Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,419 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:06 PM

UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' (38210 Views)

Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe / Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Applicants For 2012/2013 .check In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by nanoken: 10:58am On May 29, 2012
...he should have renamed "the super eagles"
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by mamaafrik(m): 10:59am On May 29, 2012
Mayb uniabuja'l do,ọmọ c mumu tryin to bribe a region datz been wisened b4 he was born,but dis 1 is sword of domocle 4 tinubu & co.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by iykak47: 10:59am On May 29, 2012
This is a move by oga Jonny to gather more votes from the south west in 2015, but the move has become counterproductive.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:00am On May 29, 2012
KINGAlli: Try change your father's Name to Moshood Abiola to Immortalize him...Cant they Name d School after a True HERO? Itz a Pity!

Who is a true hero to you ? Abacha ?
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tpia5: 11:00am On May 29, 2012
Chai!!!!!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tintingz(m): 11:00am On May 29, 2012
Mayb FELA UNIVERSITY wud b better...mtcheeeeeew make we hear word mr presy
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by buildelicool(m): 11:01am On May 29, 2012
I will definately not vote yes to this change. GEJ should have look at other institutions, streets, infrastructures etc.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by horlatunde(m): 11:01am On May 29, 2012
Better still, The University can we can still be adress as Moshoodi Abiola Lagos University.(MALU) .. Greatest MALU Student!!! LWKMO
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:02am On May 29, 2012
nitrogen: Sebi na unilag to MALU, others will be
U.I to LAU(lamidi Adedibu University), Unilorin to SAU(Saraki university), Uniosun to OMU(Omisore University), Niger delta uni to GEJU(GEJ uni), and Uniabuja to BIU(Baba Iyabo University).
Nawa for gej o.

This is what ijaw boys will do if he tries to change Naija delta unifasiti. grin

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:03am On May 29, 2012
One thing for sure; there's definitely going to be a massive drop in JAMB applications to 'that' school grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by AndroBlaze: 11:03am On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You've started your usual madness again abi. He handpicked him,won and cancelled the election ? See how minute your brain is or will IBB had cancelled the election if Tofa had won ? tongue

Nothing he said was untrue, you clearly need to read more or ask more questions, and this is from one Yorubaman to another.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by onyengbu: 11:04am On May 29, 2012
I love the way GEJ keeps sodomizing the Yorubas while they keep calling him retardeen. grin grin grin

From rascals to MAUL shocked shocked .

I am sure he will be seating back in his bedroom in Aso Rock reading all these posts on NL and Laughing his arxe off!

Dont worry guys, it woulda been worse - how about Olusengun Obasanjo University of Lagos OOUL tongue

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by SmartNaija(m): 11:04am On May 29, 2012
Boy : what school do u attend?
Girl: Moshood Abiola
Boy: the poly or the uni?
Girl : No o, the uni naw.
Boy: You will still b razz sha.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by frankosabi(m): 11:04am On May 29, 2012
I tot dat with time d clueless presido may come to his senses.with what he did dis morning by changing one of the world known university in Nigeria to a very local name,dis is just an indication that d man was truly a mistake to we Nigerians..If OBJ.who happens to held from the same state with d so call moshood could do such an evil thing,why must it be an injaw man that will change and institution as big as UNILAG to a very local name.....am totally disappointed
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by arogbowei: 11:04am On May 29, 2012
It is long overdue. MKO Abiola University Lagos, sounds right to me. Abiola gave his life for us to be where we are today.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:04am On May 29, 2012
For those who attended UI.your own is coming too.....Rashidi Yekini University... Come Oct.1st

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by cardoso111(m): 11:05am On May 29, 2012
He should have renamed Maiduguri. As Boko Haram University. To pacify the North! Mr President I am sure was ill advised

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tpia5: 11:06am On May 29, 2012
Quite obviously there's a blueprint for every good university in nigeria to be renamed one by one. Like i pointed out before, UNN will probably be renamed ojukwu university, university of calabar or uyo, will be renamed goodluck jonathan university, university of jos will change to either ibrahim babangida university or david mark university (or danjuma university) POssibly yakubu gowon university as well. And so on ad infinitum. You just wait and see. Unimaid, uniben, unilorin (sanusi lamido university), and other higher institutions with impartial names- just wait and see!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by frankosabi(m): 11:06am On May 29, 2012
I tot dat with time d clueless presido may come to his senses.with what he did dis morning by changing one of the world known university in Nigeria to a very local name,dis is just an indication that d man was truly a mistake to we Nigerians..If OBJ.who happens to held from the same state with d so call moshood could not do such an evil thing,why must it be an injaw man that will change and institution as big as UNILAG to a very local name.....am totally disappointed
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by madridsta007(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2012
MAU (formerly Unilag lol) students are protesting that their University name has been changed. No one seems to be protesting against the low standard of teaching facilities, laboratories, research opportunities, etc, in the same school. Typical modern-day 9ja student. More concerned with 'swag' than education itself. LOL... Protest or not, it is now, Moshood Abiola University, Akoka, Lagos and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:07am On May 29, 2012
frankosabi: I tot dat with time d clueless presido may come to his senses.with what he did dis morning by changing one of the world known university in Nigeria to a very local name,dis is just an indication that d man was truly a mistake to we Nigerians..If OBJ.who happens to held from the same state with d so call moshood could do such an evil thing,why must it be an injaw man that will change and institution as big as UNILAG to a very local name.....am totally disappointed
What did u expect from a president that consumes too much cassava bread

