Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,408 members, 7,911,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 10:41 PM

Syrian Massacre - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Syrian Massacre (1725 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / Massacre Of 147 people In Kenya: Face Behind The Attack / Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Syrian Massacre by garbigarba: 1:34am On May 29, 2012
On Friday May 25th around 3pm, Civilian
militias loyal to President Bashar Assad of
Syria stormed the province of Homs, in the
Syrian town of Houla, and went from house to
house murdering entire families one by one.
They'd kill the mothers first, tie up the children, and make the fathers watch as they execute
the children, before finally killing the fathers. The massacre started by 3pm Friday afternoon
and didn't end till 2am Saturday morning. And
by the time the armed thugs were done, 106
lost their lives, including 47 children between 3
months old and 10 years who had either been
shot or stabbed to death. What happened last weekend is by far the
bloodiest attacks in one area since the uprising
against the Syrian President began in March
2011. In one case, three generations of one
family was wiped out. You raise your hands against children? You tie
them up and shoot them? May these men not
know peace. Very graphic photos of the
children massacred when you continue..

www.lindaikeji..com/2012/05/syrian-children-massacred-graphic.html?m=1

Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 4:38am On May 29, 2012
this is what happens when you don't have oil

the world watches while psychotic dictators go to town on their citizens sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 7:49am On May 29, 2012
and it gets worse . . .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9296135/Syria-using-rape-as-weapon-against-opposition-women-and-men.html

In the jails and interrogation centres of secret police, prisoners have been brutalised, either at the hands of officers, or more often with a bottle or other utensil.

"In detention facilities rape is clearly used as a form of torture to humiliate and degrade people, and to bring back the wall of fear," said Nadim Khoury, Deputy Director for the Middle East at Human Rights Watch.

The claims come as Britain prepares to launch a campaign against rape as a weapon of war that will be the centrepiece of its presidency of the G8 countries next year.

William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, will today recruit the Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie to highlight the issue at a meeting at the Foreign Office.

He has ordered the establishment of a special diplomatic team to document and help ensure the prosecution of sexual war crimes in conflict zones to support the initiative.

Meanwhile refugees fleeing Syria have told the Telegraph that regime militia are using rape and the threat of it to scare the opposition.

An activist calling himself Rami who has spent the past months helping families escape into neighbouring Jordan said: "There was a 17 year old boy. He was in a terrible condition. He would sit and cry and refused to eat or speak to anyone," said Rami. "Eventually with the help of a councillor he opened up. He had been arrested at a protest. When he was taken to a detention centre two officers had raped him".

"I know of many cases like him. They would throw raped male protesters back out on the streets as a warning to others," said Rami.

Rami is a wanted man by the regime. Months earlier he was forced to flee his home town of Dera'a leaving his wife 'Hadija' alone at home with their five children.

Late one night, ten 'shabiha' [government paramilitaries] broke into the bedroom where she and her daughters were asleep.

"They tore at my nightgown trying to strip me. I started screaming. My daughter was crying," said Hadija. "They were taking videos and photos on their phones".

The men only fled when neighbours who heard the commotion intervened.

A week later four of them returned. "I promised that my husband would hand himself him," said Hadija. "They said; 'Tell your husband that we have seen your breasts and we have stripped you. Next time we are going to rape you and we film it and air it everywhere'".

Terrified, she gathered her children and fled to stay with relatives on the outskirts of the city, never staying in one home for more than a few days.

"They [security forces] did the same with many others. It became known that the sister, wife, or daughter of anyone who was fighting might be raped, and many were," said Hadija. "Now those who are wanted take their wives and daughters with them."

The situation is worse in Baba Amr, the former rebel bastion that was crushed by regime forces, said refugees in Jordan.

"In Homs they treat the women as spoils of war," said Fathima, who fled from Baba Amr.

