Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,416 members, 7,964,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:27 PM

Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians (16965 Views)

Forgive Me Where I Erred, Jonathan Begs Nigerians / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Don’t Abandon My Husband In 2015- Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 28, 2012
Sweetlemon:
He's no worse? ok. which president ever made an over %100 increment in fuel price on JAN 1ST
which president ever said that terrorism is something it's citizens should "live with?"
please mentioned the last time you heard of multi-billion (not million o!) Naira scams flying all over the place? when?

Hmmmm, sweetlemon doesn't only look like Nneka the singer - she also exemplifies her struggles..

Salute, madam. cool
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ZUBY77(m): 4:55pm On May 28, 2012
stop begging and do the right thing. Scrap this country and find a better alternative. You cant be a muslim, marry a christian and expect your child to be Christianmuslim. There is no such thing
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by timpaker(m): 4:59pm On May 28, 2012
To GEJ: i'd simply say OYO! (u are on your own)
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 28, 2012
dasparrow:

I sorry for GEJ. He has no faith in himself as commander in chief and he is afraid of the cabals in his administration. So it does not matter how much support Nigerians give him, if he (GEJ) cannot grow a spine and reveal all those corrupt politicians holding Nigeria hostage, then there is nothing Nigerian citizens can do. No amount of support from Nigerians far and wide will make a difference.

I'm certain u meant ''commander-in-thief..''
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by etchel(m): 5:02pm On May 28, 2012
Hahahaha. Lwkmd. Forsake? Infact this man is a real player.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by PointB: 5:11pm On May 28, 2012
Those who doubt PointB's commitment to the struggle - here is my answer!

We shall not abandon you!

Like a caterpillar's cocoon
We will shelter you

Like a tortoise shell
We will protect you
Like a ram's horn
We will defend you

The 'owners of Nigeria'
Will suffer diphtheria

Within the treacherous horde
There shall be discord
And those 'born to rule'
To ruins will be their tools

All their machinations
Shall suffer frustrations
Their campaign of calumny
Surely will end in agony

While you star as the actor
We shall be your gladiators

Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan, GCFR
You are our President
Our compatriot
Our brother
Our son

We shall not abandon you!
Until 2015, When we meet again

PointB
May 2012

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 28, 2012
londoner: You and I know fully well, that Nigerians have been a negative lot way before fuel subsidy removal, Boko Haram, tenure elongation etc.........until the attitude changes, nothing will change around them.

They will continue to wait in vain for one lone savior to deliver them their "perfect Nigeria"....and grumble until then.....

Even if people are not happy, what are they actually prepared to do about it......I mean beyond a "protest" for less than a week.......
It is convenient to blame one individual for all this but is it really an honest thing to do?

I doubt very much, that the past year has seen Nigeria's highest levels of corruption, just that the extent of the long standing corruption has been further uncovered thats all.............

Well, take a look at what is PDP. They have been ruling since 1999. They've produced an ex-con and a swindler who tried manipulating the Constitution so that he could run for a third time. He was succeeded by a man, who already looked dead the night he was elected, and spent most of his time in overseas hospitals. Now GEJ. If Nigerians are the angriest people on earth, they have every right to be.

Nigerians are not perfect, but that doesn't mean they deserve a lesser government. Nigerians are the way they are in response to what and how government has been since the 1980s. Nigerians stopped protesting because as they were fighting for democracy and using their voices as promised under true democracy, they were threatened by the Nigerian Army rather than guaranteed safety.

In this case, it is convenient to blame the highest individual. A president may have corrupt and rogue officials under him. As LEADER, it is his job to discipline or punish/discharge such people from his government, not join them and then stand in front of NTA cameras and tell bold-faced lies about fighting corruption in your government. I'm the eldest child in my family. If anything goes wrong, my parents call me to order to sort those younger than me. This is no different.

