Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,432 members, 7,929,421 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 01:41 PM

The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? (27015 Views)

Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport / Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound / Press Release on the accident from The DANA Air Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by PeterKbaba: 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
Welcome to the New World Nigeria, were nothing seems to work. Most someone we know die, before we hit the street and start this revolution we all are waiting for, but scared to talk about... We need to rescue this country and ourselves from all this politicians..... They are all fighting for their pockets and not us. How can a country like Nigeria, which as the best and highest number of natural resources in the World ( We have any mineral and best conceptual human resource you need in the world ), yet nothing is working.... Are we their slaves, we keep acting like an uneducated people and society... We need our country back, either intact as 1 of broken... Once and for-all
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
ba_aliyah: More than 200 people die on our roads every week, there is no noise because most of them are poor. Only God knows the no of people killed in the 27 vehicles burnt two days ago there was no inquiries to ascertain the cause and prevent a reapeat cos the afffected people are mostly poor. We are all thesame before God.
Who is going to compensate the people killed in the house on which the crashed plane fell.
good point.

1 Like

Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by Imyourex(m): 8:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
cry cry I cry 4 9ja cry cry cry cry
grin amadioha where are you?
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by osram(m): 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

When I look at the sky and see other countries' national carriers,I just feel so bad for being a Nigerian.Where is our own Nigeria Airways when Ethiopia,Ghana,south Africa even kenya airways are still flying ? Something has really gone worse with this country ! angry
even zimbabwe airways stil fly..dz con3 sucks
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by COOLDK(m): 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2012
In fact this country is so Bizzare,
Plane crash at Ishaga near my house, Fire fighters have no oxygen to work with,
Dressed in casual wear like we the spectators, No helmet, No safety boot,
Arriving at the scene about 30 minutes later.
The house affected that was on fire victims shouting for help inside with no one to help, police just walking as if its just a riot, leaving people at risk near the burning plane,
LASTMA, AIR FORCE, NIMASSA, ROAD SAFETY, SOLDIERS, POLICE, MAN O WAR, among others unable to cub the fire within 2 1/2 hours.
People stealing at the scene

Only God can help us in this country where the leaders just think only on how to embezzle money.
God! and you are watching...............................................
Revolution! where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
sadyeek:
B
[size=16pt]are you sure?? thats not so old for a plane..[/size]

guy. A plane of 21years is not that old.....dont compare cars and aircrafts together. Get your points right

1 Like

Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by LewsTherin: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
I have been delayed on a Dana flight that had to receive permission to fly even though the landing lights were not in order. This flight was at 10pm! The return flight was still in maintanance!!
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by Ajibel(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
The incident was very close to my area. Actually i saw the plane trying to stop mid air as it came gently downwards, no one could specify what was really happening then the boom cry cry cry cry
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by cj1080(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
Did you know that this is the second crash in that area in the past 16 years. you all remember the Military crash the herculus plane that went down there in the 90‘s during Abacha‘s time.

Is this Nigeria‘s Bermuda.
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]so the management is not Nigerian, na wa o!
we cheat ourselves and gamble with peoples life, see other people from other county do the same... Nigeria has become a place all can come and shit on!
so sad..

Allah ya jikan muslimi
[/size]

Look at this idiot! That is y ur religion will always be full of terrorists which includes u. Y should it be muslims alone? Intolerant religion. Smh
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by iyaski: 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2012
i hear that all these airplanes are moloeu.....in aero the other day...my uncle had to buy food air bound.....the hostest said he should wait that she had no change she will bring back the change.....lol.... IMAGINE BUYING FOOD ON VIRGIN.....from lagos to heathrow.
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by zangiff(m): 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
where are the fire fighters only area boys and hoodlums everywhere
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by ektbear: 9:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
COOL DK: In fact this country is so Bizzare,
Plane crash at Ishaga near my house, Fire fighters have no oxygen to work with,
Dressed in casual wear like we the spectators, No helmet, No safety boot,
Arriving at the scene about 30 minutes later.
The house affected that was on fire victims shouting for help inside with no one to help, police just walking as if its just a riot, leaving people at risk near the burning plane,
LASTMA, AIR FORCE, NIMASSA, ROAD SAFETY, SOLDIERS, POLICE, MAN O WAR, among others unable to cub the fire within 2 1/2 hours.
People stealing at the scene

Only God can help us in this country where the leaders just think only on how to embezzle money.
God! and you are watching...............................................
Revolution! where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Nigeria is a very useless country
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by UyiIredia(m): 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is not their first time, it's not their second time and may not be their last. When will these people fact the wrath of the law ?
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by Nauttyprof(m): 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
I'm sick and tired of the non-challant attitude of our so-called government, they will be crying foul now when they ought to have done the right thing by ensuring they meet standard. It is only in Nigeria anything goes when we refuse to stay clean and not get involved in shady and dirty matters. Innocent people even in their houses met their death. Haaaaaaa........ What's the way forward Nigeria?
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by oye247(m): 9:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
Indian embassy in Nigeria and all Indian firms should be shut indefinitly.
Bunch of junks.
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by sadyeek(m): 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
goldylock:

Look at this idiot! That is y ur religion will always be full of terrorists which includes u. Y should it be muslims alone? Intolerant religion. Smh

[size=16pt]dude i can not elaborate now, this is not the place for that and it will however derail this thread.. lets just leave it as i have my reasons, and i don't wish any other person bad. Muslim or no Muslim.

NB
i would appreciate if you take back the terrorist comment. pls
[/size]
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by bodejohn(m): 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
iyaski: i hear that all these airplanes are moloeu.....in aero the other day...my uncle had to buy food air bound.....the hostest said he should wait that she had no change she will bring back the change.....lol.... IMAGINE BUYING FOOD ON VIRGIN.....from lagos to heathrow.

