Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Why You Are Not Getting The Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why You Are Not Getting The Job. (8478 Views)

" I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? / He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears / Can This Blow My Chances Of Getting The Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by GboyegaD(m): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
azimibraun: For me, its a diploma,b.sc and m.sc yet no job. Wll i ever 4gv d ruling class of nigeria; ppl who gt everythin practically free. Wen wll me and my mates who are kids of ordinary women gt jobs, get married,raise kids and gv our lives 2 God?

Why did you opt for an MSc in the first instance? Was it because of the no job situation after your BSc? Why not try pick up a lecturing job in a Polytechnic or College of Education provided you have the passion to teach.
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by cdoffx(m): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
swtbb: @ nikinash tnx alot 4 dat post,pls inform me if dia is any vancancy. i read chemical engring n hv nt gotten a job. my mail address is bblondon48@yahoo.com
tell me that after 5 or so years studying chemical engineering you can't even come up with a formula for let say a chemical for household/kitchen use,with that it'll be easier for you to get a financier. ideas rule the world not sch knowledge.
i guess you want to work for a big company that will give you official car...funny
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by komek(m): 10:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
cdoffx: i'm sad when i see people post here they're looking for job with good result and age out of their side.
the little advice i'll give is that why not forget about serving someone and start planning to serve yourself after all i believe after the uni you should have diversified knowledge.
if you've studied marketting must you look for job why not start a small consulting firm in markettin,imagine if you've looked for job for 5ys how much would your consulting firm would have grown in 5ys with dedicated service
nonesense, is it not money U̶̲̥̅̊ use in starting a
consulting firm?
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by cdoffx(m): 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
komek: nonesense, is it not money U̶̲̥̅̊ use in starting a
consulting firm?

bull shi t.it only shows how shortsighted and dependent you've decided to be hoping someone will continue giving you food and clothing in the form of your monthly salary. if its hard for you to get something little to start small then i'm sorry you're not even fit to be employed by any right thinking boss cos you'll end up being a liability and not asset to the firm.
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by joelala(m): 11:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
inice: Yes! No. 3 got me. I applied for a job online with my BB. I got the job 4rm one of these job sites. I didn't know that they had called me for an interview. A week after the interview, as GOD would have it, they called me,fixed Another weekend for me and forwarded another interview mail to my box. Just then, I saw the older one. This time, I didn't allow it slip my fingers. I rushed down for the interview and was so surprised to find out that I was the only Interviewee that day. But I also found out that 500 graduates applied for the job. 20 applicants' CVs were considered for the first interview which I missed. After the rigorous but test-based-on-knowledge interview, I was informed that I did well. Glory be to GOD. An employment letter was sent to my box including remuneration. Cheers

SCAM! why wld any employer send an employment letter via email....i don't believe this story jor.
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 04, 2012
joelala:

SCAM! why wld any employer send an employment letter via email....i don't believe this story jor.

In a civilized world with internet, where trees don't need to die anymore for a document to be made, how else should an employer send employment letter to someone?

This level of doubt don reach disease O.
Abeg seek Psychiatric help. cheesy
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by Sike(m): 6:32am On Jul 04, 2012
Bookmarked!!!
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by Jubal01: 6:43am On Jul 04, 2012
mrkels:
Someone should give a honest answer to this question
Yes pls. Urgently!
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by gossips(f): 10:19am On Jul 04, 2012
@Joey82 I read Linguistics in the University of Ibadan. @Olyivy I appreciate your concern. @Gboyega I've been doing that for 3months now.

Thank you all!
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by noblesam(m): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
mrkels:
Someone should give a honest answer to this question

Your CV does the Magic! at least to be invited for interviews! As you grow older after leaving skool, your CV should thread a proffessioanl path having in the the right skills and experience. Ensure that your CV satisfies to a reasonable extent attributes the employer is lloking for. DO NOT APPLY FOR ALL JOBS.
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by Vergil: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
olyivy:
take it easy, its not you against the world.
Your getting a job might not be through all those applications u so much hope on.

You say it, like its easy to take it easy!

