Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:28 AM

Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer (17184 Views)

Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer / Ruben Abati Explains Why The President Didn’t Say Amen To Anti-corruption Prayer / Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:40am On May 28, 2012
This should serve as a lesson to Jonathan and his cabinet... Invite only criminal pastors like Oyedepo to such events next time.. Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by CyberG: 10:44am On May 28, 2012
PointB.:
I am disappointed in GEJ.

Why?? Ain't you one of the tribalists whose only panacea to every problem in the country is breakup never building up and challenging this bastard president? So you are disappointed because he didn't say amen?? How about people like you who are too blind and tribalistic to see that killing corrupt leaders like Retardeen and his ilk is the real solution to Nigeria's problem? Are you not one of the fools who attack Buhari or any NONE Ibo leader even if they have done what the dredge of the earth president Jonathan has not done in 10 years??
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by gidiMonsta(m): 10:49am On May 28, 2012
GEJ is arguably Naijas most talked about and as its unfolding, the worst in her history. This dude is in the news @ least 2ce a week and 90% are negative stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by Funkymallam(m): 10:52am On May 28, 2012
ujchief:
hahahaha, PointB has finally given up on his incompetent oga! Welcome aboard! Stil waiting for Leomax and then Beaf.
You must have condoled so much nonescense that u had to throw in the towel.

CyberG:

Why?? Ain't you one of the tribalists whose only panacea to every problem in the country is breakup never building up and challenging this bastard president? So you are disappointed because he didn't say amen?? How about people like you who are too blind and tribalistic to see that killing corrupt leaders like Retardeen and his ilk is the real solution to Nigeria's problem? Are you not one of the fools who attack Buhari or any NONE Ibo leader even if they have done what the dredge of the earth president Jonathan has not done in 10 years??

U ppl should free the guy jor, he isnt a blind supporter lyk most ACN goons here, when GEJ go wrong, we condem him and not ignore it. sad

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by ujchief(m): 10:57am On May 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija: This should serve as a lesson to Jonathan and his cabinet... Invite only criminal pastors like Oyedepo to such events next time.. Amen!!
no wonder they keep banning u over and over again!
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by ezer(m): 10:58am On May 28, 2012
Wat if they say amen, and nothin happens to the status quo? These guys are politicians, they can say amen and continue looting. I think they kept quiet cos they were kinda petrified and amazed with the way the man of God spoke. Saying 'AMEN' wont stop dem from looting. The message was the most important thing at the service, and thats wat am hapi about. Kudos to the man of God. BTW...u guys shud stop attacking the president in every little thing he does.
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by jason123: 10:59am On May 28, 2012
In case you were wondering why Nigerians were said to have an average IQ of 67 (https://www.nairaland.com/474936/why-nigerians-others-low-iq) well, this is why!

onome25:
@poster u & sahara reporters shall rot in hell!!!
i don.t know y all this hate on GEJ, GEJ this GEJ that na waooooooh,which kind country be this self,y people no dey ever mind thier own business self... tufika!

Through out my e-life on NL, this is the most idiotic statement I have ever seen. CHAI!!! cry
What sort of people are we breeding in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by Bestlyf: 11:00am On May 28, 2012
The message must have hit Dame very hard because when they were singing a hymn from the program book in their hands, she was just glaring, probably at the prelate. I wondered why she was so carried away then. Now I know.
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by juman(m): 11:08am On May 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

Have knwn Arc Bishop Peter Jasper Akinola for sometime nw, the man is ruthless.
I watched the service live on NTA and all that is written in that article is correct. I wonder what GEJ will do to the person that ihvited Akinola as guest speaker.

He was attacking dem all and they were sooo stuned! sad

I commend the Arc Bishop for what he said.

The Arc Bishop was very close to OBJ when in power, why could not he advice him rightly?? OBJ failed totally.

Or OBJ did'nt listen to good advise?
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by SamAfrik(m): 11:12am On May 28, 2012
Hmmm Nigeria is indeed at CROSSROAD, things can only get better or worse. But I still choose to be optimistic.
Obviously, God is not happy with Nigeria & I believe it is time 2 act. This nation is indeed @ d centre of God's agenda 4 d world!
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by juman(m): 11:13am On May 28, 2012
velo10: I wish more Men of God could be as passionate, blunt and fearless like Peter Akinola

I also wish.

But in nigeria we only have "leaders" (all kind), but we don't have statemen.
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:14am On May 28, 2012
ujchief:
no wonder they keep banning u over and over again!

