Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,722 members, 7,885,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:24 PM

Feeling Depressed And Sad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feeling Depressed And Sad (1369 Views)

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered / I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeling Depressed And Sad by Excelboi(m): 5:18am On May 28, 2012
Hi members, i have a problem budging me and it is making me restless. Sometimes i feel sad and depressed and this happens especially when i purchase something of recent. It has been happening for years now and i want to know if it's normal and anybody experiencing such... Advise pls
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by Nobody: 6:11am On May 28, 2012
Maybe you're suffering from buyers remorse.
Look it up and decide.
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by moremi2008(m): 7:24am On May 28, 2012
Do you have a problem with spending? Or are you a compulsive shopper? You might have a particularly strong case of buyer's remorse. In the West, you just return the stuff you bought the next day or week or month! But I am sure you can't do that in Naija and that might explain the depression.
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by ZUBY77(m): 7:33am On May 28, 2012
Start selling your properties. It will make you happy..
It is very easy to be wiwe, just think of a silly thing and do the opposite.
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by taryour(f): 10:07am On May 28, 2012
Op,how often do u buy gift for ur parents or grandparents? Is there anyone u av promised a gift and u are yet to fufill? Do u give alms to d needy and offering in church?do u give ur tithe regularly? If u are a married man,are u comfortable with ur kids skulls,is ur wife workin or doin a good bizness?

I guess u feel bad after purchasin items only to realise u ad more pending and very impotant tins to do with d money. Causion ur spendings and buy only tins dat are very impotant,dont buy tins on impulse cos u just myt never use dem. Ensure u send gift or cash to ur parents as often as u can, thier daily prayers are very important in our lives. And pray very well.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by Excelboi(m): 6:13pm On May 28, 2012
moremi2008: Do you have a problem with spending? Or are you a compulsive shopper? You might have a particularly strong case of buyer's remorse. In the West, you just return the stuff you bought the next day or week or month! But I am sure you can't do that in Naija and that might explain the depression.
Exactly. I bought a Bold 2 6days ago and it had some minor problem so i returned it. I was given a bold 3 and everytin seem okay but sometime i feel like returning it and collecting my money. A guy saw me today and saw the phone and was like this phone is not that good, bold 2 is better bla bla bla.... He convinced me to return it and have made up my mind to return or sell it tomorrow, do it worth the stress and how can i cure such a feeling, pls help.
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by moremi2008(m): 6:42pm On May 28, 2012
Excelboi: Exactly. I bought a Bold 2 6days ago and it had some minor problem so i returned it. I was given a bold 3 and everytin seem okay but sometime i feel like returning it and collecting my money. A guy saw me today and saw the phone and was like this phone is not that good, bold 2 is better bla bla bla.... He convinced me to return it and have made up my mind to return or sell it tomorrow, do it worth the stress and how can i cure such a feeling, pls help.

You probably can't "cure" it. Some people's brain chemistry predisposes them to certain types of anxieties and moods. If you were based in the US, I would have recommended going to see a therapist. The best you can do in Nigeria is manage your feelings. Now that you have an idea of what triggers your feelings of depression, try to avoid those triggers. Never make big purchases without weeks of deliberation and without seeking 3rd party advice first. You can also try never leaving home with too much cash in your wallet so you don't buy expensive things compulsively.
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 28, 2012
Excelboi: Exactly. I bought a Bold 2 6days ago and it had some minor problem so i returned it. I was given a bold 3 and everytin seem okay but sometime i feel like returning it and collecting my money. A guy saw me today and saw the phone and was like this phone is not that good, bold 2 is better bla bla bla.... He convinced me to return it and have made up my mind to return or sell it tomorrow, do it worth the stress and how can i cure such a feeling, pls help.

Typical case of buyers remorse.
Actually, i could help to counsel you for a fee. . . cheesy

Now that Nigeria is going cashless, lot's of people are going to be in trouble.
The ATM card is a quick way of spending money and i can't tell you to leave it at home because of emergencies.

Bottom line, condition your mind.
Make up your mind that you ain't buying anything except it is extremely necessary.

Best of luck.
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by moremi2008(m): 6:57pm On May 28, 2012
BlueDiva:

Typical case of buyers remorse.
Actually, i could help to counsel you for a fee. . . cheesy

Now that Nigeria is going cashless, lot's of people are going to be in trouble.
The ATM is a quick way of spending money and i can't tell you to leave it at home because of emergencies.

Bottom line, condition your mind.
Make up your mind that you ain't buying anything except it is extremely necessary.

Best of luck.

Nigeria is not going to go cashless anytime soon! This is just another one of Sanusi's many delusions.
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by Excelboi(m): 7:03pm On May 28, 2012
Thanks Bluediva and moremi... May be i should just accept my fate... More advise still needed though... That is life sha
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by Excelboi(m): 7:07pm On May 28, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by ifyalways(f): 7:25pm On May 28, 2012
Sharp business man.
Rofl
Re: Feeling Depressed And Sad by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 28, 2012
moremi2008:

Nigeria is not going to go cashless anytime soon! This is just another one of Sanusi's many delusions.

LOL. . .Don't bet on it.

(1) (Reply)

Widow Confesses: I’m Now A Prostitute Because Of El-rufai’s Abuja Demolition / How To Become An Adorable Woman / You Are Dead To Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.