Corruption is still corruption, whether the levels are high or low.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by greatlee(m): 5:13pm On May 28, 2012
olajide_07: If GEJ is just realising now because a few northern governors said they wouldn't support him come 2015, he should have known 6 months ago, that nigerian's had and were leaving him, because of his clueless"ness" and direction"lessness" let me state out all the mistakes of the president see just a few;
SECURITY- encouraging boko haram by not wiping them out when he had the opportunity to
CORRUPTION- by withering the power of Efcc and making them a redundant ineffective parastal his wife Dame is now the person issuing government contracts she is the acting president while he is the acting first lady.
POWER- by spending more money on darkness and promising in his words we vow to increase power of late he wanted to fraudulently steal from us again by increasing the price/tariff of what we do not have electricity.
ECONOMY- by spoiling and increasing the level of inflation he met a mudu of beans at N200 now it goes for N320 a 70% or less percent increase.
FUEL - he unilaterally increased the price without recourse to nigerian's interest on the first of January, they also increased the price before thinking of, in his governments words "palliatives" (our rights are now palliatives) the subsidy probe, they want to sweep under the carpet, my take they assessed the probe to see that they wouldn't find anything against or case against themselves, before they decided to allow efcc to probe the case "malabu oil block" case
numb case.
EDUCATION- it has become so muddled up they don't know what to do, imagine UTME choosing different entry points for students, they can't scrap NBTE, colleges of education commission, they don't want to unify the schools and bring them apar
NEPOTISM and FAVOURITISM -can be said to be GEJ hallmark
DISRESPECT FOR NIGERIANS- imagine sending soldiers to lagos to stop nigerian's from doing a peaceful protest against all the wrongs of the government.

very well said
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 28, 2012
u forgot to add phcn tariff increase almost 2 times in 2years
ogugua88: ^^^^

Nigerians are so negative? With January's fuel subsidy removal/scam, Boko Haram and their fearlessness, talks of tenure elongation, N155 Billion handouts to cronies, and Nigeria's highest levels of corruption all within ONE YEAR, why should anyone be positive?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 5:27pm On May 28, 2012
GEJ isn't weak. It's just that looting the Treasury is his first, second, and third priority.
He couldn't give a rat's ass about anything else.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 28, 2012
Mr GEJ give me 24/7 electricity, Good Road Network, Equip our schools & let me buy fuel for 10 naira per litre, this I ask of and I promise not to abandon you, I will even take over the job of BEAF on NAIRALAND & TWITTER... Do u guys think BEAF is pro-GEJ, I go turn Super pro pro GEJ
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Delafruita(m): 5:29pm On May 28, 2012
NRI PRIEST: GEJ, means well for the country and he really wants to improve our lots.I dont see him as a corupt leader but Nigerians are blinded with tribalism,sentiments and bigotry. I believe this man can take us closer to the promise land.
i agree with you that nigerians are blind.otherwise they would never have voted for retardeen.i also agree with your not seeing jonathan as a corrupt leader.thats probably because you are a nigerian who is blind and can see no wrong.i also believe jonathan will take us to the promised land.however since we dont have a clear definition of promised land its safe to remain in familiar territory.jonathan will take us to the promised land of corruption.you can see he is fighting tooth and nail to ensure we retake the number 1 spot on the corruption index

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Reggie234: 5:39pm On May 28, 2012
Sorry Jonah, I never believed in you or your ideaology. U have not disappointed me one bit.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by polokor60(m): 5:40pm On May 28, 2012
ogugua88:

And you're calling Nigerians blind? Lol. I guess you're unaware of the Malabu Oil Scandal. GEJ denounces every corruption allegation hurled at him. You would think that if these accusations were false, then, as president, he could bring the accusers to book on defamation of character charges at the least. GEJ can't fight off corruption charges the same way and for the same reason he can't say "Amen" to an anti-corruption prayer.
your analytical prowess is quite amazing,we need more females with progressive mindset on this forum. cool
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ypzilanti: 5:43pm On May 28, 2012
As the saying goes...'you reap what you sow'.

