Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:39 AM

Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly (30531 Views)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? / Six New States For A New Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by ndahbros1: 3:58pm On May 30, 2012
afam4eva: The government should consider multi-ethnic states like Rivers and Delta.

The Ogoni people have been clamouring for their own state.

Is there a way to join the remaining Ijaws in River state to their brothers in Bayelsa? Do they share a border?

I want all the Igboid groups in rivers state to have their own state.

Anioma should also be given a state, so that the so-called real Deltans can allow them to rest.

I'm really not keen on a state in the south-east. I just hope I'm not carved into another state and. So that Jonathan does not in his wisdom name the state "Ukwu-mango state".

In the south-west, Ibadan state should be looked into. But what will happen to Oyo state when Ibadan is gone. Is it Ogbomoso that will be the capital?

Long trash. Ur malaria is in d +++ region.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:00pm On May 30, 2012
When we should be consolidating and deleting non viable states, we are creating more?!

When States Like Ekiti have not contributed more than 1 million Naira to the National treasury since its creation, we are creating more!! Father I pray this is a lie!! If this happens, I will give up hope and support the breaking up of Nigeria!!

More states simply means more governors to loot, more senators to steal us blind and more politicians to fhuck us up the arse!!

I hope Nigerians are aware of what we are asking for!! Nigeria is barely the size of two American states and yet we have almost the same number of states with North America.. More states dont necessarily equate good governance.. STOP THE FHUCKING STEALING AND LOOTING FIRST!!

This is the first time I will say this ever... FHUCK NIGERIA!!
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:01pm On May 30, 2012
alj harem: would like to see abia divided into two, Ngwa state and Aro state

then Anambra into Onistha state and Anambra state

Or

Imos state into Mbasi state and Imo

That way SE got there 7 states.

This is insane!! There will be anything like Onicha state! Maybe Orinmili. Anioma should have their own state.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:03pm On May 30, 2012
Obiagu1: A beg, make dem no divide Anambra State oo!

Thank you!! I dont want them to divide my lovely state!!! Please leave Anambra the way it is!!
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 30, 2012
I NEED MY OWN PERSONAL STATE. IT SHOULD BE CALLED "LEOMAX STATE"
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:11pm On May 30, 2012
We Anambrarians are contented with what we have. We should do everything possible to make sure Anambra isnt broken.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 30, 2012
America is 1/3 the size of the whole of Africa with 50 states, but Nigeria is the size of Texas

with 36 states now about to become 41, is state creation the problem of Nigeria at this moment.

Which kind country be this self, they are trying to create 6 new sets of govs, deputy govs, bunch of

commissioners and special advisers, special assistants, new senators and reps in Abuja the cost of governance is going to kill this country.

And dont forget new LG will be created for the new states with new chairmen, deputy chairmen, bunch of councillors, omo me i don tire o.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by jimjones: 4:22pm On May 30, 2012
Andre Uweh:
From the south south, the only state that requires urgent attension is Anioma state.
What the Ogoja people need is boundary adjustment. The Efiks in Cross river state should be merged with their Ibibio kins in Akwa Ibom.
With this arrangement, Cross River will be a non Efik state.

Cross River is not an efik state. matter of fact, the efiks are one of the smallest ethnic groups in the state.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by alfablondy: 4:26pm On May 30, 2012
CONFUSION IN NAIJA!
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by alfablondy: 4:26pm On May 30, 2012
see confusion in Naija!
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by ibide(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2012
Urhobo's are the real delta state . So we need our own state then give one to ijebu or ibadan take anioma to join south east izon of delta to join bayelsa itsekiri to join ilaje of ondo state

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Chyz2: 4:38pm On May 30, 2012
ibide: Urhobo's are the real delta state . So we need our own state then give one to ijebu or ibadan take anioma to join south east izon of delta to join bayelsa itsekiri to join ilaje of ondo state

Bout the Urhobo, this is how you all can get you own state without much ado, your politicians help campaign for creation of Anioma State and for it to go to the SE and at the same time, help the ijaw campaign for toru-ebe state which would take the ijaw and and itsekiri out of delta state. Even if the Itsekiri was to magically not end up in torub-ebe state they are only afew thousand of them. Delta STate would now be an Urhobo state. No sweat.