Fathima's husband had been leading a rebel unit in Baba Amr when the district fell and soldiers began conducting house-to-house raids. Hurriedly she hid her husband, children and thirteen year old brother in law in a secret cranny in their home before opening the door.

"One of the men wanted to see inside the pantry. Then he grabbed me hard by the hand and tried to drag me inside. I resisted, I was praying, "in God I put my faith" out loud. I freed my hand but he grabbed me by the waist. He tried to rip my clothes away," said Fathima.

"I didn't want to scream because I knew my husband would come and then they would kill him".

On this occasion Fathima said she was saved when another soldier who shouted at the men to leave the house. Others were not so lucky she said; "It is common in Homs. Relatives on my husband's side were found killed, among them Hameda, a 17-year-old girl, who had been raped".

Documenting cases of rape against women is extremely difficult in Syria's conservative society where a family's honour is tied to the virtue of its women. The mere suggestion of compromised chastity, no matter the circumstance, is a stain that can make the victim and her entire family outcasts.

Particularly in rural communities in Syria, the mere threat that women may be being raped is having terrible consequences.

"We know of cases where husbands have divorced their wives, casting them from their homes, just because they were taken to a detention centre and so might have been raped," said a Syria researcher for the global campaign group Avaaz.

"This is happening but it is not something people talk about. Women who were raped can no longer get married. Their life went like that," said Hadija snapping her fingers together.
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 7:55am On May 29, 2012
Damn!!!!!! And the world is watching, No, this is so sad, Assad should be hanged by the balls, But why why why.. These are kids for crying out loud, are they trying to wipe off a generation? When the revolution in Libya began, Ghadaffi never did 1/10 of this before drones started flying over the roof of Benghazi & Tripoli... Why have UN & US left Syrian to there fate...
The only answer we have are analysis Upon analysis from some western political analyst & university historian who never left there comfort zone and sipping Coffee in the studios of CNN & Al jazeera on a sunny afternoon... Harsh world indeed
Re: Syrian Massacre by LagosShia: 1:05am On May 31, 2012
[size=18pt]Phony ‘Houla Massacre’: How Media Manipulates Public Opinion For Regime Change in Syria[/size]

Intelligent skeptics should see through the media’s smoke screen in order to work out what is really going on in Syria

Patrick Henningsen
Infowars.com
May 28, 2012

If you are still needing an academic tutorial on exactly how the mainstream media is able to generate a completely phony public consensus to support foreign intervention projects, you need look no further than the dangerous, fictional narrative currently being rolled out regarding Syria.

This past Saturday and Sunday morning, almost every major corporate mainstream newspaper and TV network in North America and in Europe ran with the average headline, “Massacre of the children as Syrian forces hit rebels”, giving hundreds of millions of readers and viewers to artificial impression that it was Syrian government forces – and not western-backed terrorist groups, who carried out a massacre on children and others days ago - even though, the true culprit of these attacks has not yet been determined – a fact which was only briefly mentioned later on in these very same media reports.

One of the UK best-selling weekend papers and most widely read online journals, Guardian media group’s The Observer, ran such a headline – one which shamelessly implied that the Syrian government carried out a massacre in Houla. This was used to shape public opinion in Europe, a reality which is later shaped for the North American market.

Corporate Journalism: The Art of Deception
It shouldn’t take a genius to see through this relentless western effort to takeover Syria, but not having learned their lesson from Libya, so many hard working and well educated westerners are bound to fall for it all over again.

Cui bono? Who benefits… from another civilian massacre? Clearly not the Syrian government. But western-backed terrorist groups who have been working to destabilize the country for over one year now, do clearly benefit.

Who would be the chief suspect for this latest massacre? How about the western-backed terrorists in Syria – the very same terrorist groups admitted to their own bombing campaign that killed many innocent people in Syria only weeks ago.

Important to add here also, that the latest child massacre in Syria has been reported as being “done with knives” – which doesn’t sound like a government attack to any intelligent reader.

