Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:46 AM

Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don (1878 Views)

Some Fact Abt Shitte Muslim Sect / Oyo State Bans Arsuna Islamic Sect / 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 10:38am On May 28, 2012
The acting Head of
Department of Political
Science, University of
Ibadan, Dr O.B.C
Nwolise, has said
injustice to the Boko
Haram sect has been
the major cause of
series of bombing
being witnessed today
in the country.
Nwolise made this
remark at the 25th
annual general
conference and the
silver jubilee
anniversary of Retired
Army, Navy, and
Airforce Officers
(RANAO) Association
of Nigeria, Oyo State
chapter, Ibadan.
He said the country
had not been fair to
the sect after the
death of their leader,
Yusuf Mohammed.
“Boko Haram
commenced on the
platform of injustice
done to the sect when
their leader,
Mohammed Yusuf, and
about 700 of their
members were killed
their leader and many
others were murdered
in cold blood, with the
state doing nothing to
apprehend and try the
policemen responsible.
Yet, we claim to be a
democracy, practising
the rule of law. From
the protest actions of
the sect against this
injustice, which made
me insist that Boko
Haram was not a
terrorist body.
“Hence today people
are worried about
Boko Haram with
international linkages.
It is a pity that we run
a state that is lazy in
thinking, never
forward looking, and
too stingy over
security matters,”
Nwolise stated.
“There would have
been no Boko Haram
today, if our state
gave justice to the
sect and dialogued
early enough. But the
state always believe in
the
Lugardian style of
using military strategy
to crush every
decendent group.
“Our governments
failed to see that
Americans declared
war on (Al-Qaeda)
terror in 2001, and 11
years after, they have
not won that war. If I
may ask, which
national army has ever
won a terrorist war,''
Nwolise stated.
Source: http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/41591-injustice-to-sect-cause-of-boko-haram-bombings-don
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 10:40am On May 28, 2012
Please don't crucify me for copying and pasting this here. Crucify the don.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by Nobody: 11:44am On May 28, 2012
Dr been
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 12:10pm On May 28, 2012
patriot2:
Some scholars are too eager to join the wrong side of history, the same happened in europe when their finest scholars were joining the nazis and praising the genocide on the jews. One thing this "scholar" forgets is that before yusuf was killed, him and his terrorist gang were already committing mayhem, they were mass killing policement and civilians already, that is what led to the arrest and execution of yusuf, so you can not use that to justify the deadly nature of the bok harm people. Moreover govt has already tried to dialogue with them before, govt even gave them money to appease them, but the only thing they used that money to do was to buy new bombs and kill more people. Moreover I think the killing of ben laden, the inability of alqaida to do anything in america and the devastation of the nations who were protecting alqaida is a victory on alqaida by the US army.
We just need solution to the frequent bombing so that we can move forward as a nation and feel secure wherever we are in this country. The Boko Haram crisis has greatly affected the price of food crops (beans, peppers and grains generally) in the market because farmers are now fleeing their environment for dear lifes.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 28, 2012
Dr been
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 4:31pm On May 28, 2012
patriot2:
It is "their lives" not "dear lives". Moreover the southern farmers are not running away from the south, the only things that cost more in the south are the things which come from the north. So there is no food problem in the south. The problem is the suicide aptitude of the north: why protect people who set themselves to starve you ?
It is like you are looking for a quick solution, like "dialogue" paying the terrorists and other means like this. But the problem is those "solutions" prop up more terrorists and even makes terror a business. The only way to bring security is to crush boko haram, kill them all! Or else surrender to lawlessness ?!
Mr English, go and research more on the use of English language because I'm not one to be corrected here. I'm not above correction but it's not "their" but "dear". Sometimes people use "their dear lives" which is also wrong. Please research and come back here. Thanks.
Back on the topic, May be you should pay a visit to the market to convince yourself that there are no farmers in the south but in the north. And again about your negotiation stuff, if that's what will bring peace let it be so. You only need to ask Southerners living in the north how life is over there, yet to relocate is not an easy task for them. Did I hear you mention quick solution? I didn't know that you want it to linger on for decades. Hope you're not one of the people whose egos will be bruised if it finally comes to dialogue because I didn't say anything closer to dialogue in my posts so far.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 28, 2012
Dr been
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2012
patriot2: Hum ! so in the south people are too stupid to farm ?! While they possess a very rich soil.
Before Nigeria came to exist how were the people in the southern kingdoms living ? Were they also waiting for northerners to grow crops ? My friend I am a southerner, there are at least 50 times more farms in the south, I have my own farm, my neighbours have their own, actually I know nobody who doesn't have a farm in the south. The price of my food has not changed a bit. And for your "dialogue" solution I will repeat what you completely ignored before: if you "dialogue" with one terrorist groupe today then people will start thinking terrorism is a way to make money and therefore you will wake up with 200 terrorist groups tomorrow, and so on. The only thing to do is to kill the terrorists till the last one. By the way it is "their lives".
"Their" is a possessive pronoun but that is irrelevant to my message here. "dear" is used to qualify something you value. I hope you've got the basis of my "dear lives". I know it was very strange to you, but at least you've leant now that the use of english is not always straight forward like maths where you say 1+1=2.
Back on topic: I'm a Southerner too, but not everybody you know owns farm. We have fertile and rich soil, and unlike North we can cultivate by relying only on raining water but the truth is that Southerners are moving away from farming. We should stop deceiving ourselves that as at today we match North in terms of agricultural practices. Hell no! The only hedge we have today is any agricultural products that has to do with trees including fruits. But grains, peppers and onions, forget it.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by Fr0sbel: 10:29pm On May 29, 2012
I tend to 'agree' with this article.