3 Likes

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by olushaggy(m): 4:39pm On May 30, 2012
Yes it is true America has 50 States; but why do we always refer to America whenever we are discussing Nigeria? America has its own policy and Nigeria has its own. American Senators are there to serve their nation: Nigerian Senators are here to be served by the masses; while not allow the creation of more States to enable close monitoring of our resources. When we operate a State like a LG stuff i believe we all 'll be very close to the so called leader to reject and fight back whenever they try to play on our intelligent. I believe this is the level where Nigeria should be placed not comparing ourselves with such an organized Country like America.. Abi beeko?

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by jason123: 4:45pm On May 30, 2012
ibide: Urhobo's are the real delta state . So we need our own state then give one to ijebu or ibadan take anioma to join south east izon of delta to join bayelsa itsekiri to join ilaje of ondo state

Best comment yet! Wa doo!
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by awuf2008: 4:46pm On May 30, 2012
currently many states are not viable so creating more will be a total waste of our scarce reources and time. At the end Many members of national assembly will become richer from this fruitless venture. Shame to our useless leaders.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by meekmk(m): 4:48pm On May 30, 2012
I GO LIKE SEE LAGOS DIVIDED INTO TOO ALSO.. LAS STATE AND GIDI STATE... HEHE grin cheesy shocked

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On May 30, 2012
Ibime:

All these are not feasible.

You cannot from PortHarcourt drive toward Andoni and Opobo (Rivers State) without going through the whole of Ogoni Land. That means you would to drive through the whole diameter of Bori State to go from Rivers State to Rivers State.

Ijaws do not share any border, (each man is his own island) and they cannot take some part of PH with them to Bayelsa

Igboid Groups cannot form a state either cos part of PortHarcourt (Jerusalem) is in Ijaw hands.

Rivers State as currently constituted remains one.

The only chunk you can take out of Rivers State without much administrative issue is Ahoada.
It seems the different groups in rivers state were made for each other.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 30, 2012
This is my take. (But I may be wrong)
MB: Southern Kaduna should be carved out of present Kaduna and joined to MB zone. They will retain the name since it's derived from them.
NE: Borno
NW: Nothing for them but Northern Kaduna should be renamed Zaria or Zazzau state.
SEsad1) Anioma should be carved out of present Delta into a state and moved to SE zone.
(2) Njaba or Equity to balance it.
SS: Ogoja state
Sw: Ibadan seems the more viable choice.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by OAM4J: 5:07pm On May 30, 2012
I would have proposed the states be merged and reduced to 6, then create more LGA and empower the LGA more.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 30, 2012
afam4eva: The government should consider multi-ethnic states like Rivers and Delta.

The Ogoni people have been clamouring for their own state.

Is there a way to join the remaining Ijaws in River state to their brothers in Bayelsa? Do they share a border?

I want all the Igboid groups in rivers state to have their own state.

Anioma should also be given a state, so that the so-called real Deltans can allow them to rest.

I'm really not keen on a state in the south-east. I just hope I'm not carved into another state and. So that Jonathan does not in his wisdom name the state "Ukwu-mango state".

In the south-west, Ibadan state should be looked into. But what will happen to Oyo state when Ibadan is gone. Is it Ogbomoso that will be the capital?

Hahahaha Bro, Ukwu Mango state go make sense oo as T.A Orji is busy building high fences around the Ukwu Mango axis in the name of Gutter.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by ektbear: 5:09pm On May 30, 2012
OAM4J: I would have proposed the states be merged and reduced to 6, then create more LGA and empower the LGA more.

