Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,609 members, 7,941,341 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

Creating Log Files For Users In Vb - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating Log Files For Users In Vb (888 Views)

Fingerprint Authentication In Vb.net Application / How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating Log Files For Users In Vb by Hayorbahmy(m): 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2007
I am trying to work on a program that would be able to save log files for each member of staff.
Mean while there would be like 20 staffs and they would log on with their user names, password and their rank would be in a combo box.

This is just the part one of the program it's still going to be integrated in to a database for stock taking.

Thanks in advance
Re: Creating Log Files For Users In Vb by MisterMan(m): 5:33am On Dec 18, 2007
Seems that you are not receiving replies because you did not make yourself clear. Stand back and read that as a contributor. Do you understand what you asking? Tell us exactly what you want. Perhaps, I can assist
Re: Creating Log Files For Users In Vb by tomX1(m): 2:13pm On Dec 19, 2007
Well I guess you've already mentioned the keyword - DATABASE. create a table in your database to keep track of your logged users and thier status.
Re: Creating Log Files For Users In Vb by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2007
You can take advantage of the Microsoft Enterprise logger in this. We recently created a sort of Logger for logging events and errors by user and the Logger made it easy for us as it already came with basic utilities we needed.

(1) (Reply)

Potent Tool In C / Microsoft Introduces Applications In Three Nigerian Languages / What's Your Take!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.