Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,707 members, 7,965,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 06:40 PM

How Is Your Landlord Treating You - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Is Your Landlord Treating You (8309 Views)

These 7 Tips Will Easily Make Your LandLord Lower Your House Rent. / Fire Your Landlord Now!!!2bedroom Flat For Sale For Just N1.5million / Sack Your Landlord With N997250 At Ogijo, Ikorodu, in Lagos State with Less Than 1m. Details Below. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by Zulei(f): 10:46am On Jun 01, 2012
If u nd ur landlord agreed on dat before only den u can sue him, dat is if he is nt workin on d agreement. Bt i tink u should b calm nd treat it jently
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by femmy2010(m): 10:54am On Jun 01, 2012
Have got a father as a landlord.
No worries.
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by munigas(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2012
omo my landlord was like a dog to me i ve to change my way any time we jammm in the passage..
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by oyebanji88(m): 10:57am On Jun 01, 2012
staying with ones landlord can be awful..am an undergraduate living with his landlord infact my room is opposite to his...he kind a like me though but at time he can be so annoying. we live in a 3 storey building with 2 of his wives and abt 7 kids..u av to strictly adhere to the instruction of dem all.baba landlord go talk, him wives sef go talk dier own and even some of his children..so av got abt 5 landlord...paying up d pHCN bill is always d order of d dai...and d cycle goes like dat...i never pray to live with a landlord again in my life..b4 i 4get, d man no dey gree sweep sef.gosh..
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by Dt03(m): 10:58am On Jun 01, 2012
ebamma: na because of the chicken change u spend to buy water make u want to sue your landlord?,
It may not be the chicken change as you are saying it, but the comfort of having water in your apartment/flat is the best. just imagine looking for Aboki to fetch you water outside
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by EnnyP(f): 11:10am On Jun 01, 2012
akinwaleok: i stay in 2bedroom apartment but not in lagos. I packed in september'11 and paid 25percent of d house rent as tenancy agreement, after spending 6months my landlord is asking of damages fee of 40percent of house rent inwhich we havent damage anything and now ask us to pack out if we cant pay it.
What do we do because we are not ready to pay it?

Was ȋ̝̊̅†̥ in d tennacy agreement that you were going † pay damages fee? If ‎​S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡, U̶̲̥̅̊'re bound by d agreement U̶̲̥̅̊ signed † pay the fee. Buh if not, my dear if am in your shoes, am paying nada.
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by aieromon(m): 11:14am On Jun 01, 2012
Dammit.This is the reason why landlords interview their prospective tenants nowadays.Some tenants can be a pain in the a$$.Its a two-way thing thats why in my current search for a crib,I interview my prospective landlord.
If I don't get what I want soon,I might just move into one of my dad's houses.His tenants don't suffer so why must I?

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by yankidelta(m): 11:17am On Jun 01, 2012
Bright2: Those pointing at Ikwerre landlords of cause i am one,when you get to ikwerre land,try & rent an appartment from non indigene who bought land & built you will find out the ikwerre man don't have problem so far as you fulfil your own part.I am also a tenant as a traveler ,right now i am in Gwer east LGA of Benue state,i didn't carry my house along,sometimes we have this challenges too. It doesn't really matter about tribes rather it's about individual & it happens every where.

Bro U̶̲̥̅̊ r right ppl do posses certain xteristics irrespective of tribe or religion so it's not usually good to generalize.But make Ikwerres try be a bit more friendly esp d privileged landlords  also have had a not too good experience wiv em.
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by ibrowisky(m): 11:23am On Jun 01, 2012
i have a landlord that is very harsh and even stupid!
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by Nasri100(m): 11:27am On Jun 01, 2012
My LandLord is the best!! He gives me food,water and pays my phcn bills...Ontop of that he Got me a job.

The only problem i have with him is He is fond of Banging my wife everyday...any help??
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by Cullinane: 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
Dude are u 4 real?
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by Tinyemeka(m): 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
ZUBY77: My landlord is the best. He makes sure i eat whenever i am hungry. My wife said he comes to our apartment whenever he likes. My mother is fond of him. He is a big comic relief. He dont ask me for rent money. He makes sure there is water in the house always. The reason why he does all this things for me is because my landlord is ME.

LOL. Wicked boy! Comic relief indeed. cheesy
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by John311: 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
@Nasri100 that your landlord wicked oooo grin grin
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
Odunnu: I have a very cordial relationship with my landlady. She doesn't give me trouble and I am not nosey. I dont seek her attention or opinion. So, i'm like a little wonder to her.

