Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,362 members, 7,920,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:31 AM

Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan (24003 Views)

They Give You Bridges I Give You University - Jonathan / State. / Lead University: Jonathan Should Talk To The Minister Of Education To Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by wesley80(m): 3:15pm On May 30, 2012
Chyz*:

Watch your stinking mouth. He is an elder, not your age mate.

Oops is my apologies. Come u young raschal hope you know I'm not your mate either abi you want make I knock ya head?
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Kolababa: 3:20pm On May 30, 2012
From 1999 to 2003 only Lagos and other Alliance for Democracy States celebrated Abiola and June 12 in which they declared a public holiday for the MKO when PDP did not recognise him. But when PDP took over South West in 2003, the PDP Governors cancelled the recognition and the June 12 public holiday. Now, because they want to score a cheat political point, they are now naming UNILAG after Abiola. Well, June 12 is a week ahead now, we will see how they will honour it?
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by moderattor: 3:30pm On May 30, 2012
I think the president has reason.
. . .and the Authority.
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by lastpage: 3:40pm On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:
So in essence, you all are saying Abiola didn't do anything to warrant having UNILAG named after him. Cause that is what you are invariably hinting at here, even if you are not bold enough to admit it. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kobo,
Whatever your motives are, you have asked this same question a dozen times, in other threads and as a four-time graduate of Unilag (Ist Degree, Two Masters and an MBA), l think l am in a position to respond to your question.
First, let me point out that its worthy of note that you will NOT FIND amongst those who support this name change, A GRADUATE OF UNILAG! Not a single one!! wink[/color

Only "two" sets of people support this stewpidity:
1.) MKO's immediate family (who see it as a personal triumph!) and
2.) those who see it as an opportunity to rubbish the legacy of Abiola, (especially "non-Yorubas"wink, knowing fully-well that such renaming does neither justice to Unilag nor to Abiola himself

[color=#000099]It does not "properly represent MKO and what he stands for and neither does it "add value" to the institution.

Nothing to do with "how loved or rejected" MKO Abiola was, as mischeif makers want to paint it.
Winning a national election by a land slide, even in Bashir Tofa's (his opponent) home town has proved beyond doubt, how much Nigerians rate MKO Abiola.

Questions are: What would such "name change", contribute to "Unilag's Brand", "Unilag's Legacy", Unilag's "World-wide perception" and to Abiola himself? Nothing.
It does not matter whether it is Abiola, Awolowo or any Nigerian for that matter.
No name is better for Unilag, than UNILAG......it does not matter where the name comes from!

The question of "renaming" even goes deeper than the "personality of MKO" and the ephemerally-mundane issue of whether Abiola warrants/deserves to be named after Unilag.
It begs the question as to why prospective students, "choose UNILAG as an institution", when its cut-off mark for some courses are as high as 300/400 in Jamb? Why do graduates of other institutions decide that they have to (or need to) have a Unilag Certificate, over their previous certs?

Lastpage!
(Contd)

1 Like

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by lastpage: 3:40pm On May 30, 2012
1.)Unilag is a Brand[/b]: That is why students study hard to acquire a high score (the highest in the country) just to be a part of that "brand". Despite the high/astronomical school fees, tons of students are still turned back since the demand for that school exceeds available space....such is its brand name.

2.) [b]Unilag is a House-hold name
: My own mother was a graduate of Unilag and every one of us (children) are also graduates of same school. Children of my own sister (3rd generation!) are currently students of Unilag. We believe that within the shores of Nigeria, the school is unrivaled. Before IBB came to denigrate University education, Unilag stood out exceptionally, even in the international Arena.