Do not underestimate for one second just how pivotal the western corporate media is in advancing an agenda of global destabilization:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u54hFGlJchA

As we have seen used before in Syria and Libya, the alleged massacre in question is based entirely on unsubstantiated evidence, in this case its more uploaded ‘Youtube’ footage:

“Videos uploaded to the Internet and purporting to be from Houla show many dead and badly mutilated infants. Residents say some victims were killed with knives, while many more died from 18 hours of relentless shelling that left buildings wrecked and homes destroyed in a large residential area near the centre of town.”

Origins of these ‘Youtube video’ are still unknown, but the media machine and certain UN officials have already cited them as “evidence”. Also note that in the YouTube videos, many of the dead children appear to be shot in the heads with fire arms at close range, but this has not stopped certain ‘UN observers’ from accusing the Syrian government from killing children with tank shelling.

Mainstream Media 101
In order to shape consensus reality, first you need to frame the event. Here the story begins by laying soft blame on the Syrian government…

Syria‘s fragile peace process is in shreds after what was claimed to be a regime-backed massacre…”

… and then proceeding to carefully cover themselves, so to speak, but retracting the allegations deeper into the article:

“Major General Robert Mood, head of the UN team in Syria, deplored the attack, which began at midday on Friday, as “indiscriminate and unforgivable” but did not say who had been to blame.”

Notice how the article itself states clearly that the persons responsible for the massacre is yet to be known, but The Observer has already framed the conclusion within the headline and in the beginning of the story, in order to fit a pre-determined conclusion. This conclusion happens to be directly in line with Washington and London’s foreign policy objective of regime change in Syria.

Take notes. Because this is how it’s done, time and time again – another clear example how large media outlets can effectively drive reality in the direction of their choosing, and this is why so many millions of public media consumers are left misinformed and dis informed, eventually leading to a marginal public endorsement of Washington, London and Tel Aviv’s interventionist foreign policy objectives.

Hours after this fake story was circulated in the GMT timezone, it made its way to EST, as the New York Times picks up the ball and runs it down the field. Here the story is further refined to streamline it with regime change policy objectives, codifying reality within North American sector, claiming that:

“More than 90 people, including at least 32 children under the age of 10, were killed in a central Syrian village, top United Nations officials said Saturday, accusing the government of perpetrating the “indiscriminate” shelling of civilian neighborhoods.”

And finally, the Washington Post weighs in with their attempt to corner Russia and China on the issue, rounding out the artificial verdict today with their headline, “U.N. Security Council blames Syrian government for civilian massacre”, claiming that:

“The U.N. Security Council on Sunday blamed the Syrian government for most of the deaths in a massacre of 116 civilians in the village of Houla, issuing a unanimous statement condemning the killings that was supported by Syria’s staunch allies Russia and China.”

Shortly thereafter, the UN’s Ban Ki Moon and Save the Children charity weigh in with carefully-craft statements, but statements that are obviously framed and directed towards Syria’s Assad government, and not Gulf States, Washington and London-backed terrorist gangs currently operating under an all but official western mandate within Syria and from their NATO-sanctioned base over the border in southern Turkey. Reality is further shaped by the

London Guardian’s Observer and others, with an official “international outcry”:

“The international community was united in its condemnation. UN secretary general Ban Ki-moon said the killings were a “flagrant violation of international law” while the White House called the violence acts of “unspeakable and inhuman brutality.” Arab League head Nabil Elaraby said the killings were a “horrific crime” and urged UN action.

Save the Children’s chief executive, Justin Forsyth, echoed calls for intervention. He said: “This indiscriminate killing must stop now. The world cannot sit back and allow this to happen. Children are suffering terribly in this conflict.”

Even the BBC have gone so far as to run 9 year old photographs from Iraq, and sell them as from this latest massacre of children in Syria. Any other foreign media outlet in the UK would have its broadcasting license pulled for such a propaganda stunt. In the face of such damning manipulation, why then would so many people still believe the mainstream media’s version of reality in countries like Syria?