Nigerians voted massively for this president...I checked out the voting pattern in at least Lagos area personally.

While we cannot totally predict what a person will do in the future, the best measure that reasonable people have is to check what the person has done in the past.

Goodluck Jonathan had no prior anti corruption credentials and YOU PEOPLE voted him in as president expecting him to fight corruption.

If you need a manager for your company and tyhe main issue in your company is employee theft, will you hire someone that has never tackeled this sort of problem successfully before?

You all that voted for Goodluck and PDP are either very gullible, or sentimental(he had no shoes, or just effing Tribalistic.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ypzilanti: 5:49pm On May 28, 2012
I hope he will pleasantly suprise me, but my fingers are not crossed.

Mark my words...I have been watching his trend carefully...the president will do his best to tackle the power sector...that is all you should expect from him. Rabid corruption, no infrastructural development, nothing. Power will be auctioned off to private companies and he will take credit for it. Then he will campaign in 2015 on the presumed reform of that sector.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 28, 2012
ogbeche77: Mr GEJ give me 24/7 electricity, Good Road Network, Equip our schools & let me buy fuel for 10 naira per litre, this I ask of and I promise not to abandon you, I will even take over the job of BEAF on NAIRALAND & TWITTER... Do u guys think BEAF is pro-GEJ, I go turn Super pro pro GEJ

u greedy o! Lol! All these...just for u?
FYI, GEJ the Grand Puppet & Commander-in-Thief is not yet done with the instructions handed to him. He must act accordingly...or else!
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by ikee(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2012
ogugua88:

And you're calling Nigerians blind? Lol. I guess you're unaware of the Malabu Oil Scandal. GEJ denounces every corruption allegation hurled at him. You would think that if these accusations were false, then, as president, he could bring the accusers to book on defamation of character charges at the least. GEJ can't fight off corruption charges the same way and for the same reason he can't say "Amen" to an anti-corruption prayer.
true talk! Truth is bitter.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Boluyong1: 6:01pm On May 28, 2012
Imagine a President saying " Don't Abandon me "...wth
U see, President Jonathan is so good at appealing to the emotions of Nigerians, if u are not an open-eyed Nigerian, u may get carried away.
Statements like this have misled Nigerians up till now, remember he says "I will never disappoint you" all the time, are we not over disappointed now?
He abandoned Nigerians, he's saying Nigerians should not abandon him, who is fooling who here pls?
Infact, statements like this shows how weak-hearted he is, he's not a strong President at all. Great leaders use words to steer people to action and hope and make people to believe, has anyone heard Obama, Cameron or even Mrs. Angela Merkel make weak statements like this. Imagine Obama now saying "America, please don't abandon me in this fight against Al-Qaeda", its sounds like an Army leader begging his soldiers not to leave him in battle when he's meant to COMMAND them. This statement shows how insecure Mr. President is. Now, to be realistic and practical, how will Nigerians standby him? Is it by singing his praises or something. The best he could ve asked for is patience of Nigerians.
What I believe Nigerians want to hear are things like, "I have the strategy in place, in 3 months child mortality would reduce by 10%".. that's what a leader in charge ld say on Childrens Day and not be going cap in hand wanting Nigerians to pity him.
I know some people already jazzed by PDP ll still vote for him come 2015. angry

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Havilah93(m): 6:04pm On May 28, 2012
so this man doesnt know he is already walking alone undecided *smh* i just pray God spares your life till the end of your tenure
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by otosa(m): 6:10pm On May 28, 2012
If, u eat alone, u will surely die alone.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On May 28, 2012
Boluyong_1:
What I believe Nigerians want to hear are things like, "I have the strategy in place, in 3 months child mortality would reduce by 10%".. that's what a leader in charge ld say on Childrens Day and not be going cap in hand wanting Nigerians to pity him.
I know some people already jazzed by PDP ll still vote for him come 2015. angry