We have to be careful about all the injustices we keep meting out to the other BokoHaram affiliated groups in Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, UK, France, Palestine , Yemen, Egypt etc etc.

Stop the injustice against all these 'innocent ' groups otherwise they will kill in large numbers !!!!
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 29, 2012
Dr been
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 29, 2012
Dr been
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 9:15am On May 30, 2012
patriot2: can you also say "they were running for dear wives" or "they were running for dear fathers", I don't think so! your expression is not correct, and I think if what you are saying about farming is true then now is the time for southerners to gather and build agricultural companies, all the market of the north will fall into our hands, we will become rich. Though what you said didn't make any sense, just tell me why southerners would be moving away from agriculture ? It seems to me that moving into it could make you rich today, moreover we import most of what we consume from outside Nigeria any ways, so ...
Hell no! There is nothing like "dear fathers or dear wives". This means this is first time you're coming across "dear lives". "dear lives" is exclusively used for a situation where you're trying to escape a violent situation (environment) just to protect your life and it usually comes up in combination with "run, ran or running".
Case One: they have to protect their lives.
Case Two: they have to run for dear lives. "their" in case one simply acts as possessive pronoun while case two doesn't make use of possessive pronoun but only uses "dear" to tell us that they consider their lives as something precious. And that was why I said some people at times tried to use "their dear lives" which English linguists also pointed out to us as being a wrong combination. If you argue further, I think I'll have to dig something up from my long forgotten books to prove to you that my sentence was correct.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 9:33am On May 30, 2012
Fr0sbel: I tend to 'agree' with this article.

We have to be careful about all the injustices we keep meting out to the other BokoHaram affiliated groups in Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, UK, France, Palestine , Yemen, Egypt etc etc.

Stop the injustice against all these 'innocent ' groups otherwise they will kill in large numbers !!!!