But what is a more closer version of reality is this:

Western-backed terrorists, many of whom are al-Qaida, mostly hailing from outside of Syria, are fomenting civil war and carrying out a series of attacks on UN observers and civilians, in order to create the preferred western narrative that “Assad must go.”

Western readers should be under no illusion – your government operators are sanctioning civilian killing in places like Syria, and your corporate media are being used to place the blame on the west’s political enemy in the region – and therefore influence western public support for regime change.

After over one year of intervening through their own favored terrorist guerrilla proxy fighters and running arms into Syria – arms that are admittedly for going into the hands of western-backed al-Qaida groups there, the west has not yet succeeded in toppling the Assad government and installing a new puppet regime, as they did by using NATO military force in Libya last autumn. But western project managers like Hillary Clinton and William Hague have not given up, and if their corporate media outlets are allowed to determine their version reality in Syria, they will eventually get their “humanitarian intervention”, and the country will slowly be destroyed from within. Then regime change will happen.

It’s as simple as that.

The Syrian people are the ones who will eventually lose if Washington, London, Tel Aviv and the Gulf States succeed in destroying that country, as they have done in Libya and Iraq.

When this is done, then they will move on to destabilize Lebanon in order to unseat and neutralize Hezbollah.

After that, the door to attack Iran will be wide open.

There’s your World War Three in earnest.

source: Infowars.com
Re: Syrian Massacre by LagosShia: 1:06am On May 31, 2012
review:

"Suicide Bomber Auction In Saudi Arabia To Destabilize Syria"

https://www.nairaland.com/951367/suicide-bomber-auction-saudi-arabia
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 6:41am On May 31, 2012
Some people will immediately jump into band wagon and start accusing the regime of brutality, while they fail to do research themselves. Yes it's true because I found it on the news: Most who do not even know where Syria is located. The problem in Syria is way more complicated so do your research or shut the hell up.
Re: Syrian Massacre by justwise(m): 6:57am On May 31, 2012
donedy: Some people will immediately jump into band wagon and start accusing the regime of brutality, while they fail to do research themselves. Yes it's true because I found it on the news: Most who do not even know where Syria is located. The problem in Syria is way more complicated so do your research or shut the hell up.

LagosShia: review:

"Suicide Bomber Auction In Saudi Arabia To Destabilize Syria"

https://www.nairaland.com/951367/suicide-bomber-auction-saudi-arabia

I found it heartbreaking to look at bodies of kids killed in cold blood the same way i found it disgusting to read from you two shamelessly crying about media coverage and the west rather than the lives of kids being wasted.
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 8:33am On May 31, 2012
donedy: Some people will immediately jump into band wagon and start accusing the regime of brutality, while they fail to do research themselves. Yes it's true because I found it on the news: Most who do not even know where Syria is located. The problem in Syria is way more complicated so do your research or shut the hell up.
U should STUF,what stoopid research av u succeeded in doing frm d comfort of ur home.u are even worse than assad
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 31, 2012
justwise:

I found it heartbreaking to look at bodies of kids killed in cold blood the same way i found it disgusting to read from you two shamelessly crying about media coverage and the west rather than the lives of kids being wasted.

i am ashamed that my fellow muslims would rather bury their heads in the sand

what does the Quran say about oppressors? how can you post this rubbish while people are being murdered in cold blood? angry angry angry angry

look at the rubbish lagos shia is referencing as an authentic source

the west has done and may do nothing in syria because syria has no oil
Re: Syrian Massacre by justwise(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2012
oyb:

what does the Quran say about oppressors? how can you post this rubbish while people are being murdered in cold blood? angry angry angry angry

What exactly are you going on about? By the way. . why do you want to west to step-in?
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 31, 2012
oyb:

I think u are quoting the wrong person
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 31, 2012
ogbeche77: U should STUF,what stoopid research av u succeeded in doing frm d comfort of ur home.u are even worse than assad

You see that is the kind of deluded mentality that I am talking about: The kind of idiosyncrasy that has retro-gated the black continent. I would know how Assad happens to be the evil one while the rebels becomes the innocent ones. An outsider will carry out research and present to fools like you, and you will immediately jump onto the band-wagon. It's actually obvious most of you here are bunch of religious fanatics that's the reason your brains are now deadlocked.