You mean say all the promises and vows you don chop till now never belle full you? You still wan chop some more??
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Bestlyf: 6:18pm On May 28, 2012
Hmmm... Do you know what children do when they cry, shedding profuse tears? They are using sentiment to whip up sentiment. That is exacltly what Gej is doing instead of taking responsibility for his actions thus far, that has rather plunged the country into abysmal depth of retrogression.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Chanchit: 6:21pm On May 28, 2012
Mr man..! Shut up, go back to that church and say "AMEN" so thunder go fire u quick, quick.... Then u'll get my full support...
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 28, 2012
Hmmmmm....Jonathan with his pitty me politics. Obviously he has lost the trust of most Nigerians.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Henray: 6:27pm On May 28, 2012
Why should we continue to follow you after you have abandoned us!
You have performed in an abysmal and shameful way. I have just one question for you- WHY SHOULD YOU EVEN REMAIN THE PRESIDENT ON NIGERIA? You have rogues and liars as ministers and advisers, sycophants for friends. Whenever I see you, I feel so ashamed. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by moshoodn(m): 6:27pm On May 28, 2012
ogugua88: ^^^^

Nigerians are so negative? With January's fuel subsidy removal/scam, Boko Haram and their fearlessness, talks of tenure elongation, N155 Billion handouts to cronies, and Nigeria's highest levels of corruption all within ONE YEAR, why should anyone be positive?
HONESTLY, YOU'RE ON POINT . . .

WHY SHOULD ANYONE BE POSITIVE?
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by moshoodn(m): 6:35pm On May 28, 2012
ogugua88:

Well, take a look at what is PDP. They have been ruling since 1999. They've produced an ex-con and a swindler who tried manipulating the Constitution so that he could run for a third time. He was succeeded by a man, who already looked dead the night he was elected, and spent most of his time in overseas hospitals. Now GEJ. If Nigerians are the angriest people on earth, they have every right to be.

Nigerians are not perfect, but that doesn't mean they deserve a lesser government. Nigerians are the way they are in response to what and how government has been since the 1980s. Nigerians stopped protesting because as they were fighting for democracy and using their voices as promised under true democracy, they were threatened by the Nigerian Army rather than guaranteed safety.

In this case, it is convenient to blame the highest individual. A president may have corrupt and rogue officials under him. As LEADER, it is his job to discipline or punish/discharge such people from his government, not join them and then stand in front of NTA cameras and tell bold-faced lies about fighting corruption in your government. I'm the eldest child in my family. If anything goes wrong, my parents call me to order to sort those younger than me. This is no different.

Corruption is still corruption, whether the levels are high or low.
Word.
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by cindyrella(f): 6:45pm On May 28, 2012
Smh
I think you abandoned nigeria when you removed fuel subsidy. And choose to be a slowpoke undecided undecided
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Akilokazeem(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2012
The president is a human just like you and me.....as we all can see he is shouting out for me and you to help him and not to live every thing for him alone........ Lets help ourself in any way we can and not to put the blame on him alone...........
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by malc619(m): 7:34pm On May 28, 2012
Akilo kazeem: The president is a human just like you and me.....as we all can see he is shouting out for me and you to help him and not to live every thing for him alone........ Lets help ourself in any way we can and not to put the blame on him alone...........

Go help am naw...
Go follow am share blame naw.....
A clueless, weak and corrupt president seeking public sympathy...
He's a shame to dose who voted F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ him....
Re: Don’t Abandon Me In These Trying Times, Jonathan Begs Nigerians by Jawondoasanni(m): 7:38pm On May 28, 2012
Jonathan didn't say so cos his actions and policies don't request for any sympathy from Nigerians. He couldn't even think to that extence, I trust my action President.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jumbo Pay: Why Senators Left Shehu Sani Unpunished / President Buhari Attends Commonwealth Heads Of Government Meeting (Photos) / Police Takes Nasiru Gawuna Into Custody For Threat To Public Peace - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.