+1
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Afam4eva(m): 5:13pm On May 30, 2012
I think that the people that were saddled with the responsibility of dileanation of states were not really conversant with Nigeria.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by lacasa: 5:18pm On May 30, 2012
dasparrow: As if creating more states will solve Nigeria's incessant problems. Anyway, let them do what they want.

Gbam, wat a mad country
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by miteolu(m): 5:21pm On May 30, 2012
More chop chop.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by jennyb2: 5:24pm On May 30, 2012
david mark has finally done it i was too sure he will surely carve out apa state from benue for d idoma pple. nobody knows where dat man goes to do his charm , cos he has a way of getting watever he want, i dont under rate him. he is d devils advoate . surely there is an end!
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by greall1: 5:24pm On May 30, 2012
Creating of state wil reduce unemployment.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by kristofa09(m): 5:29pm On May 30, 2012
Andre Uweh:
From the south south, the only state that requires urgent attension is Anioma state.
What the Ogoja people need is boundary adjustment. The Efiks in Cross river state should be merged with their Ibibio kins in Akwa Ibom.
With this arrangement, Cross River will be a non Efik state.
my dear,ogoja state is long overdue..evry rite thinkin nigerian knws tht.ogoja is d only old province tht has nt bin given a state..wel i lov ur opinion abt calaba merging wth akwa ibom,bt d only altanativ is to gve ogoja a state..THEY DESERVE IT..they av d largest land mas,n by fa d largest populatn..
My broda,hpe u undstnd me nau.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by nduchucks: 5:30pm On May 30, 2012
careytommy: This is my take. (But I may be wrong)
MB: Southern Kaduna should be carved out of present Kaduna and joined to MB zone. They will retain the name since it's derived from them.
NE: Borno
NW: Nothing for them but Northern Kaduna should be renamed Zaria or Zazzau state.
SEsad1) Anioma should be carved out of present Delta into a state and moved to SE zone.
(2) Njaba or Equity to balance it.
SS: Ogoja state
Sw: Ibadan seems the more viable choice.

South East geo political zone, which currently has fives state, would get two more states while the other zones with six states will get one state each, thus leaving each zone with seven states.

Most likely in SE zone, Equity State will be carved out of (Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Imo, and Ebonyi), while Orimili State carved out of (Anambra, Imo, Delta) i. e. Anioma plus pieces of Imo and Anambra. SMH
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Eziachi: 5:32pm On May 30, 2012
Nigerians are really funny bunch!
Yesterday they want Nigerian divided, some romancing and designing their new nations flags and coats of arms.
Today they want and clamouring for one state after another? Confused/wasted generation.
More new states, more new his excellencies and their legion of aides
More Patience Jonathan clones in the arms of to be new excellencies. More London/Paris, New York private Jet trip shoppings.
When a man constantly believed that by having more children upon the one he cannot feed is his only way out of poverty, then you have to question his sanity.
Those who are struggling to make the senate in the old state now has an easy ride to governorship in the new states.
Councillorship candidates now become senatorial candidates.
More states, more watering down the quality of leadership (sorry rulership), ore moronic followership.
Every people deserve their kind of leadership.

4 Likes

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 30, 2012
I think my community needs a state too to complete the south-east; the name should be Honeyland state, we will only accept visitors with honey passports, hope you guys will apply for our visa
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by teskyg: 5:36pm On May 30, 2012
Hahahaha.I love this.I will become either a Councillor,Local Government Chairman,State house of assemble member,Deputy Governor,commosioner or senator if my we get a state.Pls,we approve.sharply
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Skoopy(m): 5:38pm On May 30, 2012
Ogoja; the oldest state being clamoured for in Nigeria, hope it become real this time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of PDP Campaign In Wudil Local Government Kano State / Ganduje suspends ban of male, female on same tricycle / We’ve Lost Our Most-valued Crude Oil Customers – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.