@Odunnu, Exactly the same r/ship I have with my landlady. Just that she can be nosey often, Lol... once jokingly told me she sees the ladies dat come see me, Lol. Funny Old woman. It takes two to tango tho, as I try to lead an easy & quiet life @ home. Even his son who lives on the other BQ has been a great neighbor. Lucky moi!
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
my landlady sucks,she demanded for a year,and half rent when its on agreement that I pay for a year.she threatens to increase the rent or we the tenants pay that.. I hate her ass, I gave her 6 month advance even when my rent hasn't expired,cos she said she needed money...last week she asked me for the remaining one year balance..what can I do?
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by kingPINN(m): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2012
I Have good relationship wit ma landlord..we stay in oppsite flats and I don't usually see him because of d nature of my work..However, I got a call yesterday form the landlord's lawyer that my landlord has reported me to him. I was like what for..I v searched my soul to knw where I v gone wrong bt cudnt fathom a thing. I am actually meeting with the lawyer to knw my 'sins' I am thinking may be, I have two of my relatives @ home. I wil get mad if tis hapns to be d reason, dos he want to deny me having visitors, wen am not in prison. I paid my rent n he shd jst alow me be. Until tmr..my fingers are still crossed..
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by mikron(m): 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
good. But she is begining to have this abuja shylock landlords/landladys tendecies. Increasing rent on yearly basis now. From 150,000 to 200,000 and just dis year to 300,000 for a self contain o. Though she is not wicked o just the greed. She is frm anambra st.
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by adetunrayo(f): 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
my landlord is a good man.
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by iykak47: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
I have not seen my landlord before,he doesnt call provided one doesn't joke with his monthly house rent.
If i have any complain i meet the management of the garden to resolve the issue.
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by tellwisdom: 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
All you all renting houses worth 300k upward, yet you come here complaining of oweing-Bla bla bla. Seriously, dont you have more better things to do with your monies??
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by manmustwac(m): 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2012
Nasri100: My LandLord is the best!! He gives me food,water and pays my phcn bills...Ontop of that he Got me a job.

The only problem i have with him is He is fond of Banging my wife everyday...any help??
Are you serious shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
a have a house project.thanks to my landlord
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by firestar(f): 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2012
There's nothing like owning a house built by you. 'nuff said. smiley
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
Nasri100: My LandLord is the best!! He gives me food,water and pays my phcn bills...Ontop of that he Got me a job.

U re ur landlord.
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by Emmxyl(m): 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
kiviglomi: I stay in the same compound with my landlord but we hardly see each other, he is busy as well as the wife so nobody has that time for conversation, we return from work and walk into our apartments quietly, despite having his kids around, the compount is very quiet and at peace, we only stop ones in a while to ask ourselves how work is coming and get to talk about the stupid thing happening in nija.

Its same with me
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by CyberG: 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
afam4eva:
Absolue bunkum. It's only in Nigeria that people don't have the full benefits of what the paid for.

I see you are already making mouth after barely managing to escape from Nigeria to Cotonou and to Gods own country! You should be happy that we did not ruin or break the country like you want to do to Nigeria and that is why today, you are bragging where you did not sow!! tongue

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by doublecross(m): 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
ZUBY77: My landlord is the best. He makes sure i eat whenever i am hungry. My wife said he comes to our apartment whenever he likes. My mother is fond of him. He is a big comic relief. He dont ask me for rent money. He makes sure there is water in the house always. The reason why he does all this things for me is because my landlord is ME.
you are mad......hahahahahahaha grin
Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by doublecross(m): 2:20pm On Jun 01, 2012
i have killed 4 landlords in my life time and i am expecting to kill more. i have the money to buy or build my own house but i wount just to get rid of some useless landlords in this society. the last one i killed blocked water supply from getting to me for no reason......i didnt argue with him....i just went into my room...brought out my small pistol......and boom.........i opened his skull. so all you stupid landlords....beware.

3 Likes

Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by CyberG: 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2012
POTUT: I am owing my landlord 200k from last year and another 500k for the new rent that has just rolled in. He has been to my house and we have talked about 4 times now about the payment. He understands that losing a job isn't easy, especially when you haven't found another. He prays for me and even when I asked him to give me a fixed moratorium, he told me that he couldn't, that God will make a way for me. Now how do I describe such a man?

He is Yoruba and I am Ibo...tribalism just died! He even used some Ibo adages during our conversation.

Well, you see you are the problem thinking of tribal differences when it's simply a business affair between you! Spread the news to the bigots on NL who think always I this way! One advice though is pending the time you get another job, try and scale down your expenses so you don't exhaust your savings, no matter how much you have it will finish if you don't make new money! Also remember that as humans, his understanding is limited and he will not be patient forever as he has to run it as a business and recoup his investment. If you don't recognize this now that you are in his good strides, when he changes I am sure you will not like him so much again and may in fact attribute it to being from a different tribe!

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by DrummaBoy(m): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2012
I live in Ibadan, Akobo city to be exact.I have a great Landllord. A Christian man, Redeemed Pastor. I have no qualms with him whatsoever. Issues crop up and we resolve them like Gentlemen. I think I just try not to allow my wife's feeling get me instigated against him and he does the same with his wife too and so far so good.
However, the blessing of having a Dracula for a Landlord is that you build your house quickly and the downside of having a good one is that you feel to comfortable and think what the need for my own house... Goodluck OP on your Landlord issues

2 Likes

Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by rule(m): 2:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
I have one of the best and endanger specie brand of landlord,being paying ten thousand naira for my flat for the past four years,generator and diesel to run it free of charge for the entire tenants, he is not nosy or concern about the size of your extende family or guest in your home and beside his son was my ring bearer in my marriage,he paid for the suit and his wife also shared sourvenir.his type is rare in an oil city like warri.

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Landlord Treating You by wakabout(m): 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
i'm currently in court with my tenant. He doesnt pay his rents, over 12 months due. He works but just doesn't want to pay. My lawyer issued him 6 months quit notice and another 7 days notice, after which I disconnected his water supply. The man quickly went to court to complain of harrassment and forceful ejection, asking the court to give him another 6 months before he leaves. Nearly 6 months now, the case is always on adjournment anytime we go to court. Meanwhile, we live in the compound and he hasn't paid any kobo as rent this year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Looking For Tiling And Marbles Laying Service? / Doors: Strong Foreign Security And Steel Doors Selling In Lagos / Before You Demolish That Structure, Consider This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.