3.)Unilag is synonymous with Lagos: Lagos epitomes Nigeria in the bigger world and for anyone who has traveled outside Nigeria, you dont need any further "explanation" when you say "I am a graduate of Unilag or Present a Honors Certificate from Unilag". (as against if you present a Certificate that reads anyone's name or another University and they have to 'Google' it first grin ). That is the Legacy of Unilag. Tell anyone, anywhere in the world, that "you are from Lagos" and they would easily "localize" your origins. Try it with any other "City's name" from Nigeria and they would ask you: where is that? grin
If you want to cause 'trouble', try address a "Unilag student/graduate" as a "Lagos State University (LASU) graduate", despite their closeness! (no insult/disrespect to LASU, just to show you what "the name" means to those who have put-in everything, to be associated with that institution and "its name)

4.) Unilag is a Legend: Unilag has built its "Name and Reputation" over the years and a "name change" (to any name) would signal the "end of an era" and the "beginning of a NEW era". Is this necessary and of benefit to the "institution and the people" concerned?
That the "Students" themselves who are the primary constituency of the institution (from diverse backgrounds and ethnicity) are rioting over the name change, speaks volume! They see it as a devaluation of their aspirations to be "Graduates of UNILAG".

Lastpage!
(Contd)

1 Like

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 30, 2012
i'm sure university of ibadan will soon be named Olusegun Obasanjo University (they are just waiting for him to die). Tell me. which university in the whole world has built a very solid brand and after 50 yrs, a man came and changed that name and brand shocked shocked . our president will continue to make history......

2 Likes

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by lastpage: 3:41pm On May 30, 2012

MKO Abiola is a great man no doubt
. I do not need to rehash his contribution to "present day democracy in Nigeria" but we must recognize also that there are institutions all over the world who have "made their name over time" and no other name would present them in a better light than the one they currently have!

While there are great men (in the likes of MKO Abiola) all over the world, how would it sound if such institutions are renamed after them?
For example, if you mention "Yale" or "Harvard", people take note and remember the institution immediately. They have a Legacy, they are a Brand and a Legend, in time. (Present-Continous)
Now imagine if, Harvard is renamed after "someone in the heart of the Brits" e.g Princess Diana ...Princess Diana University? shocked shocked
What about Yale University becoming "Bill Clinton University"?
Even though both are 'men' loved by their people, it is inconceivable and just doesn't sound right and to be candid, it diminishes the institution itself.
The institution is higher than any man...Simple.

Lastpage!
(Contd)

1 Like

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by lastpage: 3:41pm On May 30, 2012
If the Government of the day really wants to show "gratitude" for what and who Abiola was, let them name Aso Rock after him
Abiola was a "Political Icon", not an "Academic icon" in the mould of the Prof. Awojobi's, Prof Wole Soyinkas, e.t.c thus, a Political edifice will be most appropriate.

Better still, let Uncle Jona name the National Assembly or the Eagle Square after him.

But l guess his "political enemies" are applauding him for goofing, once again! grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by nwabuife: 3:43pm On May 30, 2012
I fear yoruba people o, I tot they love dis man so much. Is dat a big deal 4 MKO! Yoruba person person can never b a true friend, they will laugh wit u in ur present even doballe ones u turn ur back they ll call u oloriburuku oloritipa olorinla. Anambra have Nnamdi Azikiwe University n is ok. Man!!!
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by lastpage: 3:49pm On May 30, 2012
nwabuife: I fear yoruba people o, I tot they love dis man so much. Is dat a big deal 4 MKO! Yoruba person person can never b a true friend, they will laugh wit u in ur present even doballe ones u turn ur back they ll call u oloriburuku oloritipa olorinla. Anambra have Nnamdi Azikiwe University n is ok. Man!!!
^^^^^Stop displaying "ignorance so openly"!
That University is like "LASU", stop comparing Apples and Oranges just because you think you've seen "an opportunity" to insult Yorubas.
"Bigoted individuals" like you who hide under such threads like this, are not appreciated anyway. wink

1 Like

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On May 30, 2012
sammirano: @Poster, are you minding UNILAG kids who don't known anything as at the life of MKO but were unfortunate to hear bad stories regarding the philanthropist.

You mean this Philanthropist?