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by DukeNija(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2012
I OFFICIALLY HATE GEJ. FUC.KED UP LEADER. angry
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by jennyb2: 11:08am On May 29, 2012
my president yet nothing he ever does jives to me?
change is permanent fine, but must we spoil the beauty of everytin to eeffect a change? pls am not a party to dis. this luks everytin political to me.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:08am On May 29, 2012
Andro Blaze:

Nothing he said was untrue, you clearly need to read more or ask more questions, and this is from one Yorubaman to another.

No sir. . . .It's you that need to find out what went wrong.If Abiola was Babangida's puppet as presumed,why did he cancel his election ? The event of the primaries to the main election said it all that Abiola wont be declared; he was anti-west at a time capitalism was growing in Nigeria coupled with the fact that the hausa didnt want a southerner to rule them.THE ONLY YORUBAS AGAINST abiola were those that dined with the Babangia and posterity will judge them !
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tpia5: 11:09am On May 29, 2012
Did i leave out university of port harcourt and ui? Those are either jonathan goodluck ebele university, patience goodluck university, or/and lamidi adedibu university.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by PhysicsQED(m): 11:09am On May 29, 2012
Pointless. I see that some people already have universities named after them but this trend should stop.
Also, University of Lagos just sounds better. If this trend continues Unversity of Benin will one day become Anthony Enahoro University, Ibadan will become Olusegun Obasanjo university when he dies, Benue State University will become Joseph Tarka University, University of Nigeria will become Chukwuemeka Ojukwu University, University of Port Harcourt will become Adaka Boro University or Saro Wiwa University and Nigerians might even see University of Maiduguri renamed Sani Abacha University if they're not careful. A disappointing choice

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by yamakuza: 11:09am On May 29, 2012
Jamesqu: People are always afraid of change. There's nothing special in changing the name from UNILAG. Infact akokites should be glad the school is now associated with a freedom fighter and not a disguised looter. At least there is Sani Abacha Stadium, what if someone dumber had proposed Sani Abacha University Akoka.

A lot of noise was rasied in renaming Uni-Ife back then, is everyone not wearing OAU now with pride? Yeah, this is some cheap political point being scored but Moshood Kasimawo Abiola is one of the greatest Nigerians in the last 30 years, so don't discount the name because of GEJ or the current circumstance.

can we compare Awo with Abiola?
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by donapachino: 11:09am On May 29, 2012
Wtf has bad luck ebele jonathan gat 2 do wif unilag is dat Wα̲̅†̥ he is supose 2 β̣̣̥ treatin or he shud β̣̣̥ hw pple wil get job,provide shelta, light 4 d̶̲̥̅̊ state,increase  stuff nd d̶̲̥̅̊ subsidy stuff shud β̣̣̥ removed.....ha Wα̲̅†̥ ά̲̣̥ president we av ga Ŋª wah ‎​Ooº°˚ ˚° . .......wellll d̶̲̥̅̊ guy jus try cut unilag hand noni sha.....wellllll ε̲̣̣̣̥ no mak sense nd ε̲̣̣̣̥ stillll mak sence cos d̶̲̥̅̊ fukin skul is 2 proud men ....bt Wα̲̅†̥z as ma own gat 2 du wif d̶̲̥̅̊ skullll Ŋª ...fk dem alll jawe...presido du Wα̲̅†̥ eva u lyk jawe.....MAU students mak una no vex sha
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by mcnepow(m): 11:09am On May 29, 2012
*singing* UNILAG name don change, shakara don end ooo! grin

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by redsun(m): 11:09am On May 29, 2012
What a shame! Abiola as an international thief thief. Soon nigeria will named after ibb. Gej is truly a dunce.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Tropilo(m): 11:10am On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

What is wrong with unilag ? Were schools not named after Awolowo,Azikwe,Okpara,Ahmadu ? Why should Abiola's own be different ?

What some people don't seem to understand is that MKO's first job on arrive after graduating with first class honours from the University of Glasgow, Scotland is that he worked in University of Lagos as an Accountant. Hence its very wise amongst other reasons to name the university after him.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:11am On May 29, 2012
madridsta007: MAU (formerly Unilag lol) students are protesting that their University name has been changed. No one seems to be protesting against the low standard of teaching facilities, laboratories, research opportunities, etc, in the same school. Typical modern-day 9ja student. More concerned with 'swag' than education itself. LOL... Protest or not, it is now, Moshood Abiola University, Akoka, Lagos and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Same school that is struggling behind UI,OAU,UNIBEN and UNILORIN. Shame on them !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Onyemaechi Christian Wins Cartoon Networks Africas Best Cartoonist 2016 (photos) / JAMB Shifts 2019 UTME Exams / Ogun Students Waylay, Beat Teacher Who Stopped Them From Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.