Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,403 members, 7,891,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:42 PM

Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? (7881 Views)

Dokpesi Shielded In Detention To Avert Assault By Inmates / Stella Odua On FFK / Aviation Minister Paddles A Canoe To Her Flooded Anambra Hometown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by kettykin: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
Fani Kayode resigned when Nigeria was recording 1 air crash per month during OBJ tenure , yoru hypocrisy will kill you
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Arosa(m): 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^
You are an id¡ot! A friend came from zambia and visited ALL nigerian airports and said they are sh¡t huh? If you have visited the airports lately, you will see the woman is putting in work and she has not been there forever!

Don't insult him, just ask him which airport he is referring to, since all Nigerian airports are now in top shape. undecided
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by lacasa: 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
unclebros: Em....Do we resign in Nigeria?....Nope grin grin grin grin grin

Gbam!
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by duni04(m): 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2012
humblebee: im in the aviation industry, private sector though.. and i can say this is the best aviation minister we've ever had. I don't need to give facts but its my observation and im not benefiting one naira from her ministry but the truth should be told.
150 people die in an air crash due to the negligence of the parastatals under her ministry and she's the best aviation minister ever? That plane had serious issues for christ sake and it was still allowed to fly! That's even apart from the well publicized corruption allegations against her. Its either you're her press secretary or you're just plain stupid. No respect at all for the people that just died. Shame on you!
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by babwilms(m): 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2012
Fine there is alot of work going on at various airports in the country. Atleast i know of MMI, the old wing and Kaduna Airport. But her first and major priority in the industry is air transportation safety. Since the accident happened under her watch i believe she and NCAA boss Harold Demuren
should just resign. Even though Demuren has really done so much in terms of aviation safety in the industry.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by LogicMind: 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
This what happens when you put an Yoruba in charge of something.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by niddamugu(m): 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2012
The problem in the country to has been latent over the years but thank God for this admin for exposing them. Meanwhile, if you say she should go, then everyone else in this administration - petroleum, transport even senate, everybody....... The system needs re-orientation.....
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by dayokanu(m): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
kettykin: Fani Kayode resigned when Nigeria was recording 1 air crash per month during OBJ tenure , yoru hypocrisy will kill you

The crash happened under Aborishade and everyone clamoured for Aborishade to resign, Its only useless people like you, who tribalise the issue.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200611170558.html

This particular mishap is not the first under the tenure of Dr Babalola Borisade. It is neither the second nor third either. His regime spells doom for the aviation industry. Just immediately he assumed office, there was the Bellview air crash at Lisa village in Ogun State. I was one of those who went against those calling for his resignation at the time. My reason being that the mess in the industry had long been there before his appointment as Minister of Aviation. At least, he should be allowed to work before being castigated. But sequence of events so far has proved that he does not have what it takes to take the aviation industry out of the woods.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
Logic Mind: This what happens when you put an Yoruba in charge of something.
Yoruba indeed

Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi was born to Igwe D.O. Oduah of Akili-Ozizor, Ogbaru L.G.A. in Anambra State on January 5, 1962[7]. Oduah-Ogiemwonyi received her Bachelors and Masters Degree (in Accounting and Business Administration respectively) in the United States. Upon her return to Nigeria in 1983, she joined the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.[8]

In 1992, she left the NNPC to establish the Sea Petroleum & Gas Company Limited (SPG), an independent marketer of petroleum products in Nigeria.[9]

She is married to the former Minister for Works, Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi[10] and has children.

[b][/b]
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Musiwa51: 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2012
who is this lady. I do not know her.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
dayokanu:
Yoruba indeed

Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi was born to Igwe D.O. Oduah of Akili-Ozizor, Ogbaru L.G.A. in Anambra State on January 5, 1962[7]. Oduah-Ogiemwonyi received her Bachelors and Masters Degree (in Accounting and Business Administration respectively) in the United States. Upon her return to Nigeria in 1983, she joined the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.[8]

In 1992, she left the NNPC to establish the Sea Petroleum & Gas Company Limited (SPG), an independent marketer of petroleum products in Nigeria.[9]

She is married to the former Minister for Works, Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi[10] and has children.