The story of Abiola’s life is a classic rags to riches story that could be a Hollywood film. He was born into poverty in a large family. His birth came after a series of failed pregnancies, still born children and infant deaths in his family. He eventually attended the famous Baptist Boys High School in his home town of Abeokuta, in Ogun State. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is another alumnus of that school. Afterward he studied accountancy at the University of Glasgow in Scotland. He then worked with the multi-national pharmaceutical company Pfizer.[size=13pt] [b]However Abiola made his name and riches when he joined the telecommunications company International Telegraph and Telephone (ITT). Abiola eventually became the chairman of ITT and via series of cordial relations with key army officers, Abiola amassed so much wealth, influence and fame that he once boasted of being the richest African on Earth.

Two of Abiola’s closest military friends were then Minister of Communications Brigadier Murtala Muhammed and Lt-Col Ibrahim Babangida. Abiola met Babangida in 1974 when Abiola was selling radio systems to the military. Babangida was sent to evaluate the quality of devices being sold by Abiola. According to Babangida “From that time the relationship developed and he was always around”. Abiola also met Brigadier Muhammed after bravely confronting Muhammed over a series of debts owed to Abiola’s company by Muhammed’s Communications Ministry. The normally fearsome and ruthless Muhammed was impressed by Abiola’s courage and the two struck up a friendship. With Babangida and Muhammed eventually becoming Heads of State, Abiola exploited his relationship with them to secure extensive patronage via contracts with the government and became spectacularly rich in the process. His business empire grew massively as did his bank account balance, number of wives, concubines and children.[/b]
[/size]

http://maxsiollun./2008/06/02/what-if-abiola-had-become-president/
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Eziachi: 3:54pm On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Nope, I would probably say it this way "Mooshood Abiola Graduated from the then University of Lagos, now re-named in his honor". Absolutely nothing wrong or out of place there. Please, let's be honest with ourselves here.

This is no new development.
You mean that you will be quite happy the a famous school you attended to be renamed after you? That is interesting!
You really will allow your family name changed into your own name just because it was said to honour you?
UNILAG or LAGOS for that matter is bigger than Abiola.
Would you rename murtala airport after Abacha? Nothing to do with the individuals but taking from Paul and given to Peter.
In the 80s during one of the graduation ceremonies at UNN, Dr Azikiwe in his speech practically begged Nigeria rulers at the time and the future rulers to come never to rename UNN for any reason, even to his own name.
Doesn't that tell you something?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by LeJeun3: 3:58pm On May 30, 2012
Honestly, nobody is against MKO! But against Goodluck for never knowing when to do right. Is this a time for renaming universities? How does it help education or reduce corruption?

1 Like

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by lastpage: 3:59pm On May 30, 2012
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by lastpage: 4:00pm On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You mean this Philanthropist?

http://maxsiollun./2008/06/02/what-if-abiola-had-become-president/
^^^^^^And what is special about what you posted up there?
Who does not take advantage of "their friendship and closeness" to those in power?
Even you running around Abuja looking for something to "chew" is doing the same thing naah?
You come across as one of those "closet haters" within the Yoruba race?

Come out openly and tell us the "grouse" your family holds against Abiola or any of the stories you've been told.
It is cowardly to use this opportunity to denigrate his personality.....and looking at your earlier position on the thread, one might be fooled to think you are taking side with the dead man! shocked shocked

Hmmm...omo eniyan!

Lastpage!
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On May 30, 2012
Eziachi:
You mean that you will be quite happy the a famous school you attended to be renamed after you? That is interesting!
You really will allow your family name changed into your own name just because it was said to honour you?
UNILAG or LAGOS for that matter is bigger than Abiola.

Would you rename murtala airport after Abacha? Nothing to do with the individuals but taking from Paul and given to Peter.
In the 80s during one of the graduation ceremonies at UNN, Dr Azikiwe in his speech practically begged Nigeria rulers at the time and the future rulers to come never to rename UNN for any reason, even to his own name.