No one is blaming the West for you guys foolishness. It just that people like you are too blind and lazy to comprehend what's happening. Why is Russia and China against any sanctions? They don't because they know it is a group of organized Idiots intentionally planning to change regime just to put on religious bigots like you into power like they did in Libya. Please read CNN and also try RT.com if your dumbness cannot allow you to think.

A group of people were killed, the main Media say Assad, then a deluded black man agrees to it. However they later changed it from being the soldiers to being a group of militia working for the government. Go and carry gun and demonstrate against against GEJ like your fellow SNG did just because your master say he is a dictator and see if you will see light again.

I am sorry for those who have been killed, but everyone has to go similar circumstance in life. A bunch of thugs supported by Idiots to meddle into the political framework of a sovereign nation: the results are a chaotic nation and more investment opportunities for the Idiots once the storm settles.

The same uprising has being happening in Bahrain and no major media is covering it because the main media used by your masters know that the trouble will escalate once media propaganda surpass the reality on the ground.
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 31, 2012
justwise:

I found it paradoxically funny also to have someone with the username, justwise, jumping into conclusion to blame Assad for the killings without providing a substantive facts the conclusion was based upon, if not quoting what the media beamed into that deadlocked skull. By the way, has it ever occur to you that Assad still has significant support from the majority of the country that's why USA have not decided on using military alternative even though Russia will be against it.
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 31, 2012
No matter how mind blowing something might be, we should not allow personal feeling overcome our mental judgement.
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 31, 2012
justwise:

What exactly are you going on about? By the way. . why do you want to west to step-in?

was actually referring to lagosshia's post

as to the west stepping in. . . thats the only way this will get resolved, since the rest of the arabs are trying to contain their own springs

assad has demonstrated that he will stop at nothing to hold on to power.

Mubarak's cage will look like a hollywood feel good movie if the rebels succeed.
Re: Syrian Massacre by justwise(m): 10:15pm On May 31, 2012
donedy:

I found it paradoxically funny also to have someone with the username, justwise, jumping into conclusion to blame Assad for the killings without providing a substantive facts the conclusion was based upon, if not quoting what the media beamed into that deadlocked skull. By the way, has it ever occur to you that Assad still has significant support from the majority of the country that's why USA have not decided on using military alternative even though Russia will be against it.

If there was any part of your brain that works before then it has just failed you. Useless animals like you can't stop talking garbage. Go and die a lonely man because you are a waste of space.
Re: Syrian Massacre by justwise(m): 10:18pm On May 31, 2012
oyb:

was actually referring to lagosshia's post

as to the west stepping in. . . thats the only way this will get resolved, since the rest of the arabs are trying to contain their own springs

assad has demonstrated that he will stop at nothing to hold on to power.

Mubarak's cage will look like a hollywood feel good movie if the rebels succeed.

The west should not step in, the same people calling the west to step in will cry foul when they do. The west should back off and watch as event sort itself out.
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 01, 2012
justwise: [/b]

If there was any part of your brain that works before then it has just failed you. Useless animals like you can't stop talking garbage. Go and die a lonely man because you are a waste of space.

Hello, I don't indulge myself in vulgarian name-calling on public forum because it attenuates my credentials as a rational human-being who is merely using derived fact to enlighten you by accepting your opinion and questioning your perspectives.