[b][/b]
Imagine, she has no background in any science field not to talk of the aviation sector... Clueless and inexperience
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by PapaBrowne(m): 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2012
This is the best Minister of Aviation we've ever had in this country!
It's pretty obvious, except you've not been in any of the major airports recently!!
11 Airports being renovated at a go! And she's being there just one year. What did the other Ministers do in the last 13 years??
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Degis(m): 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
Logic Mind: This what happens when you put an Yoruba in charge of something.

You are a sad reminder of a wasted generation. People, who are supposed to extricated away from the comity of human beings
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by 1025: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2012
im in the aviation industry, private sector though.. and i can say this is the best aviation minister we've ever had. I don't need to give facts but its my observation and im not benefiting one naira from her ministry but the truth should be told.

@humblebee,
u don't need facts because i understand that under her, over 200 ppl lost their lives and the first time an aircraft was crashing into ppl's houses killing those that did not even buy their tickets. i don't know who this minister is but as long as such flight and negligence took place under her sector, she deserves death or at worst jail term.
you calling her the best means non of ur family member or relative was involved. for those who lost their whole family will remember her name with pains all the days of their lives. apart from that sector, jonathan and his ministers have proved incompetent in every other sector of this economy.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Chyz2: 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2012
Shield who from what? SHe has nothing to do with what happened. We can all agree that she is the best Aviation ministerin a very long while. If anything, she would have to watch out for jonathan making her an escape goat for his wife's actions which caused the accident.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
empty headed nigerians

do you equate cosmetic renovations of air ports as progress?

fine our air ports are in a shambles, but safety is far more important

sort of like celebrating mechanic for expertly panel beating and repainting a flood damaged vehicle

she is simply following the steps of kema chikwe, who also did a lot of renovation and knee jerk banning of the bac 11 aircraft
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by serenegroup(m): 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
ypzilanti:

Part of the problem in the aviation sector is that the fees and taxes on the airlines in Nigeria is higher than anywhere in the world. Next time you buy a ticket, look at the percentage that goes into taxes and fees. Its about 40% of the ticket. This is not reflected in the maintaninace of the airports but that is a different topic any way. Apart from the ticket taxes and fees, thier revenues are easily verified by government, so they cannot do the usual underdeclaration of profits for corporate taxation purposes.

The airlines are squeezing thier margins out of doing poor maintenace and buying old aircraft.

A 20% slash in taxes and fees will do a lot regarding air safety in Nigeria.
guy i agree with u but if they r heavily task why should they go into the airline business if they know they would be left with less cash to maintain their planes? its not by force to invest in naija if u dont have funds.to pay higher taxes and for keeping business going
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by enehaluh(m): 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
al-ahamad:
I want to direct acusing fingers at everyone cos.....

Dana knew fully well that this could be averted but like someone above rightly said, the profit margin is such that they have to squeeze out profit after the inmense tax nd envelops they dish out on the regular.....

The government makes too much from revenue generated at our airport terminal, Last time I came to naija nd on touch down, I saw people fighting over a common trolly....every part of the airport just demoralized my whole being nd brought back the reality that am in a wealthy but crazy country...

We the people let everything go... After my experience with dana last year, I wrote them off but did nothing about it nd same applies to a lot of us....

Now how can they be held accountable with all thise madness accross all sectors....

Could u imagine they charge an additional 1000naira for FAAN at nothern airports before taking your boarding pass.....its disgusting
..Oga,nice post oh..but d N1000 FAAN levy isn't restricted 2 "Northern" Airports alone..I was charged dat amount at Imo & Phc Airports abeg
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by member479760: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2012
gregg2: Demuren, NCAA boss should resign not Stella Odua.