Dude,I don't get what you are trying to say or suggest. Abiola is dead. He likely does not care if the school is named after him or not. I hope he is finally answering papa God for the path he played in getting Nigeria to where it is today.

I only care if my alumni is re-named after some man I have no respect for. Other than that, if the person contributed more to the betterment of the institution, and the lives of the people. I will wholeheartedly support honoring such a man in the best way possible. May not necessarily be renaming of the school, but probably setting up a building in it and naming it after him.

UNILAG bore no one's family name up to this point so I fail to see the sense of you asking if I would allow my family name to be changed in my honour. People go to the courts to have that done on a regular basis anyways, so again I fail to see your point.

What did Murtala Mohammed do for Nigeria for him to have an airport named after him to begin with? Was Murtala any different from Abacha? That ought to be your first question? Taking from paul to give peter in what sense? If you claim Abiola was a hero to Nigeria, then who is Peter? Nigerians who you assume he was a hero of? Who is Paul? Abiola, the man you assume is a hero?

What Azikiwe said means nothing to me. I mean he said UNN should not be named after him. What stops the school from being named instead after Ojukwu or some other name the politicians come up with ?
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On May 30, 2012
LeJeun3: Honestly, nobody is against MKO! But against Goodluck for never knowing when to do right. Is this a time for renaming universities? How does it help education or reduce corruption?

That is a lie!! This is about the worth of the name MKO. Sure, there is that resistance to Goodluck but bottom line this is all about the worth placed on the name MKO.
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by mufc009(m): 4:04pm On May 30, 2012
We will just wake up one day & we wld see chinese men everywhere & wen we ask questions we wld be told Nigeria has bin sold"LOL
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Chyz2: 4:05pm On May 30, 2012
wesley80:

Oops is my apologies. Come u young raschal hope you know I'm not your mate either abi you want make I knock ya head?

grin
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Eziachi: 4:14pm On May 30, 2012
nwabuife: I fear yoruba people o, I tot they love dis man so much. Is dat a big deal 4 MKO! Yoruba person person can never b a true friend, they will laugh wit u in ur present even doballe ones u turn ur back they ll call u oloriburuku oloritipa olorinla. Anambra have Nnamdi Azikiwe University n is ok. Man!!!
How old is the university named after Zik?
Renaming them after Zik is a favour to the university because Zik has much history than the university, older and more famous than them. UNILAG or Lagos is 10 times bigger and well known than Abiola. That is the difference.
During the 1980s when privatisation public football teams was in vogue, Imo state govt sold the famous Spartans F.C of Owerri to Iwuanyanwu and he later changed the name from Spartans to Iwuanyanwu Nationale.

Many money bags in the East were cueing up to buy Rangers of Enugu too, but the government of the then Anambra gave a pre-sale condition to the interesting buyers that will be signed before hand, that the famous name "RANGERS International FC", which has become a part and parcel of Igbo people, no matter the state Nigerian pitched you into can never be changed.
u
And in a typical Nigeria way., they all withdrew their interest. Iwuanyanwu killed the famous Spartans and where is his Iwuanyanwu Nationale today? Its dead and gone.
Same could have happened to Rangers if not for the foresight of the then governor of Anambra state who appreciated what NAME means in the history of any person, School, Town, Country, Edifice, Arena etc.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Donmeca(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2012
lastpage:
^^^^^Stop displaying "ignorance so openly"!
That University is like "LASU", stop comparing Apples and Oranges just because you think you've seen "an opportunity" to insult Yorubas.
"Bigoted individuals" like you who hide under such threads like this, are not appreciated anyway. wink