In this country too. That some pple keep shouting "come back home" n all!
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by saintgwizard(m): 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2012
yommy2sure: One thing iv observed in some folks is wht i call a negative mentality...yes its a fact that nepotism exist in most establishments but there r still testimonies of ppl that got employed without knowing anyone...yes there r firms out there that r looking for brilliant people with the right work ethic not caring who their parents are...so pls stop thinking it is impossible for you to get a job without knowing someone....improve ur knowlege, get better and remain positive...i wish us all the best in the search

On point! All you need to land your dream job is, polish your skills and be patient. Above all, prayer works.
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by nikinash(f): 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2012
I apologize for not coming back to the thread earlier.
To GboyegaD, I would say do not compare yourself to any other candidate, you don't know them or what they are capable of. Simply expantiate on your strength and let your enthusiasm show through. Consider yourself on the other side of the table, what would you like to hear and see? Many times it not only what you say that a prospective employer is looking at but your demeanor. Summarily, be very honest, enthusiastic, confident and get your message across.

My other interest is for people who are "too old". I apologize in advance because I may offend you by what I am about to say.
It is more than likely that if you have not had a job within two years after leaving school, it gets more difficult to get a job thereafter, this is by no means a generalist statement as many people do go on to have excellent jobs. However in my sojourn I have experienced the fact that when someone has a long unemployment gap, chances of getting into the next job is reduced because employers want a track record! It's that simple. My plea is take the job that offers you little pay, learn, grow and look for your dream job while you are there. Everyday there are vacancies online, offline, networked. Don't wait forever for the oil company, telecoms or bank job while you get older and more non-fitting into an employment age bracket. You really will never know where that job will take you unless you take the plunge. I am aware that there are many bad stories of small business owners owing salaries etc, but there a many more who treat their staff well. In summary, don't give yourself an excuse for stagnancy, the job where you started small can be your launchpad into the future you deserve.
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by Jose150: 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
Pls,am searching 4 job in case there is any vacancy.I graduated 4rm federal polytechnic oko,Anambra state.i read Accounting.contact me on my email:chioz4real@yahoo.com.
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by komek(m): 6:31am On Jul 10, 2012
cdoffx:
bull shi t.it only shows how shortsighted and dependent you've decided to be hoping someone will continue giving you food and clothing in the form of your monthly salary. if its hard for you to get something little to start small then i'm sorry you're not even fit to be employed by any right thinking boss cos you'll end up being a liability and not asset to the firm.
pple like you are †ђξ ones who organise seminars and extort and eploit pple in †ђξ name of U̶̲̥̅̊ teaching them how τ̅☺ make money by collecting the little they have. How do U̶̲̥̅̊ make U̶̲̅я savings if not by doing some thing and saving up sometin. Wud just stay at home and start a consulting firm? I no U̶̲̥̅̊ r a longsighted person. Hope U̶̲̥̅̊ have nt involved ursef in Yahoo yahoo business τ̅☺ started U̶̲̅я consulting firm sha?
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by nikinash(f): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by cdoffx(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
komek: pple like you are †ђξ ones who organise seminars and extort and eploit pple in †ђξ name of U̶̲̥̅̊ teaching them how τ̅☺ make money by collecting the little they have. How do U̶̲̥̅̊ make U̶̲̅я savings if not by doing some thing and saving up sometin. Wud just stay at home and start a consulting firm? I no U̶̲̥̅̊ r a longsighted person.
we're two different people viewing things from different angle. i only gave consulting example there are lots of things you can do on ur own
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by joelala(m): 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2012
2buff:

In a civilized world with internet, where trees don't need to die anymore for a document to be made, how else should an employer send employment letter to someone?

This level of doubt don reach disease O.
Abeg seek Psychiatric help. cheesy

u don't need to seek attention by insulting and exhibiting your level of literacy on the web. a well structured coy/firm would call you in for a chat and offer you your letter of appointment in person and also give you a break down of your total package in person..what if you don't receive the email, guess no job for ur sorry ass be dat abi?
Re: Why You Are Not Getting The Job. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2012
Another major reason why u don't get d job is confidence. A lot of ppl have it at d back of their mind that they already know d ppl they want to give job at any interview. This mentality is very very bad. Inasmuch as we see it happen sometimes, I still believe dt its nt 100 percent. If it happens 99 percent of the time, why don't u believe dt d 1 percent is U? I have changed jobs twice witout knowing anyone in the companies. I just make sure I do my midnight prayers, prepare well and impress them during d interview.
It takes a second to know sumone, so d panel can decide to know u on d interview day, its abt favour. It has happened to me once at a scholarship interview. Didn't know anyone but wen I got to d panel, sumone happened to know my dad, n wen d results came out, I was d one on d list. I've never seen d angel after dt day. Same can happen to u. All u need is preparatn n favour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: How To Benefit From The #1.1 Trillion CBN Relief Package / KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank / The Portal Will Re-open For New Registration This Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.