Did I lie?!
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by juman(m): 11:17am On May 28, 2012
Lucky gurl: Can't believe dis.Nigeria as a whole is doomed since her leaders arn't in support of prayas dat'll save her.God help us.

The so called leaders know that they dare God not except they want to perish.

Gen. abacha asked nigerians to pray for the nation even he paid for the prayer, some months latter he died.
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by donpeluchi(m): 11:30am On May 28, 2012
We need more men and women to tell our leaders off to their faces
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by Sealeddeal(m): 11:34am On May 28, 2012
This story must be true.GEJ has rebuffed such statement before by making direct rejoinder condemning a statement linking nigeria's failure to corruption.SMH...sorry nigeria
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by Nobody: 11:35am On May 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

U ppl should free the guy jor, he isnt a blind supporter lyk most ACN goons here, when GEJ go wrong, we condem him and not ignore it. sad
u dey mind them?...always sentimental..
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by Nobody: 11:42am On May 28, 2012
amosy007: jonathan d father of all corruption

Then what will you call OBJ and IBB...... Grandfather and great GrandFather of corruption undecided
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by Nobody: 11:45am On May 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

Its a typical Yoruba Mentality..... Thats why Nigeria is like this, as far as its a yoruba Man Innocent criminal is in their dictionary.
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by ohlala1: 11:49am On May 28, 2012
Waiting for Beaf to finish digging dirt on the Reverend gentleman grin
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by ujchief(m): 11:51am On May 28, 2012
Bestlyf: The message must have hit Dame very hard because when they were singing a hymn from the program book in their hands, she was just glaring, probably at the prelate. I wondered why she was so carried away then. Now I know.
Nope, she wasnt glaring at the bishop, neither was she carried away, she just couldnt find the lines they were reading in her hand book! Afterall, english isnt her mother tongue.
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by jmaine: 11:55am On May 28, 2012
ujchief:
hahahaha, PointB has finally given up on his incompetent oga! Welcome aboard! Stil waiting for Leomax and then Beaf.
You must have condoled so much nonescense that u had to throw in the towel.

Look closely again, that wasn't PointB , . . . .but some lazy arsss dude who must have prolly gotten a blue black PointB head smashing blows

Good to know PointB has been elevated to the nairaland godly status as Beaf grin

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by Bestlyf: 11:59am On May 28, 2012
donpeluchi: We need more men and women to tell our leaders off to their faces
Is it faces that are set as hard as flint that you are talking about? I bet after they left the church, the man of God became an object of gossip and criticism among them.
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by ujchief(m): 12:00pm On May 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Did I lie?!
my dear, my background and urs arent same. I was raised to reverend men of God, i was thought the bible passage that said we shouldnt judge another man's servant, for in his master's eyes, hes right or wrong. Also, i'v read where God comanded us not to 'touch His anointed, and do His prophet no harm. Men of God are God's servants, so i chose not to speak ill of them, for my own good.
So, u see, its all about up-bringing.
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by naptu2: 12:08pm On May 28, 2012
juman:

I commend the Arc Bishop for what he said.

The Arc Bishop was very close to OBJ when in power, why could not he advice him rightly?? OBJ failed totally.

Or OBJ did'nt listen to good advise?

You are inhuman, Akinola tells [Nigerian president] Obasanjo

Tuesday 6 September 2005

Primate of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Most Rev. Peter Jasper Akinola, on Saturday looked President Olusegun Obasanjo in the face and told him that he was harsh and inhuman going by the policies of his administration.

Akinola who was delivering a sermon at the final church service for the late Madam Oyindamola Adenuga, mother of Otunba Micheal Adenuga, chairman of Globacom, at Saint John’s Anglican Church, Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State, said majority of Nigerians had been impoverished following the harsh policies of the Obasanjo administration.

The cleric who also chided the president for coming late to the service, 45 minutes behind schedule, challenged him to constitute an independent body, devoid of ministers and other political ‘jobbers’ to gauge the true feelings of the generality of Nigerians about his government.

He noted that while very few people were enjoying the government’s agenda, majority of Nigerians were suffering as a result of the administration’s reforms which he said lacked human face.

He observed that since the government began to pursue its economic reforms; the economic lives of the common man have been paralysed.

“I believe in reforms, but they must have human face. People are suffering, and the president seems not to be bothered,” the clergy stressed.

According to him, “the president may not know because he only flies about without being at home to know how people fare in the country.”