U made a lot of valid points about brands and branding....attachment...very good points yet fraught with with exaggerations. UNILAG cutting btw 300 and 400 UME marks for admission (y not 500-700 out of a possible 400?), then making UNIZIK vs UNILAG an orange vs apple scenario are only few of them. Pls bro, demand for admission exceeds available space in every Nigerian (public) university ...not just UNILAG. This is due to carrying capacity, nothing more! UNIZIK only comes a close 2nd to UNILAG in terms of candidate preferences not in d quality of teaching or graduates. If UNILAG has any edge over UNIZIK, its in d length of existence....50 yrs vs 20 yrs. Y does UNILAG have more people applying to study there? Lagos! Lagos is d most populated state and d only city-state in Nigeria....so residents and neighbours of lagos will study in lag cos of proximity and d presence of job opportunities in d state. Pls tell d truth always and don't colour it as u just did.
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by ayobase(m): 4:23pm On May 30, 2012
semid4lyfe: MKO was from Abeokuta in Ogun State and I believe there's a Federal University there.

I wonder why GEJ chose to rename UNILAG and not the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB) angry

Kai, the new name has killed all the swag & effizy wey the school get grin

U r correct on that!
UNILAG....SWAGS!
Sincerely, e no rhyme.
Thats y den dey fight for UNILAG!

But, all the same!
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by BenXXX: 4:27pm On May 30, 2012
I PITY THE MUALAG STUDENT...IT SEEMS Y'ALL DONT KNOW THAT THE SCHOOL OR NAME DOESNT MAKE THE STUDENT..THIS MOVE BY THEM IS UTTERLY WRONG

HP ENVY 14-2130nr
Intel Core i5 Processor 2.4GHz
4GB SDRAM RAM
750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
14.5-Inch Screen, AMD Radeon HD 663
N170,000K
www.blessingcomputers.com.ng

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by canuck(m): 4:27pm On May 30, 2012
This goes to confirm what I've always suspected - GEJ is surrounded by advisers with weak educational pedigree - He does not have a single UNILAG grad on his team! cheesy

Greeeeeeeeeat Moshoodites! Kai! God forbid o. Dis one na death! I reject this with everything holy and powerful!

1 Like

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by yogun(f): 4:33pm On May 30, 2012
The name change is unbelievable, unthinkable and unacceptable...

A monument situated within the school premises could have been named after him...

The name UNILAG has done us proud... I remember when i gone my current job and had to meet with my Group Chairman, at the mere mention of the name Unilag, He got so excited and told me abt his time at the School and a whole lot more, and I got the. job This name is a brand that we have come to identify with. The Love for what Abiola stood for can't in anyway change how we see our school.

Our President has just scored another low and we are still in shock that our country is not in anyway heading northwards like we all wished...

This is truly sad and want the name revert to UNILAG!!!
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by canuck(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2012
Why doesn't GEJ build a hostel (UNILAG, like several Federal Universities, suffer from acute accommodation shortage) and name it after MKO?!?

That way, Abiola will be in the league of Jaja (King of Opobo), Moremi (a revered Princess of the Yoruba people), Amina (the legendary and powerful 16th century Queen of Zaria) etc, who have hostels in UNILAG named after them.

Abi where is all the Subsidy savings that brought the nation to her knees in January?

1 Like

Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Eziachi: 4:35pm On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Dude,I don't get what you are trying to say or suggest. Abiola is dead. He likely does not care if the school is named after him or not. I hope he is finally answering papa God for the path he played in getting Nigeria to where it is today.

I only care if my alumni is re-named after some man I have no respect for. Other than that, if the person contributed more to the betterment of the institution, and the lives of the people. I will wholeheartedly support honoring such a man in the best way possible. May not necessarily be renaming of the school, but probably setting up a building in it and naming it after him.

UNILAG bore no one's family name up to this point so I fail to see the sense of you asking if I would allow my family name to be changed in my honour. People go to the courts to have that done on a regular basis anyways, so again I fail to see your point.

What did Murtala Mohammed do for Nigeria for him to have an airport named after him to begin with? Was Murtala any different from Abacha? That ought to be your first question? Taking from paul to give peter in what sense? If you claim Abiola was a hero to Nigeria, then who is Peter? Nigerians who you assume he was a hero of? Who is Paul? Abiola, the man you assume is a hero?