Let me paraphrase what a wise fellow once said, don't argue with a looser, he will drag you down to his level by resorting to insults and beat you with experience once you fail for it.
Re: Syrian Massacre by justwise(m): 12:21am On Jun 01, 2012
donedy:

You see that is the kind of deluded mentality that I am talking about: The kind of idiosyncrasy that has retro-gated the black continent. I would know how Assad happens to be the evil one while the rebels becomes the innocent ones. An outsider will carry out research and present to fools like you, and you will immediately jump onto the band-wagon. It's actually obvious most of you here are bunch of religious fanatics that's the reason your[b] brains are now deadlocked. [/b]

No one is blaming the West for you guys foolishness. It just that people like you are too blind and lazy to comprehend what's happening. Why is Russia and China against any sanctions? They don't because they know it is a group of organized Idiots intentionally planning to change regime just to put on religious bigots like you into power like they did in Libya. Please read CNN and also try RT.com if your dumbness cannot allow you to think.

A group of people were killed, the main Media say Assad, then a deluded black man agrees to it. However they later changed it from being the soldiers to being a group of militia working for the government. Go and carry gun and demonstrate against against GEJ like your fellow SNG did just because your master say he is a dictator and see if you will see light again.

I am sorry for those who have been killed, but everyone has to go similar circumstance in life. A bunch of thugs supported by Idiots to meddle into the political framework of a sovereign nation: the results are a chaotic nation and more investment opportunities for the Idiots once the storm settles.

The same uprising has being happening in Bahrain and no major media is covering it because the main media used by your masters know that the trouble will escalate once media propaganda surpass the reality on the ground.

donedy:

Hello, I don't indulge myself in vulgarian name-calling on public forum because it attenuates my credentials as a rational human-being who is merely using derived fact to enlighten you by accepting your opinion and questioning your perspectives.

Let me paraphrase what a wise fellow once said, don't argue with a looser, he will drag you down to his level by resorting to insults and beat you with experience once you fail for it.

When i called you an animal i was right, were those insults highlighted there not coming from you? Are you simply brain dead?
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 01, 2012
justwise:

When i called you an animal i was right, were those insults highlighted there not coming from you? Are you simply brain dead?

It shows that you cannot analyze simple vocabularies juxtaposed within a scholarship context. All those words you pointed out are common words used in scholarship. None of them are insulting within the given context. Please I am here to accentuate the importance of examination of articles to be able to differentiate bias from reality.

In case you need help on vocabulary, open up a new thread, and I will be happy to educate you on the proper usage of words based on contextualization.
Re: Syrian Massacre by justwise(m): 7:18am On Jun 01, 2012
donedy:

It shows that you cannot analyze simple vocabularies juxtaposed within a scholarship context. All those words you pointed out are common words used in scholarship. None of them are insulting within the given context. Please I am here to accentuate the importance of examination of articles to be able to differentiate bias from reality.

In case you need help on vocabulary, open up a new thread, and I will be happy to educate you on the proper usage of words based on contextualization.

You are just an embarrassment to yourself, go and educate yourself because you need it more than anybody else.
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 01, 2012
donedy:

I can see those words Justwise quoted were compliments not insults, right? Still you go on to defend your actions, context or no context, it is not justified, you started it first, and someone else serves you your reply, then you began screaming to the blue sky, Like I said earlier, you are not any better than Assad himself...
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 01, 2012
ogbeche77:
I can see those words Justwise quoted were compliments not insults, right? Still you go on to defend your actions, context or no context, it is not justified, you started it first, and someone else serves you your reply, then you began screaming to the blue sky, Like I said earlier, you are not any better than Assad himself...

its called thread derailing.

back to topic - i doubt if the syrians can get rid of assad on their own. which means we will see more and more of these horror stories.
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 01, 2012
oyb:

its called thread derailing.

