Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,721 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea (1622 Views)

The Real Name Of GOD. Bantus Of Africa Are The Israelites. / Red Sea: Archaeologists Discover Remains Of Egyptian Army From The Biblical Exod / The Cult of Black Hebrew Israelites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by Nobody: 2:39am On Jun 02, 2012
SOME are reading this because they are sure it is not true; the columnist must be mistaken. God bless them. I have a surprise for them.

Some are reading because they are fascinated by the possibility that the columnist is right. God bless them too. I have a gift for them.

Some, seeing this headline, skip to the next page because they are scared that the columnist may be right; and they may have to modify their long-held belief… Somebody is laughing at them… But I am not.

I got a whiff of this fact about 20 years ago, but I never gave it much attention. It was not substantiated. The writer only mentioned in passing that what the Israelites actually crossed was said to be a Sea of reeds. I dismissed it and read on.

But a couple of years ago, I was studying one of my bibles when I kept noticing the footnote: Hebrew: sea of reeds anytime there is mention of Red Sea. It means in the original Hebrew text, what is written is sea of reeds. That got me curious.

The said Bible version is The NEW LIVING TRANSLATION of the Holy Bible published in 1997 by the Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. WHEATON, ILLINOIS, USA.

The said footnotes are on pages 56, 59, 60, 69.

Next, I checked “The Route of the Exodus” on Page 58 of Good News Bible (with Deuterocanonical Books/Apocrypha). I got another surprise: It shows clearly that the Israelites crossed the sea of reeds near a place indicated on the map as Baal Zephon.

Baal Zephon is close to Goshen and using the scale provided on the map, the Red Sea is about 350 kilometres away down south —- as the crow flies.

Determined to get to the bottom of it all, I sought out my old friend, a language expert, publisher, Bible scholar, philologist, polyglot etc, etc and one-time secretary of the Students Christian Movement, 77-year-old Pa. Modupe Oduyoye. He studied Hebrew, hieroglyphics and Arabic at Yale University, United States.

Ever eager to help, Pa brought out both his Hebrew Bible and The Jerusalem Bible. Both confirmed the claims of the New Living Translation. The words used in the Hebrew texts are Yam Suph. Hebrew Yam means sea. Hebrew Suph means reeds – a tall plant-like grass with hollow stem that grows in or near water.

From the explanations in the Jerusalem Bible, the alteration of sea of reeds to Red Sea was done by the Hebrew scholars who translated the original Hebrew texts into the Greek Septuagint—-the very first Greek translation of the Old Testament .

It’s interesting that many subsequent translators of the English Bible who claim to have consulted the original Hebrew texts have decided to go with the clear fraud.

At the end of our perusal, Oduyoye gave his verdict: “That Red Sea has no business being there.”

Indeed, the description of the Israelites’ camp site shortly after leaving Egypt (Ex.14:1&2) removes all doubts as to the exact location of the crossing: “Then the LORD said to Moses, ‘Tell the Israelites to turn back and camp in front of Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and The Red Sea, near Baal Zephon.” This description is repeated in Exodus 14:9.

Going by scale accompanying the map, that portion of the sea of reeds is about seven kilometres wide.

Sea of reeds could mean a place where reeds grow in their thousands—-like a sea of heads at the stadium or a portion of the sea, (in this case, the Mediterranean Sea) shallow enough for reeds to grow aplenty. This sea of reeds actually started as an inflow of the Mediterranean Sea at the Nile Delta some 45km away from where the Israelites crossed.

It must have been quite difficult—-and miraculous—- terrain to cross for “about six hundred thousands men, not counting women and children” and their livestock.

Nevertheless, doctoring the records to read Red Sea instead of sea of reeds is religious fraud.

Thankfully, it was fraud carelessly perpetrated, and so, easily detected. If truly the Israelites crossed the Red Sea long before getting to Mt Sinai, surely, something is awfully wrong with Old Testament Geography. Just check the map again.

I pity those who still insist that the records of the Jews are infallible —- because they are included in “the scriptures.”

The Red sea fraud is in fact a tip of the iceberg compared to other frauds perpetrated by those Jewish translators —- but unknown to many Bible readers. The reality, which many religious fellows are unwilling to face, is that the Hebrew scribes were never motivated by Christian ideals of truth or loving kindness. Rather, they were under the tutelage and inspiration of a bloodthirsty deity intent on propaganda and domination by the most ruthless means.

Despite the profusion of sonorous songs, even films (The Ten Commandments), in celebration of the event; despite the calibre of “men of God” who till today emote about the miraculous crossing of “The Red Sea” —- the simple fact is: IT NEVER HAPPENED. It is a 2, 212-year-old lie!

The Israelites never crossed the Red Sea

Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87964:ogunsola-the-israelites-never-crossed-the-red-sea&catid=38:columnists&Itemid=615
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by Nobody: 2:41am On Jun 02, 2012
One day it will be clear to all that Christianity itself is a fraud. Jesus wept aloud!!!
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:41am On Jun 02, 2012
jesus was th illegitimate son of a ..
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by Kagawa: 5:50am On Jun 02, 2012
Indeed, 2,121 year old lie, hehehehehehehehehehehe, hilarious, but yet again, there maybe truth there. I for one haven't heard about this before, yet, I'm open to new knowledge, & theories, especially the ones that seem "conspiratic".
This is the life we know, a life we believe all mumbo jumbo, sm will say #ignorance is bliss, & sm will say ‎​ђã†‎​ you don't know won't kill you, others will say we shud foreget the past.....
Yet hw do we grasp the future is we don't understand our past How D̶̲̥̅̊o we get to where we Я̩̥̊ going if we D̶̲̥̅̊o not know our origin......
I read a lot tins like this.... Truth or not, pple aren't ready to change their beliefs....."It has been believed by men b4 them, why should they believe diffrent -this is their thot.

