Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,891 members, 7,889,938 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:07 AM

Rantings Of A Wedding Planner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rantings Of A Wedding Planner (696 Views)

What Kind Of Prayer Is This In A Wedding Ceremony (photo) / Sex On A Wedding Night / Random Rantings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rantings Of A Wedding Planner by yimiton(f): 8:55am On May 25, 2012
She went on and on, talking about the same thing and not even smart enough to use different words, I guess she had never heard the word “REPHRASE”, I was so bored, and it took a lot to keep myself from screaming, I had to keep telling myself, she is your boss, and she has your pay cheque, I said it over and over in my head like a mantra, then the phone rang, her phone…and we had to put an end to the meeting, that was one of our nose in the air, snot faced, old money client in ikoyi.

At the other end of the table, Poised, elegant and as cold as ice, sat the owner of my firm, for this diary we’ll just call her Nadine, because it’s a beautiful name, and it reminds me of those beautiful, cold, vicious Russian KGB, Mossad type babes in the movies, or better put for those of you who are fans of the series Legend of the seeker, she kinda reminds me of the “mord sith” She is like a cross between those mean little fishes in South America, piranhas? And a graceful eagle, don’t ask me how that works, my imagination can be warped at times.

moments later, the delivery guy walked in…from my fave pizza spot ,Debonair, and he asked after D., that was strange, cos I am D, and I would remember picking up the phone and ordering a pizza, so I asked, “Are you sure?” and to prove how sure he was he quoted my mobile number.
Still a bit surprised, I drilled him a bit more. “What’s the name of the person who placed the order?”
“Madam, he didn’t leave his name, he just paid and said we should take it to you”
Enough with questions already, I quickly grabbed it, said thank you and asked my colleagues to join in before we find out it was a mistake… still curious about the sender though.

I looked at my watch, it was 3pm… asides the pizza, it has been one crazy day, customer service can be fun and exciting, but it also tries your patience, being a manager in an establishment that deals with women and all the crazy frenzy of wedding planning,(YES, WE PLAN WEDDINGS!)I have also had to reluctantly double as a marriage counselor! People tend to find it easy to confide in me, maybe it’s because I never have the heart to call people off on all their bulls**t, so I have to listen to reluctant brides, happy brides, bitchy brides and anything else that comes my way…and by anything I mean pushy mothers, nosy mothers in law, crazy friends, jealous friends and any of the female species that walks in, not forgetting the impatient groom in most cases who hate being there but have been forced to come in by their brides. It’s a crazy world in our business and for someone who is cynical about marriage, I must say Nadine does an excellent job. Nadine and I are as different as night and day in personality, but physically we could pass for twins, me being the nice one and she…,the b***h.

I had such a thrill reading this, if you want the full story (an upcoming novel I hear) get the sneak peak from

http://www.dianahsplace.info/p/rantings-of-wedding-planner.html <http://www.dianahsplace.info/p/rantings-of-wedding-planner.html>

1 Like

Re: Rantings Of A Wedding Planner by dianah(f): 9:08am On May 25, 2012
yimiton: She went on and on, talking about the same thing and not even smart enough to use different words, I guess she had never heard the word “REPHRASE”, I was so bored, and it took a lot to keep myself from screaming, I had to keep telling myself, she is your boss, and she has your pay cheque, I said it over and over in my head like a mantra, then the phone rang, her phone…and we had to put an end to the meeting, that was one of our nose in the air, snot faced, old money client in ikoyi.

At the other end of the table, Poised, elegant and as cold as ice, sat the owner of my firm, for this diary we’ll just call her Nadine, because it’s a beautiful name, and it reminds me of those beautiful, cold, vicious Russian KGB, Mossad type babes in the movies, or better put for those of you who are fans of the series Legend of the seeker, she kinda reminds me of the “mord sith” She is like a cross between those mean little fishes in South America, piranhas? And a graceful eagle, don’t ask me how that works, my imagination can be warped at times.

moments later, the delivery guy walked in…from my fave pizza spot ,Debonair, and he asked after D., that was strange, cos I am D, and I would remember picking up the phone and ordering a pizza, so I asked, “Are you sure?” and to prove how sure he was he quoted my mobile number.
Still a bit surprised, I drilled him a bit more. “What’s the name of the person who placed the order?”
“Madam, he didn’t leave his name, he just paid and said we should take it to you”
Enough with questions already, I quickly grabbed it, said thank you and asked my colleagues to join in before we find out it was a mistake… still curious about the sender though.

I looked at my watch, it was 3pm… asides the pizza, it has been one crazy day, customer service can be fun and exciting, but it also tries your patience, being a manager in an establishment that deals with women and all the crazy frenzy of wedding planning,(YES, WE PLAN WEDDINGS!)I have also had to reluctantly double as a marriage counselor! People tend to find it easy to confide in me, maybe it’s because I never have the heart to call people off on all their bulls**t, so I have to listen to reluctant brides, happy brides, bitchy brides and anything else that comes my way…and by anything I mean pushy mothers, nosy mothers in law, crazy friends, jealous friends and any of the female species that walks in, not forgetting the impatient groom in most cases who hate being there but have been forced to come in by their brides. It’s a crazy world in our business and for someone who is cynical about marriage, I must say Nadine does an excellent job. Nadine and I are as different as night and day in personality, but physically we could pass for twins, me being the nice one and she…,the b***h.

I had such a thrill reading this, if you want the full story (an upcoming novel I hear) get the sneak peak from

http://www.dianahsplace.info/p/rantings-of-wedding-planner.html <http://www.dianahsplace.info/p/rantings-of-wedding-planner.html>
Re: Rantings Of A Wedding Planner by Coleanita46: 9:10am On May 25, 2012
The long awaited obafemi awolowo(oau-ife) post utme expo is available now. Is gonna get to u 2hrs before the commencement of the paper. So if u re interested just call 08174469805
Re: Rantings Of A Wedding Planner by Mynd44: 9:12am On May 25, 2012
What a waste of bandwidth
Re: Rantings Of A Wedding Planner by dianah(f): 9:20am On May 25, 2012
Nice read, and what on earth has OAU UTME got to do with this post?

(1) (Reply)

Advantages Of Not Having A Girlfriend / Tips To Avoid Arguing With Your Partner / Did You Try This Out On A Real Woman Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.