Whatever you meant, I wouldn't develop headache in trying to figure it out. All what I know is that there are always two approaches to any crisis or unrest be it in the family, house, community, state, nation or world: first is carrot approach and the other is stick approach. Your approach as someone who wants to solve the problem will be largely determined by whether you see the situation as one that arise due to injustice or caused by stup!d ideology. And you chose the one you prefer but if it doesn't work, you still need to halt and evaluate your decision and action taken so far and re-decide what action needed to be taken again. Remember, the end result (peace) is what matters most to you and the populace but not the method you used in achieving it. And you don't necessarily need to compromise. Unless there is issue of egos involved.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 9:52am On May 30, 2012
Back to topic. We farm in the South and they also farm in the North. And yes, we import food as well. But you need to ask yourself why is it that the only time of the season we eat our own maize, tomatoes, yam in the South is only during their harvest time but for the rests of the year, we only eat maize, tomatoes and yam brought down here from the North? While I don't even think we grow beans, cowpeas, onions at all. I may not know all the reasons why where moving away from farming down South but I know few reasons. One, South South happens to have fertile soil but oil exploration there is causing oil spillage that has made most of their soil unfit for farming. Quest for education and, which in turn leads to preference for white collar jobs in the South is another factor. Even those who study agriculture are not interested in farming be it mechanised or otherwise.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 30, 2012
Dr been
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 30, 2012
Dr been
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 1:47am On Jun 01, 2012
patriot2: I don't really consider justice as an issue of ego, these people have killed more than two thousand human beings, if they don't deserve prison and execution then who deserves it ?
How would it even make sense to arrest any body who commits a crime any more ? And the criminals in prison all committed lesser crimes than boko haram, shall we free all the jails ? And I don't see how allowing mass killers stay in our society would help the citizens live a better life. I don't see how we could accomodate with people who have threatened to kill some of our best role models, e.g: Wole Soyinka and the president. And who have been making killing people because they are not muslims a priority. And let me repeat again, apeasement for these people will prop up two hundred just like them and there we go again, and so on, untill Nigeria has become like Somalia: ungovernable, and the true rulers are the terrorists. If you can't understand this then you are really not intelligible.
I know people like you. You always want other people to believe that your opinion on an issue is the best but when others counter you intelligently, you will just lose it and start calling them names. So, if I don't agree with your crap, it means I'm not intelligent. Just listen to yourself. What if this sect has come to the negotiating table as your president wanted it? Would you have called me unintelligent? Or, you're telling me that you're not aware that your president has been calling them for dialogue? Do not insult me because I have a contrary view to yours, it makes you even more unintelligent than me. Remember, I'm not holding brief for them but only trying to be objective. Do you even have an idea of how many of them have been killed and how many are in prison? They, govt and civilians, be it Muslims or christians have bad stories to tell. All I want is peace and I'm not much concern about how we achieve it. We just need bury our individual egos.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 2:06am On Jun 01, 2012
patriot2: You really know little about the south for someone claiming to be from the south, do you think the drilling is on the whole surface of the south -south ? And do you mean the south west and the south east do not have fertile ground ? You are not from the south, or you have never been in the south. Even a seven year old person from the south could correct you on this.
Well, I'll let you dwell on whether I'm from South or North. But in my last post, did I ever mention that South West and South East lack fertile soil? I only told you part of the South that has had part of their farm land destroyed by oil exploration and by extension, spilage. And when you remove that part where oil activities are going on in the South South, it has tipped the balance in the favour of North in terms of total land available for farming in the North and the South. This is in addition to their land mass which is almost tripple of what we have down here. When you're reading texts written by someone else, you need to be careful of faulty deduction. I can only continue in this discussion slash arguement if I continue to see the kind of maturity I expect to see. Thanks.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by ZhulFiqar: 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
this is a message to the moderator (Maclatunji) who is banning Shia members (including my senior brother "LagosShia") on the forum in a bid to silence them.you should know firstly that this forum isn't your father's property.even the owner appreciates the fact that the forum is a public forum.