1 Like

Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by ijawkid(m): 5:53am On Jun 02, 2012
But did they cross a river??

Was d river seperated for them to cross?
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by Kagawa: 5:54am On Jun 02, 2012
I must say to you Mr Pagan, D̶̲̥̅̊o not drop quotes or tips like this for pple to cmplete it 4u. U̶̲̥̅̊ leaving a trail at the end says that you D̶̲̥̅̊o not know crap abt wht U̶̲̥̅̊ wana talk abt, U̶̲̥̅̊ just a pagan as U̶̲̥̅̊ Я̩̥̊.. Next tym, maake it a topic & leav facts, or articles to back up Чя claim, n be sure tht I'll be dia reading.
PAGAN 9JA:
jesus was th illegitimate son of a ..
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2012
Buh den, I bliv crossing d sea of reeds to the oda side aint humanly possible... The children of Israel were in danger, and God made a way where there seemed 2 be no way. Weda it was a sea of water or a sea of reeds dat was parted, I cant tell, all I know is dat there was a parting to save dem...which indeed is one of many miracles portrayin 'How GREAT our God is' >(the msg d bible writers were tryin to pass across).
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by ckkris: 8:57am On Jun 02, 2012
I believe in JEHOVAH ELOHIM, the Creator of all things, visible and invisible, THE LORD GOD OF ISRAEL. The Most High can defend Himself, and has established freedom of speech, including freedom to oppose, and disparage Him. But let no one create problems by quarrelling with other claims of being god. The consequence is known to all Nigerians . JESUS IS LORD OVER ALL THE EARTH.
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by unphilaz(m): 10:13am On Jun 02, 2012
So what? Make i play my chicken invasion game jor
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:18am On Jun 02, 2012
Kagawa: I must say to you Mr Pagan, D̶̲̥̅̊o not drop quotes or tips like this for pple to cmplete it 4u. U̶̲̥̅̊ leaving a trail at the end says that you D̶̲̥̅̊o not know crap abt wht U̶̲̥̅̊ wana talk abt, U̶̲̥̅̊ just a pagan as U̶̲̥̅̊ Я̩̥̊.. Next tym, maake it a topic & leav facts, or articles to back up Чя claim, n be sure tht I'll be dia reading.

first of all, speak ENGLISH. second, i know what im saying. why else would mary make up this foolish story. and everyone knows laws were rigid back then, especially among the jews. and adulterers were stoned. she obviously wanted to escape that fate and throw away suspicion fro her boyfriend. it all fits. angry
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by denitro(m): 10:38am On Jun 02, 2012
You are using The NEW LIVING TRANSLATION to do your research..
LOL...
PATHETIC
GET A LIFE or USE THE KINGS JAMES VERSION
Then people will listen to you.
The NEW LIVING TRANSLATION - LMAO - HAHAHAHA - LOL - NICE TRY
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by harakiri(m): 10:50am On Jun 02, 2012
denitro: You are using The NEW LIVING TRANSLATION to do your research..
LOL...
PATHETIC
GET A LIFE or USE THE KINGS JAMES VERSION
Then people will listen to you.
The NEW LIVING TRANSLATION - LMAO - HAHAHAHA - LOL - NICE TRY

King James Version huh? How nice! What do you really know about this King James anyways? If you know just a little bit about his life style and his reason for putting the scrolls together, you'd dump the fraud called religion that instant. But you don't know do you?

Puttz!!! tongue
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by chinedumo(m): 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2012
[size=15pt]Red sea is a mistranslation. The name is Sea of reeds

the Israelites did not cross the read sea but the sea of reeds
[/size]
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by ckkris: 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
Lovers of the Holy Bible say Red Sea, agents of satan, who have no business with this Book of Life, begin to take panadol for other people's headache. If you satanists are as bold as you pretend, why don't you sell your books of witchcraft in open market, and hold your meetings in day time. JESUS CHRIST guarantees your liberty, but the day your cocaine push you to challenge the god of boko haram, then you'll know that someone paid for this liberty you abuse anyhow.
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2012
mhh, yes that is to my understanding your assumption, go to 8:25 on this clip - The Exodus Conspiracy to hear where the Israelites crossed. [url]http://youtube.ng/watch?v=RHbz92YTzjU [/url] cheers
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
mhh, yes that is to my understanding, your assumption, go to 8:25 on this clip - The Exodus Conspiracy to hear where the Israelites crossed. [url]http://youtube.ng/watch?v=RHbz92YTzjU [/url] cheers
Re: The Israelites Never Crossed The Red Sea by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
mhh, yes that is to my understanding, your assumption, go to 8:25 on this clip - The Exodus Conspiracy to hear where the Israelites crossed. [url]http://youtube.ng/watch?v=RHbz92YTzjU [/url] cheers

(1) (Reply)

I Was Seduced By A Woman - Pastor Adeboye Reveals / Muslim Clergymen Begin Miracle Healing Crusades Like Their Christian Colleagues / Primate Ayodele Who Prophesized Keshi's Death Releases Damning Prophecy For PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.