What Azikiwe said means nothing to me. I mean he said UNN should not be named after him. What stops the school from being named instead after Ojukwu or some other name the politicians come up with ?
So you whole argument then bothers on selfish interest? as long as the person renamed after your school is someone your respect that is fine but you forgot that someone you respect maybe equally be someone loathed by another person.

That is why I said that its not about Abiola as person, because not every student at the school likes Abiola or hates him as a person, but the fact remains that the name UNILAG as an institutional name in his own right is as famous as Abiola himself and was named after one of the biggest city in Africa called Lagos. It means that you are taking from Lagos to give to Abiola.

What Azikiwe said may not interest you but it shows that Azikiwe, who foresaw the foundation of UNN himself knew the importance of the name and the Nsukka town's name it bore and would hate to be selfish to see his name replace it, even when he is gone.
No Igbo man could claim that he loves Ojukwu more than I do but I will oppose any move to rename the University at Nsukka after him.

From OBJ to Jonathan had always resisted honouring Abiola through the channel of June 12. Making June 12 a national democratic day/national holiday, in my opinion honoured Abiola more than destroying the history of a famous institution. June 12 day could have encompassed every single sole that died for the so called democrazy, not just Abiola the figure head.
How can you Jonathan be honouring Abiola's contribution to your democracy but still celebrate the day OBJ took over power as the official democratic day in Nigeria?
The same OBJ that contributed nothing to the so called democracy?
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by wesley80(m): 4:35pm On May 30, 2012
Eziachi:

The great Zik gave reasons for not wanting a name change, what were they? I'm sure you know and I assure you non of those reasons was 'aesthetic'. Now what are the excuses for not renaming UNILAG? That It already has a legacy? Great! 50yrs is just about enough to build and bask in some legacy or "brand" as some prefer to call it, time to build another for the next 50 and while they r at it, immortalize a national Hero!
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On May 30, 2012
canuck: Why doesn't GEJ build a hostel (Unilag, like several Federal Universities, suffer from acute accommodation shortage) and name it after MKO?!? That way, Abiola will be in the league of Jaja (King of Opobo), Moremi (a revered Princess of the Yoruba people), etc.

Abi where is all the Subsidy savings that brought the nation to her knees in January?
^^^ That I would probably have voted for given that the man will be among others like his person in that way.
Re: Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan by Eziachi: 4:41pm On May 30, 2012
Donmeca:

U made a lot of valid points about brands and branding....attachment...very good points yet fraught with with exaggerations. UNILAG cutting btw 300 and 400 UME marks for admission (y not 500-700 out of a possible 400?), then making UNIZIK vs UNILAG an orange vs apple scenario are only few of them. Pls bro, demand for admission exceeds available space in every Nigerian (public) university ...not just UNILAG. This is due to carrying capacity, nothing more! UNIZIK only comes a close 2nd to UNILAG in terms of candidate preferences not in d quality of teaching or graduates. If UNILAG has any edge over UNIZIK, its in d length of existence....50 yrs vs 20 yrs. Y does UNILAG have more people applying to study there? Lagos! Lagos is d most populated state and d only city-state in Nigeria....so residents and neighbours of lagos will study in lag cos of proximity and d presence of job opportunities in d state. Pls tell d truth always and don't colour it as u just did.
So what you are saying is that, from your heart of hearts, you were given admission to study at both UNIZIK Awka and University of Lagos, that you will choose UNIZIK against UNILAG?
I am sure equally that you will choose UNIZIK over Oxford/Cambridge.
Saying the truth can make you live a better longer life, you guys should stop lying just to make an argument you knew deep down that its false.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Copy Of Letter Fayose Sent To EFCC (Photo) / Edo Governorship Election: Fear Of Rigging Rises / Falana: You Negotiate With Terrorists, Dialogue With EndSARS Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.