you are abusing your mandate and portraying yourself as insane.May Allah (swt) hold you accountable for your tyranny online.you should know that we are many and if we wish,we can gather up to 100 members in this forum to make sure nothing but Islam as the Shia follow it in its pure form (not sunnism/wahhabism) prevails.

be mindful of Allah tabaraka.if you refuse to act responsibly,we'd make sure you get fed-up in moderating this forum.we'd turn it into a mess.your planned assault at a specific group of people is disgraceful.

i hope Seun sees this or if things do not change i'd make sure the nonsense prevailing here gets to his knowledge.i wonder what type of moderator take sides.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by Princewell2012(m): 4:19am On Jun 09, 2012
I do not see any injustice againt or to any bokoharam, I belive the gorvenment have done what they are suppose to do so if any body calls that an injustice, that fellow support terorism these boko haram have never tell us their problem or their griviances they are simply because of religion the the gorvenment did what they suppose to do and are not owing anybody an apology. Boko haram is just another gruop of terorist in nigeria, they are just trying to use that to cover their crimes a terorist is a group of muslims who believe they are fighting for God by killing any body who does not believe in the teachings of muhammed, so why should the government go into dialogue with such people
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 8:50pm On Jun 15, 2012
Princewell2012: I do not see any injustice againt or to any bokoharam, I belive the gorvenment have done what they are suppose to do so if any body calls that an injustice, that fellow support terorism these boko haram have never tell us their problem or their griviances they are simply because of religion the the gorvenment did what they suppose to do and are not owing anybody an apology. Boko haram is just another gruop of terorist in nigeria, they are just trying to use that to cover their crimes a terorist is a group of muslims who believe they are fighting for God by killing any body who does not believe in the teachings of muhammed, so why should the government go into dialogue with such people
Believe what you want to believe and let the person who made the statement believes what he wanted to believe. After all, it is a free world but the final decision belongs to the FG. As for your comment about the teachings of prophet, I think BH has killed more Muslims than Christians. Though I agree that they destroy churches but leave mosques. Are you now telling me that those Muslims killed by them didn't believe in prophet's teachings as well.
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by Princewell2012(m): 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
maasoap: Believe what you want to believe and let the person who made the statement believes what he wanted to believe. After all, it is a free world but the final decision belongs to the FG. As for your comment about the teachings of prophet, I think BH has killed more Muslims than Christians. Though I agree that they destroy churches but leave mosques. Are you now telling me that those Muslims killed by them didn't believe in prophet's teachings as well.
you did'nt get their logic, the only muslims they attacked are the ones who do not support them, if you are a muslim and you believe in western education they believe you are not part of then, so they will fight againt you, infact they will hate you the more, because they believe you are causing confussion among then, most especially those in the government. All they wanted is sharia, and anyone who goes against them are their enemy they don't care where you comes. And the religion you belong, since it goes contrary to their teaching and believe so you did not agree with me that boko haram are terrorist?
Re: Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don by maasoap(m): 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2012
Princewell2012: you did'nt get their logic, the only muslims they attacked are the ones who do not support them, if you are a muslim and you believe in western education they believe you are not part of then, so they will fight againt you, infact they will hate you the more, because they believe you are causing confussion among then, most especially those in the government. All they wanted is sharia, and anyone who goes against them are their enemy they don't care where you comes. And the religion you belong, since it goes contrary to their teaching and believe so you did not agree with me that boko haram are terrorist?
I didn't quote myself here and what I posted here was not said by me, check it again. But if you want my opinion about them, they're fighting injustice but using violent means and indiscreminate killings to either get govt attention or cause more chaos. But as I said earlier, FG's decision is the final. No matter you think about them or who they are, no matter I think about them or who they are since you and me, and others will continue to have different opinion on the issue. If FG says they are terrorists, they are. If FG says they are not, they are not.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Section A Mosque? / Mathna - Experience Is The Best Teacher! / Umar Vs Holy Prophet: Battle For Superiority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.