Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,358 members, 7,891,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:19 PM

The Benefits And Facts: The Changed Of UNILAG To MAULAG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Benefits And Facts: The Changed Of UNILAG To MAULAG (913 Views)

Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow / . / Unilag To Release 3rd List {true/false} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Benefits And Facts: The Changed Of UNILAG To MAULAG by ambrosini593(m): 3:33pm On May 30, 2012
Students and those concern has been protesting here and there with the latest change of Unilag to Maulag. Come to think of it will the Maulag certificate be rejected in the labour market? I believe Mr President strong reasons are enough to stop this protests. Now nobody is talking about MKO`s sacrifice for this great country called Nigeria. Some things you should know even though it is sad are: (1). Changing a university is not a shame and it can never be, what matters is the standard of learning in that University. (2). Changing a university name will not kill the school or its degree awards. (3). The name of the university will still be popular as it used to be. (4). It is like a married woman changing her surname to her husband`s name, some people will call her by her husband name some by her father`s name , but she remains her self. (5). Abiola fully deserved such a powerful university like Unilag being named after him. (6). Abiola was always present in most Unilag convocations and he had so many awards and degrees from that university. (7). Students are going to the school to study and not study the name. (cool. The name changed does not affect the school position on the world ranking. (9). University of Ife was renamed Obafemi Awolowo University and it has remained. (10). The changing of the name cannot affect results and grades of the students why protesting. (11). The students protesting is showing that they value the name of the school to what they are suppose to learn there. FACTS. These are the facts. (1). The change of name is an act of injustice to the institution. The change cannot be done unilaterally without amending the act setting up the university. (2). The changing was too early especially when the university is trying to bury its late Vice Chancellor. (3). Unilag is a brand that has been built over the last 50 years. The decision to me is mainly PDP. (4). Unilag is a University established by an act of parliament there should have been dialogue before changing it. (5). The President should have used one of his newly opened federal universities for this because Unilag is an International school. My advice is this, no matter the protests, the head of authority has spoken and it will take the grace of God to change it. Students will only end up prolonging their academic calender or year. There is a saying that says time wait for no man. What will the name do to you? Why not bear it and graduate from the school. What pains me most is that students will end up delaying their schooling at the university. Just forget about the name and forge ahead. You are not studying Unilag or Maulag but a course
Re: The Benefits And Facts: The Changed Of UNILAG To MAULAG by Saction(m): 4:17pm On May 30, 2012
What couse this ,is the corrupt polytechnic that was name after him,the polytechnic is the most corrupt institute in nigerian,i stay in abeokuta i knw everything about the sch mapoly.
Re: The Benefits And Facts: The Changed Of UNILAG To MAULAG by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 30, 2012
@poster, for all that mindless tosh you put up there, go and put a nail in your bullhead.
Now i'm being really polite, you dont want to see the other side shogbo.
Re: The Benefits And Facts: The Changed Of UNILAG To MAULAG by byzle88: 5:34pm On May 30, 2012
Unilag students should stop disturbing themselves by protesting cos we have a govt that is insensitive to the desires and opinions of the people.Afterall,a polytechnic has already been named after the hero to eulogise him,why unilag dat has been in existence for several years and had carved a niche using its brand name,UNILAG,nawa o,ds kind govt!!

(1) (Reply)

Tasued Fisrt Batch Admission List Is Out / Laspotech P-utme Result Is Out / Federal Polytechnic Ede 2012/2013 Pre ND, Part Time And HND Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.