back to topic - i doubt if the syrians can get rid of assad on their own. which means we will see more and more of these horror stories.
The Syrians can never get rid of Assad themselves without foreign support, it over 16 months now or more, ignore the western media propaganda, let's face reality, It so obvious both Russia & China are supplying ammunition to Assad regime, if not why are they frustrating UN effort
I'm sure if Syrians have an option to choose between the west installing a puppet or still having Assad, they will prefer the former
Re: Syrian Massacre by justwise(m): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2012
ogbeche77:
The Syrians can never get rid of Assad themselves without foreign support, it over 16 months now or more, ignore the western media propaganda, let's face reality, It so obvious both Russia & China are supplying ammunition to Assad regime, if not why are they frustrating UN effort
I'm sure if Syrians have an option to choose between the west installing a puppet or still having Assad, they will prefer the former

They can get rid of him without western direct intervention, it will take time but it will definitely happen, the involvement of outside militant groups, the use of suicide bombing, pressure on Assad's diplomats in foreign missions, ministers, security agencies will start cracking the Govt, more and more of them will start feeling isolated from within Arab and western countries and would want to leave Syria and desert the Govt. Russia and China will protect Assad for life.
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 01, 2012
justwise:

They can get rid of him without western direct intervention, it will take time but it will definitely happen, the involvement of outside militant groups, the use of suicide bombing, pressure on Assad's diplomats in foreign missions, ministers, security agencies will start cracking the Govt, more and more of them will start feeling isolated from within Arab and western countries and would want to leave Syria and desert the Govt. Russia and China will protect Assad for life.
Yes,but they still need the west, you agree
Re: Syrian Massacre by justwise(m): 10:41am On Jun 01, 2012
ogbeche77: Yes,but they still need the west, you agree

Yes they do but i hope the west doesn't step in,the Arab league begged the west to carry out no-fly-zone in Libya, many accused NATO of watching while Gaddfi kill people in numbers but when NATO steps in. . . the blame game and accusation of oil interest started. Gaddafi become a hero to some because NATO intervened.

Let the west/NATO back off on this. Russia and China should sort this out.
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 01, 2012
justwise:

Yes they do but i hope the west doesn't step in,the Arab league begged the west to carry out no-fly-zone in Libya, many accused NATO of watching while Gaddfi kill people in numbers but when NATO steps in. . . the blame game and accusation of oil interest started. Gaddafi become a hero to some because NATO intervened.

russia and china have no problem with pissing on their own citizens

syria is what they would call a family affair
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2012
justwise:

Leaving Syrians at the mercy of Russia & China is same as telling them you don't give a shit about them... As it stands now, I also belong to those group who have been accusing the west of invading Libya cos there oil and not really the interest of there citizens and it seems with this Syria scenerio i have been proven right.... Let them impose a no fly zone too, then we play the blame game later, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander
Re: Syrian Massacre by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
All of you should keep on making argument based on deluded minds. Until you peoples start reading between the lines, don't go to the public and talk. Which government will allow a bunch of thugs to overthrow his government just because they have the support of some foreign nations. You should go and demonstrate against GEJ in Bayelsa, and when you get shot by MENDS blame it on GEJ. When bunch of terrorist were blowing up houses and people it did not get enough media coverage like this one because it might be attributed to the rebels.

I should not be arguing with deluded minds on this thread; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Re: Syrian Massacre by justwise(m): 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2012
ogbeche77:
Leaving Syrians at the mercy of Russia & China is same as telling them you don't give a shit about them... As it stands now, I also belong to those group who have been accusing the west of invading Libya cos there oil and not really the interest of there citizens and it seems with this Syria scenerio i have been proven right.... Let them impose a no fly zone too, then we play the blame game later, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander

The west should not send or support any group in Syria, they can not police the whole world, oil or no oil the result will not be appreciated by people who have issues with the west.

Actually its a good thing that China and Russia are backing Assad's regime, lets see how it goes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ben Carson Now Joint Top With Trump In US GOP Polls After AntiMuslim Comments / Meet The Most Fcked Up Man In The World / Breaking: USA Just Invested $2 Trillion On Weapons, Ready To Launch To Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.