You cannot compare these flights with the international ones who stay 5hours plus in the air. AERO is the cheapest airline I have travelled in, a return ticket for 2 Lagos to Abuja costs less than 60K. Why shouldn't they sell snacks to their passengers which is not even by force? Even the Lagos heathrow that you talk about sell things mid air just that it's not food items and they do not have to worry about change because you can pay with your credit card.
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by andyanders: 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2012
Maybe the Indian owners wanted blood hence they wen ahead to use the plane. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by sonyjacobs(m): 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
This one na double tragedy for for nigeria. Bomb blast and plane crash in one day 4 naija. God please take control
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by DLL1: 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
cj1080: Did you know that this is the second crash in that area in the past 16 years. you all remember the Military crash the herculus plane that went down there in the 90‘s during Abacha‘s time.

Is this Nigeria‘s Bermuda.

This is not Bermuda at all. This accident is caused by personnel faults and it could have been avoided! This is not a natural disaster, this is a tragedy acted by misconducting people! God damn those evil people! May their souls be tortured every hour every second till their deserved death![i][/i]
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by Aarenaija: 10:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
Goodluck will hear this and do nothing. Can this happen in their own country?
Or can any serious country allow this shit?
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by Dazzled: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
May d souls of d departed rest in peace and may their families be comforted. Amen!!!!!
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by terfcha: 11:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
If a plain is faulty they have to pack it ,period.
mukina2: Some posts on fb about the crash

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/40750-dana-aircraft-makes-emergency-landing-in-lagos
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by babyboy3(m): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
This has been coming but so many Nigerians seems to tolerate so many things just because of our thinking. I could remember when the Lagos state Rail project decided to purchase a 30 years old rail stock, so many people supported the ideal they even celebrated it, I said why do we celebrate mediocre things, I could remember when Okada Air buys 2nd hand BA planes, now we have so many European airlines handing over fleets of planes that should be heading for the scrap yard to Nigerian to run air companies. I was on a plane leaving London for Madrid! their was 2hrs delay because they had to change a very tiny device, we all saw the engineer turn up, took the device out which was as small a match box, he signed off hen he finished and we were on our way, I said that if that was a 9ja airline they would have risk it not only once but so many times, yes we now have stories from the German or French saying stuff but at the end of the day they are the ones who sold the Nigerian firms these old stock. Until we stop accepting these foreign firms handing down scrap for us to use.
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by Florasboy(m): 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2012
IMAGIN OTHER COUNTRIES PLAYING WITH FLIGHT TECHNOLOGY, NIGERIA IS BUSY BATTLING WITH LOCAL FLIGHTS EVERY TIME.
CAN SOMEBODY SWEAR THAT ONE OR TWO PEOPLE AT THE ABUJA AIR PORT TOWER DOES NOT KNOW THAT THIS PLANE WILL CARSH?

THESE ARE WHAT WE DO TO OURSELVES BECAUSE OF MONEY, COMMON TO SERVICE THE FLIGHT YOU USE FOR YOUR BUSINESS, THESE FOOLS CANNOT DO IT. ONLY FOR SOME USELESS POLITICIANS TO SAY IT WILL BE INVESTIGATED.

MY PEOPLE, WILL INVESTIGATION BRING BACK THE LIVES OF THOSE PRETTY FACES AM SEEING THAT DIED ALONG SIDE THEIR INNOCENT CHILDREN?

IF ONLY THOSE MANAGING THESE AIR CRAFTS HAVE THEIR CHILDREN ON BOARD AND POSSIBLY BURNT TO ASHES, BY NOW I FOR DEY DRINK BEER COS IT WOULD HAVE SERVED AS A GOOD EXAMPLE TO THOSE FOOLS THAT PLAY WITH SAFETY AND SAFETY RULES.
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2012
No be today the plane get problem only say na today the plane vex. Its a Nigerian thing we like to manage things too much in this country even at the expense of our safety
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by petroy(m): 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2012
ba_aliyah: More than 200 people die on our roads every week, there is no noise because most of them are poor. Only God knows the no of people killed in the 27 vehicles burnt two days ago there was no inquiries to ascertain the cause and prevent a reapeat cos the afffected people are mostly poor. We are all thesame before God.
Who is going to compensate the people killed in the house on which the crashed plane fell.

True talk...let also look into our road not just air passengers alone.
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by azpekuliar: 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2012
apoti: Dammnnn! The plane is 21 years old angry angry

[url]http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/Dana%20Air.htm[/url]

Thats not old for a plane. Its not a car. At best middle life.
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by azpekuliar: 12:01am On Jun 04, 2012
Ajibel: The incident was very close to my area. Actually i saw the plane trying to stop mid air as it came gently downwards, no one could specify what was really happening then the boom cry cry cry cry

Nigerians and their varied versions of events. You "saw the plane trying to stop mid air". Its not a helicopter for God's sake!
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by babyboy3(m): 12:08am On Jun 04, 2012
azpekuliar:

Thats not old for a plane. Its not a car. At best middle life.

Excuse me!!

They have stopped production of the MD-83 in the 90's and most airlines tat uses these fleet have overhaul all their stocks
Re: The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? by jjjkkkooo: 12:09am On Jun 04, 2012
iyaski: i hear that all these airplanes are moloeu.....in aero the other day...my uncle had to buy food air bound.....the hostest said he should wait that she had no change she will bring back the change.....lol.... IMAGINE BUYING FOOD ON VIRGIN.....from lagos to heathrow.

Actually, some local airlines abroad sell food onboard. Definitely, international flight cannot sell food.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Loses Control In Oyo, Rams Into Cab, Crushes 5 To Death / Zenith Bank Christmas Lights Set To Switch On This Saturday / Top 10 Vacation Destinations And Attractions In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.