You get sense pass others, are you a Naija person? cos naija person only thing with their ass.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by anigold(m): 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2012
WHY IS THE DANA CRASH BECOMING THE ONLY ISSUE IN NAIJA NOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIE EVERYDAY ON OUR DEATH TRAP HIGHWAY ROADS BUT THE FG IS BUSY TELLING US STORIES
ARE THE PEOPLE WHO DIE ON OUR BAD ROADS LESSER HUMAN BEINGS. BOKO HARAM IS KILLING PEOPLE AT WILL PER SECOND BILLING BUT THE FG IS STILL TELLING US FUNNY STORIES. THE FG IS JUST WORRIED ABOUT THE DANA CRASH COS ITS LIKELY GOING TO AFFECTS THE 1% POLITICIANS WHO HAVE MILKED NIGERIAN DRY OR ARE CURRENTLY MILKING NIGERIA DRY. WHTA HAPPEN TO THE PENSION FUNDS THAT WAS STOLEN BY THE OWNERS OF NIGERIA.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by shizzle11(m): 10:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
@op in your lame opinion, dana air management shouldn,t be blamed for the crash but the aviation minister, i ask you, hw ws she at fault?. Its obvious your'e simply on a "pull him down syndrom" for some stoopid reasons
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by heymaykher(m): 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
itz too bad that some re fighting over diz. we all know nija naw!!! we said our own lets wait and see wat FG will do bout this issue.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by crackhouse(m): 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
Arosa: Has she resigned yet?
Not yet but she's about to.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by achinu(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
The #1 problem plaguing every sector of naija is incompetence & lack of accountability. I have a saying that "casualness leads to casualty", when you have unqualified & incompetent morons beings awarded positions based on whom they know & not qualification then we will continue to experience preventable incidents like what just occurred. We have very well qualified & trained personnel in naija but unfortunately they are not allowed to perform effectively due to some slowpoke being their bosses & always finding a way to hush or kill any type of initiative that does line their personal pocket. Accountability is a top down approach which in naija is non existent, just my 2 cents angry sad
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Obijulius: 11:18pm On Jun 06, 2012
She will resign when OBJ is hanged for crimes against humanity in Odi.
Any Yoruba in support or we close the case.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by assetstrap(m): 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
There r some idiotic comments being made on this forum. Are some of u saying the minister shouldn't be fired coz she is from the southeast or because u think she bears no responsibility? When u are given a sensitive position as minister of aviation especially with our poor record, the first thing to do would be to make an assessment of how the airports are run and how airlines are regulated. You and I know things are not done properly are you telling me she was not aware? Pls don't bring idiotic tribal sentiments into the discussion coz we are dealing with peoples lives.

1 Like

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by bestofthisyear(m): 1:40am On Jun 07, 2012
afam4eva: WTF should the aviation minister resign? Should the Transport minister also resign if a car accident occurs?

So we should volunteer another 200+ innocent lives to see if she has corrected her ministry? And to answer your question yes the minister of transport should resign as well. Look up the worst places to drive in the world and see if you will still defend him when you see nigeria's ranking. Our problem is we aren't ready or prepared for radical change, its not programmed in our dna yet. Nigeria is not America or the UK but if a catastrophe like this happens there is no way the top official would expect to keep their post. Reason being is they were charged with the responsibility of preventing such a thing from happening. She has obviously shown that she is not capable of preventing such things from happening, and even if why gamble lives to see if she has learned?
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by ifyjay: 10:23am On Jun 07, 2012
GEJ is a slow poke.more than 153 people died on sunday due to obvious criminal negligence and no one has been arrested.even that clown that they call the aviation minister who thinks a total overhaul of the aviation industry is just by painting d airport and giving out shops at the airport to the highest bidder,is still sitting put.Nigeria is definitely messed up!
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by cesil92: 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
Great1, you you for resign? How many of us here wey dey criticize Mrs Stella Oduah for resign? Mtcheew! Plane crash has always occured in all administrations OBJ, Yar-Adua and now GEJ. Many nigerians and nairalanders are like nigerian football fans of the super eagles, They know better than the Coaches, Players and entire Technical bench.
Lets be sincere with ourselves, how many of you out there are very trustworthy with no element of corrupt practices either small or big? Many out there, if given the opportunity will do worst than that.
The fight against corruption is a collective effort and it begins with you and I.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dele Giwa, 27 Years After (16 March 1947 - 19 October 1986) / Alleged N3.7trn Budget Padding: ‘Akpabio Will Not Resign’ – Senate Replies PDP / Ibori To Be Sentenced Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.