Akinola who did not spare the president for coming late to the ceremony, chided him for keeping him and other members of the congregation waiting for several minutes.

The president had actually arrived the church, venue of the programme, 45 minutes behind schedule causing the congregation to murmur as his entourage arrived the church at about 10.45 a.m for the service slated for 10a.m.

Akinola who was unsparing in his chastisement of the president’s action urged the president to accord God the same respect he paid to “Aso Rock duties.”

“You kept the Primate waiting for 45 minutes, if you are to be in the Villa, you will come earlier,” he admonished President Obasanjo.

Responding, Obasanjo apologised profusely, saying it was not in his character to go late to events, let alone a church service.

He added that there were two people he would never argue with in his life, and the two people according to him, were the priest on the pulpit and a referee on the field of play.

He said there was a marked difference between a priest economist and a practical economist as he had made a pastor who is also his friend to realise in his discussion sometime ago

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/religion/1478146/posts

2 Likes

Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by kaeto(m): 12:13pm On May 28, 2012
onome25:
@poster u & sahara reporters shall rot in hell!!!
i don.t know y all this hate on GEJ, GEJ this GEJ that na waooooooh,which kind country be this self,y people no dey ever mind thier own business self... tufika!
sorry, where did u evolve from
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by ujchief(m): 12:15pm On May 28, 2012
jmaine:

Look closely again, that wasn't PointB , . . .
if thats truly an impersonator, then hes doing a good job with it. I stil believe thats pointB, who wouldnt be wary of suporting plain daftness?
jmaine:

Good to know PointB has been elevated to the nairaland godly status as Beaf grin
god ke? I would respect them more if only they can accept where and when their master goofed. But unfortunately, they swallow whatever their master throws at them, hook, line and sinker.
And u, oh jmaine, u seem to be feasting on both camps!
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by laCapri: 12:37pm On May 28, 2012
See what joblessness has causes.
congregation of jobless peeps all around.
Leave GEJ alone ooo.
Ur hatred towards GEJ would make u go insane.
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by noiseless: 12:50pm On May 28, 2012
I believe gej will take the massege home even though he was trashed by the preacher, he need to go home and ask God for courage to over come the political party backwardness.
Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by playboy19(m): 12:52pm On May 28, 2012
la Capri: See what joblessness has causes.
congregation of jobless peeps all around.
Leave GEJ alone ooo.
Ur hatred towards GEJ would make u go insane.

Some people's dumbness just never ceases to amaze me. How could someone in his right mind tell Nigerians to leave the idiota president they elected into office alone?

How old are you, by the way? And incase you are too young to know, this is not your average family problem where you tell your elder brother to leave your younger sister alone. This is a national problem, if ever you know what that means.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by Yinkay: 12:58pm On May 28, 2012
Ruben Abati has clarified the matter that protocol allows government officials to limited number of Amen or AMin in church or mosque prayer.If GEJ and co had answered more Amen, they would have break the constitution they solemnly sworn to uphold.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer by jmaine: 1:01pm On May 28, 2012
ujchief:
if thats truly an impersonator, then hes doing a good job with it. I stil believe thats pointB, who wouldnt be wary of suporting plain daftness?

god ke? I would respect them more if only they can accept where and when their master goofed. But unfortunately, they swallow whatever their master throws at them, hook, line and sinker.
And u, oh jmaine, u seem to be feasting on both camps!

lol @ feasting on both camps . . .don't get it twisted, am a GEJ supporter with no hassles whatsoever . . .only an ignorant person will feel GEJ and company are the only corrupt leaders we have at present . . .

You have to admire the impeccable blunt and ear piercing truth the Man of God dished out in the most brutal and undiluted fashion . . .now this one is for you == > say the truth, if you were in that congregation . . .and you were among them . .will you scream amen cheesy . . .anyone who has the temerity to say that would, without his/her conscience pricking them should be regarded as a stone cold looter and treasury robber grin . . .

That aside . . .That prayer was for the entire political class in Nigeria . . . An "absolute" majority are very corrupt . .only the magnitude,office strata and closeness to cash seperates them . . .replace one with the other and magic things will still be happening as regards corruption . . .Sad truth cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ene Ofugara Writes To Festus Keyamo For Not Supporting Ese Oruru / Joe Igbokwe: "Boma Goodhead's Actions Were Scripted During NASS Siege" / 'We Will Resist Any Attempt To Illegally Impeach Saraki' – Senator Gyunka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.