSEA FAN YESTERDAY?

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!![/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:42pm On May 22, 2008
Jairzinho:

i hope Rafa's learnt from past mistakes & is ready to take us to the very Top next season. DID ANY ONE SEE THE sCOUSER FREE zONE BANNER PUT UP BY A CHELSEA FAN YESTERDAY?

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!![/center]

i saw it too, but i didnt see any reason for or sense in it.

but i still can't believe scummie did a fecking double.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 3:24pm On May 23, 2008
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:21pm On May 23, 2008
We being linkd with sergio garcia of real zaragoza.
Thats' some positive news i've heard in weeks.

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 1:00pm On May 26, 2008
Asv I said earlier (I think), Degen is a back-up to Arbeloa (who got called up to the Spainish Nat Team). And he can certainly improve. Where we need to spend is on the wings.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 12:01am On May 28, 2008
The yanks gave rafa 20mill to tool up(so i heard) but he needs 50mill.
So he has to sell. Crouch,voronin,finnan and kewell wont be missd.

I thinks he needs to get a good winger. Something tells,he will decide on that after watching 2008.
But bentley or martin petrov would be okay.
Plus we need a striker,in case toress gets injured.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 11:24am On Jun 02, 2008
Whats up brothers & sisters:
[center]
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
[/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2008
Yup. Hi. I hate this part of the year. At least the Euro's are coming up. Who will u support? I'm with Spain and Holland. Hate France and Italy.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2008
Surely,i support d oranje and spain. I'm not sure of d success though.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2008
O ti o !
Liverpool thread on 2nd page? tufiakwa.

Where una de?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2008
It makes me wonder
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by DaJunta(m): 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2008
All man don face Euro'08 na but I go support Spain cos our guys full there.

YNWA
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2008
rafa is really annoying me!

why are being linked with james milner and albert riera. as if the stupid looking signings of degen and dossena are'nt enough.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by DaJunta(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2008
I weak oooo angry

Why wouldn't we even buy a new coach sef sad
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2008
Hey peeps currently in the UK,got our authentic home jersEy (2008-9 issue)
[center]
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE[/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 11:18pm On Jun 13, 2008
@DaJunta,
i want to agree with u. But let's just be patient.
And can u believe he is actually going to sell alonso?
Aston Villa are holding out 20 mill.for Barry.WE NO DEY BUY AGAIN!

@jairzinho,
ENJOY!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2008
I can't say i'm not a bit worried by our targets this summer. BUT I don't think its Rafa's fault either. The money was just not released to the bloke. That said, I think Barry would be an upgrade from Alonso. While Barry's a more complete player (bar passing ability), he also offers something many of our players lack- Power. Like Gerrard, Masch, Kuyt and Skrtel, he could bully the opposition into submission. Thats where Alonso falls short. While he sprays passes excellently, he's offered little else this season. And then Barry's home grown- important in the prospective 6+5 system.

As for Milner, Degen and Riera, I'm afraid they'll make us look more like Newcastle FC!! just not our standard I'm afraid.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2008
@tocdee,
u gave a good analysis on barry/alonso.
But why would he want milner when bentley who is a better player is available?
I wish we made a bid for someone like Andrei Arshavin.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 8:39am On Jun 20, 2008
Riise don go Roma o !

na wa o ,any gist on barry yet?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2008
bgees:

@tocdee,
u gave a good analysis on barry/alonso.
But why would he want milner when bentley who is a better player is available?
I wish we made a bid for someone like Andrei Arshavin.

Very true. I honestly think that Milner thing's just talk. He's not even good enough for Everton. We've been linked with Bentley but I think we won't sign him with Barry coming too. I heard today that Rafa wants David Silva of Valencia. He is the perfect man for the left wing. I love that player.
That said, Arshavin would be the signing of my choice but i really don't think we have thatkinda money.

As for Riise going to Roma, all I can say is 'good luck!' He was an example of a true Red in spirit. Pity his form dropped to such depths.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.